Sync Gmail contacts to Outlook 2007?

I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There
is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for
the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts?

--
endoftheline
0

Do not multipost.
--
Russ Valentine
"endoftheline" <endoftheline.551688f@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There
> is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for
> the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts?
>

> --
> endoftheline

0
Russ
11/24/2009 12:02:57 PM
endoftheline;100855 Wrote:
> I am wondering how can I sync my gmail contacts to Outlook 2007. There
> is a gmail calender sync that has a 2way sync, but it seems only for
> the calender, is there also another program to sync the contacts?
> --
> endoftheline

I use Sync2 for this job and I'm very satisfied with it ;). very easy
to use. It's also possible to set synchronization frequency :)

--
esh
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
esh

Outlook pst break up?
Hello, Is there any sort of automated PST Break up scripts, etc that anyone knows of for outlook? I sometimes get multiple issues at the same time where its just the pst needs to be broken down. I would rather have a script to do these save break the sub folders up in alphabetical order into pst's. anyone see anything like this? I remeber awhile ago seeing this somewhere but not sure where.. This way I can work on more technical issues besides spending time at a desktop breaking a PST when I could set it automatically to break up and come back to a finished PST then just pop them onto ...

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

Outlook windows error message
Everytime I close Outlook I get a Windows error message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then in the body of meesage there is a check in a box to restart Outlook. How do I get rid of this error. Outlook seems to run. Thank you. Do you have any details on the error? "Corky D" <astroman707@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHveft4kFHA.2860@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Everytime I close Outlook I get a Windows error message "Microsoft Outlook > has encountered a problem and needs to close....

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Outlook 2007 Links
I cant open links embedded in email within Outlook 2007. I get a message stating I should contact the account administrator. (this is a personal computer and i am administrator) This is something new that i have not seen before. Thanks in advance for your help. This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] O...

DPM 2010 RC and SharePoint 2007 item level
Hello, We use DPM 2010 RC to protect a SharePoint 2007 server and some of the sites are not cataloged for item level with the following error message: "DPM failed to gather item level catalog for 1 database(s) of the SharePoint Farm Sharepoint Farm\database2009a\SharePoint_Config on [...]. Some of the recovery points for these databases in the farm would be associated with an earlier successful catalog. (ID 3133)" Can anyone tell me how to determine which are those recovery points or how to deal with this association problem? Thanks, Zsolt Can you ple...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Outlook 2007 and digital certificates
Hello, I've been using Outlook 2007 for a while with a digital certificate I have from Comodo. It is annoying how every signed e-mail I sent, Outlook has to ask me _twice_ about granting access to the certificate in order to send _any_ e-mail I want to sign. I have already trusted the certificate using the Trust Center in Outlook but it doesn't help. If the window for granting/denying access showed up only once I would not be bothered at all, but why twice? I didn't have this problem in Outlook Express nor in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to fix this? I'd be very thank...

Outlook search problem
I need to know how to search the contact list on the network contact list for certain people when emailing. I can't find the code that will help (VB). I need to search using the CompanyName, Department, and JobTitle. Every code that I have tried uses my local contact list. What network contact list? Do you mean the global address list (GAL) from Exchange server or some other type of address list? Please state your version of Outlook, whether you are using Exchange and what address list you want to access. The best place to post programming questions is in one of the programming grou...

Problem sending with Outlook 2007
Whenever I try to send or forward to multiple addressees, my email bounces back with this message: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Woman's mind.. Sent: 10/02/2010 20:07 The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:" The annoying thing is that is all the messag - it does not say where or which addressee the problem is. The problem appears to be only when sending to multiple people - please help as this is driving me bonkers! Malnev wrote: > Whenever I try to send or forward to multiple addressees...

Contacts #3
How do I get back to the contacts showing up in the email list in alpha by last name. I reformatted my hard drive and when I re-installed Office XP, the names came out alpha by first name, not last. I cannot find anything in Help to correct it. Try clicking on the "full name" field title. This should toggle between sorting by first name and by last name. Jennifer >-----Original Message----- >How do I get back to the contacts showing up in the email >list in alpha by last name. > >I reformatted my hard drive and when I re-installed >Office XP, the names c...

Pie charts not updating in Excel 2007
Our pie charts are not updating when we change the labels and data. We can go to "Select Data" and our data is selected but the pie chart does not update with the new labels and data. ...

Import to Contacts from Excel
Hello Everyone, I created a separate custom form for another folder in my Contacts. I tried to import some data from an Excel file, and it imports ok, but it defaults to the Old Contact form. Is there anyway to import the data to my user-defined custom form that I made??? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael Outlook doesn't support importing to a custom form. You'd have to write custom code or use a third-party application. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customimport.htm. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart fo...

Outlook 2007 Backup Command not showing up
After downloading and installing the Personal Folders Backup Tool, the Backup command is not showing up under the File menu. I'm using Outlook 2007 in a Win7 environment. It all worked fine on Outlook 2002 in a Win XP environment. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance. You can just close Outlook and copy the PST file instead. tipep wrote: > After downloading and installing the Personal Folders Backup Tool, the Backup > command is not showing up under the File menu. I'm using Outlook 2007 in a > Win7 environment. It all worked fine on Outlook 2002 in a Win...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

Subtotals in Excel 2007
A1 contains the column heading "NAME" A2 thru A700000 contain names (each name can occur 1 thru 25 times). B1 contains the column heading "AMOUNT" B2 thru B700000 contain amounts In the SUBTOTALS dialog box: In the "AT EACH CHANGE IN" box, I select NAME In the "USE FUNCTION" box, I select SUM In the "ADD SUBTOTAL TO" box, I click NAME and AMOUNT When I click OK, why does it take at least several HOURS to compute the subtotals for the 80,000 unique names? How can I speed up the process? Have you considered using a pivot ta...

outlook 2000 #116
Hi, Thanx in advance for the help. I'm using Outlook 2000 on windows 98. Just recently it has started opening e-mail really slowly. Also, sometimes the dropdown menus are slow to respond. It is making me nuts. Any ideas? All of my other programs seem to be operating ok. ...

sync
I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew calendar. Can some body guide me? Thanks AN AN wrote: > I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my > outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to > sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew > calendar. Can some body guide me? > > Thanks > > AN Hi - might want to post in a PocketPC / Activesync group f...

Automate sync deactivating
We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30 owners. We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion. Is there a way to do this? We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer a script or something to handle it. I tried playing around with the SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set to default with ...

Attachments in Outlook
Can anyone help with this one? When sending attachments through Outlook to Hotmail/ Yahoo/Btinternet etc accounts, my attachments can only be read if I am replying to an email. If I send a new message and attach a document, the recipient sees a .dat file and not a .doc file? What's going on? Is there something I can do my end to prevent this happening? Thanks You are sending using Rich Text Format. Only Outlook can read RTF. Change the Mail Format to Plain Text (preferred) or HTML "Rob" <rob_barlay@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0ab601c3a910$70b24cd0$a401280a@p...

Outlook Rules - filtering on aliases
Hi! We have recently upgraded our mailnetwork to Exchange (we used a outside webhost for POP3 before) and am in the process of upgrading al clients. We have however encountered a small issue. Some of us, like me, are recipients of more than 1 mail-address - in m case both bjorn.endre@ and webmaster@. We set it up so that th alternative mail-address is added to the mailbox account for me. Thi means that mail sent to both addresses end up in my mailbox. Perfect However - we now have problems setting up client-rules that filter th incoming mail depending on if the mail was sent to bjorn.endre@...

How to Get Full Headers From outlook 2003
Please help need info on how to do this Open the Message. View > Options... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tyger" <tyger007@houston.rr.com> wrote in message news:81bd01c3e8cf$d1bfd430$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Please help need info on how to do this "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" said in news:eQzoZCN6DHA.3860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Open the Message. > View > Options... > >> Please help need info on how to do this You can also right-click on the message in the list pane and selection Options. (It worked in OL2002 so I'm assuming it st...

Outlook crashes
Hi, I have recieved a mail that causes Outlook to immediately crash when I start it, so I can�t remove the mail the normal way. Is there any other way to remove the actual mail? Grateful for any advice. /borje B�rje Samuelsson wrote: > Hi, > I have recieved a mail that causes Outlook to immediately crash > when I start it, so I can�t remove the mail the normal way. > > Is there any other way to remove the actual mail? > > Grateful for any advice. > > /borje Sorry. This is a newsgroup dedicated to questions about Access, the database program in Office Pro...

Contact
I've noticed that when I had a phone number and leave out the area code, it still puts my local area code in the field. Is there a way to shut this off? Justin I think that's a setting in Dialing Rules in Modem Properties. "justin" wrote: > I've noticed that when I had a phone number and leave out the area code, it > still puts my local area code in the field. Is there a way to shut this off? > > Justin > > > Is this outside of Outlook or inside the properties of Outlook? Justin "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> ...