Selecting from contacts list

I have all my contacts in the Contacts List and I want to delete all those
with a common extension i.e. all those who have email addresses @hotmail. I
am using Outlook 2007

Can you do a search or advanced search which will show the contact you want
to delete? You should be able to highlight & delete them from the results.

"GrahamC" <GrahamC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have all my contacts in the Contacts List and I want to delete all those
> with a common extension i.e. all those who have email addresses @hotmail.
> am using Outlook 2007

0
Vince
11/30/2009 2:09:38 PM
"GrahamC" <GrahamC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have all my contacts in the Contacts List and I want to delete all those
> with a common extension i.e. all those who have email addresses @hotmail. I
> am using Outlook 2007

What's a "contacts list"?  Outlook doesn't use that term.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

GDI is a "Top 50" Inc500 Listed Company...Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich?
Dear Friends, Are You Tired of Working Hard to Make Someone Else Rich? This Inc500 listed company is giving away money... This company is going to set me up for life and it can do the same for you. Read about how 1000's of real people worldwide who are building their own "Income for Life"=99 http://freedom.ws/helenmoonlight/show_dvd Watch the video until the end - make sure your speakers are on before you click http://www.website.ws/helenmoonlight I am confident that you will be impressed with what you see and hear. http://www.my.ws/helenmoonligh...

Query-based list w/1 Exception
I've created a query based distribtuion list which works fine yet out of the 1000 or so mailboxes it gives me I'd like to exclude 10. Is there a way? (Basically I have checked only "Users with Exchange mailbox") Make those 10 recipients members of a distribution group, and add the following to the query: (&(your current query)(!memberOf=distinguished Name of the distribution group)) Alternatively, if there's a common value of a particular attribute like location/city/department, et al, use that to exclude them. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com ...

Outlook With Business Contact Manager #4
I am trying to set up Outlook to use the BCM using an E- mail Exchange Account, I can not find the Accounts option mention in the following link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=829748 The Workstation is a W2k SP4, Any comments on how to configure the BCM on a Exchange E- mail account is appreciated. Thanks in advance If you're using the classic view of Control Panel, run the Mail applet. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.a...

Run report on multi selected records.

Searaching for Contacts with multiple categories
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Using the search function, it seems I am not able to search for a contact that belongs to more than one category. It seems to only recognize the contacts primary category. Can this be true? <br> It makes searching for contacts by multiple characteristics (categories, used like keywords), not possible. Please tell me there is another way. To clarify, I am trying to find an item whose category is both A and B. I can of course search for A or B, even though they have other categories assigned to them ...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

how do i make square bullets for a check off list.
Format - Bullets and numbering -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "howard" <howard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CA667D1-A518-44C5-A644-EAE6EADC37F8@microsoft.com... > ...

OL2003: No Categories on Recurring Events generated from Contacts (e.g., birthdays)
OL 2003 SP2 Windows XP Professional (Dell OEM factory installed) --- I categorize my Contacts using my own custom Categories, which are included in the Master Category List. Having migrated to OL 2003 (on a retail Office 2003 Professional CD) on my desktop for about a month, I just noticed Recurring Events in Calendar generated from Contacts info such as Birthdays, Anniversaries have been regenerated without any Categories being assigned. I deleted all of these Recurring Events (including the original ones with Categories) and resave the Contacts entry, but the new Event still has ...

Distribution list export
Is there a way to export a distribution list to a csv file? kcds49 <kcds49(no.spam)@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there a way to export a distribution list to a csv file? Google Groups is your friend. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.contacts/msg/10c5694ea74ed96f?hl=en& -- Brian Tillman ...

Validation List (please help)
I need some step by step help. I have a workbook with three sheets. What I need is to type a customer name and ID# in cell G3 on Sheet1. I would like for this info to go to Sheet 3 cell A1. At cell G3 on sheet 1 I need a dropdown that will allow me to see all of the previous entries so I can select them when the same customer returns. (I would prefer to do this using a combobox from the forms list if I could so that I could make it fit without having to adjust the actual size of the entire column.) I also need for this list to be sorted alphabetically after each new entry is made. I foun...

Please help with contacts and address book
I am using Outlook 2000 and have two sets of folders: 1. Outlook Today - [Mailbox - My Name] 2. Personal Folders The first folder is my link to Exchange Server. When I click on New Mail Message and click on Address Book, the list of addresses I see is from Contacts located under Personal Folders. I have two questions: 1. How do I get the Address Book to list my Outlook Today (Exchange Server) contacts? 2. How do I back up or synchronize my Outlook Today contacts so both contact lists (Outlook Today and Personal Folders) are the same? Thanks, Peter ...

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

Select contact then hangs

Additional Contacts
Can you have multiple contacts for a customer? You can have multiple address IDs for a customer and each address ID gives you one contact. That would be one option. I would bet that there are others, as well, such as using user-defined fields. I hope this helps. "tmmm" wrote: > Can you have multiple contacts for a customer? > ...

Other User's Contacts in Address Book
I and other users on my SBS2003 Exchange network have enabled "Show this folder as and Address Book". The problem is, I can't see their contacts in my address book and they can't see my contacts. How can I see contacts from another user so I can send e-mail to that contact? Create a public folder to hold Contact Items and give the appropriate permissions to the users on that folder. They can drag and drop contact to that folder and set it to show as an Outlook Address Book. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked ...

Auto-fill Price List and Unit of Measure? 07-02-04
Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with the Customer's default price list? Same question for default Unit of Measure when a product is selected? michael@engcc.com If you create the Quote/Order within the Account/Contact that has a Price List associated, then it will default it. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com San Francisco, CA >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to automatically fill the Price List >field when a customer is selected for Quote or Order with >th...

Selecting rows from various sheets

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

select text in Calendar

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

Creating an lookup price-list
I am trying to build a lookup list in excel but unable to decide how to proceede ? Let me try to illustrate the problem here: I have a price-list workbook which has data like below: Header Row -> Name Brand Packing Price Data Row 1 -> Horlicks Nestle 500 g $10.00 Data Row 2 -> Britannia Nestle 500 g $3.99 Data Row 3 -> Taj Mahal ITC 250 g $7.78 Data Row 4 -> Seaking Grasim 100 ml $4.23 I want to create another worksheet where users can select Names from a dropdown and automaticall the brand, packaging and price column would be filled. Basically the i...

Apply Rule -- Workflow Process list has missing items
Hi, I was working at applying rules manually. I used to have 3 rules to choose from. Then I had 2, then 1, and now 2 again. The 3 rules exist and have been activated the entire time. The only thing I may have done is refresh (F5) the form while the rule was running. Now it is does not have the entire list of 3 rules to choose from on this item (Order). On all other orders, the list contains 3, but only 2 for this one. Anyone have ANY insight on this behaviour?? I have seen this behaviour once before. I ended up recreating the item (it was a Case, but this time it is an Order). ...

Exchange 5.5 Distribution Lists
I am running in Exchange 5.5/2000 mixed mode and I have noticed that if I change ownership of a distribution list using Exchange Admin, the permissions of that object are not automatically updated (I have to manually give the "owner" the permission needed to add members to the list). Is this some old Exchange 5.5 thing??? ...