I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes. For
example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.

Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the search for
"1234".

Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?

TIA

PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.

outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes. For
> example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.
>
> Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the search
> for
> "1234".
>
> Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?
>
> TIA
>
> PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.

0
Diane
11/17/2009 10:18:26 PM
Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
> xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes. For
> > example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.
> >
> > Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the search
> > for
> > "1234".
> >
> > Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.
>
> .

Here are more search tools:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp

I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4 digits
with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.

--

> Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
> Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
>> xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes.
>> > For
>> > example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.
>> >
>> > Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the
>> > search
>> > for
>> > "1234".
>> >
>> > Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.
>>
>> .

0
Diane
11/18/2009 5:06:30 PM
Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use the
same logic for Outlook 2007.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Here are more search tools:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp
>
> I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4 digits
> with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
> > Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
> >> xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
> >>

> >> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .

That's Win Mobile? It's a totally different beast and they really can't be
compared. The  WDS is optimized to search thousands of items (200 GB worth
on the computer I'm using right now) and not hog too much resources as it
keeps the index up-to-date. Its much faster and less resource intensive to
do it by whole words, instead of letter. WM just needs to index a few MB, so
it doesn't matter.

--

> Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
> FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use the
> same logic for Outlook 2007.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Here are more search tools:
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp
>>
>> I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4
>> digits
>> with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
>> > Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA

0
Diane
11/19/2009 9:57:04 PM
Hi, you could try out Lookeen (http://www.lookeen.net) I only made good
experience with it. Sometimes I did find what the integrated OUtlook serach
or Windows serach could find, e.g. just some numbers or short search queries.
Maybe it can help you to find...

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> That's Win Mobile? It's a totally different beast and they really can't be
> compared. The  WDS is optimized to search thousands of items (200 GB worth
> on the computer I'm using right now) and not hog too much resources as it
> keeps the index up-to-date. Its much faster and less resource intensive to
> do it by whole words, instead of letter. WM just needs to index a few MB, so
> it doesn't matter.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
> > FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use the
> > same logic for Outlook 2007.
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Here are more search tools:
> >> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp
> >>
> >> I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4
> >> digits
> >> with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
> >>

> >> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

if lookeen searches partial words (ie, search for cent finds century and
recent) it should work.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"PeterZ09" <PeterZ09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, you could try out Lookeen (http://www.lookeen.net) I only made good
> experience with it. Sometimes I did find what the integrated OUtlook
> serach
> or Windows serach could find, e.g. just some numbers or short search
> queries.
> Maybe it can help you to find...
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That's Win Mobile? It's a totally different beast and they really can't
>> be
>> compared. The  WDS is optimized to search thousands of items (200 GB
>> worth
>> on the computer I'm using right now) and not hog too much resources as it
>> keeps the index up-to-date. Its much faster and less resource intensive
>> do it by whole words, instead of letter. WM just needs to index a few MB,
>> so
>> it doesn't matter.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
>> > FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use
>> > the
>> > same logic for Outlook 2007.

>> .

0
Diane

Serial number notes
We would like to have Serial Number level notes to track particular issues with that item/serial number such as warranty support issues, part replacement and warranty registration. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolut...

how do I display last two digits of a SSN in a separate column
I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this possible? Try =RIGHT(A1,2) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "katbone1" wrote: > I am trying to create a formula to take an existing list of 8 or 9 digit > numbers and display the last two numbers in a separate column. Is this > possible? Hi Use a formula =3Dright(A1, 2...

new to Excel #4
I am new to excel. i know general use of excel. but now i have to learn about creating pivotal table for marketing research. thank you -- ctaal ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ctaal's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24134 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377523 ctaal wrote: > I am new to excel. i know general use of excel. but now i have to learn > about creating pivotal table for marketing research. > > thank you > > Google is your friend. Searc...

outlook profile #4
outlook 2003 I know that I have asked this before but I have two mail accounts (one business and one personal) set to both send and receive at the same time from their respective isp/servers. When I press send and receive I get mail from the respective accounts. The problem that I have is evreytime I do this I am asked for my password to both accounts and I do this and check the save password box but still receive the pop up box asking me for my password. I have checked both of my accounts from their pop3 web accounts and there is no problem. I have done a repair on outlook and there i...

Why is it so slow to use outlook to view hotmail account?
I am trying Office outlook for my hotmail email account. As I use OE before and it is very fast when I switch between folders. I setted up a hotmail account in office outlook, and It became so slow to show the folder contents when I click the folder, all of email headers in folder "inbox" and "sent items" have been downloaded, and some emails have been read. Please advise me how to make outlook fast working with hotmail or msn email account. ...

Searching for Newsgroups

Workflow assignment of related records to account owner
Is there a way to have related records (quotes, opportunities and orders are what I am really concerned with) automatically assigned to the account owner if someone other than the account owner creates them? I would think this would be no big deal, but I have not been able to figure it out and think I am overlooking something. Our structure pairs an inside sales person with some number of outside sales people (anywhere from 1-4). The outside sales people own all of the customer accouts. If an inside sales person creates an opportunity, for example, for a particular account, I would ...

Search & replace in formulae

opening attachments #4
i use outlook express 6.0. whenever i receive an email with an attachment, it automatically sends it to windows media player to open(which says can't open, format not supported). no matter what format it is. I have cleared all supported formats in the media player and still get the same results. any help would be appreciated! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows...

Account payables Subledger
A/P subledger is not Balancing to the GL. How would I go about running a report or Querry to see how they became out of balance? -- Adam H You can start with a historical distribution report in Payables History reports. Run it for the month and compare it to a cross-reference report in GL for the same period, selecting only the purchasing series. You can also run an Historical Aging Trial Balance in Payables for the previous month's end and compare it to the GL's previous month's end balance to make sure those amounts are still in balance. "Adam H" wrote: >...

Freezing Panes #4
Can you freeze more than one pane on 1 worksheet (I.e. freeze a column and a role similtaneously)? Yes. If you select cell B2 and Freeze panes, it will freeze Column A and Row 1. If you select cell C3 and Freeze panes, it will freeze Column A and B and Row 1 and 2. And so on. Regards Trevor "Gary S." <GaryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:791C0308-0701-49C7-9776-0C0669F57912@microsoft.com... > Can you freeze more than one pane on 1 worksheet (I.e. freeze a column and > a > role similtaneously)? ...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

Account is not local
I am getting this error message from several e-mail on our network. Whatever help is greatly appreciatted. Please let me know how, what, why, etc 530 Account is not local, relaying disallowed IworkIworkIwork <IworkIworkIwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am getting this error message from several e-mail on our network. >Whatever help is greatly appreciatted. Please let me know how, what, why, >etc > >530 Account is not local, relaying disallowed Which server is sending that error in response to your server sending the "RCPT TO" command? This is ...

Search engine optimization

Outlook 2000 w/XP
We just got new email service. I have successfully configured every computer in the office with exception to one XP machine; I cannot find option to change email properties. Two other XP machines I navigate "tools-Email accounts". On this particular machine (with outlook 2000 ver 9.0.0.2711) I cannot find similar options....please help. Sincerely, Joe Mangano You may have a Tools > Services command, if so select this and then add a new service of type Internet Email. "JoeMan" <jmangano@naturestonefloors.com> wrote in message news:010f01c3d921$f3baf550$a10...

Busness Portal 4.0 Release
Does anyone know when this is going to be released? John, Most likely this will come with GP 10.0, but I don't believe this has been officially announced yet. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP "John Stimpson" <John.Stimpson@authentec.com> wrote in message news:eTB6pRgGHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know when this is going to be released? > ...

Editing Advanced Find for Accounts
at the moment I cannot seach on Account Business Type within Advanced Find even though this is a field within Accounts. How can I edit the Advanced Find to add this as a search option? Thanks This a bug within the system. KB article 912061 is a solution for this problem. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.traviata.be The Duke wrote: > at the moment I cannot seach on Account Business Type within Advanced Find > even though this is a field within Accounts. How can I edit the Advanced Find > to add this as a search option? > > Thanks ...

How do I keep accounts separate?
Hi there, I have been using Money for my personal accounts for a couple of years. Now, I would like to add an account for an organization that I belong to. How can I add it without having it affect my budget, monthly reports, etc?....I'd like to be able to back it up separately as well. Do I need another installation of money on same machine? I am using money 2000 ver 8 that came with machine. Thanks! Yarnia ...

OMA Error #4
When I try to connect to Outlook mobile access i get the following error: A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Also application log shows error 1503 An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider Stack trace: at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.OmaWebRequest.GetRequestStream() at Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices.GetSpe...

Allow save copies of message option to be set by account
Hello, I'm using IMAP for the first time, but also have POP3 accounts with no IMAP support in Outlook 2007. I want to save a single copy of my sent messages, after they are actually sent. I can't do this in OL 2007, or at least if I can, without a bunch of rules tinkering and/or negating a benefit of IMAP. I don't like the rules setup, because it sends a copy of my POP3 e-mail to the sent items folder when I hit the send button, not when the e-mail is actually sent. I'd like to have the ability to set the option of saving copies at the account level. Now, either I can...

send on behalf of migrated account
Hi all This one is a real bugger. I migrated a mailbox user account and the machine account from 5.5 NT to Exchange 2003 AD 2003. The user who got migrated was a delegate on an inbox on the 5.5 server. The user can still send emails from the mailbox that she was made a delegate on, but now when she sends the email when the recpient gets it looks like this joeuser send on behalf of instead of saying joeuser send on behalf of delegated mailbox i.e joeuser send on behalf of mike. If the user sends a send on behalf of message to anyone that is on the 2003 AD and exchange 2003 server it...

Login change then lost outlook accounts
When I change a login on Win2000 or XP from one domain to another with same username I loose all of my outlook(imo) info. When I reload the PST I still have to create the accounts all over again. Is there a way to save the account info so it isnt lost when login changes? I understand it could be a security issue, but in our case it is more of a nuisance. regards cn Help, I did the same thing but I removed a user that had alot of e-mails that I need. now they are gone. How can I get them back???? Thanks "News-MS" wrote: > When I change a login on Win2000 or XP from one d...