Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT

I need help!

I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft
Products.

I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from
my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer
(which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine.
Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar,
EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool.

One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine,
and all the email settings, folders, calendar and contacts work great. (YEs,
there ARE contacts in the contact file) when I am writing a NEW email, and
click the TO button, there are no contacts to choose from. (if I start typing
an email address, is somehow knows where to look for contacts, as there will
be a list of suggestions on closest matches.) -It's just when I click the
"TO" field, there are no contacts to choose from, and no address books to
choose from. FRUSTRATING!

I have already read many posts that have directed me to try to associate my
address book with my Contact file (In Outlook, under Contacts, right-click
and choose PROPERTIES>Outlook Address Book> click the checkbox for "Show this
folder as an Outlook Address book." HOWEVER, the check box is grayed out.

ALSO, I have tried Tools> Account Settings>New address book>Change - but
there are no address books listed to choose from.

ALSO, I have tried Tools>Account Settings>New addres book>Remove, but the
remove feature is grayed out.

ALSO, I have tried Tools>Account Settings>New address book>New>Additional
Address Books>Outlook Address Books, but then I get an error message that
says "This account or directory type already exists and cannot be specified
twice."

I have tried creating a new .pst account by forcing a new email address into
the system, and that does create a new .pst file with a new email account,
but it does not create a new contact file whereby I can export my old
contacts into this new .pst file.

HELP! Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

-Daisy Nguyen

"Daisy Nguyen" <Daisy Nguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft
> Products.
>
> I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from
> my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new
> computer
> (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine.
> Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar,
> EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool.

If you used WET, then you are not as versed in Outlook as you claim because it
has been documented in this newsgroup literally for years that WET creates a
broken mail profile in Outlook and it no the proper way to mograte Outlook
data from one PC to another.

> One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine,
> and all the email settings, folders, calendar and contacts work great. (YEs,
> there ARE contacts in the contact file) when I am writing a NEW email, and
> click the TO button, there are no contacts to choose from. (if I start
> typing
> an email address, is somehow knows where to look for contacts, as there will
> be a list of suggestions on closest matches.) -It's just when I click the
> "TO" field, there are no contacts to choose from, and no address books to
> choose from. FRUSTRATING!
>
> I have already read many posts that have directed me to try to associate my
> address book with my Contact file (In Outlook, under Contacts, right-click
> and choose PROPERTIES>Outlook Address Book> click the checkbox for "Show
> this
> folder as an Outlook Address book." HOWEVER, the check box is grayed out.
>
> ALSO, I have tried Tools> Account Settings>New address book>Change - but
> there are no address books listed to choose from.
>
> ALSO, I have tried Tools>Account Settings>New addres book>Remove, but the
> remove feature is grayed out.

This means you'll need to create a new mail profile.

> ALSO, I have tried Tools>Account Settings>New address book>New>Additional
> Address Books>Outlook Address Books, but then I get an error message that
> says "This account or directory type already exists and cannot be specified
> twice."
>
> I have tried creating a new .pst account by forcing a new email address into
> the system, and that does create a new .pst file with a new email account,
> but it does not create a new contact file whereby I can export my old
> contacts into this new .pst file.

A new PST isn't necessary.  That's not the problem.  Use the Mail applet in
Control Panel to create the new profile.  See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/newprofile.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Updated Junk email fiters list
Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C TT=6&Origin=EC010553071033 -- marx404 "mjh404" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message news:u9Lwb.2287$zu1.1375423@news2.news.adelphia.net... > Here is an updated Filtters.txt list for Outlook 2000 on this site and how > to use the Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2000. > > http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010450041033&C > TT=6&...

Missing files

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Emails #17
I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) Aries wrote: > I have one question having to do with how long an email will stay in the > inbox until it no longer shows up when you open the inbox. Or is that a > function of the AOL account? (I have AOL email) You have our sympathy. Contact AOL with your question. ...

Missing Emails #2
From time to time my users report that so-and-so sent them an email but they never got it. Last night my VP sent 2 emails from home and never got them. 1. We have Exchange 2000 server, all clients are Outlook 2. We have Symantec anti-virus for exchange server now I have checked the following: 1. in the Exchange logs [reading them in Excel] I can see the 2 messages arrive and seem to process normally -- HELO,MAIL, RCPT, DATA, QUIT are the 5 lines in the log; the datum on the HELO record says =+sccrmhc13.comcast.net. the Quit record as cs-uri-query of 240. 2. I have searched through...

Case Emails
I want to write an email template which will be sent information to a third party (account & contact) to notify them about the service case from within a Case activity. I find that using workflow always put the email to the client, which I really dont want to do. Using templates to drop into an email (activity) I am opening seems to only give me access to global and account templates rather than case based templates I require. I can write the template easily as a Case template, but how do I access it? Hi Jeff, To access case template from an email activity you would need to set...

Missing Folders after Sync

hyperlinks corrupted when emailed
I have attempted to use hyperlinks to other Excel files on speadsheets that were later distributed through a network email system. The email system used is GroupWise. The links work on the sheet until it is emailed. I have emailed this to myself and it doesn't work after making the trip so it appears not to be a path or file access issue. The files I am linking to are on a shared network drive Thanks in advance ...

Shifting footers on even/odd pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I'm using a footer consisting of a rule, and underneath the rule is a line of text. The rule and the text are where I want them on the odd pages, but I can't get the text where I want it to be on the even pages. It is considerably lower on the even pages than the odd pages. The &quot;Footer from Bottom&quot; setting is set the same on both even and odd pages (.5). I've played around, but the text on the even page footers won't budge. Any ideas? How about some additional clarification? By...

Bin Transfer Entry window missing

Email pdf invoice?
Is it possible to email a pdf of an invoice directly from GP10? If you know how, can you tell me how to do it? thanks Ian Ian, You must have a pdf writer setup on your local machine and Outlook must be running as your default email program. Then, to email an invoice, print the invoice to screen, click the 'Send To' button at the top of the Screen Output window, select 'Mail Recipient (PDF)'. Outlook will open, enter the email address to send it to and hit 'Send'. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com To expand a bit...if...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

Missing Message Text

HI, Please be patient as the story is long: I migrated my users from a workgroup to a Client/Server network about a month ago. A network using Windows 2000 active Directory. All the clients workstations are Wondows 2000 professional. Before migration, I exported the emails, etc. to a .pst file and after migration imported the same file and all was fine. Last over the weekend our Active Directory server crashed by a Virus supposedly and we had to rebuil the servers, and couldn't have the users logon on to the network to the export/import scenarion again. After the server were re...

Sorting contacts 04-14-10
I'm using Outlook 2007. When I open my contacts I have everything sorted by "File As" column. When sending a new email I click the "To" button everything is sorted by first name. How can I change the list to be sorted by last name or File As? Thanks -- Rick Morrison rlmorrison@earthlink.net Go to Tools > Account Settings > Address Book Tab > Outlook Address Book > Change... > Set sort order there -- Russ Valentine "Radiorick" <rlmorrison@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:T-CdnUUxuv1vs1jWnZ2dnUVZ_qudnZ2...

Excel 2000 SP3 printing issue: text is either rotated (each individual letter) or small or not even there
This is regarding Excel 2000 running on a Windows 2000 Professional system. One of my users is having an issue printing from Excel. The document appears to be quite basic, but when she prints it to a color printer (HP CLJ 5500 PS) the letters in the black text are individually rotated 90 degrees, although the string of characters remains horizontal. This does not affect the text that is colored red, only the black text, strangely not all of it, like there is a heading on the chart, and that is fine, but doesn't appear to be any different than the rest of the text. When she prints to a B...

one corrupt email
Hello all We use Exchange 2k3 standard on win2k3 standard. I have a small inconvenience when I backup. We use Veritas backup exec 10.5 with the exchange option. The backup officialy fails everynight, because of one email. WARNING: "\\<exch server>\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\<John Doe> [John]Top of Information StoreInbox <followed by loads of unreadable ASCII chars> Outlook Message Manager (Outlook) (KEY: AE559D45713BB54A89F083344511FCA0)" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify. Now as far as the backup goes. I know my backup is OK. I can even turn t...

Missing Sata Sources
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

Company field in Outlook contact
When a contact is synkronized to Outlook the Company field is left BLANK - this is a bug. It should be filled with the Company name of the contacts company off cource. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/...

Exchange2000 - restore contacts folder - single mailbox
Our CEO botched an ipaq pda sync and lost her contacts in both her mailbox and ipaq. I'm trying to discern the quickest or easiest way to restore these contacts safetly. I'm system admin, but have limited knowledge of the exchange application. This is Exchange2000 on Windows2000 server. many times when this happens you can find the items in either the deleted items folder or in the dumpster of the contacts folder (result of sync can resemble a "hard delete")... if you have DIR configured, see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246153/en-us otherwise, restore f...

Business Contact Manager #9
Hello, I would like to talk to anyone who is using BCM. Gary gary@schaums.net ...

Deletion of a users email
Hi, I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing how I was looking for work elsewhere. I have system admin access but cannot get into my boss' email to delete this message. help anyone? This might help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF013.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Anne Nonnymouse" <insert@email.here> wrote in message news:c102mq$fnm$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Hi, > > I just stupidly sent a mail to my boss, instead of my collegue, detailing > how I was loo...

What am I missing?
Have PC. Onlyprofile on it is administrator.Me. What am I missing on System Restore. There are partitions that I do not need,or want, for System restore to monitor. But "Drive Settings" in 'System Properties/System Restore' the choices are greyed out. ie; Turn off System Restore(disable by Group Policy) and Turn off System restore on this drive in Drive Settings. I have checked in services in administratyive tools. Botj System restore and RPC and started and on auto. Maybe one could show me what I'm missing. I'm getting too old to remember this stuff...