attching files in outlook 2007

hello,
if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options
to insert or insert as text.  in previous versions there was an option to
insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available?  I am using
outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Taffy B

"TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello,
> if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get
> options
> to insert or insert as text.  in previous versions there was an option to
> insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available?  I am using
> outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Taffy B

New Message-Insert Tab-Hyperlink.

0
Gordon
4/14/2010 1:07:59 PM
Start new mail message.
Double click the word you want to create a hyperlink to.
Once the word is all blue or "selected"  right click the highlighted word.
Select hyperlink.
At the bottom of the menu box that opens is a section titled address.
Put the the url in the address box.
You can also highlight the word and go to "insert" and create the hyperlink
in that manner.  If you cannot see the option to "insert"  You may have to
change your toolbar/menu options to show insert.

--
I hope this helps you,

Dan

> Start new mail message.
> Double click the word you want to create a hyperlink to.
> Once the word is all blue or "selected"  right click the highlighted word.
> Select hyperlink.
> At the bottom of the menu box that opens is a section titled address.
> Put the the url in the address box.
> You can also highlight the word and go to "insert" and create the
> hyperlink
> in that manner.  If you cannot see the option to "insert"  You may have to
> change your toolbar/menu options to show insert.
>
> --
> I hope this helps you,

Eh? The OP wants to insert a link to a FILE, not turn a word into a link...

0
Gordon
4/14/2010 1:16:41 PM
Hi,
thanks for the swift response.  however, I have been using outlook 2007 on a
laptop which has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed and when i click on
the Attach File Icon, choose the relevant file and click on the drop-down
arrow next to insert I have the option top insert as a hyperlink . On my
desktop PC which also has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed I don't get
the hyperlink option when I click on the drop-down arrow next to insert, just
insert or insert as text.

Am I doing something wrong or have I been dreaming???

> Hi,
> thanks for the swift response.  however, I have been using outlook 2007 on
> laptop which has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed and when i click
> on
> the Attach File Icon, choose the relevant file and click on the drop-down
> arrow next to insert I have the option top insert as a hyperlink . On my
> desktop PC which also has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed I don't
> get
> the hyperlink option when I click on the drop-down arrow next to insert,
> just
> insert or insert as text.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or have I been dreaming???

I don't get that option either. Do the Insert-Hyperlink like I posted...

0
Gordon
4/14/2010 1:58:40 PM
"TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> thanks for the swift response.  however, I have been using outlook 2007 on
> laptop which has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed and when i click
> on
> the Attach File Icon, choose the relevant file and click on the drop-down
> arrow next to insert I have the option top insert as a hyperlink . On my
> desktop PC which also has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed I don't
> get
> the hyperlink option when I click on the drop-down arrow next to insert,
> just
> insert or insert as text.
>
> Am I doing something wrong or have I been dreaming???

Got it. The "insert as Hyperlink" only occurs with Rich Text formatted
messages. Your laptop must be using either HTML or Plain Text for email
format, whereas your Desktop must be using RTF...

0
Gordon
4/14/2010 2:01:16 PM
Thanks Gordon - I had just worked it out and was about to post the solution
but I'm glad you beat me to it sio I know I'm not going mad!   Thanks for
your help - I find these groups really helpful when ever I need any help.

"Gordon" wrote:

> "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > thanks for the swift response.  however, I have been using outlook 2007 on
> > laptop which has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed and when i click
> > on
> > the Attach File Icon, choose the relevant file and click on the drop-down
> > arrow next to insert I have the option top insert as a hyperlink . On my
> > desktop PC which also has office/outlook 2007 with SP2 installed I don't
> > get
> > the hyperlink option when I click on the drop-down arrow next to insert,
> > just
> > insert or insert as text.
> >
> > Am I doing something wrong or have I been dreaming???
> >

> Got it. The "insert as Hyperlink" only occurs with Rich Text formatted
> messages. Your laptop must be using either HTML or Plain Text for email
> format, whereas your Desktop must be using RTF...
>
> .

Microsoft 2000 saving a file
I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either receive one of two messages. (1) Word cannot continue the save do to a file permission error or (2) file or directory cannot be created. I can save to the hard drive not to the traveldrive. HELP Sure doesn't sound like a Microsoft Access Database issue. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7576EA-1F48-45F7-BCF7-39F7BE5954FC@microsoft.com... > I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either > receive one of two messages. (1...

CRM Outlook Laptop client no longer syncing
I can no long sync my Outlook Laptop Client (OLC)! Help I have always understood my OLC install to have some critical bugs, most noteably the issue with logging off Outlook while CRM is still online (not done often). It always seems to crash coming back into Outlook. There were a couple of times where I felt REAL lucky to get the sync back running at all. Now I am toast, where CRM is NOT FUNCTIONAL at all. Two issues I am battling are: 1. The already flakey OLC will no longer sync, in fact NONE of the CRM menus or Toolbar icons will work. They are displayed like everything is OK but wh...

Converting a file
I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that publisher cannot open files from different version. Is there anything i can do? thanks. After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Walt <wmn1978@hotmail.com>... > I have a *.pub file that i need to open. The ony version > of Publisher i have available is '97. I get a message that > publisher cannot open files from different version. Is > there anything i can do? The only thing you can do to help you open the file is ...

isv.config file
We have altered the isv.config file to show additional tabs and buttons in the CRM forms. These tabs and buttons show and work fine in the web client but are not available to the sales for outlook client. They do not show in Outlook. Should this customisation show in the sales for outlook client? Thanks, Brett if you look in your _resources directory under wwwroot on the crm web server you will see a file called OutlookClient_sample.xml you use this file for the outlook client config file. so you duplicate anything in isv.config to this file and call it i think OutlookClient.config -- ...

Outlook 2007
I am getting "not responding" for several functions within Outlook. I am running it under Windows Vista Business (32 bit) When starting Outlook today starts well. If I then click on Calendar I get the monthly view and can add appointments etc to it. However if I try to go to a different (daily or weekly) view or want to access an appointment from the down arrow on the date (>3 appointments) it freezes and eventually get the message "not responding" If I try to go into Tasks again I get the message "not responding". Has anyone any ideas as to how I can get a...

PDF file does not print and postscript file crops pages

Insert As Shortcut option missing from Attach file dialog box
Hello All, When I click on Attach file Icon and choose a file to be attached and when I click on Insert button on attach file dialog box on the bottom right corner. I get all options on one of the computers (Insert , As text, as attachment and as shortcut) but in other computer I donot get "Insert as Shortcut" option. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Shez Same version of Outlook? ... and that would be? Checked all of the = mail format settings? Using Word as the editor (except for Outlook = 2007)? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

pop3 password problem with Outlook 2003
Hi, We are using Outlook 2003 on a Windows 2003 server with terminal services. We have Outlook set-up with pop3 accounts on a small Linux server. We have noticed that when a user changes their NT domain password the next time they logon and use Outlook the previously saved password for the pop3 account is blank and the user is asked to type it in again. The passwords on the pop3 accounts do not change and are not tied to the NT domain in any way. We never had this problem with Outlook 98 on Windows NT4 Terminal Server. Is this new a new feature? Is it possible to change it? Tony Morley ...

.pst files #5
After I have archived my inbox folders into a .pst file, I try to open the archived folder and I get a message that the .pst file is not a personal file folder - and it will not open the archived folder. Any ideas? Where is the archived .pst file stored? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, todd asked: | After I have archived my inbox folders into a .pst file, I | try to open the...

Outlook Secure Folder issue
Got this off the MS website. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thanks for all the help!!! The article is below in >detail. > >Attachments Remain in the Outlook Secure Temporary File >Folder When You Quit Outlook 2003 >View products that this article applies to. >SYMPTOMS >If you quit Outlook 2003 while you have attachments open >from e-mails that are in a secure Outlook folder, the >attachments remain in the Outlook Secure Temporary File >folder, even if you the close the attachments after you >quit Outlook 2003. > >Additionally, if you o...

Excel keeps opening all files
When I run Excel program it keeps on opening all my files in my data directory. Does anyone have any suggestions. It is XP Office. Brenda This maybe the cause of your problem In Tools Menu > Option there is a field labeled Alternate startup file location Excel opens all files in the directory listed in this field -- mudrake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mudraker's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26946 ...

File services role and file copying
Hi, I just migrated our domain controller from 2003 to 2008. It's time now to migrate our file server running on 2003 R2 to 2008 std R2. I have 2 questions: 1. on new file server, should I activate "file services" role, and if yes, what will be the difference with simple file sharing we do on 2003 server? 2. To copy 2 Tb of data, do you still recommend to use robocopy or is there some new tool capable of copying file permissions etc. ? Many thanks for your advice. Mike Hello Mike, This should give you a starting point for file server migration: http:...

File path in header/footer
I know that placing &[file] in the custom header/footer section will automatically print the name of the workbook when printing the sheet (filename.xls). How can I print the file name including the complete file path? (drive:\folder\folder\filename.xls) AHH Look at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/addpath.htm MRO "AHH" <avdhans@cmtc-nv.com> wrote in message news:0b9d01c38161$86e6f680$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I know that placing &[file] in the custom header/footer > section will automatically print the name of the workbook > when printing the sheet (filen...

trying to set up my aol account onto outlook,but can't figure how
See if this info helps at all: http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/imap/ "stephanie" <stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:091BE28E-3D86-4055-8615-1A9D12DB62A6@microsoft.com... > ...

Split large XML-file into smaller files
I need to split a xml-file into smaller files because the receiving system cannot handle the large file. Any ideas on how to split it into smaller files? I don't want to split it into too many files as well, but perhaps 1000 nodes under the root node per file or similar. For example split this into smaller files with 1000 <Customer> per file. <AllCustomers> <Customer> .... </Customer> <Customer> .... </Customer> <Customer> .... </Customer> <Customer> .... </Customer...

Outlook 2000
Is there some way of copying emails in my Outlook 2000 personal folder in a format that can be read by MS Word. ...

How can a split a PUB file into multiple parts?
I cannot find the way to divide a large (150 pg) PUB file into smaller parts. I also want to find out how to extract a single page (the cover) and open only it as a new file. Save your publication with a new name. What version Publisher? If you have 2007 you can select consecutive pages by pressing shift and selecting the page tabs you want to delete. Or press control if the pages are not consecutive. Once deleted, save as a new file. Open the old file again, delete all the pages you don't want and save again with a new name and so on until you have all the sections you need. If ...

Outlook when deleting inbox messages doesn't post to delete items
Why when I delete my inbox messages won't it dump it into the delete items box? ...

Show last files used in File dropdown menu
The File dropdown menu has always shown the last 3 files I used at the bottom of the menu, but someone in my family has done something to turn this feature off. How do I turn it back on? I know this is a simple question, but I can't seem to get a simple answer!! Thanks so much to whomever can help me with this. Best, Ladywulfe Go to Tools <>options<.general tick the "recently used file list" -- Greetings from New Zealand Bill K "Ladywulfe" <Ladywulfe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0C0AF67-32F6-47FF-AFC8-D5006232BB8E@microso...

What's the name of the file that stores AutoComplete addresses
My Outlook had to be re-installed and I lost my contact list which is very large. I see several files in the recycle bin. Is one of them by contacts? Autocomplete cache is an NK2 file, named for your profile, often outlook.nk2. Paste the following line in the address bar of windows explorer; %USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook and it will open to the folder where its stored. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subsc...

use web exchange email with outlook express
I'm trying to figure out how to configure my Outlook Express email account settings so that I can receive Microsoft Exchange internet-based email through my regular email account. Any suggestions? It used to work through POP but now it doesn't. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I'm trying to figure out how to configure my Outlook > Express email account settings so that I can receive > Microsoft Exchange internet-based email through my regular > email account. Any suggestions? It used to work through > POP but now it doesn't. Ask your Exchange ad...

.mde files
I am wondering about the Pro's and Con's of creating an .mde file from a finished Access Project. Obviously one of the Pro's is that it cannot be altered/edited/broken by the users which is the main reason I want to consider this. I also assume the application will be more stable and possible even run faster in a multi user environment (4 or 5 users in this case). One of my concerns is with future upgrades to the DB. I know I can save a copy of the final .mdb, make changes there and recompile BUT what about data? Is it retrievable, importable...How does the data in the .mde g...

Outlook 2003 blocking "unsafe" attachments.
Hey, We're running outlook 2003 at a client site and its blocking internal emailing of Access database files (.mdb). In past versions of outlook you could just set the security to none and it was ok to send those attachments considered unsafe, but outlook 2003 seems to be built like this by design and has no opetion to turn it off other than using a Security Template with ORK along with the Exchange server. Does anyone have any other EASIER ways going around this other than those mentioned above?? Thanks. Rename the file extension to .txt and send it. Include instructions in t...

Converting .dbf files to .mdb
Can anyone tell me how in Office 03 small biz I can convert a dbf file to mdb? I believe I did it a few years ago but cannot rember how i did it back then. Hi In earlier versions you could link dbf-tabels directly - I'm not sure about versions over 2000 jet. Maybe you have to install ODBC drivers for FoxPro/VisualFox , p.e. from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates/odbc/default.aspx -- Arvi Laanemets (When sending e-mail, use address arvil<At>tarkon.ee) "Chuck" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:282301c4a45c$59773e70$a3...

concatenate files...
Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote: >Back in DOS days I could concatenate text files without using a third party >tool. Can I do this with XP, Vista, or W7? TIA, Paul Yes, the same way you did before: copy file1.txt + file2.txt fileboth.txt Type copy /? at a command prompt to find out all about the copy command. -- Tim Slattery Slattery_T@bls.gov http://members.cox.net/slatteryt Paul H wrote: ...