0X8007000E Out of memory ...

When I try to use OuLook 2007 I get the following message: Send/Receive
Error: Out of memory or system resourcres. How can I resolve this error?

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:17:02 -0700, Jose F. Lugo Velez <Jose F. Lugo
Velez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I try to use OuLook 2007 I get the following message: Send/Receive
>Error: Out of memory or system resourcres. How can I resolve this error?

How much memory does your system have? How much free?

Generally you can see this by hitting Control-Alt-Delete and looking
under the Performance tab.
Evan
6/4/2010 11:02:15 PM
"Evan Platt" <evan@theobvious.espphotography.com> wrote in message

> Generally you can see this by hitting Control-Alt-Delete and looking
> under the Performance tab.

You must select "Task Manager" after pressing Alt+Ctrl+Delete before you'll
have a Processes tab.  A better keypress, in my opinion, is Ctrl+Shift+Esc,
which will bring Task Manager up directly.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
6/7/2010 12:47:11 PM
On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:47:11 -0400, "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]"
<tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote:

>You must select "Task Manager" after pressing Alt+Ctrl+Delete before you'll
>have a Processes tab.  A better keypress, in my opinion, is Ctrl+Shift+Esc,
>which will bring Task Manager up directly.

Umm.. Maybe we're talking about different OS/s? In XP at least, C-A-D
directly brings up the Task Manager. Don't know about Windows 7  or
Vista.
Evan
6/7/2010 2:57:39 PM

> Umm.. Maybe we're talking about different OS/s? In XP at least, C-A-D
> directly brings up the Task Manager. Don't know about Windows 7  or
> Vista.

Depends on some configuration settings.  On all of the Xp systems I use, when
one presses Alt+Ctrl+Delete, once sees a "Windows Security" box with two rows
of three buttons, the one in the middle of the lower row being the Task
Manager button.  The buttons are "Lock Computer", "Log Off", "Shut Down",
"Change Password", "Task Manager", and "Cancel".  Ctrl+Shift+Esc is
configuration-independent.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

not enough memory when sorting email
I continue to get an error message saying I don't have enough memory for my e-mail rules used for sorting my e- mail into their proper boxes. CAn you please increase it? Can it be solved? ...

memory release,
I found some samples code to display images, GlobalAlloc(...) CreateStreamOnHGlobal(...) OleLoadPicture(...) Even though the memory allocated by Globalalloc is not released in my codes, but still VC doesn't complain about memory leaking. Any comments on this? pat/ I think MFC will only detect things create with 'new'. "Patrick Zou" <patrick_zou@no_spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232W$IlkWEHA.3708@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I found some samples code to display images, > > GlobalAlloc(...) > CreateStreamOnHGlobal(...) > OleLoadPicture(....

Memory Usage
I'm currently running a Exchange 2003 Server on a Win2k3 EE system, however I'm looking for a way to get the memory usage of store.exe reduced (significantly). It seems this service allocates the entire mailbox of users into its memory, leaving me with little for the many other services the system runs. Is there any way to reduce the memory use of Exchange, perhaps with the Windows System Resource Manager, limiting the working set? - Joris This is the default configuration of Exchange and by design allows Exchange to run faster. The store.exe process with 'share' memory ...

Vb variables in memory
How are vb variables stored in memory? For example, if I have an array of bytes (0, 2, 4, 6), if I search a process memory region that was compiled in VB, will I find a contiguous 0x00 0x02 0x04 0x06? Or I need to search for an array of pointers instead? I found some pages in google that said VB variables are slightly different that in other languages, but I couldnt find any detailed explanation about it. I saw somewhere that VB variables are always pointers to variants actually. What is the structure of these variants? Thanks a lot. "gerotica" <pgerotica@gmail.com&g...

Not enough memory available
Having a problem with Exchange 2003 on SBS2003 with Distribution lists. Creating a distribution list within a public folder - up to 131 contacts all is fine then after adding 1 more get the error "there is not enough memory available on the exchange server computer to perform this operation" However I can open the list ok using outlook on the server - but not on any of the client pcs. I thought that you could have up to 5000 contacts in a distribution list? The server has 512MB Ram and a 2.4Ghz cpu - less than 5 users so should be fine really. Any ideas? Thanks Distributi...

lock memory to prevent swapping
Hi, How do I ensure that a certain size of they physical memory is locked for my application? i.e. I do not want my application's memory to be swapped out to the disk. Is there any win32 api to do this? thanks in advance. cent. you cant do that! - It defeats the whole reasoning behind virtual memory management. OK, image you did do that...: What if the taget PC has 128Mb of memory installed, 30Mb is tied up by windows, and your app requires 100Mb ? Windows will place everything onto the virtual memory stack, and allocate the memory to your app. Now windows will run really slugish beca...

XP: Boot off a memory card? Thumb drive?
Is this easily done? Just configure the bios to boot of that external device and should it work? Do I need special drivers for the boot device? You may INSTALL XP FROM an external device IF the motherboard supports booting from it. XP doesn't support RUNNING from an external drive if that's what you are asking. FrankEdwards wrote: > Is this easily done? Just configure the bios to boot of that external > device and should it work? Do I need special drivers for the boot device? On Apr 27, 1:52=A0pm, FrankEdwards <n...@frank.here> wrote: > Is this...

something stuck in memory and "Favorite folders"
Two problems that are somewhat strange and unexplainable to me. Neither is a major problem, but they are annoying. First, though it didn't happen earlier, for some reason whenever I now log off or restart my computer, the folders I had dragged to the "favorite folders" section at top of listing of all folders is lost and I have to drag folders in again. It never used to happen. a mild drag, but if anyone can help me, great. Secondly, somehow my name in parantheses [NEIL WOLLMAN], with brackets and in italics is stuck in memory some way. Thuogh I think it is more likely...

Memory test
I'm a big fan of the memory-test utility at memtest.org. But now I have a 64-bit computer. Is the ISO bootable image compatible with 64-bit PCs? The site doesn't say. It does mention the i5 core chip, which is what I have. And if I can't use memtest, does anyone know a good memory-test program? I really like the memtest approach of a bootable image, so that it's not dependent on the operating system. -- Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA http://OakRoadSystems.com Shikata ga nai... On Jun 2...

Excel.exe
hi all, i have an application error in excel 97 Excel.exe - Application Error the refrenced memory could not be written when you try to save as or close the application. i tried to reinstall the application and changed the memory but problem still existing note that i cleaned the pc recently from nimda virus,please send the replies to my email. thanks alot for trying to help. ...

Outlook Memory
I have upgraded to Outlook 2003. When moving between contacts and mail the system does not remember where I left off in contacts. For example, I highlight a contact and then check my mailbox folders for email. When I return to contacts the system does not remember where I was. Can this be a setting somewhere in Outlook? ...

Cannot email large PDF file
Trying to email a large (195MB) PDF file but get the error message that there is not enough memory. Any ideas please? Thanks Jeff "Efremis" <Efremis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3DBF2BF-A9A7-48F3-8EC9-B77B0CE5CF70@microsoft.com... > Trying to email a large (195MB) PDF file but get the error message that > there > is not enough memory. Any ideas please? > Thanks > Jeff Most ISP's operate with a maximum sending size, some allow as high as 20MB, mostly 5 or 10MB, but none that I am aware of allow anything remotely near ...

Weird (possible) memory leak
Hello everyone hopefully someone can offer me some advice with this problem I am having, it's a really odd one for sure, no idea what could be causing it. Alright essentially we have a memory leak, how do I know? Well the taskbar shows very small constantly incrementing memory usage for the process (that alone isn't enough however) if I let the program run for about 1 1/2 weeks it will finally simply stop responding (and taskmanager will report it as using around 200 megs (oh it start off around 650 K) :S Now this is not a regular memory leak, as I have checked (and re-checked)...

Memory consumption
Hi, My application should process about 1 million records, currently it processes about 60000-100000 records. application crashes due to lack of memory space. I want a tool which would pinpoint the areas of bottleneck so that i can fine-tune my application. The application is developed in VC++/COM on Windows XP. Regards, karthick <skarthick05@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1120819257.863023.108880@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > My application should process about 1 million records, currently it > processes about 60000-100000 records. application crashes due to lack > of ...

SmartHeap Library Out of Memory
My users of GP 7.5 Financial Modules are receiving this message: SmartHeap Library: Out of Memory. Please free up some memory, then choose retry. One user was running 2 large reports. Both users aborted and were kicked out of GP. They receive this message also when they try to log in to GP. If they choose Ignore, they get Dexterity Runtime: Data Dictionary memory allocation error. No one can log in to GP. -- Janis Additional Information: I am running SQL Server 2000 on Windows 2003 Server Standard. -- Janis "Janis" wrote: > My users of GP 7.5 Financial Modules are rec...

Excel Out of Memory error
I am trying to open about 65MB worth of Excel files at one time on a PC that has 512MB RAM and when I try to open the last 5-10MB file I always get the error Not Enough Memory error. You got to love the descriptive messages that Microsoft gives. Anyway, I looked at Microsoft's site and there is no apparent limit to the size of a file or files that can be open in Excel except for the ammount of RAM installed in the PC. With the maximum number of files that I can open I am only using 224MB of my 512MB installed. Can someone out there please help me out with this issue? see http://...

Using Memory dc for Drawing in OnDraw()
hi all.. i finished developing an application for drawing figures like rectangle,circle and line.. its uses just OnDraw() and pDC.. Now i need to change the program so that it uses memory dc for drawing the figures.. i need an urgent help for this... i tried doing it but i am not sure of what i am doing.. these are the codes i tried plz give me idea hoew to go for this.. void CFinalView::OnDraw(CDC* pDC) { CDC dcmem; //CDC dc; CBitmap membmp; dcmem.CreateCompatibleDC(pDC); membmp.CreateCompatibleBitmap(pDC,100,100)...

Best practice memory recycling for application pools
Running Exch2k3 Enterprise SP2 with OWA and recently upgraded OS from W2k SP4 to W2k3 R2 Enterprise SP1 . Single server about a thousand mailboxes but only about 200 have significant activity. Regarding default and exchange application pools, which memory recycling settings should I use? As a starting point should I enable all the options (by minutes, by requests, by memory consumed by virtual memory consumed) or one/some but not all? I realize there can be no generalizations about the specific numerical settings for any particular deployment, but what would be good starting points? ...

Socket and memory leak.
Hi all, I have a problem with socket programming on MS VC++ 6.0. I have two threads running. One thread is responsible for TCP/IP connection another thread is responsible for GUI. When I exit the window dialog, my TCP/IP is not terminated because the accept function call, accept(socket, NULL, NULL) has not returned. How can I terminate the accept function call before I terminate my window dialog? Thanks. -HS Phuah "Hon Seng Phuah" <hsphuah@usa.com> wrote in message news:3898598f.0311060350.23fbada8@posting.google.com... > Hi all, > > I have a problem with socket ...

desktop and memory
I have a user that is loading video files in a folder under their desktop (ie. desktop\video files). Does windows load everything in the desktop folder and subfolders into memory on bootup? Or is it just the "desktop" folder itself that needs to stay "lean". Thanks. Joel wrote: > I have a user that is loading video files in a folder under their desktop > (ie. desktop\video files). Does windows load everything in the desktop > folder and subfolders into memory on bootup? No. > Or is it just the "desktop" > folder itself ...

How to detect memory leaks in vc2003?
How to detect memory leaks in vc2003?Thank you. Try the solution provided in following link http://www.codeproject.com/tools/visualleakdetector.asp Visual Leak Detector - Enhanced Memory Leak Detection for Visual C++ By Dan Moulding A memory leak detector for Visual C++ packaged in an easy to use library! "Fisker" <fisker0303@126.com> wrote in message news:1148867844.996906.134140@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > How to detect memory leaks in vc2003?Thank you. > In message <1148867844.996906.134140@y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>, Fisker <fisker0303@126.c...

Memory Table vs. CTE
I had posted a week or so ago about a performance issue with Null-able variables being passed into stored procedures and the performance gains by setting those parameters to local variables declared in the stored procedure. I followed that advice and all was well. How ever, the stored procedure started to time out the again, running the stored proc on my local SQL server would take 3:45 to return 5 rows. Something was wrong. The stored procedure was using 4 CTE tables, one of those tables being referenced in 5 different locations through-out the stored proc. The only change I made t...

Memory leakage and exceptions to file
Hi all, I need to save all memory leakages and exception to a text/log file so that when ever error occurs I can send that log to the server or email it to the support team. Please let me know how do i catch the memory leakages. Thanks Anup Duh...That was simple enough Thanks <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1159182410.281714.262220@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I need to save all memory leakages and exception to a text/log file so > that when ever error occurs I can send that log to the server or email > it to the support team. > &g...

Why does the E2K3 IS take all available memory?
Hello, We're migrating from a third-party mailsystem to Exchange 2003. We have a custom-made migration tool which uses HTTP/WebDAV to import the messages from the old system into each user's Exchange mailbox. We're having a problem during the migration with the IS process eventually using up all available memory on the Exchange server and then becoming non-respoonsive; we have to restart the IS service to continue the migration. Does anyone know why it does this and how we can avoid it? The migration tool processes only one mailbox at a time. We're running the...