yahoo contacts

I am trying to export my yahoo mail contacts to outlook. I have downloaed my
contacts from yahoo but where do i go for outlook to find it.

Where did you save the contacts you downloaded?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Inspector" <Inspector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to export my yahoo mail contacts to outlook. I have downloaed
> my
> contacts from yahoo but where do i go for outlook to find it.

0
Diane
3/12/2010 4:48:15 PM
On 12/03/2010 16:43, Inspector wrote:
> I am trying to export my yahoo mail contacts to outlook. I have downloaed my
> contacts from yahoo but where do i go for outlook to find it.

To wherever you downloaded the Yahoo contacts file. Where else?
0
Gordon

-Cannot add new contacts in windows Live Messenger 9.0
i am using WLM 9.0 n(14.0.8089.726), i installed a patch of Multi MSN, after this I cannot add new contacts in my Primary Live ID but can Add in Secondary Live Messenger. The error appeared is your contact list is full, please delete first. i have deleted it and also use registry fix that you advised earlier to TON. but still problem exist. ...

Groupwise contact import
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi everyone, I have a new member of staff who has e text file he exported from Groupwise which he would like to import into Entourage. The file is a text file, which he says was tab delimited, but I'm not sure it is. I have tried the import function in Entourage, as well as various data import options in Excel to covert the file, but I can't get the data to format correctly. Has anyone done this before? <br><br>Thanks. On 1/13/10 6:07 AM, Greg_M@officeformac.com wrot...

Sharing non-Default Contact Folders
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 and Exchange. I have the default Contacts folder which I use for my own contacts and do not want to share. I have set up several other Contacts folders. I want to share one of my additional folders with one list of people and another with another group. I have added valid names to each folder's Permissions and picked which level of permission I am granting for each user for each folder. When the nominated users tries to see the folder they select my name using the appropriate dialog, they can't 'see' any of my additional folders - they can see...

Outlook contact history not saved
I have recently installed office and when ever I go to a contact and send an e-mail it doesnt save to history even though i click save and close what can I do? -- another stipid question thanks for the help What does "save to history" mean? -- Russ Valentine "dannyd" <dannyd@anotherstupidquestion.com> wrote in message news:3DF161D6-EEEE-424A-B3DC-7ABDACE19BC3@microsoft.com... >I have recently installed office and when ever I go to a contact and send >an > e-mail it doesnt save to history even though i click save and close what > can &...

yahoo
I just switched from a cable isp to sbcglobal which uses a yahoo pop3 and smtp server. It won't let me send/receive. keeps giving me the log-in square, and tells me to check my user name and password. I've read sever Microsoft fixes, and tried all of them. Any suggestions. Microsoft says the problem has been fixed , but i am not having any luck. Harold O ...

Windows Live Contacts folder redirection
Hello, I need to change the default Windows Live Contacts folder location to another drive. How can I do it ? thanks. "ambrozy" <ambrozy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA30338E-2CAA-400D-B539-B1F41CF3E1D3@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I need to change the default Windows Live Contacts folder location to > another drive. > How can I do it ? I don't think you can. If there is no WLC folder in your %userprofile%, WLMail will create one next time you start the program. I'll let you know if I find a workaround. -- Noel ...

how do i add all my suggested contacts to my contacts list?
How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? Are you asking about a beta? http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/faqs/default.aspx -- Russ Valentine "Teagan" <Teagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7812B8CF-1713-48FD-AA3D-0F27BFCF8597@microsoft.com... > How do i add all of my suggested contacts to my plain old contact list? CTRL+A to select all of them then just drag and drop... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Aut...

Problems with GAL en contacts in Outlook
Just moved to an Exchange 2003 /Outlook 2003 environment. We experience problems with name resolving. Using e-mail contacts from the contacts in outlook its resolves the name with the contacts because its added as an addressbook and listed before the GAL. After sending the E-mail is doesn't show the display name of my contacts any more but the display name of the GAL. Can we change it in a way that if a contact is used from the outlook contacts and the E-mail address is also in the GAL that it uses the contacts display name in stead of the display name in the GAL? ...

Yahoo mail?
How can I make yahoo mail come up when I click on a link to mail, from Craig's list, for example. TIA, Paul; On 14 Dec 2009, "Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: > How can I make yahoo mail come up when I click on a link to mail, > from Craig's list, for example. TIA, Paul; I think you can only do that with email programs that live on your local system, not with webmail services like Yahoo or GMail. In the USA you can configure Gmail to use either Outlook or Outlook Express and thus get into ...

Maximum Contact
What is the maximum number of contacts that can be entered into Outlook? TIA Depends on the mailbox and/or PST file. * A single folder in a PST file created by Outlook 97/2002 can hold 65,000 items. * A single folder in a PST file created by Outlook 2003 (new pst format) can hold roughly 130 million or so the rumour goes * A single folder that is part of an Exchange mailbox/public folder is limited by hardware or software storage limits. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. Note: Outlook 97 - 2000 do not create a lar...

Contact Merging
My boss has giving me the unfortunate task of updating and merging the companies contacts. This is problematic in that there are 3 contact databases. all 3, he reckons are about 80% identical. What he wants is to merge that last twenty percent of difference across all 3 databases. what i planned on doing is first export each contact database from outlook into an access table. then take each contact table, using that as the control list, and any duplicates in the other 2 will be deleted, leaving behind two new tables of non-duplicates. (which should be run against each other as well ...

Adding Picture to Outlook Contact
Hello, Here is my question. We rolled out outlook 2003 and we exchange 2003 in our company. The management want to start adding pictures onto outlook conatct for some users. Where are the picture actually stored when they are added to outlook conatact? Are they in exchange DB or Active directory? If they are stored in exchange, Are they compressed in any way before being stored? How will this affect the size of the database? Thanks in advance On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:08:06 -0800, xmis1 <xmis1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Here is my question. We rolled out ...

Outlook Contacts phone numbers
I have Windows XP pro with Office 2007 and a verizon Ozone phone runing windows 6.1. I sync my Outlook to the phone locally through Activesync. ...

how to export all my windows mail to yahoo mail
pls advise how to I export my inbox, sent box, contacts from windows mail to yahoo mail ? You can't transfer messages unless you forward them individually. I presume you are talking about the webmail version of Yahoo Mail? Yahoo also offers POP access for a small fee: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/mailplus/overview Contacts can be transferred by exporting them from Windows Mail (File, Export, Windows Contacts, CSV) then importing that CSV file into = Yahoo Mail. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "des" wrote in message = news:7243275A...

how to configure outlook to work with yahoo
i am trying to set up my outlook to work with my yahoo mail account. I know nothing about how to do it. please help do you have a paid yahoo account? If not, you can't use outlook. see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm for possible solutions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join One...

Adding contacts to distribution lists automatically
I would like to add several hundred contacts to distribution lists based on categories. I only need to do this once (I have Send Personally from mapilab to handle future subscriptions) but the idea of changing existing contacts manually makes my head spin...any ideas on how to automate this? I'm using Outlook 2000. Thanks for your help! Lisa My question is why would you want to do this? DL's are buggy, featureless and inflexible. Since you've created Categories already, why not use those instead of DL's? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lisa" <lpb@xtra.co.nz&g...

sending email with yahoo plus
I get the following message when sending messages using windows 7 The connection to the server has failed. Subject '' Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 Port 25 is not correct. This is for Windows Mail, but the settings are the same. To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-P...

yahoo e-mail
how can i configure outlook with yahoo e-mail please help It's a paid service. You can get instructions through Yahoo's help section. Log into your Yahoo mail account on the web and then click the Help link, then click "POP Access and Forwarding". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:u3M$UdjJEHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, YIARA wrote: > how can i configure outlook with yahoo e-mail > > please help ...

Contacts with Pics
Does anyone know how I can get Windows 7 Contact address format to allow the pics (within the contacts already) to show? Also have problems with the ascending orders within contacts - I want it to illustrate by first name only. IT is doing this on some and others if the field full name is blank, it will bring up and sort by company name.... Going bananas! I imported all my contacts from Blackberry to laptop due to clean full installation to Windows 7 (office 2007 ) When you say 'windows 7 contact address' do you mean in Outlook or in a Windows utility? What view ...

Contacts #19
When I am sending an email and I clik on "Send To" a window pops up with the names in my address book. However they are alpha by first name. How do I change so that they will be displaned last name alpha? Post your Outlook version when you have questions. We can' t answer unless you do. The Outlook Address Book can only be sorted by the "First Name" field or the "File As" field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23d1901c45ef4$2ba39af0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I am sendin...

Can this be done with contacts?
Sorry for the cross-post, I wasn't sure which NG was better to answer. Suppose I have I have more than 1 email account setup in Outlook (2002), such as: me@somewhere.com me@somewhereelse.com and me@nowhere.com. And the default account is me@somewhere.com Now, suppose I have several contacts, one of which may be John Smith. Is there a way to specify that everytime I send an email to John Smith the default email to use the account me@nowhere.com? (Instead of me@somewhere.com) I know I can change the account used with the dropdown list of accounts, but is there a way to setup a contact t...

YAHOO
DEBIDO A QUE YAHOO MEJORO SUS SERVICIOS, MICROSOFT TIENE ...

Importing contact list from Excel
I'm trying to import a contact list from excel to "Contact" in Outlook. 1. I ranged all the cells in Excel that I want to import. 2. I went to Outlook, I followed the instructions in the import wizard. The resault was that all the field were imported with the exception of 3 of my fields. What I noticed is that 3 of my missing fields were no present in the Outlook list of fields in the Map Custom Fields window. I tryed to includ my 3 fields beside the User 1, 2, 3 field without success. Can some body tells me how to create new fields in the Map Custom Fields. I will reall...

populate contact info in global list
I have 500 email accounts that need the general information( home phone, address, etc.) updated for the global contacts list. Is there a script or a way to import this info. into exchange 5.5 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q155414 -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "J glenn" <jglenn@sheldon.k12.tx.us> wrote in message news:2382601c45eea$a9e56d80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have 500 email accounts that need the general > information( home phone, address, etc.) updated for the > global contacts list. ...

Re: Outlook Contacts
Check IMI Contacts Exporter - http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm IMI Contacts Exporter is an utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts Items from any Microsoft Office Outlook and/or Microsoft Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to Microsoft Office Access table or Microsoft Office Excel file. | | "William James" <WilliamJames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message | news:15A4C5E8-B727-453B-B7A1-3E84B3128A4C@microsoft.com... ||I am trying to use my outlook contacts to set up an access database | contacts...