My cd/dvd drive does not read or burn discs

My Cd/DVD drive does not read or burn discs anymore. I 've used it yesterday
to burn my brother a cd, and it hasn't worked since. I uninstalled the device
and reinstalled it, and i have checked the connections. I am using this
device with windows vista.

I am thinking it maybe broken, but i am not sure. Ist there anything else
that i could do to make sure it is not broken?

any help would be greatly appreciated

You do understand that this is a forum specifically for Microsoft Outlook?
Can you please explain what your CD/DVD drive has to do with Outlook? If you
can, we'll be happy to answer if it's somehow Outlook related. If not,
you'll have to find a hardware forum.

"Jamie Teem" <Jamie Teem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Cd/DVD drive does not read or burn discs anymore. I 've used it
yesterday
> to burn my brother a cd, and it hasn't worked since. I uninstalled the
device
> and reinstalled it, and i have checked the connections. I am using this
> device with windows vista.
>
> I am thinking it maybe broken, but i am not sure. Ist there anything else
> that i could do to make sure it is not broken?
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated

0
Kathleen

CD-RW DRIVE/CD Drive Not showing up under device manager.
Hola, I have a dvd-RW drive and a regular cd drive installed on my computer. Up until a few days ago it was working fine. Now it dosen't even show up under the device manager. I ran a compelte virus scan which came up with nothing. I tried using the Microsoft auto-fix program and it failed. I followed the instructions for a reg edit of the upper and lower files and still no sucess. I'm kinda at a loss here. The drives open fine I haven't installed or removed anything major recently that I can think of. Once I put a game or any cd in it just comes back err. canno...

Reading/Reporting Activity History
I wish to be able to report on case history specifically and activity history generally. Is there a way of compiling a report either by advanced find or programming a report in VB that will include e-mail activity and the notes fields? (I know that I can print the notes fields, but I cannot do anything with the e-mail correspondence) I would then be able to send a report to my customers at the end of the month showing the exact status of their cases - and justifying my existence! It would be very useful to be able to read the history with a reading pane or a two line view like you can ...

Problem with drive/network paths in formulas
Hi there, I have a few worksheets that as part of their equations they reference other files on the company network. I have found though that sometimes the path coming up is from the drive mapping (i.e. G:\SALES\etc) and other times it is coming up with the full network path (i.e. \\SERVER\SHARE\SALES\etc). When it is coming up with the network path the formula then fails. Any ideas? ...

Microsoft Money CD wanted to buy.
I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version 14.0.100.1105. Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. Ebay or Amazon or use google to find others. -- Peace, BobJ "Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D1EFD25-8859-459F-B7F2-162E3170B8EC@microsoft.com... >I have a user who needs Microsoft Money Deluxe Edition Version >14.0.100.1105. > Where can I buy this version. Thanks for any replies. ..1105 was a download service patch to the shipped M05 CDs. I'm not sure--doubt if--they ever slipstreamed this onto...

loaded office pro 07 1st cd & registed what about 2nd cd?
only promped for one cd ?????????????? I haven't loaded office from the retail cd so I can't be certain what the issue is. Did you select all the samples and other optional features? They may be on the second CD so you would only have to mount the second CD if you needed to install something from it. There may be other optional files that only need to be installed if your system needs them. Many options default to run from CD or install on first use so if you didn't change those to run from my computer, you may be prompted as you use the feature to mount the other CD. ...

MOVING EMAIL BETWEEN DRIVES
I'm replacing my hard drive, which has Office 2003 and XP Pro, for a larger one. I will install a fresh copy of XP Pro and Office 2003 with most of the updates. My wife and I use Outlook for our mail under separate user accounts. After the new drive is running how does one transfer all the accumulated mail from the first drive, I assume this is possible? I have no idea where it's stored or if it is transferable. Upon completion I plan to delete the present C partition and use it for storage. TYIA Your emails are probably in a Personal Folders File (a .pst file). Open Outlook and go ...

problem burning cd
i have been trying to burn a cd on windows media player but once i have created my playlist which i made sure would fit onto the cd i simply get the message connect a burner and restart. i have a cd burner which i put the blank disk into so why cant i burn my cd? any help much apprciated On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:08:02 -0800, smooth <smooth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have been trying to burn a cd on windows media player but once i have >created my playlist which i made sure would fit onto the cd i simply get the >message connect a burner and restart. i hav...

ANN: Read newsgroups in Outlook with NewsGator 1.3
NewsGator, the popular RSS news aggregator for Outlook, has added support for reading NNTP newsgroups in version 1.3. Take a look! Web site: http://www.newsgator.com 1.3 press release: http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030805/55302_1.html -- Greg Reinacker NewsGator Technologies http://www.newsgator.com ...

save a file on a CD.
I want to save a file on a CD. When I try, I'm told it is not a legal operation ( or something to that effect) and that I must get permission from the 'Administrator". Who would that be?? If you're using File|SaveAs (or its xl2007+ equivalent), then you'll want to make sure that the drive you're using allows you to use it this way. One of my drives has a DLA (Direct Line Access???). This allows this drive to be used the way file|SaveAs would need. The other doesn't allow this. In any event, I wouldn't do this. I think it'll cause more tro...

USB stick Drive letter allocation
I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because that is where software is specifically writing to. However, if I boot up without the USB memory stick another drive (the CD) is allocated to the now missing drive letter and I have to re-assign both of them to regain drive letter D. Is there a way to stop D being assigned to another drive - even if there is nothing there at the time of boot up? Thanks. Bill Bill R wrote: > I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because > that is where software is specifically...

Problem savin in a Network Drive
Hi all!!! I'm having an anoying problem with Office Apps (Excel, Word, PowerPoint..). When I tried to save a file I alwais got the same error: "The Disk is Full" The File Server is a Windows 2000 Server + SP4 + Hotfixes, it has no quota and enought free hard disk I have tested the problem with clients running Windows 2000 + Sp3 + Office 2000 SP3, Windows XP Sp1 + Office XP Sp2, Windows 2000 Sp3 + Office 2000 Sp3 and always have the same error. Please any help will be wellcome.. Exactly how much Free space do you have and how big is the file "Charlie" <Charl...

reading and verifying digital certificate
Friends, How to read the key to digital sign your data and later to validate the digitally sign data. for that sake we need to first extract private key and public key from the digital certificate. Please advice how to proceed. Regards, Vivek ...

problem Backing up to thumb drives
When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that tells me "Money has filled the current disk" "Please insert Backup Disk 2 into the H:\ drive so that we may continue to build your backup." I have 2 of these drives, both have plenty of empty space available and the results are the same on both. I can use a 256 mb thumb drive to back up to without getting this message. Any ideas? Thanks, In microsoft.public.money, BJV wrote: >When back up to a 4.0 gig cruzer lock thumb drive I get a dialog box that >tells me "Money has filled the...

CD
how can i copy of information in outlook to CD Close Outlook - copy/paste. Be sure your CD burning software supports copying as well as burning. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Nick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3f5801c42b21$7e1ab090$a401280a@phx.gbl... | how can i copy of information in outlook to CD ...

Excel file opened as read-only, if saved by another user
I have two users defined in my XP system. Let'c call them "A" (admin) and "B". If I save an excel file in the Shared Folder as user "A", then user B can only open it as Read-only. However, if user B saves it, then user A has no problem in open it as a read/write file. It hasn't always been like this, in the past I had no problems in updating this file regardless of how I logged in. Why does this happen? Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be updated? How can I correct it? Rgds, GeEf GeEf, Open the file, (either user) and look in the Share Fi...

Reading pane general question
I'm using Outlook 2007 (under Vista Home premium) and very recently I noticed that many (if not all) of the folders under my InBox, and I have a lot, were configured with the Reading Pane abled. I do not use that feature and the change surprised me. I could see how I might have accidentally clicked that option for one folder but not folders that I rarely use. I went back and manually disabled the Reading Pane from those folders (75+ folders, in various groups, grouped under the InBox). Any thoughts on how this could have happened? I'm more curious than annoyed. Any thoughts?...

Remove Drives from a Cluster
Hi All I am running Windows 2003 w/sp1 and Exchange 2003 w/sp1 in a two node active/passive cluster. I have two drives that are no longer being used and would like to remove them. There is no storage group or databases on the drives any longer. The cluster only shows that the Exchange system attendant has it listed as a dependency. What I would like to know is can I just remove the drives from the system attendant as a dependency and will this cause any problem with the cluster or system attendant and once that is done do I need to take the drives offline before deleting or can I just...

Access 2003 .ldb file is read only and cannot be deleted
I have a user that reported when he closes an Access 2003 database, the .ldb file doesn't disappear and actually says it is read only. I have checked his permissions and he has FULL access to the directory. If he logs off and logs back in, it disappears. It is on a Windows 2003 File Server. I have heard that this is an issue sometimes related to access databases on a fileserver. Any suggestions? Does he have Delete permissions? Typically, if permissions are in order, there has been an inelegant exit of the database. This can be a user training issue, or it can be hardware rela...

copy file to cd
when I copy a file that is not "read only", after it is copied to a cd it becomes "read only". How do I stop this from happening??????????? coolyus First of all.......you should never save to or open from removable media directly. Save to HDD then copy to the CD. Same when opening. Copy to HDD then open. The read only bit....... That is the default behaviour when saving/copying to CD. All depends upon how the files get "burned" to the CD. With regular Windows burning, they will always be read-only. If you were to use a packet writing application like Ne...

How to read values from a table?
Hi, I am trying to redesign an old database. I have three forms start, entry, edit forms. Start form is like a switch board to enter into the forms. An audit is entered into the database through "Entry" form which has around 50 controls. All these controls gets stored in the main table. "Edit" forms allows you to edit the audit. The issue here is the "Edit" form doesn't read the values from the main table when the form is loaded. I have a logic to read the values from the main table in "start" form. Everything looks fine with the SQL statemen...

Money 2004 doesn't list available CD-R/CD-RW to back up to....
In Money 2004, why wouldn't it list an available CD-RW to back up to in the drop down box at Tools/Options/Backup? According to this article in the MS Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=265130&Product=mny http://tinyurl.com/4bzoj ....it should list it, and on another machine that I have Money 2004 installed on, it lists the A: and a ZIP drive I have installed as D:, but no CD-RW drive. What am I missing that's keeping these two machines from seeing the CD-R/CD-RW as an available drive to write to? -- bill evans WHEvansIIINO@SPAMcharter.net Ha...

Need help to reinstall MS Ultimate Office Disc after System Restor
My laptop had to be reset to factory settings after a major crash. Since I had already installed the Microsoft Ultimate bundle onto my desktop, then my laptop, then had to reinstall on my desktop, I'm wondering if the reason the laptop CD drive now doesn't even recognize the disc is because of licensing restrictions. Is this possible? Other discs are "seen" by the drive and able to be launched, so why not the Microsoft Office disc? How do I resinstall the Office bundle onto my laptop? I run Vista Home Premium. So even if you explore the disk in explorer you a...

After a hard drive format
Before I format my hard drive (it's time)what files do I need to backup to retain my emails and email addresses? Where do I find them? Thanks, Marvin If you are using Outlook 2000/2002, search for files with the extension ".pst". The exact location will depend on what operation system you are using. Regards Darren PS within your newsgroups settings, change your e-mail address to something like marskyNOSPAM@mindspring.com. Newsgroups are where spammers gain their e-mail addresses from by using "spiders" or "web-bots" to gain details of such addresses. ...

reading data from hidden sheet
I have a macro to copy and past data from one sheet to another. It works fine when I have all the sheets open, but when I hide the source sheet (where my raw data is stored) macro gives me an error (400). I want my raw data sheet hidden, what can I do to keep my macro working when raw data sheet is hidden? Please advise.... Thanks! As ALWAYS, post your code for comments. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Atiq" <Atiq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCC02AA8-B4D9-4202-AF00-6384AB099FC9@microsoft.com...

PPT 2003 package for cd not working properly
I have a ppt presentation i am trying to package for cd distribution. It contains hyperlinks to word, excel, and ppt files. I select Package for CD and specify "Copy to Folder" Everything seems to go ok but when i go to the folder and run the Play.bat file, some information is missing. Some text boxes are simply not there, graphics are there but the hyperlink area is so tiny you almost can't even click on it. Does anyone know why this would happen? ...