"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error"

When trying to access archived folers I get the error message "the messaging
interface has retunred an unknown error".  I'm using outlook 2007.  IT person
is looking into buying software to fix problem, not sure if there is an
alternate remedy.

Are you archiving from an Exchange mailbox?
What is the size of the pst-file you are archiving to?
Is this pst-file located on your local hard disk or somewhere else?
Also, have you checked your pst-file for errors already with scanpst.exe?
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Rando" <Rando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When trying to access archived folers I get the error message "the
> messaging
> interface has retunred an unknown error".  I'm using outlook 2007.  IT
> person
> is looking into buying software to fix problem, not sure if there is an
> alternate remedy.

0
Roady

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook"
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error
Today my outlook 2000 started showing "Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error" when I try to delete an e-mail. I could not find this on Microsoft support. Does anyone know what causes this. Thanks John ...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" #3
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

Office 2007. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook
I am getting the following error. Does anyone know how to correct this error? Thanks in advance. Hi Bill, >the "messaging interface" for Outlook is the called "MAPI". So your "MAPI" >could be corrupted or the "connector" to this interface (your Outlook >profile) could be damaged. - Try the "repair" function of Office 2007 If this wouldn�t work you can try "fixmapi.exe" (Start/Run: fixmapi.exe => OK) You would not get any response after you start the fixmapi tool. Try to start Outlook. If this wouldn�t work: ...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" #2
Hi, I am not able to perform actions like ReplyAll, Updating a task item.. on my outlook 2003, am getting the following error - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook. Prior to this installtion i had outlook 2007 beta installed on my machine but I uninstalled it, actually during the uninstall process i had accidentally clicked the cancel button, later on i did the uninstallation from Control Panel. Then i tried installing outlook 2003 though the installation got executed smoothly but am not able to perform the above mentioned actions. Als...

The messaging Interface has returned an unknown error #4
I have just experienced this problem. I am in a Exchange 2003 environment and a couple of users downloaded the Google Desktop. This installation was a direct result of this error. ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error
I just upgraded to Office XP and it give me this message any time I try to add a calendar item: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. I can also not send or receive email. I have downloaded the service packages, and installed them. Now, I can't even get Outlook to open completely. I see my folders, but it just stalls on opening and doesn't allow me to click on anything. Can anyone help? ...

"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" w/ Office Outlook 2003 Notes
Please help! I've tried for months and months to solve this problem, have looked all over the web, and had our companies tech support person look at this problem, and have not been able to solve it. I have a Windows Mobile 2003 pda, that I write hand notes on. They save fine to Office Outlook 2003 and I can see them fine on the screen. But when I go to print the handwritten notes, it comes up with the error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". This is the only time I receive the message, but for over a year I haven't been able to get notes to wo...

Outlook 2002
Outlook 2002 - The messaging interface has returned an unknown error - I get this every time I try to delete any message, from any folder. The MS site states it's when a PST is approaching 2GB, I have 1.9GB of mail after emptying my deleted items folder - can't delete anything else so can't reduce the size of the .PST, also can't send or receive any mail at all. Any suggestions? Thanks Sev "VFrustrated" <neil.severn@virgin.net> wrote in message news:010201c36c00$7efe9840$a501280a@phx.gbl > Outlook 2002 - The messaging interface has returned an > un...

q275186 "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
MIcrosoft claims to have a supported fix but I have to pay for support to get help. does anyone have the downloaded fix already? this is only happening on one out of 500 PCs and I resent having to pay for support for a known problem that they have acknowledged. Hi Does any body have a solution to this. I also got the same message when I tried to delete a contact form my contact list. >-----Original Message----- >MIcrosoft claims to have a supported fix but I have to pay >for support to get help. does anyone have the downloaded >fix already? this is only happening on o...

Outlook 2003 error "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error if the problem persists restart outlook" <1171052160.017239.244810@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com>
I have seen some posts in and around which points some issues with Add-Ins. Remove all non native Outlook Add-Ins, restart OL and see if it solves your problem. Goto Tools > Options > Other tab > Advanced Options > AddIn Manager and remove all non native AddIns. See if it can help you. Thanks! dgoyani http://dgoyani.blogspot.com/ EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
On my home PC, I’m using Windows Vista Home Premium as my O.S. and Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, and both are completed updated. When I load Outlook, the main PST file is loaded, of course, but, additionally, I have a storage PST file (i.e. Outlook Data File) where I store all my e-mails so that my Inbox and Sent folders don’t become too large, and also so that my main PST file does not become to large. The problem I’m having with Outlook is that when I “close” the storage PST file, I get the following error message “The messaging interface has returned an unknown error...

"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
When trying to access archived folers I get the error message "the messaging interface has retunred an unknown error". I'm using outlook 2007. IT person is looking into buying software to fix problem, not sure if there is an alternate remedy. Are you archiving from an Exchange mailbox? What is the size of the pst-file you are archiving to? Is this pst-file located on your local hard disk or somewhere else? Also, have you checked your pst-file for errors already with scanpst.exe? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauth...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error.
When I go to send an email with an attachment on it I get the message "The Messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persist, restart Outlook." Restarting outlook doesn't help this happens every time. Can someone help?? OL2000: Error Message: The Messaging Interface Has Returned an Unknown Error: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;299380 -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Ray" <rays@osfphila.org> wrote in message news:08bc01c39fe9$61562de0$a001280a@phx.gbl... When I go to send an email with an attachment on it ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error w/outlook200
I have been using outlook 2003 for more than a year with Bellsouth as my mail. Today I downloaded the new messenger and Outlook Connector so that I can syn hotmail into Outlook. When finished and restarted many times, I still get a error message in Outlook when ever I try to compose, reply, forward, etc. this is what is get "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error". I have tried to reinstall outlook twice and the repair option in the control panle under add/remove programs. How do I fix this without uninstalling all of MS office and reinstalling? ...

the messaging interface has returned an unknown error
When I do a reply to all or print it gives me this error "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error" Any suggestion? thanks ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error #3
Please help me. I am trying to delete email form my outlook inbox. When I click delete, I get following message: "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart Outlook." Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks RJ ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error #2
A user has an intermittent error when sending emails with attachments: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook' and it boots her out of Outlook before she has a chance to save the email or attachment elsewhere. All other users have exactly the same setup: MS Outlook 2000 SR-1 but no-one else has this issue. I found this error on the microsoft support site and it says that MS have a specific fix, but when I enter their legal product code it says it is wrong and doesn't allow me to go any further to download the fix? ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again.
Microsoft Article Q172350 sort of helps me with my Delema... I have a Windows XP SP2 with Office 2003 SP1. The client is able to Print her own Calendar but when she tries to Print a Shared Calendar she has Access to and can Read, She gets the Error: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, start Outlook again. " I tried to do a Office repair and this did not help. I do not really want to put Office SP2 on machine as of yet... Any idea... thanks in advance... Michael Re: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If th...

Hi, When i do a reply all or print it gives me this error: the messaging interface has returned an unknown error Any suggestions? thanks Have you tried using Detect and Repair from the Help menu? "Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51829E9E-F3E4-4027-84C1-0E44CB633C08@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When i do a reply all or print it gives me this error: > > the messaging interface has returned an unknown error > > Any suggestions? > > thanks ...

the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists,
Hi All, I get following error message when I click delete in my out look menu bar: "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart Outlook." Your response is appreciated. Best regards, RJ ...

"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
Hi, When printing another user's calendar, when printing the daily calendar, we get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, please restart Outlook". Does not happen if printing the other user's weekly or monthly calendar. This is in Outlook 2003 and has all the latest updates. Any suggestions? ...

Error " The messaging interface has returned an unknown error "
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02DF_01C6070C.ECB58980 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I got the below err msg whenever I try to print the calendar. " The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problems persists, restart Outlook." I have restarted my OL2003 prg but no joy.=20 Appreciate if anyone can enlighten me? Thanks=20 Jimmy ------=_NextPart_000_02DF_01C6070C.ECB58980 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding...

"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" #2
One of my users keeps seeing this popup on an intermittent basis when they try to open an attachment. I've tried what I can find on the web about this with no luck. So I'm looking for more suggestions... The environment is a Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services environment supporting about 20 users. Only one other user has reported this, but he is unable to reproduce it. Is there a way to get Outlook to log more information about why this is happening? -- Hal Berenson, President PredictableIT, LLC I should add Outlook 2003 SP1 with all Office Update patches applied. -...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.
I am using Outlook 2007. Our IT department just migrated us to a new Exchange server. Everything was working until they did this. Now, when I attempt to create a new meeting, and click on Scheduling to add people and find a an open time slot, I get this error. Everything else seems I have tried deleting the OST file, disabling Cached Exchange Mode, etc. based on other posts/solutions, but none of these have worked. If I attempt to look at a meeting that I previously created, I get "Item could not be found" in some cases, in other cases, I get the original error, and then it take...