I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes. For
example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.

Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the search for
"1234".

Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?

TIA

PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.

outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes. For
> example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.
>
> Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the search
> for
> "1234".
>
> Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?
>
> TIA
>
> PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.

0
Diane
11/17/2009 10:18:26 PM
Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
> xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes. For
> > example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.
> >
> > Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the search
> > for
> > "1234".
> >
> > Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.
>
> .

Here are more search tools:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp

I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4 digits
with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.

--

> Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
> Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
>> xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I store bank accunt and credit card numbers in various Contact Notes.
>> > For
>> > example, a credit card # as xxxxxxxxxxxx1234.
>> >
>> > Outlook contact search would not find this contact if I enter the
>> > search
>> > for
>> > "1234".
>> >
>> > Is there a way to do this in Outlook 2007?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> >
>> > PS - this search works fine in Outlook Mobile.
>>
>> .

0
Diane
11/18/2009 5:06:30 PM
Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use the
same logic for Outlook 2007.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Here are more search tools:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp
>
> I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4 digits
> with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
> > Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> outlook searches from the beginning - so it will only work if you use
> >> xxxxxxxxxxxx 1234. Other search tools (like google desktop) may find it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
> >>

> >> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .

That's Win Mobile? It's a totally different beast and they really can't be
compared. The  WDS is optimized to search thousands of items (200 GB worth
on the computer I'm using right now) and not hog too much resources as it
keeps the index up-to-date. Its much faster and less resource intensive to
do it by whole words, instead of letter. WM just needs to index a few MB, so
it doesn't matter.

--

> Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
> FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use the
> same logic for Outlook 2007.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Here are more search tools:
>> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp
>>
>> I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4
>> digits
>> with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Google Desktop Outlook search only works in email.
>> > Hope someone on the forum can advise a solution.  TIA

0
Diane
11/19/2009 9:57:04 PM
Hi, you could try out Lookeen (http://www.lookeen.net) I only made good
experience with it. Sometimes I did find what the integrated OUtlook serach
or Windows serach could find, e.g. just some numbers or short search queries.
Maybe it can help you to find...

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> That's Win Mobile? It's a totally different beast and they really can't be
> compared. The  WDS is optimized to search thousands of items (200 GB worth
> on the computer I'm using right now) and not hog too much resources as it
> keeps the index up-to-date. Its much faster and less resource intensive to
> do it by whole words, instead of letter. WM just needs to index a few MB, so
> it doesn't matter.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
> > FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use the
> > same logic for Outlook 2007.
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Here are more search tools:
> >> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/search.asp
> >>
> >> I do know that outlook won't find it unless you separate the last 4
> >> digits
> >> with a space. I think a dash and period will work too.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
> >>

> >> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

if lookeen searches partial words (ie, search for cent finds century and
recent) it should work.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"PeterZ09" <PeterZ09@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, you could try out Lookeen (http://www.lookeen.net) I only made good
> experience with it. Sometimes I did find what the integrated OUtlook
> serach
> or Windows serach could find, e.g. just some numbers or short search
> queries.
> Maybe it can help you to find...
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> That's Win Mobile? It's a totally different beast and they really can't
>> be
>> compared. The  WDS is optimized to search thousands of items (200 GB
>> worth
>> on the computer I'm using right now) and not hog too much resources as it
>> keeps the index up-to-date. Its much faster and less resource intensive
>> do it by whole words, instead of letter. WM just needs to index a few MB,
>> so
>> it doesn't matter.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Playcentric" <Playcentric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks Diane.  I will check the link you provided.
>> > FYI the search does work in WM6.  Do not understand why MS won't use
>> > the
>> > same logic for Outlook 2007.

>> .

0
Diane

Campaigns in CRM 4.0
Hi Is it possible to view activities and history in a campaign just like other things in crm - contacts and accounts. I checked the settings - customization and notes and activities option is checked but I dont see activities and history as a navigation option under campaigns. Also can i track an email against a campaign and not a campaign activity? Greatly appreciate some help. Regards ...

C00D11C7 on a ASF file under a less priviledged user account 12-09-09
Hello, Wanted to look at some ASF high quality videos from PDC09. I run XP SP3 fr with WMP 11. Files use VC-1 AP and WMA 9 PRO, for GSpot, or 10 PRO CBR, for the ASF metadata; one example file is here http://ecn.channel9.msdn.com/o9/pdc09/wmvhigh/FT34.wmv These files play when using a privileged (Local Administrators member) account. They play under GSpot in the preview panel running as a less privileged user. But they don't play in WMP 11 in the same account on the same machine. I searched this user registry hive for abnormal things (by comparing to the "all user"...

Trying to copy text from 4 columns into 1 column with HTML?

multiple email accounts #9
my question is: I have 3 Email accounts and I would like it when I get an email from a specific account it go to its own Inbox. I have a home business and would like it kept seperate. Outlook 2002, XP user. thanks! Dan railop@msn.com >-----Original Message----- >my question is: I have 3 Email accounts and I would like >it when I get an email from a specific account it go to >its own Inbox. > >I have a home business and would like it kept seperate. > >Outlook 2002, XP user. thanks! Dan > >railop@msn.com >. > I would recomend creating the 3 Inbox fol...

formula to add a number to a long string **
I'm not quite sure how to best describe this: I need a formula that will take the example below and return the "final result" Col. A = 24.43.234.555 and Col B= 23 making Final Result = 24.43.234.578 Is there a way to do this? This seems to work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3)&(RIGHT(TEXT(A1,"0"),3))+23 HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "MMangen" wrote: > I'm not quite sure how to best describe this: > > I need a formula that will take the e...

Page Numbering for TextBoxes and Continued on/from
Hello All, I have a template that is a 24" X 11" page with three textboxes of 7.5"W X 11". Basically, I am placing Word docs on this template, with each textbox representing a page. My problem is that I can't find any way to automatically page number the textboxes or make use of the Continued from/on option that will reference the hitherto non-existent textbox page numbers. Any tips out there? Thanks in advance for the assistance. ...

Online account setup problem
Whenever I try to set up online access to my Bank of America or E*Trade Bank accounts in Money '05, I get an error message that reads "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This occurs after the software appears to try to download information and set up the account. Money then adds an account to My Accounts and wants me to provide sign-in information, which sends me back into the the process described above. Any ideas on how to fix this? This is an issue they are presently addressing with BOA. Should be worked out shortly -- Rick Mac 698064 &q...

input numbers for code
I have a macro that currently pulls cases from a master list and sorts them by the month that case reviews are due. I maintain this file for 6 months. Currently, the months I am pulling are March through August. However, next month, I will be pulling April through September, then May through October, etc. Since I am a novice with code, the only way I know to change the months sorted is to go into the code each month and adjust the month date in each of 6 modules. The dates in the list and code are in the format of "03 10", "04 10", etc. Here is the cod...

select and drag: sequencing numbers doesn't work
Hi, a user has a problem with the following: when, in a worksheet, he selects numbered cells in a column and drags the black cross down, Excel keeps writing the same numbers again and again, instead of sequencing them. The sheet has Autofilter switched on. I advised to switch off Autofilter and switch it on when finished. This only helped in certain files and ranges. Hans and Dee Another trick is to use the right button to drag down. When released, it will show a menu. Select "Fill Series". You will need only one number to start, not two. Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR...

crm 4 outlook/exchange 07 sends multiple emails
Hey all, Please bear with me, I'm still very new to CRM administration.... We have just upgraded to crm 4.0 in an exchange 07 environment. Clients are using Outlook 07 with the CRM light client installed. The issue that we're running into is when we reply all in Outlook, the same email is sent every minute. This is happening to all my users. They have to completely close outlook and kill the process to get these emails to stop. However, when replying to just a single person or sending a new email to a single person, it works like a champ. Incoming/outgoing are both set to ema...

Foreign Currency Accounts
I've searched MS Money help as well as this newsgroup, however, haven't found an answer to the following question: Does MS Money support multiple foreign currency accounts? Apart from my US bank account, I have one in Switzerland (Swiss Francs), France (Euro) and soon Englang (Pounds). Quicken allows me to maintain foreign accounts in their respective currency. How about Money? Thanks. Yes. Same. "Alex" <001@signer.mailshell.com> wrote in message news:2d57501c46b10$ef62e0e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've searched MS Money help as well as this newsgroup, >...

Adding GL account
I am new to Great Plains. Does anyone have documentation for adding a new account to the general ledger? Try Cards->Financial->Account off the menu. Then if you need more help, click on the little question mark icon on the Account Card - the help link will give you many gory details about every field and button on the card. "Andrea" wrote: > I am new to Great Plains. Does anyone have documentation for adding a new > account to the general ledger? ...

Wrong numbers on axes
I have encountered some strange numbering problems on graphs in a number of my files. The x axis time values: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 are appearing in some graphs as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 1 1 1 All the graphs's axes label source is the same set of cells. Changing the cells to different ones makes no difference, the difference seems to be in each graph's settings. In some other graphs I am getting a similar problem, the numbers 1-31 having the 20s appear as 2s. Interestingly if the axes is formatted as a number to 2 decimal places (in the faulty graphs) you end up w...

Converting strings to numbers
I want to join the values of a range of cells (say 1, 2, 5, and 8) to produce the number 1258, which can then be used in other calculations. Any ideas on how to do this? I'm using Excel from Office 2000 Many thanks Formula =--(C9&D9&E9&F9) VBA code varData = --(Range("C9") & Range("D9") & Range("E9") & Range("F9")) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Big Bitty" wrote: > I want to join the values of a range of cells (say 1, 2, 5, and 8) to produce > the number 1258, which can then be used i...

Sorting numbers with multiple decimal points?
Hi - I'm sure this is covered in some docs somewhere, but it's hard to know what to search for. I have a spreadsheet (using Excel 2003 SP1) in which I have a number of rows that have an "ID" field taking the format "X.X.X.X" where X is a number from 0 to 100. Like this: 1.1.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.4 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.0.0.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.2 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.1 blah blah rest of row 1.1.3.0 blah blah rest of row 1.1.1.3 blah blah rest of row 1.1.2.5 blah blah rest of ...

Specify account to send from
I tried replying to a work email earlier tonight and after I sent it, although I specified which account to send the email from, the saved sent message said it had been sent from my personal (default) account. I've got four accounts on Outlook, so I tested them against each other and found that all my messages sent from my personal (default) account came through fine, but all the messages sent from the other accounts to my personal (default) account said they had been sent by my personal (default) account. Anyone have an idea why this is happening and how I can fix it? ...

Check Number
I have three companies setup. Each company has one bank - which we use both for payroll and Payables. The bank and the check books are setup identically. On one of the companies, the "next check number" field does not update after posting checks. The user has to manually override the next check number everytime they print checks. Thanks Is the same user printing checks for all companies? Are the checks printed and posting attempted immediately? Is posting completing properly? Is the one company with the problem much older? Could the check numbers be duplicating existing ...

404.4
What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942052/ "GW" wrote: > What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? > . > ...

row number: specifying the group when using "over group"
I'm having a problem with row numbers in a report with three groupings. The exact subject matter is a bit arcane, so as an example I'll use taxi cabs. My question is simple: how do I get the desired result (listed third below)? In other words, how do I specify the group when asking for a running sum "Over Group"? (The hypothetical data assumes as fixed-width font.) Thank you, Alec -------------------- OVER ALL -------------------- Row | Day: Tuesday ------------ Driver: Alice ------------- Odometer Start | Odometer Stop ...

Sort By Row (4,000 rows)
I have a 4,000 row file with 30 columns. I want to sort by rows. However, when I select all the data and sort by rows, nothing happens. The only way that I can sort by row is if I do it one at a time, two at a time, or three at a time. How do I do it all at once? By the way, when I select all the data at one time, I click on the blank box in the corner to the left of the A column and to the top of row 1. "Tina Johnson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:060c01c3c9fa$0962c220$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a 4,000 row file with 30 columns. I wan...

Can any one tell me which one is best? #4
Im trying to pick a mortgage but i dont understand the ins and out can any one tell me which of these is the best? http://www.swoopon.com/Swoopon/mortgage.htm ...

INSTALLATION #4
How do I install the trail version when I HAVE ANTI VIRUS AND A FIREWALL?????? In microsoft.public.money, IZ LENZ wrote: >How do I install the trail version when I HAVE ANTI VIRUS AND A >FIREWALL?????? Simple in most cases. Unless you have Norton. In that case, download, disconnect from internet, uninstall Norton, install Money, reinstall Norton, reconnect to internet. Tell your firewall that it is OK for Money to talk to the internet when/if your firewall asks. thanks---I DO HAVE norton ...

Excel Report Builder report is deleting the last column from SQL v
I am using Excel Reports in conjunction with Smartconnect. After about a dozen smartconnect connections and refreshes of data from GP in my excel report, the original SQL view created from the Excel Report Builder deletes the last column from the SQL view. I am now unable to refresh my excel report because of an "invalid column name". The only work around at this point is to re-publish my excel report from the excel report builder tool; however, this is not the preferred method of resolution. Any other suggestions? I just had this happened - I thought someone must h...

Number of Copies to Print
i want to print the specific report in a form by declaring the quantity on the textbox and by cliking the command button. for example: i will type 10 on the textbox, after clicking the command button. it will produce to copies of the printed document. thanks in advance. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Registered number for my office 2007
Hi folks how can I find on my version of office what the registration code is as I have 2 laptops one with Professional and the other with Home and student. Which is which? Belarc Advisor MagicJelly Bean will both show the key for the installed version "ElGordo" <ElGordo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CA98D89-41AA-47C9-AE3C-1BDBF39E9D3F@microsoft.com... > Hi folks > how can I find on my version of office what the registration code is as I > have 2 laptops one with Professional and the other with Home and student. > Which is which...