Selected fields to update

I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and am
told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want updated
and which not.  Is that possible built-in or add-in?
--
Boris

You may find this of interest - ContactGenie DataPorter 2.0 - specifically
handles updating of pre-existing contacts allowing you to define which
fields you want to import/update from your input data file (custom
forms/fields supported).
Features: http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20features.htm
Download" http://www.contactgenie.com/cg20dlorder.htm

Karl

Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and
>am
> told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want
> updated
> and which not.  Is that possible built-in or add-in?
> --
> Boris

0
Karl
11/19/2009 4:00:40 PM
See http://www.slipstick.com/Contacts/dupes.asp for a list of available
tools.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to have the ability, in OL'07, when I try to copy in a contact and
> am
> told there is a duplicate, to be able to select which fields I want
> updated
> and which not.  Is that possible built-in or add-in?
> --
> Boris

0
Diane

Run report on multi selected records.

Pricing updates for a Manufactured BOM?
Hello: A new GP 10.0 Manufacturing client of ours says that it would be nice if there were a utility in GP that updates the pricing of a bill of materials based on price changes of a component in that bill of material. Is there such a thing in GP Manufacturing? I know that GP Inventory has the Price List Wizard but that does not work for the client because (a) the Price List Wizard does not update a bill of material based on component price change and (b) the client would like to change the price based on the profit margin desired. Aside from that question, is there even a utility av...

Can't select objects in Excel 2007

filling a control in a continuous form with a field from a table
I had posted this under "Access Reports" in error and received a response and responded. Please follow the dialog for an explaination of my question: Original Question: I have a form with the fields: date, client, atty, time, billable and description. All these fields update the Time Sheet Table. I want the atty field to automatically take the attorney's name from the table Attorney which contains one field called Atty. So for I can only figure out how to use a combo box to chose the Attorney table field. Response Received: Your combo box to select the at...

Select contact then hangs

Open & update another file (through macro) while running macro
I am using MS Excel 2003 and I need help to solve my problem. One excel file (suppose A.xls) in which I’ll update my graph and the data is available in another file (suppose B.xls). What I am doing (through macro) is that I have created one button (in A.xls) and when I pressed it; its open the file B.xls (the data file) and at their I select month from drop down from which its update the pivot table based on the selection month and then same I was doing with another data excel file (suppose C.xls). Query : Is there any solution that when I pressed button from file A.xls its ...

Selecting rows from various sheets

Field list not showing up
Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic table verbiage, but no field list. Any thoughts? Actually when I go to fullpage view I can get the field list, but in normal view cannot get the field list to appear. driving me nuts. "JeffVA" wrote: > Excel 2007...no matter what I do the field list does not show up. when I > select hide the pivot table frame goes blank, when I unhide I get the basic > table verbiage, but no field list. > > Any thoughts? ...

select text in Calendar

Google Search Add-in update
Hi all If you use this add-in then update it to version 6.01 Reason : The product specific Knowledge Base search is not working in version 6.0 anymore because Microsoft changed there Knowledge Base search. I update the Excel add-in to version 6.01 to fix this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl Thanks Ron. Will go get and implement. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ron de Bruin" <rondebruin@kabelfoon.nl> wrote in message news:unUTwWnzEHA.3376@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > If you use t...

Link select with a blast

Defaulting fields
I have a complex circle of information. Here is what I need: Create new record table1 from form "initial" Create new record table2 from form "progress" with fields 1,2,3 defaulted from last "initial" record Create new record table3 from form "plan" with same fields defaulted from last record from "progress" Create new record "progress" defaulted fields from "plan" Create new record "progress" defaulted fields from latest fields from either "progress" or "plan" Basically I need fiel...

Select Case in a Change Event

Credit card balance update?
Hope you can help! I am a new user of MS Money 2006. I have several bank accounts entered, and all seem to work nicely except credit cards. Should credit card accounts update like bank accounts do? All my bank account information is update whenever I choose to do a “internet update” But credit cards do not. It seems I have to go to the credit card companies web sit and download the statement manually. Is this correct? Shouldn’t the most current transaction that I see online, on my statement appear in Money after an automatic update, without having to manually download? I h...

Select Records based another table...

Screen updating and formulas
With Excel and VBA, as soon as you add a formula to a cell this updates the screen. Does anyone know a way around this? E.g.. with Application .Screenupdating = False .range("a1").Formula ="=sum(a2:a4)" .range("b1").Formula ="=sum(b2:b4)" In the example above the screen updates after adding in the formula to cell "A1" Any ideas from anyone would be appreciated. "John" <jj@hotmail.com> wrote... >With Excel and VBA, as soon as you add a formula to a cell this updates the >screen. Does anyone know a way ar...

Multi-Select List Box Does Not Retain Selected Items
I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select items in the list box they do not remain select when I select another control on the form. Any suggestions? Did you bind the list box to a keywords field? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "kaykay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:276dd01c4638d$bd5af590$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I created an Outlook Form in 2003. But when I select > items i...

VBA
I am very new to VBA and access and have a question regarding a SELECT statement. I am going to run a select (recordset - so I can loop through and process each record) but on my SELECT I want to make sure I return at least 20 rows, otherwise I am going to change my WHERE clause to include more rows. Is there an easy way to do this or do I need to just do an inital SELECT COUNT(*) and then decide which WHERE clause to use?? Do you have an example I can look at? Thank you in advance! AJ On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:14:00 -0800, AJ <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I would not first ...

Outlook 2007 inbox stuck on "waiting to update"/embedded account i
I had one user who noticed at the bottom it said.. folder last updated at 12:00 pm.. (when of course it was later in the day).. they had no new emails.. it did say connected to Exchange.. All end users have Cached Exchange Mode on.. This is very odd.. i did find two workarounds.. First i did try removing the ost.. removing the profile.. I then re-added the account/profile.. All was fine until I added the second and third embedded exchange mailboxes. In this case it turned out the second embedded account was causing it to get stuck on "waiting to update" this folder, ...

Control if a form updates table
I would like to know how best to accomplish this data entry form requirement. I have a form with a number of fields which is linked to a table. When the operator opens the form i would like all the fields to be blank and the user can tab through the fields as necessary. I have two command buttons. One allows to exit the form (all set with that one) with no saving of the form data, while the second button opens a message box which asks the operator if they wish to submit the information on the form (within the fields) Y/N and the message box has all the data from the fields li...

Drop down list quicker selection
We are using Excel 2003 We created a drop down list using the Data\Validation process, which works fine. When the arrow within a cell is clicked on to show the drop down list, how can you quickly select one of the many names in the list just by typing the first character of a name within the list. At the moment, we have to scroll up and down the list to select a particular name, which in itself isn't a problem, but slows down the process of finding the right name. Can the names within the list be alphabetically grouped when inputting the first character from the keyboard, and spee...

Expiration Date Automatic Update
I have been tasked with building a database that keeps track of all the different permits and licenses for our organization along with when they will expire (dates and renewal frequencies vary), and am not sure if what I want to it to accomplish can be achieved. I have the main license table that will include all the licenses by site, with one record for each different license (fields include site, license type, license number, expiration date, renewal frequency in days, vendor name), and then another table that will be updated with the payment information for each license (field...