Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks

Using Outlook 2003
I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I
have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a
column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for
example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first
Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser
and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There
is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring,
not when.
Thanks in advance, Karen

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Using Outlook 2003
> I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I
> have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a
> column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for
> example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first
> Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser
> and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done?
> There
> is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring,
> not when.

I don't think there is a field that will show you the period of the
recurrence, only the existance of one.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/10/2010 7:44:47 PM
On tasks, no, because they don't create the next occurrence until you mark
the current one complete.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using Outlook 2003
> I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields
> have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a
> column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is
> (for
> example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the
> first
> Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field
> chooser
> and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done?
> There
> is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring,
> not when.
> Thanks in advance, Karen

0
Diane
3/10/2010 10:05:16 PM
Thank you for your help.
Karen

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Using Outlook 2003
> > I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I
> > have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a
> > column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for
> > example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first
> > Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser
> > and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done?
> > There
> > is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring,
> > not when.
>
> I don't think there is a field that will show you the period of the
> recurrence, only the existance of one.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

Thanks - Actually when I set up the task, I set up the recurrence right away,
so it's already set up for weekly, monthly, annually. Is it possible to set
up a custom field when I set up the task and make note of the recurrence and
then choose that field? I'm going to give it a try.
Karen

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> On tasks, no, because they don't create the next occurrence until you mark
> the current one complete.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Do you sync your mailbox with a smartphone or pda?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=39473
>
> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using Outlook 2003
> > I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields
> > have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a
> > column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is
> > (for
> > example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the
> > first
> > Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field
> > chooser
> > and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done?
> > There
> > is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring,
> > not when.
> > Thanks in advance, Karen
>
> .

field service managment with outlook
Dear, if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date in outlook from field service management module , I mean when my tech people go to finalize any call can the system send me an email inform me that my tech peoples are in this site and they are doing this job ? Peter, We are interested to discuss the solution. Please drop an email to learn more MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "Peter Atef" wrote: > Dear, > if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date > in outlook from field service management module , I mean when ...

Adding hyperlinks with parameters

ADDING A NUMBER

adding new records

When adding attachments...

How-to hide comment field on Invoices
For one of our customers, we needed a way of classifying items which are Urgent in need to make sure our warehouse ships them out as soon as they are received. The only way field that would work is the 'Comment ID' field which can be found in the 'Sales Item Detail Entry' window. I then modified the related smartlist report to use this field and life was good.. until we printed invoices. On the Invoice, for every 'Urgent' item, a blank line appears after it. With more than one 'urgent' item on the same Invoice, it makes for an odd/unprofessional looking Invoice...

How to delete all calender,tasks,notes,contacts from outlook?
Looks like even after I deleted my outlook program. There is still a database saved. How do I delete all data so I can start with a fresh blank outlook? you can either create a new one or delete the profile and pst - see control panel, mail applet. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Mes...

Add new field to grid
I have added the Customer Ship to Address to the RM Customer Inquiry grid. I need to create VBA code to populate this field. In a grid window, where do I open the data base and at what point do I read the table to populate this field. Thank you Amy Hi Amy Using the Window_AfterOpen event, you will need to use RetrieveGlobals to obtain the login credentials, then ADO to open a connection to the SQL server. You close the connection on the Window_AfterClose event. Then on the Before_LinePopulate event on the Grid form, you perform the actual SQL query. I have an example you can have ...

Criteria Parameter in query for two fields: help
I have a form that utilizes two contact lists in separate combo boxes to illustrate projects that multiple people have worked on. I am trying to make it so that a report will illustrate the associated data based on these contacts. The selection will be based on either one contact (from either list) or both. Whereby on selection, the report will generate the associated data based on these user names. How would I go about creating a parameter in the query so that it will limit the content to reflect either contact list or a combination of the two? I am a beginner to Acc...

Adding ActiveX to dialog with wrapper

PS 2007 outline tasks greyed out in timesheets
Hi I have come across a situation where users cannot add time to summary tasks in timesheets. This requires the following to be true to reproduce. 1. Resource is assigned to a summary task 2. The finish date of the summary task is in the past As the task is in the past the user has to use 'Add lines' to add the task to their timesheets. When the user adds a summary task to their timesheets they are unable record any time for this task, when the task is not a summary task (but still having finish date in the past) the user can add time to this task on their timeshe...

Adding alternate columns

bcc and attachment fields
Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? Thanks are you meaning that attachments will not show in the body? I am looking for that answer too. -- Dave M Radeon 9800Pro 256mb P4 2.8 oc to 3.1 "sendhost3000" <sendhost3000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYXGYYYxDHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to make the bcc and attachments fields always show up at the > top of a new email under the To: , CC:, and Subject fields??? > > Thanks > > -----= ...

Adding fields from a different query

Write XML with all columns/fields
Hi all, I am doing a windows mobile project that uses ASP.NET web services. Web service returns dataset-s that are pulled from database and later saved on local mobile storage (write XML). On client (WM 6.1) program loads dataset (read XML and read XML schema) when needed. User can insert/aappend new records. My problem occures when some data fileds are empty... default method WriteXML, on client side, does not create XML nodes for empty fields/columns. Than when you are trying to reference some field value that was empty, you get exception. Is there any property or method o...

pivot refresh clears pivot fields?
Observation: One file opened in Excel 2002 SP2 has no problem, when opened in Excell SP-3 the pivot fields (columns) are cleared when the pivot tabel is being refreshed either manually or by a macro. Does anyone have a tip to avoid this behaviour? ...

Adding Terms & Conditions to the Quote Form
We have a client that would like to add their Terms & Conditions (T&C) text to the bottom of their GP Quotes. I've read that static text boxes in Report Designer can only be 80 characters, so that won't work as the T&C text is approximately 4-5 pages long. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to add this significant amount of text to a GP form? Thank you in advance. Scott No can do Scott - Report Writer is just not capable of this. The best solution is to purchase Accountable Software's Forms Printer - www.accountable.com. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East...

Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug where the payees in my downloaded transactions are automatically added to my payee list (this despite the fact that I've checked off the option "Confirm new payees"). This alone would be worth the upgrade. On the subject of 2006, does anyone know if Microsoft added the cookie jar concept to accounts? The cookie jar allows you to squirrel money away within an account. TIA greg.block@gmail.com wrote: >Please tell me that in Money 2006, Microsoft has finally fixed the bug >where the payees in my downlo...

AD Monitoring
Is there a listing somewhere of what all components in AD should be minitored, thresholds, etc...we are evaluating a monitoring solution and need this information to take a decision on the product to use Hello Sameer, For performance start here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc961943.aspx Also see: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727046.aspx Use the included links from: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc739728(WS.10).aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and c...

Field on Form gives Error
I designed a form with record source a table containing among them the numeric (long integer) field ContactID. I added the field to the form using the field List (drag and drop). The field gives me the value #Name? when shown in the form. All other fields in the form are displayed correctly. I checked and double checked if the name of the field is not misspelled but as I used drag and drop from the field list, what can go wrong here? When I invoke the Query Builder and look at ContactID, it is shown normally and has normal values. The form is used as a sub form but does not have Linked C...