Office XP "categories" in Office 2007

I use to use Office XP and I could "categories" or use key words associated
with a contact - ie I could put type of business, group or person I met them
from, client or vendor ect, ect.  Then I could search by the "category" or
key word using a drop down box that listed all of them.  Office 2007 has six
colors to choose from that are considered categories.  I need 30+ categories
that I can name myself. Can someone tell me how to do this in 2007 if
possible.

Much appreciated.

http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/colorcat/upgrade.asp
--
Russ Valentine
"NDH" <NDH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use to use Office XP and I could "categories" or use key words associated
> with a contact - ie I could put type of business, group or person I met
> them
> from, client or vendor ect, ect.  Then I could search by the "category" or
> key word using a drop down box that listed all of them.  Office 2007 has
> six
> colors to choose from that are considered categories.  I need 30+
> categories
> that I can name myself. Can someone tell me how to do this in 2007 if
> possible.
>
> Much appreciated.

0
Russ

Categories disappeared after upgrade from Office 2k3 to 2k7??
After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories are gone. I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Categories to Office 2k7? Any help in this area would be completely appreciated. Thx NewsReader2k;115976 Wrote: > After upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2007 all of my categories > are > gone. > > I still have a complete backup of my system containing Office 2k3 with > working categories, is there a way to manually transfer the Catego...

Maximum # of categories?
Is there any limitation on the number of categories you can enter in Outlook XP. Please advise. Thanks. ...

Colour values of calendar categories
Hi I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword, and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc). Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better still, just let me know what they are? Thanks in advance Steve Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the mouse cursor was placed over. But I don'...

Ability to organize email Templates in to categories
Some customers may have hundreds of email templates, they would like to be able to categorise these into organizational units, for example company departments. This could be further enhanced to include more detailed security on email templates, so that users could be restricted to which templates they could view. I definitely agree. Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Quinton" wrote: > Some customers may have hundreds of email templates, they would like to be > able to categorise these into organizational units, for example company > departments. &g...

Transfers not working after changing Categories?
Hi, we have serious issues of store transfers not completing and the last time the issue arose it was right after we changed the names of the departments and categories in headquarters. We are restructuring our database so we are making changes to: Categories, Suppliers, Prices, Item Names and Cost. I have made sure to create worksheets to update these changes in our stores from Headquarters, but all of the sudden, our inventory transfers aren't going through: *It's not a connection problem as all of the worksheets have been successfully downloaded and sales info was updated...

List of Categories in Outlook 2010
Is there any way of getting a printable list of categories assigned in Microsoft Outlook 2010? e.g. to allow the list to be fine-tuned and or for colleagues to also have the same categories available TIA! I would do a print screen, personally. The following macro in Outlook should work to produce a list of categories in a Word document. Set a reference to the Microsoft Word object library in the vba editor (Tools > References). Although aimed at Word the principles shown at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm apply to Outlook also should you not know what to do with macro lis...

Advanced Find not finding Categories in OL03
In OL03 I've ranked my prospects with lettered categories (A, B, C, D, F) When I go to find all of my A Prospects, Advanced Find pulls up all of my contacts with a category that contains an "a", such as "Alzheimer's Mail". Please Help, thank you in advance. jamo2983 <JSchutz@RealtyUSA.com> wrote: > In OL03 I've ranked my prospects with lettered categories (A, B, C, D, > F) When I go to find all of my A Prospects, Advanced Find pulls up > all of my contacts with a category that contains an "a", such as > "Alzheimer's Mail...

Cannot view other categories?
I have two categories: Suppliers and customers. I can view the suppliers as address cards and a list by category. Customers I can view as a list by categories but not as address cards. The Supplier address cards arethe only ones that pop up? Thanks Kalevi ...

EWS: Calendar categories lost reviewing Exchange Public Folder Calendar
Title says it all. I've created a calendar in Outlook 2007 (SBS 2008/Exchange 2007). It's in a "favorite" Public Folder so that it's reviewable by all logged in domain users and editable by two of us. Making it a favorite Public Folder calendar is what made it available to to users logging in over Outlook Web Access. However, on my Mac, none of the category attributes for appointments/events are retained by the entries. The curious thing is that the categories themselves DID make it to the Mac when I created a personal calendar that I shared with other Outlook ...

Transfer with Categories
I was wondering if there is a way to make a transfer with a category? We have an Au Pair that has a checking account at the same bank we use. I would like to be able to transfer money from my account to her account and still use categories for tax purposes. I was thinking that maybe an Apay type of transaction my work but I'm not sure how to set it up. Or is there some kind of accounting transaction that I could use to track these charges? Thanks Your bank may think this is a transfer--from Money's point of view, it sure sounds like it looks like a payment. A "Transfer" ...

EMAILING VIA CATEGORIES
We send out emails to large numbers of certain categories of people When selecting all addressees in a Category, is there any way, the email can individually address each addressee separately? At the moment we have to send the message to ourselves in the To field and BCC all the names from the category list any suggestions? What you are wanting to do is a mail merge to electronic mail. Select the recipients > Tools > Mail merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nicky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E4B9A57-424B-4EA5-8C1F-200CFD0F02F5@mic...

switching the axes, categories to values and vice versa
I'm trying to create a statistical add-on that makes a dot plot in excel 07. right now i'm using a line chart with markers to create the values on the y-axis and the categories on the x-axis, aka text items on the bottom. i'm trying to figure out a way to switch these two, so that the categories are on the y-axis and the values are on the x-axis while still maintaining my data so that if someone changes it, the graph updates. i've looked at the peltier pages and can't seem to get the bar-xy combo to work. i create my secondary axis, move it over, and change th...

Making Changes To Product Categories

Outlook 2007 email categories
For years, when email came in, each email would be 'colored' according to the category. Recently, all incoming email is black - no other colors. There is a Rule called "Clear categories on mail." I have checked/unchecked it a few times. No change. I have created a rule ta should categorize incoming email by sender. Still no colors. Any idea of the cause/solution? I see nothing in a Google search addressing this specific problem. Hello J Lunis, I can do it for you. Please reply if you want it. Regards Andrej > For years, when email came in, each email woul...

Sub-Categories for X-axis labels, line on bar chart?
I am making a vertical bar graph for pH solutions of various drug reagents. I would like to graph all my results on one chart. Preferrably, with the drug as the group label on the x-axis with multiple samples in each group. For example, samples 2, 36, and 45 I would like their resulted pH plotted in the coc group and samples 5,17, and 29 I would like their pH's plotted in the amp group. The chart should show the drug groups on the x-axis with the sample names directly on the bar itself. Just to complicate this a little further, I would also like to plot a min and max line for each dr...

Duplicating categories
I break down categories in my credit card accounts then list the payment from my bank account as a credit card expense. So I wind up with the money being allocated twice. How do I prevent the duplication? (for ex. if all bills were paid from my credit card it would show up as twice as much money spent as I made. First broken down as individual expenses then as the credit card payment.) Hilda See http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#intro Specifically... http://umpmfaq.info/faq.html#Q53 "Transfer" is what you need to use. "Hilda Korn" <HildaKorn@discussions.microsoft.co...

How would I do this?
I'm designing a database using ORM in Visio. I'm stuck on what seems like an easy problem but which has stumped me. I have a Category object Category CatId (primary) ParentCategoryId (zero for root) Name Level I also want each Category to have zero or many Related categories. A category cannot be related to itself. so I created RelatedCategory with 2 facts connected to category Facts 1 Each RelatedCategory has Exactly One Category Each Category has Zero or One Relatedcategory Facts 2 (identical to fact 1) Each RelatedCategory has Exactly One Category Each Category has Z...

Number of categories
I need to make a macro to change the between tick-mark labels with a value depending of the total numbers of rows, but I do not now the VB code to put the number of categories in the graph. I'm not a expert in VB coding, any help is appreciated, Thanks, jos post specifics "Jos" wrote: > I need to make a macro to change the between tick-mark labels with a value > depending of the total numbers of rows, but I do not now the VB code to put > the number of categories in the graph. > I'm not a expert in VB coding, any help is appreciated, > Thanks, jos ...

Categories in Databases
Hi, I have a database of things in Sheet1 and one of the columns is labeled "country". Let's call this the master list, with about 150 rows. I want to make a list in Sheet2 with just things in "China". The way I've been doing it is by scouring through the master list, seeing which ones have "china", and then manually copying and pasting. Is there any way in which I can get this automatically done instead of doing it the manual labor way? Thx -- yl358 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ yl358's Profile: htt...

Bar chart with Y Axes Categories
I have very little experience with charts, so I really appreciate your help. I have a column of employees' "Years until retirement" (approx 139 employees). I'd like a chart that shows a bar for 0-5 years, 6-9 years, 10-14 years, 15-19 years, 20-24 years, 25-29 years and 30+. How do I categorize to get this chart? THANK YOU. MB I think you want the categories on the X axis. In the first column of the sheet, put your year ranges, and in the second column, put the number of employees within each range. Make a chart from this data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Micros...

The "Move" tool causes categories to disapper
Every time I use the Edit>Move tool to move a category from the Expense section to the Income section, the category disappears. How do I get aroud this apparent bug in Money 2003 Deluxe. Thanks ...

Office XP "categories" in Office 2007
I use to use Office XP and I could "categories" or use key words associated with a contact - ie I could put type of business, group or person I met them from, client or vendor ect, ect. Then I could search by the "category" or key word using a drop down box that listed all of them. Office 2007 has six colors to choose from that are considered categories. I need 30+ categories that I can name myself. Can someone tell me how to do this in 2007 if possible. Much appreciated. http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/colorcat/upgrade.asp -- Russ Valentine "...

Subfolders X Categories
What are the trade offs between using subfolders versus different categories whthin just one folder. Tks, Rogerio Brazil ...

M2005 and Categories
I upgraded to Money 2005 Deluxe and thought all for the most part was going OK. I just discovered that Money2005 reallocated some of my categories. Where I had Dining Out and Groceries as Sub-Categories under Food they are now each major Categories, other Categories were also changed. I am now suspicious of other changes that were made in other areas. I may just reload Money 2004 and check my account balances against Money 2005. At this point it is not too late for me to revert to M2004. ron >Subject: M2005 and Categories >From: ron roncour@hotmail.com >Date: 9/20/2004 7:52 PM Ea...

Categories not saved for sent/replied/forwarded messages (O2K7)
Dear, I don't know if this is a normal behavior of the program, a missconfiguration, ignorance, or something that can be repaired... That's it: On a shared mailbox, or my own mailbox. I assign a color category to a received e-mail message, and when I reply /reply all/ forward to that e-mail, and I look to the Sent Items folder, the color category has not been saved. Platform: Microsoft Office System - Professional Plus: Outlook 2007, on Windows XP Service Pack 2. Does anybody know something about this? I think that by default there's a Rule that strips categories from ...