Sharing contacts in outlook 2007

I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click
open contacts they get the following error  "the folder you have selected is
not available"

i have tried removing and reapplying the permissions but still can not get
around this.
please help

Is the contact folder your main folder or a subfolder to your "main" contact
folder? Does it work with the calendar?
--
Best regards

Malin D
Office consultant/Trainer

"Toon@Hudson" wrote:

> I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click
> open contacts they get the following error  "the folder you have selected is
> not available"
>
> i have tried removing and reapplying the permissions but still can not get
> around this.
> please help
it is for the main contact folder, the problem also exists when trying to
share the calendar.

Thanks

"Malin D" wrote:

> Is the contact folder your main folder or a subfolder to your "main" contact
> folder? Does it work with the calendar?
> --
> Best regards
>
> Malin D
> Office consultant/Trainer
>

> "Toon@Hudson" wrote:
>
> > I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click
> > open contacts they get the following error  "the folder you have selected is
> > not available"
> >
> > i have tried removing and reapplying the permissions but still can not get
> > around this.
> > please help
Can you see that users calendar if permissions are set the opposite way?

I would try to create a new Outlook profile just to see if that may be it. I
assume that you are in the same domain?

--
Best regards

Malin D
Office consultant/Trainer

"ToonTech" wrote:

> it is for the main contact folder, the problem also exists when trying to
> share the calendar.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Malin D" wrote:
>
> > Is the contact folder your main folder or a subfolder to your "main" contact
> > folder? Does it work with the calendar?
> > --
> > Best regards
> >
> > Malin D
> > Office consultant/Trainer
> >

> > "Toon@Hudson" wrote:
> >
> > > I have shared my contacts and calendar with another user, but when they click
> > > open contacts they get the following error  "the folder you have selected is
> > > not available"
> > >
> > > i have tried removing and reapplying the permissions but still can not get
> > > around this.
> > > please help

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Importing Contacts linked with accounts
Hi, I do not succed in importing contacts linked with accounts. I use the bulk import wizard tool. (I have 1000 contact to import) 1/ I import first accounts (name + adresses) 2/ Then I import contacts. I try to link contacts with the account name. (parent Account field). I try to link the contact with accounts using the name of "Parent Account" name. But this fails. I cannot import anything How can I create a link between Accounts and contact with the Bulk import wizard ? Thank you for your help. Pascal One way of doing this is to try something like this: 1. Go to SQL ...

Outlook 2003 Signature #2
I have setup multiple email accounts in Outlook. I have also assigned a signature to a non-default email account. If I set it for reply it works fine. However, I cannot get the signature to add to a new email message. It works for the default account, but not when I change the account to something other than the default. I think this used to work, but not now. Anyone with any ideas please reply by email. Thanks YOu need to turn on WordMail as your email editor. Tools | Options | Mail Format -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for...

Why does Outlook not close when I exit?
Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme the icon remains in the Taskbar and the programme in Task Manager as a Process. Should it not close completely? I don't get enough mail to warrant it being 'on watch'. Thank you. Have you installed anything recently that interacts with Outlook that may cause it to stay running? "Joe Young" <Joe Young@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAAFBAD8-045B-42B7-B033-CF268E045615@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme &g...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Appointment activity
Hi, why is it that when you remove future appointment from Outlook calendar it also removes activity (like it should), however when you remove past appointments from Outlook it doesn´t remove activity from activity list. It doesn´t matter if both are not closed activities. Past appointments are not in sync with linked activity? I dont know the technical reason, but I can think of a good functional reason why this behaviour would exist. Appointments in the future have not yet been there. If they are cancelled, then they should be cancelled in CRM as well because the event w...

Outlook problem #43
Hi When i try to synchronize my emails i receive error message saying something about "File saving was damaged use ScanDisk to repair this file" After this comes account and server name. ?? any suggestions ?? Scandisk or scanpst? If scanpst.exe, then what happened when you ran it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Marcin Gajek asked this group: | Hi | When i tr...

outlook and internet
how do i go from outlook email to internet ? -- Steve Durkee LPCC by opening a web browser? What exactly is the problem or what exactly are you trying to do? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/showth...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

show pages on a pivot in 2007
How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in 2003, but can't figure out how to do it in 2007. Thanks! Hi, Click on the report filter cell of the pivot and then go to Pivot Table Tools > Options > Pivot Table > Options > Show Report Filter Pages -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "terri" <terri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19AAFD1B-7101-47E2-B03E-43C79EA0B015@microsoft.com... > How do I do a "show pages" on a pivot table in Excel 2007??? I did it in >...

Entourage compatibility w/Outlook and BlackBerry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I currently use a Windows PC and Office 2007 for business. I spend a lot of time in Outlook, with many different folders to store emails and an archive for old ones, and I organise my life using tasks, the calendar, contacts and memos, which I then synchronise with a BlackBerry. <br><br>I'm now thinking of moving across to a MacBook Pro which will have Office for Mac, including Entourage 2008, having the data from the PC transferred at the Apple Store under their One to One pro...

sey up in outlook 200
hello my name is jo jo and i am looking for some help on setting up outlook 2000. question 1 can outlook be used for home use w/o a network? question 2 i cannot seem to get outlook set up properly. i do not know what a pop3 is? i thouht i had it set up ,but i cannot get it to work. any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. i like the features in outlook bettr than what internet providers supply you with thank you for your time jo jo lost Contact your ISP for the correct account settings. They usually publish them in the FAQs on their website. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Save Message rules in Outlook Express
Hi Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in another pc. This can be done in MS-Outlook through the rule wizard. Lakshmi <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in > Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in > another pc. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

Multiple identical contact entries
Hello, Can anyone help me with this strange situation? On Outlook 2003, with ActivCard Gold 3.0, when a digitally signed message comes in and I open it I consistently receive a pop up message stating: You are reading a signed or encrypted email. To send an encrypted reply to the sender of this email, create a contact with the senders email address. Do you want to create a contact with this senders email address? Then I hit "ok" to save the entry in contact. When I receive another digitally signed message, from the same individual I receive the same pop up message. If I hit &quo...

Outlook Contacts Setup Help Needed
I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro on my computer and then reinstalled Outlook 2003 and updated everything. I saved my old outlook.pst file and put it back where it belongs. My contacts show up in contacts and my email is in the right place. I setup my account info and everything is working fine except when I send a new message and then click on "To" field I get the following error message "The address list could not be displayed. The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted or you do not have permissions. F...

Mailing Labels from Contacts
I understand how to create a mail merge document using Outlook 2002 and Word 2002 but... It would be very convienient to have a way of creating a single address label directly from an open contact similar to the "Actions | New letter to contact" choice. Is there any way of doing this? I don't see anything in the customize menu to add this option. ...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

Why Outlook does not Scroll Email List?
Using Outlook 2003. Just checking if by chance there is an option to set so that Outlook will scroll your email message list as you move the scroll bar up and down without releasing the mouse. Surprised that capability is not included? This happens once there are more then 99 items in the folder. This is to be able to jump faster (since no graphics are displayed as well). If you want to scroll the list you can use your scroll button on your mouse or the scroll buttons in the scroll bar -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips &...

With Due Respect, 2007 .....
With due respect, 2007 did include many improvements.. Faster editing/formating, extended conditional formating, better wizards, etc.. Be aware that some of the formating may not be compatible with 2003 versions... I actually lost much formating from 2007 during save. So if you share worksheets/books, make sure they are compatible before saving if someone will be using older versions... Just a note.. -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35980 View this thread: h...

[Outlook 2003] Reply to external email
Hi, I have outlook 2003 installed and we are using Microsoft Exchange and Pop3/smtp server account Those 2 server are configured on my outlook. When I receive e-mail from poeple in my office, I can reply to them with no problem. But when I receive e-mail from external user, when I do a reply, I receive this error : 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from xxx@hshs.com to jdjdjd@kfkf.com for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. I know that when I reply to external user, I just have to change the account (Microsoft exchange) to send the mail and its working fine. But I would like to know ...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...