Utility to convert signatures to contacts

I spend too much time creating new Outlook contacts from email signatures,
dragging info line by line into the Outlook form.  Is there a utility that
smartly starts to populate the contact form to speed up the process?  BTW I
am usin XP with Outlook 2003.

Thanks

Sure, there are several.  See
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp for Address Grabber and
others.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"rjsphd" <rjsphd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I spend too much time creating new Outlook contacts from email signatures,
> dragging info line by line into the Outlook form.  Is there a utility that
> smartly starts to populate the contact form to speed up the process?  BTW
> am usin XP with Outlook 2003.
>
> Thanks

0
Diane

Why doesn't my Outlook 2003 signature display as formatted?
In Outlook 2003, I have created a signature using several different colors and font sizes/attributes. When I reply to an an email, the my signature's textual content is intact but is displayed in all Black color and Arial 12 pt. What am I doing wrong? You are replying, the format is set by the sender. donwyman wrote: > In Outlook 2003, I have created a signature using several different colors > and font sizes/attributes. When I reply to an an email, the my signature's > textual content is intact but is displayed in all Black color and Arial 12 > pt. W...

Backup Utility
How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it disappears from the "File" tab. Thanks Reinstall might help http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?productID=50663FD1-DBAD-4705-B915-E4CF683E70FE&freetext=backup&DisplayLang=en David "Zanji" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:205501c3e101$90ea31b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do you recover the backup function in outlook if it > disappears from the "File" tab. > > Thanks I have tried Reinstall a couple times without success, also gone as far as ...

One to Many Relationship between a Company and its' Contacts/Emplo
This one's for a Microsoft Engineer / Product rep to answer. If anyone else has any input, please jump in... Q: Why wasn't MSCRM designed with a Company layer? This is to say, why isn't there a singular relationship between a Company and all of its employees (contacts). I have a collection of small businesses and we've used every contact manager from ACT to Goldmine over the years and I have come across this same problem with most early versions of all of these. At this stage of evolution of "true" CRM though, it seems to somewhat of an unforgivable design fla...

CRM 4.0 outlook contacts online
Hi How can we minimize the number of contacts synchronized to the local outlook contacs folder, we have a customer with 140000 contacts and they need their own contacts in their local outlook contacts to get them on their mobile phone. In the offline edition we can edit local datagroup but what can we do with the remaining users that use the desktop version ??? /Jack Jack, You should still be able to use the local data filter groups to determine what contacts you want to sync, regardless of what flavor of the CRM/Outlook client you're using (offline/online). Check the sync ta...

Convert Byte [] to byte
HI.. I have some probs. pls help me i dont know how to convert byte [] to hexdecimal value im having BYTE m[3]; it having some value, i read from the sector.. by using sprintf i changed into the string its give value 0x12f32c. then i printed one by one value its gives m[0] = 0xeb m[1] = 0x52 m[3] = 0x90 i dont know how there are converting the whole three bytes values into the single byte then i want to change the m[3] value into the 0x378d02.. how can do this one?? Pls help me.. ITs urgent.. Thnxs in advance <dhu.prasanna@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5440539b-d59d-497d-...

copy utility
Hi The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it cannot read one file during the copy process, explorer just give error message and skip all remaining files. Then I have no idea how may files have been copied unless to compare. It is painful when I copy huge amount of files. Is there any utility can solve this problem? "wu" <fqwu2003@126.com.discuss> wrote in message news:#cKaZQy4KHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi > > The copy/paste function in windows explorer is not good enough. If it > cannot read one file d...

Can I convert a Publisher 2003 file so that it can be read in Fro.
I have created a website in Publisher 2003 and want to send it to someone who will finish it in Front Page. Is there a way to do this? Not easily. Pub 2003 adds a lot of extra code to it. The FP user will *not* be a happy camper. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Suzanne" <Suzanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:655C04ED-2E7B-498A-8774-5A9C52238A40@microsoft.com... >I have created a website in Publisher 2003 and want to send it to someone >who > will finish it in Front Page. Is there a way to do this? >-----Original Message--...

converting fractions to decimal
As a data entry tool in an Excel form, I'd like to convert a numeric fraction ("3/4") contained in a "source cell" to its decimal equivalent ("0.75") contained in a corresponding "target cell". The target cell needs to dynamically react to any changes in the source cell (using formulas and text-to-column delivers the correct result, but it is not dynamic). Is this possible? How? It appears, after a little experimenting ,that entering the fraction as a fraction: 0 3/4 or number formatting the fraction as a fraction allows the dependent c...

Hide some contacts in GAL but show them in address list?
Hi, I have created an address list and with an appropriate filter to show the contacts I want, however I want to hide these same contacts in the GAL, is this possible? Any help appreciated, Regards John You would need to setup another GAL (custom ldap query) and restrict rights on the Default GAL for the people who you don't want to see these objects. Another option would be to put the contacts in a Public Folder and setup that folder to be in the Personal Address Book on the clients that need it. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

How do I import into contacts from another source
How do I import into contacts ? Is there a particular file type/format that is required ? Thank you Stacy http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;295664 same process for other programs as well. "Stacy" <stacyl@mosquitomagnet.com> wrote in message news:0d5601c34627$3a2f8ed0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I import into contacts ? Is there a particular file > type/format that is required ? > > Thank you > Stacy ...

Convert HTML attachments to text...
Hi all, Having a problem where a company is sending us emails, and they are coming in as HTML attachments. We just migrated from Unix SendMail to Exchange 2003, and it didn't used to do it when we ran that....it started with Exchange. The emails appear to be automated, but only contain one or two lines of text in them...not sure why they're coming in as HTML. Any ideas how to get Exchange to display these as text in the body of the message? I know there's a setting in Outlook to display all emails in text, but that doesn't really satisfy my client. I can post some s...

Convert Text string to Array Formula
I have numerical data in A1:A10 B1 has a string "A2:A6" I want to convert the string to an array formula so that =SUM( some forumla with B1 ) returns the same as =SUM( A2:A6 ) A solution with VBA is OK. Thanks- Steve AT Schlesinger DOT com ...

Adjust Cost Utility
Customer wants to be able to print a report in the Adjust Layer Cost Utility (Tools >> Utilities >> Inventory >> Adjust Costs). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/...

quattro converter for Excel 2003
Someone has sent me some Quattro Pro 7.0 files that I need to open up. When I had Excel 2000 before, it was as simple as downloading a converter and the files opened up in Excel. However, for Excel 2003, I cannot find a converter anywhere on the web site. Can someone point me to a converter or how I can convert into Excel 2003 from Quattro. I have already tried the "Office Conversion Pack" that the downloads site seems to direct me to. Thanks, Clark To install the QP filters for Excel 2000 in Excel 2003 you have to make a registry entry that leads the filter installer to ...

Creating contacts gives error
We have a user who is trying to create a contact and getting an error says "Error occurred. Please contact system administrator" when saving the record. When I look at the contact list, it creates the record. But the error message annoying the user when creating contacts. The user has Business Unit access for Contacts (Create, Read, Write Delete Append, ApptendTo, Assign & Share) Any suggestions. Thanks. ...

Outlook does not display all contact info...
I have MS Outlook 2002 on XP - and for some reason, not all of the information I have entered for a particular contact is automatically displayed - I have to actually open up the contact and get the info. Seems odd... and I have searched through the options, etc... but I haven't had any luck. Thanks in advance for the help. -Lee What view setting are you using on the contacts folder (View | Current View)? You may want to experiment with all the default views to see if any of them suit your needs, and if not, you can always create a custom view. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook **...

how do I convert an Excel workbook to .txt or .csv
I need to import a data base that has to be in .txt or.csv file>save as *.CSV or *.TXT Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ROSSPOSS" wrote: > I need to import a data base that has to be in .txt or.csv Those are found in the File > SaveAs dialog, the filetype dropdown on the bottom of it. HTH. best wishes Harald "ROSSPOSS" <ROSSPOSS@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:50E73FD5-5782-4956-9AD0-C054EDFF21E8@microsoft.com... > I need to import a data base that has to be in .txt or.csv "ROSSPOSS" <ROSSPOSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do I convert from keynote (Mac) to powerpoint?
I have .key presentation files created in Keynote for iMac (no idea which version) which I need to convert into PowerPoint format. is there a conversion facility within PowerPoint? On 3/30/10 11:55 PM, Romi208 wrote: > I have .key presentation files created in Keynote for iMac (no idea which > version) which I need to convert into PowerPoint format. > is there a conversion facility within PowerPoint? Do you have Keynote? Keynote has an option to export in a PowerPoint format (File > Export). I don't think PowerPoint even acknowledges that Keynote exists so it ca...

Convert Access 2000 to Access 97 06-22-04
I needed to convert an Access 2000 db to 97. The Converted database will run on Windows 98 but on Windows 2000 I get an error when I run some of the select queries (the select query is pulling from other queries, not tables). The error is "MSAccess.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program." This is a pretty generic error and I can't seem to find anything helpful. Has anyone run into a similar problem? My main Access program, supplied in runtime 97 & 2k, does not run in A97 on Win2k or WinXP for the reason you s...

How to convert a number in letters
In a big calcsheet I need to put many numbers in letters, in order to avoid to make it manual, I need to know if from a cel that contain a numbers I can make this number to be write in letters trhough a formula or funtion Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Albher" <Albher@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:86481ECC-860F-4047-8B2B-5B030A9F84C2@microsoft.com... > In a big calcsheet I need to put many numbers in letters, in order to avoid > to make it manual, I need to know if from a ...

Custom Contact Activities
Is there a way to add custom entries to the contact activities section? It looks like Outlook simply searches different 'folders' looking for references to the contact. Is there a way you could search another database or datasource somehow? I am storing activities that are related to a contact in another system and would love to be able to display them in Outlook. Thanks, Tom Only if the database table were exposed as an Outlook folder (see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/database.htm#tools), since Activities scans = only folders.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Co...

MIME generator utility
I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different contenttype etc.. Thanks, -Vinay Vinay <vinay_chopra@persistent.co.in> wrote: > I need different types of MIME messages. Is there any utility which > could generate various possible MIME messages, like MIME messages > with encoding 7bit or binary , MIME message with different > contenttype etc.. While Outlook has some control over this in the Tools>Options>Mail Format di...

Outlook XP: Some Contacts Don't Show
I have Outlook XP. I moved my information from one computer to another via PST file import-export. Everything took just fine except one level of my contacts don't come up with a new mail message when trying to use it clicking "To...." They are there under the contacts folder plain as day, but won't work when "new...message...To..." The level looks like this: Contacts Glenwood Contacts Jenifers Marriage Class Photography The ones in the "root" directory (contacts) work fine; the ones in the sub-directories shown don't work at all. I ...

How do I convert a .jpg to .ico
I would like to create an icon file using my logo. How can I convert a .gif or .jpg to a .ico? Download www.irfanview.com with the plug-ins. A free program that will convert your images to a .ico format. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dolceria" <Dolceria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EECD22FE-0779-406E-8547-1A1E0CD10802@microsoft.com... >I would like to create an icon file using my logo. How can I convert a .gif > or .jpg to a .ico? The freeware IrfanView can save as a...

Diagnostic Utilities
Hi, Can you recommend any free diagnostic utilitly please? That could be for motherboard, graphic card, hard disk, etc.. and plus any other utility you think could be helpful for troubleshooting and maintenance. Thanks. "mturus" <mturus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BBED43F-C76C-48D7-835C-1A3921930EAC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can you recommend any free diagnostic utilitly please? That could be for > motherboard, graphic card, hard disk, etc.. and plus any other utility you > think could be helpful for troubleshooting and...