A full page of email text shrinks to one inch or less w/ new batte

I was answering emails and everyhting was fine.  The batteries in my wireless
mouse died.  I replaced them and went back to answering emails.  When I
clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email shrank
to about one inch.  Changing the font size did not correct the problem.  HELP

it's your zoom setting. Hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to increase.
Depending on the mouse, you could have accidently pressed a mouse button and
changed it when you changed the batteries.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"DebbieSue" <DebbieSue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was answering emails and everyhting was fine.  The batteries in my
> wireless
> mouse died.  I replaced them and went back to answering emails.  When I
> clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email
> shrank
> to about one inch.  Changing the font size did not correct the problem.
> HELP

0
Diane
1/5/2010 7:28:53 PM
That can also happen when you using the touch pad on some laptops. I've had
intermitent problems with my Dell Lattitude E5500 doing that. I'm pretty
certain that its tied to my specific user behavior and not a design fault.

> it's your zoom setting. Hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to increase.
> Depending on the mouse, you could have accidently pressed a mouse button
> and changed it when you changed the batteries.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "DebbieSue" <DebbieSue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I was answering emails and everyhting was fine.  The batteries in my
>> wireless
>> mouse died.  I replaced them and went back to answering emails.  When I
>> clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email
>> shrank
>> to about one inch.  Changing the font size did not correct the problem.
>> HELP

0
David
1/5/2010 7:46:54 PM

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> it's your zoom setting. Hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to increase.
> Depending on the mouse, you could have accidently pressed a mouse button and
> changed it when you changed the batteries.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "DebbieSue" <DebbieSue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I was answering emails and everyhting was fine.  The batteries in my
> > wireless
> > mouse died.  I replaced them and went back to answering emails.  When I
> > clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email
> > shrank
> > to about one inch.  Changing the font size did not correct the problem.
> > HELP
>
> .

It worked!  You are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> it's your zoom setting. Hold ctrl and roll the mouse wheel to increase.
> Depending on the mouse, you could have accidently pressed a mouse button and
> changed it when you changed the batteries.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "DebbieSue" <DebbieSue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I was answering emails and everyhting was fine.  The batteries in my
> > wireless
> > mouse died.  I replaced them and went back to answering emails.  When I
> > clicked the "forward" or "reply" button , a full page text in an email
> > shrank
> > to about one inch.  Changing the font size did not correct the problem.
> > HELP
>
> .

EMail on the web
Hello I am receving allot of spam via email address on our website. How can i prevent people from using the email address on our site to send spam mail to others and also sending spam mail to us. In this day and age - a good Spam Filter is in order. We use ORF at www.vamsoft.com "Otis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1f0501c4480e$23403910$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > Hello > > I am receving allot of spam via email address on our > website. How can i prevent people from using the email > address on our site to send spam mail to others a...

few confusing things about Full-Text Search queries
hi I=92ve started learning FULL-TEXT Search queries ( using Sql server 2008 ) and I did try to find the answers to my questions by running various queries and see how they behave, but then not even the simplest of queries returned the results I=92ve expected, so=85 1) From Msdn: =93<simple_term> - Specifies a match for an exact word or a phrase. Examples of valid simple terms are "blue berry", blueberry, and "Microsoft SQL Server". Phrases should be enclosed in double quotation marks (""). Words in a phrase must appear in the same order ...

Page Breaks in OneNote 2010
Is it possible to see where page breaks are when using the infinite page in 2010? If not, is it possible to choose Letter, but keep adding pages to the bottom of the existing page (allows me to see page breaks in an alternative fashion)? The lack of visible page breaks has been a major drawback (one of the few) in my usage of OneNote 2003 and 2007. I did see that if I use the Letter setting, I can continue typing beneath the "page bottom" into the dark gray area beneath, but it would be nice to have the view all white with a dotted line for the page break. Thanks for pointing to thi...

Address book defaults to X.500 email address
I have a client machine running Outlook 2003, fully patched, in an Exchange environment. We are using Exchange for mail box storage, public folders, calendaring, etc only - email is sent through an external mail server. We have just added the Exchange server and as part of the roll-out we imported users local .pst files into their Exchange mailbox. Their Contacts folder was enabled as an Outlook Address Book and set as the default address book. This particular client machine has a listing for a contact who also has a mailbox on the Exchange Server. In this client's Contact page,...

Multiple Email addresses #3
I have Exchange 2003 server on Windows Server 2003. I have multiple domains setup receiving email, and everything in that regard is working fine. Let's say I have a user, Bob. Bob is setup to receive mail from one of the domains at Bob@otherdomain.com. That part is fine. I can setup any number of email addresses for Bob, like BobSmith@otherdomain.com, BobTheMan@otherdomain.com, and BobRules@otherdomain.com, and all of those work properly as well. Bob's wife also has an address (hiswife@otherdomain.com), as does his daughter (please don't make me type that out.) So far, so go...

How do I get a second page of labels
I am creating a mailing label and have finished typing my 1st page of labels. How do I continue on with a 2nd page of labels? Just press the tab key. However, See “Convert Labels into Mail Merge Data File” on fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website at: http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm and the article “Mailmerge Labels with Word XP” on fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website at http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_labels_with_word_xp.htm or the article “Mail Merge with Word 2007” on fellow MVP Graham Mayor’s website at http://www.gmayor.com/merge_labels_with_word_...

hard drive too full after reinstalling XP
For numerous reasons, I did a full reinstall from XP Pro on up. There were two partitions, one that had a significant amount of data and one miniscule. I kept the partitions and wiped out the old info and loaded the new - at least that's what the windows were walking me through "Warning this will wipe out all previous versions...." To make a long story short, I have completely restored the laptop with minimal programs. All the Microsoft updates including SP3, have been loaded. When I went to check my disk usage in "my computer" the disk is half full! How is...

Showing number of pages, in a document ....
Hi ... a basic question, which, for reasons unknown, is beyond me ... for years, the number of pages in a document have been showing, on the bottom left of the Publisher screen. This is how I navigate from page to page. A glitch has occurred, and now the pages are not showing as before. Q: how do I return the "number of pages in document display" to the Publisher display? Am using Office 2007 and XP Pro. Both are up-to-date. Thanks in advance. You need the registry fix. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:/...

Outlook full
How do I lower the size of outlook.pst after I near the 2 gig limit? I permanently deleted files but did not affect the size of .pst very much. Can you split up the .pst into smaller batches? A .pst for each year perhaps? >-----Original Message----- >How do I lower the size of outlook.pst after I near the 2 >gig limit? I permanently deleted files but did not >affect the size of .pst very much. >. > >How do I lower the size of outlook.pst after I near the 2 gig limit? I >permanently deleted files but did not affect the size of .pst very >much. Hav...

How to display the text properly?
I am using Traditional Chinese XP with SP3, when I open an old batch file, which contains some text command, recently, my PC is broken down, and require to re-install it. After that, when I open the batch file using Notepad, all command becomes strange char. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change the setting to display the text command from batch file properly? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Eric wrote: > I am using Traditional Chinese XP with SP3, when I open an old batch > file, which contains some text command, recently, my PC is broken down, >...

Populate Text based on conditions
Hi - I am trying to determine a way to populate text based on input conditions. My example is with moon phases. I have all the moon phases based on date as follows in one sheet: A B Date Moon Phase 9/2 1st 9/3 1st 9/4 Full etc.. In another I have a table where the user inputs the date she worked and I want it to automatically fill in the second column with the Moon phase A B 9/4 NEED FORMULA 9/6 ..... I am so lost. Anyone know how to work this? -- en See this: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.ht...

Set colour of Calendar saved as web page
When you save a calendar as web page you get a kind of Teal/green/blue colour scheme and I can see no way of setting the colour (Other than editing the HTML). Is there any way to set this to a colour scheme of my choice? Thank you Terry only by editing the css. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote ...

Combining one publisher newsletter with another
How do you import or paste or merge one publication with another - two of my students made them separately and they need to be combined into one publication. copy & paste page by page...of course you'd group the page elements together so they stay related. "dk" <dk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1693D2B-4236-4624-9E23-D58D55C9B596@microsoft.com... | How do you import or paste or merge one publication with another - two of my | students made them separately and they need to be combined into one | publication. thanks for writing - i tried ...

"Contact list full" Error message, but contact list is not full.
Hi, I am trying to add a new contact and it keeps saying my contact list is full (I have around 100 people on there). I delete people and still get the same message, I have even delete people out of my network on windows live, but still the same. I have had this problem for a couple of days now. Anyone help? Greetings Charles, This is an on-going problem over the past few days, and unsure what exactly is going on. However, you are certainly not alone. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://...

email send
Earthlink has recently changed servers. Now I can receive but I can't send emails. Anyone else having this problem? Thanks jimbonh wrote: > Earthlink has recently changed servers. Now I can receive but I can't send > emails. Anyone else having this problem? > > Thanks "can't send" You thought that was detailed enough to explain the actual error message that you chose not to disclose here? Guess you'll have to update your account definition so it matches on the servers that Earthlink now provides. ...

publisher only prints page numbers on even pages
I am using Publisher 2000 and I want to consecutively page number the entire document. When I perform the page numbering procedure page numbers only show on the even pages. The numbers are consecutive, but don't show on the odd pages such as 3 or 5. Do you have a filled textbox on these pages? In Publisher 2000 text boxes are filled white by default, maybe the page number is hid. Are the page numbers within the printable limits of your printer? Is it a booklet setup? In the booklet setup you have to create a page number text box on both the left and the right. -- Mary Sauer MS...

Cannot email Public from internal users
Hi I am unable to email a mail enabled public folder from a user account on our network. I can send from an external email address and it works perfectly. The NDR reports: "The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator." I have checked permissions and 'Default' has the same rights as 'Anonymous'. Even my account as the folder owner cannot mail the Public folder. I have tried creating a new mail enabled folder but I have the same problems ...

links in email
Here is a good one for Brian Tillman.Running Windows XP and Office Professional.Sometimes when clicking on a link it opens to the web page, but 99% of the time "Internet Connection Wizzard" pops up and tells me to configure my connection.Connection is from home on RoadRunner with no problems(did have dialup) and the "connection wizzard" won't work anyway.I can paste into broswer but some links are just words with no url link.Help please. -- will will <general@bird.com> wrote: > Here is a good one for Brian Tillman.Running Windows XP and Office > Pro...

viewing page 2 of receipt
How am I able to view page two of a receipt (page one being the credit card slip) w/o printing each receipt? Harry, Ctrl-Left or Ctrl-Right. Alternatively, you can zoom out with a right-double-click until you can see all of the pages, then zoom in on the page you want with a left-double click. Good luck, Matt "Harry" <Harry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8B4B351-ABB9-453F-8EF6-4F78EA7D38A8@microsoft.com... > How am I able to view page two of a receipt (page one being the credit card > slip) w/o printing each receipt? Thank you! "Matt&qu...

Can't receive or send email
I get this mesage when I try to access my email: Account: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Server: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Can't figure out how to get it up and running again Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is=20 not enabled. If that setting was not enabled, which antivirus are you=20 running? Some of them cause proble...

Migarting from 2000 Exchange/AD to New 2003 Ad Domain/Exchange
Hello, I currently have a 2000 domain with Exchange 2000. It is in mixed mode, but there are not NT DCs, so it can be changed to Native. I need to migrate to a new 2003 Ad domain/Exchange server. I would prefer not to do an upgrade. I need to change the NetBIOS name and the AD name. There are some odd issues with the current domain that also make me want to start from scratch. I think I basically understand how the ADMT handles the domain migration. I'm completely clueless on how it handles the Exchange migration. I see references to it, but nothing with a lot of detail. How do the ...

How to move a sub window to full screen?
hi,all I have a problem in my c++ 6.0 app. I want to full screen a couple of windows. I just get the rect of desktop and call MoveWindow() to move my main app window to full screen. This is no problem. But when I did the same thing in a sub/child window, it is different. ::GetWindowRect(hDesktop, &rect);//rect.top = 0 , rect.bottom=768 ScreenToClient(&rect); //rect.top = -44, rect.bottom=724, left=-6, right=1018 //Here, I think it should be rect.top = -28, the title height. Why is it -44? MoveWindow(rect);// After that, we can not see the window title. So, how to convert this ? Tha...

Email Notification Open Message?
Hi all, I am running WinXP Pro & MS Outlook 2000 on home network workgroup configured as Corporate & Workgroup. I leave Outlook running all the time minimized in the taskbar. I was wondering if anyone knows a way (either within Outlook, Windows or using an Add On) to make Outlook open a new email message in a window when the message is received? I have seen other types of programs (for example there is a phone answering machine program) that opens a new window on each call and cascades them across the screen. I would like that to happen with Outlook if possible. Not possible natively...

Open Workbook At A Set Page
There is a web site called www.officearticles.com that explains some good tips on using excel. However, I am having difficulties getting one of the tips to work. To ensure that a workbook is opened at a specific page regardless of where the last user was within the book when he/she saved and closed it the following piece of VB code is suggested: While in Visual Basic Editor, double-click ThisWorkbook and enter the following code: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Range("Sheet1!A1").Activate End Sub Unfortunately I get a run time error each time I attempt to run it - is there some...

Combo Box
I have several forms set up that use a combo box to choose a leader. When the report runs from the form, it brings back the data for just that leader's team. Is there a way to have an "ALL" option so that all teams appear? Thanks! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com See http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0043.htm at "The Access Web" for how to add an entry for "All" to a combo box. Change the criteria of your query from WHERE MyField = Forms!MyForm!MyComboBox to WHERE MyField = Forms!MyForm!MyComboBox OR Forms!MyF...