Outlook 2007 wont send emails when using contacts

If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It just
gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it will
work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did
notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the
addresses. When i removed the '  ' it works. Could this be the issues? If so,
how do i fix this?

You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection.
How were these Contacts created?
Are their email addresses resolved?
--
Russ Valentine
"turbowrx03" <turbowrx03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It
> just
> gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it
> will
> work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did
> notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the
> addresses. When i removed the '  ' it works. Could this be the issues? If
> so,
> how do i fix this?

0
Russ
4/23/2010 3:01:21 PM
The used to be associated with an exchange server email account, but now
we've moved over to godaddy. So, i backed up and created the pst file, but
when imported, the contacts are there but doesnt work if i click on one and
try to email them. It just gets stuck in the outbox with errors. The errors
aren't specific. But if i open the email in the outbox, delete the email
address and then type it manually, it works.

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

> You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection.
> How were these Contacts created?
> Are their email addresses resolved?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "turbowrx03" <turbowrx03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It
> > just
> > gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it
> > will
> > work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did
> > notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the
> > addresses. When i removed the '  ' it works. Could this be the issues? If
> > so,
> > how do i fix this?
>
> .

Well i got it working. I exported contacts to excel and viewed the contact
list. Every email address had ' before the address, so i meticulously removed
that from every email. Also, i had to remove the ' from every email type as
well. But either way, it was a pain, but at least it works.

"turbowrx03" wrote:

> The used to be associated with an exchange server email account, but now
> we've moved over to godaddy. So, i backed up and created the pst file, but
> when imported, the contacts are there but doesnt work if i click on one and
> try to email them. It just gets stuck in the outbox with errors. The errors
> aren't specific. But if i open the email in the outbox, delete the email
> address and then type it manually, it works.
>
> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>
> > You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection.
> > How were these Contacts created?
> > Are their email addresses resolved?
> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > "turbowrx03" <turbowrx03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It
> > > just
> > > gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it
> > > will
> > > work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did
> > > notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the
> > > addresses. When i removed the '  ' it works. Could this be the issues? If
> > > so,
> > > how do i fix this?
> >
> > .

Here is the lesson you should have learned: You never transfer Outlook data
using export and import. Doing so causes just this kind of problem.
Lesson 2: provide this information when you ask others for help instead of
expecting them to figure out what you did wrong.
--
> Well i got it working. I exported contacts to excel and viewed the contact
> list. Every email address had ' before the address, so i meticulously
> removed
> that from every email. Also, i had to remove the ' from every email type
> as
> well. But either way, it was a pain, but at least it works.
>
> "turbowrx03" wrote:
>
>> The used to be associated with an exchange server email account, but now
>> we've moved over to godaddy. So, i backed up and created the pst file,
>> but
>> when imported, the contacts are there but doesnt work if i click on one
>> and
>> try to email them. It just gets stuck in the outbox with errors. The
>> errors
>> aren't specific. But if i open the email in the outbox, delete the email
>> address and then type it manually, it works.
>>
>> "Russ Valentine" wrote:
>>
>> > You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection.
>> > How were these Contacts created?
>> > Are their email addresses resolved?
>> > --
>> > Russ Valentine
>> > "turbowrx03" <turbowrx03@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > .

0
Russ

Outlook with Outlook Express ?

making boxplot in excel 2007
Hey. Got a problem on making a boxplot in excel 2007. I used to make excel 2003 to make the boxplot, but now I have the 2007 edition. I learned from my teacher that I need to use the "High-Low-lines" and the "Up/down-bars" to make the boxplot. The problem is that when I made the "Up/down-bars" it will cover the data-points so I can't see median ect. Is there anyway to change the order of the chart-figures like to show the data-point at the top, the up/down-bars in the middle and the high-low-lines at the bottom just like when u change the order of several...

Outlook Contacts 05-25-07

Outlook freezes up

When I use no margins, white edges still appear in printing. How .
How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser printer? Hi Pub (Pub @discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || How do I get rid of these white edges when printing on a laser || printer? Because your printer cannot print to the edge. This is a limitation of your printer, and Publisher can only print to the printer's limitations. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Outlook & Entourage

not sure if I'm using the correct formula for the result I want #2
I'm trying to calculate a 'low net' score. A persons 'actual score' minus 'their handicap' = 'low net' score. I have this worksheet setup like this; A4:A23 = list of names Columns B-U have the weekly calculated low net scores B4:U23 = the calculated 'low net' scores using this formula =SUM(Scorecard!B4-Scorecard!Y4); (this is for player one) Scorecard!B4 is player one's first week 'actual score', Scorecard!Y4 is player one's calculated 'handicap'. In Row B25:U25 I have this formula {=MIN(IF(B$4:B$23>0,B$4:B$23))}, to p...

Should I use a scatter graph?
I would like to chart some various housing compounds based on rental rate (y) vs their size, in this case bedrooms (x). I can get the look and results that I want, but I can't get the label of the compound (A,B or C) next to the data point. I have never used scatter graphs before, so I'm not sure if this is the correct path. Should I be using a scatter graph? Sample Compound Bedrooms Lease A 4 16,000 B 4 18,000 C 5 19,000 Thanks in advance. kdaniel7979 These two sites each offer a f...

documents created with microsoft office publisher 2007 trial versi
recently i created a few documents with microsoft office publisher 2007 duriing a free trial period that recently expired. i can access the documents but i can't do anything with them, is there anyway to open them with my 2003 version of microsoft office? If you have Publisher 2002 or 03 you can open the files. You may be able to recover the text in Word. Try a print screen if you really need the file. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F703554-FE98-466D-A839-6102CA009EA7@microsoft.com... > re...

cannot send excel worksheet (sheet only) to mail recipient
When in Excel, I CAN send an excel spreadsheet as an attachment (file, send to, mail receipient as attachment). I can NOT send only a single sheet out of the worksheet to an email receipient (file, send to, mail recipient, send the current sheet as the message body). Error received says "Excel could not start the email program. Check your network connection. Make sure outlook is installed correctly, your email program is set up correctly, and you can connect to your email server." I am using MS Excel 2002 and MS Office 2003 in a Windows XP operating system. Hi Nancy See ...

Opening Outlook

gridlines in outlook?

can't create rules in outlook

select name box freezes Outlook

outlook 2002

outlook and links in emails

Same Contact, Different Owners
We are running V4. Big big concern of our users is multiple owners of a single contact. CRM is only allowing one user to sync back changes from the CRM to Outlook (so the first user to synch their Outlook contacts with CRM wins). Even if record is shared, updates are not being synch'd. Are there any solutions/ideas/suggestions to handle this? The easier way to do it is to modify the local data rule for synchornizing the data. The default rule is to download all of the records owned by the login user. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On May 22, 6:26=...

Outlook XP and attachments

Email body arrives as attachment
Hi We are receiving a number of emails which are mostly replies where the email body is added as an attachment. I can only think this is being caused by antivirus systems on other peoples email servers, a fact that I am trying to check, however would welcome any suggestions. This is a new problem that has only kicked in today. The server did run out of disk space this morning but that has been resolved (the backup failed and did not remove the logs). thanks in advance ...

Exchange 2010, Outlook 2003