Incoming Outlook messages

When I receive a message in Outlook, the name of the sender is listed wrong.
 The person to whom the e-mail is sent is listed, so sometimes it is me and
sometimes it is the other people who are cc'ed.  How do I correct this?

Why do you think Outlook is doing this? What you see on received messages is
controlled by the sender not the recipient.
Clarify your post.
--
Russ Valentine
"haakon" <haakon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I receive a message in Outlook, the name of the sender is listed
> wrong.
> The person to whom the e-mail is sent is listed, so sometimes it is me and
> sometimes it is the other people who are cc'ed.  How do I correct this?

0
Russ

[Q] Thread safety and messages
Hiya I have an application which creates a worker thread to handle incoming network data. The thread is created using the Win32 function CreateThread(). When the worker thread a received a piece of data, it sends a message to the main application so it can be processed: void Blah::Callback() { theApp.m_pMainWnd->PostMessage(ID_DATA_READY); } The main window had a handler for this message which retrieves and processes the data. While this has been working fine in my tests, I haven't been able to confirm that this method is guaranteed to be thread safe, ie. avoids the situation w...

Purging in Outlook
is there a purging option in 2003? I would like to purge my Hotmail spam mails. Once you have marked the messages for deletion, click Edit|Purge and they will be erased from both the server and your local copy. Athena. "Banjo" wrote: > is there a purging option in 2003? > > I would like to purge my Hotmail spam mails. ...

Outlook Calendaring Problem...
Hello, I'm working with a group of people which are using a mixed environment of outlook 97 & 2000. They are all connected to download email from the internet using Internet Mail service in outlook. However, whenever they send a calendar invitation to each other it is received by the other party as plain text only. Thus not giving them the opportunity to accept or decline the invitation. Does anyone know what's going on? I would like to assist them in resolving this issue. I appreciate any help on finding a solution for the problem above. Thanks. ...

OUTLOOK 2002 #135
I have a user that when she sends an email it does not goto to her sent box. I cannot find where it goes HELP Tools>Options>Preferences Tab>E-Mail Options Command Button>Save copies......... "jay gardner" <jlgardner@ftb.com> wrote in message news:bba601c3ecd7$b8f084c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user that when she sends an email it does not > goto to her sent box. I cannot find where it goes HELP I think the problem might be what I'm seeing here... When I right click a file and use the send to mail recipient, it sends using outlook express. I...

Outlook/SBS 2003
Hello When I plug in a laptop which hasn't been on the SBS network since March, it sits there and says Waiting to Update Folder. How long should I wait? What else should I do? Create a new profile? ...

IMAP4 Outlook XP limitation ?
Hello, Using Outlook XP (2002) with an IMAP4 profile to access public folders on an Exchange 2003 SP1 server. If from a basic workstation (no group/security policies), no problem to see a post with a size of 31 Mb (3 attachments, including one .zip of around 22 Mb). If from our "internal" workstations, we can see the 31 Mb size of the message, we can see the 2 other attachments (downloading and opening them cause no problem) but we are unable to see the 22 Mb .zip file ! If from Outlook 2003, no problem at all... We suspect this to be related to a policy, but we have no idea where ...

Outlooks "Incoming mail (POP3)" keeps changing to "local"
Hi everyone, I have a question on Outlook 2000, every few days my account setting for the "Incoming mail (POP3)" change from the mail server I have specified to "local" and the mailServer then gets added to the "Account name" /meMailServerName Any ideas on why is it doing this, and can I stop it from doing this, cause each time it does, I have to manually change it back to original setting so I can get my mail. Shawn This is your antivirus software, most likely (or antispam software). Outlook doesn't do this. Check with the mfr. to see if they have an...

Outlook Express Attachment
When I try to open an attachment in OE, I receive a message that OE has disabled viewing or something like that. Why? And how do I fix it? The attachment this time is a .doc Word file. See http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm Russ wrote: > When I try to open an attachment in OE, I receive a > message that OE has disabled viewing or something like > that. Why? And how do I fix it? The attachment this > time is a .doc Word file. ...

Hotmail/Outlook
I've set up my outlook to download messages from hotmail. I used to do this with Izymail. Now, instead of just taking the messages from Hotmail it "synchronized" it with hotmail -- thus whatever appears in my outlook inbox and sent box, is also in hotmail. I have a limited storage capacity at hotmail. how can I get it to just download my messages from hotmail and then erase them from hotmail? Or do I have to go back to Izymail? Thanks for any help! - Riche Create a folder under your Outlook Personal Folders. Drag and drop or select all and then the option to mov...

Print Picture Field in Outlook 2003
I have added pictures to some of my contacts in Outlook 2003. What I'd like to do is print an address book with the person's picture beside their contact information. I cannot find the picture field listed in the field chooser so that I can add it to the print layout. Is there a way to print the pictures that are associated with the contacts? Thanks for the help. --David Outlook provides no way to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/...

Restrict Incoming/Outgoing Internet Mail
We are running W3K3 Domain w/ Exchange 2003 - I need to create a network account for an outside contractor who will be here for upwards of 6 months. She needs to be able to book meetings etc with Internal Stafff - therefore ability to view FREE/BUSY. I have looked at 'Publishing FREE/BUSY to an FTP site.' - however that seems like a bit of work for the end user... so I am going to create the contractor a network account complete with mailbox HOWEVER - I want to limit the account to only be able to send messages to internal staff as well only receive mail from internal staff. I k...

Invisible/Hidden Messages in Outlook
For one of my e-mail accounts that I only receive e-mails on, when I do a send/receive the progress box indicates that Outlook is attempting to send 18 messages for that account. There are no message in the Outbox for that account. I'm assuming these are read receipts or something like that! Is there a way to view/delete these messages? Thanks! Abigail See if the info here helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm "Abigail" <abigail@writeme.com> wrote in message news:1130422090.027580.220600@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > For one of my e-mail acc...

Outlook Startup Error
The following error occurs when I attempt to start Outlook on my Windows 2000 laptop... "You need Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.01 or later to use this feature." The kicker is that I do have internet explorer 6.0 installed? Somehow the registry setting has been removed. I have re-installed from the Microsoft site multiple time to no avail? Any ideas on how to get Outlook to see that I do have IE installed. I also think this is affecting my FrontPage install but that error message is completely illegible. Thanks in advance. ...

OUTLOOK 2007
I purchased new notebook from Dubai having Vista Home. While uising OUTLOOK 2007, the email messages make and receipts in Plain text receive in Right to Left Direction. My requirment is default text direction as Left to Right. I think problem is coming becuase of arabic or Urdu language which is set in Window Vista. I have tried all option i.e. set language as English, key board as US, email template as left to right direction but this problem is not solved till todate. I request Microsoft or member in Discussion group to help me for solving this problem. Tools, options, left to ri...

All incoming email denied
All of a sudden on Saturday, all incoming email is bieng returned "denied" (at least that what the sender is telling me, I have not seen the actual error report). We can send mail internally and externally, but no one can send mail to us. Any ideas, need some place to start. Look at your SMTP logs, see if there is anything usual in the event logs, get a copy of the NDR from an external source. Use your hotmail, gmail.... account to test. Nue "chris" <you@me.com> wrote in message news:uQ4HJAkYGHA.4432@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > All of a sudden on Saturday,...

Outlook 2002 problems
I have a problem with my outlook 2002. All new meils get "Automatic Preview" but i dont want that and cant find where to disable it. // JJL JJL <_spam_mrlynx79@hotmail.com> wrote: > I have a problem with my outlook 2002. All new meils get "Automatic > Preview" but i dont want that and cant find where to disable it. Tools>Options>Other>Preview Pane -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths,...

In Outlook Calendar, How can I limit my "hours" view to only 7AM-.
Is there any settings in Outlook 2003, Calendar to limit the displayed day to 7AM to 7PM for example? >From: "=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bDEwMDc1Ng==?=" Paul100756@discussions.microsoft.com >Is there any settings in Outlook 2003, Calendar to limit the displayed day to > >7AM to 7PM for example? Well... In Outlook 2000, I use from the main menu, Tools, drop down top Options..., opens the dialog box to the Preferences tab, under the Calendar heading there is a Calendar Options button, which opens the Calendar Options dialog box which has at the top the Calendar work week options, ...

imputed income
does anyone know how to enter imputed income on a salary stub transaction in money 2002? (or any version for that matter).......i know that i can create/enter the category, but it's not showing on my M2002 tax statements. when i compare my W2 with the amount from the M2002 account the difference is my imputed income. does anyone else have or know how to deal with imputed income?????? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.522 / Virus Database: 320 - Release Date: 9/29/2003 See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney...

Outlook .pst Problems
I was trying to import a .pst file into Outlook (ver. Office XP Professional) from a Win 98 box to a Win XP Home box. In my Win XP Outlook it would not recognize the .pst file so I got desparate, renamed the file Outlook.pst and replaced the file with that name in the following directory: C:\Documents and Settings\Kassam\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Naturally the previous file named Outlook.pst was overwritten and the procedure did not work. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling office and that did not work. What can I do to get the old Outlook.pst file ba...

Outlook/Exchange is Overbooking resouces
Many times I have tried to schedule a meeting using Outlook 2003 Calendar and I try to schedule a Meeting Room as a Resource. Even though the Resource says it's availble for the desired time period, and I reserve it, other user's still see the resource as available and they are able to book the room as well. Then two different groups show up for different meetings in the same room. What might be causing this? -WVMontani On Apr 7, 1:49=A0pm, WVmontani <wvmont...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Many times I have tried to schedule a meeting using Outlook 2003 > Calendar a...

Outlook 2003 time
My Outlook 2003 is displaying e-mails as having arrived one hour previous than the time on my computer. Has anyone seen this behavior? I've made sure Outlook 2003 has all the latest updates. Any advice is appreciated. - Dave Dave <dzahrobsky@hlmx.com> wrote: > My Outlook 2003 is displaying e-mails as having arrived > one hour previous than the time on my computer. Has > anyone seen this behavior? I've made sure Outlook 2003 > has all the latest updates. Any advice is appreciated. Make sure the system time and timezone and Outlook's time and timezone m...

Incoming emails are not tracking
I have CRM 3.0 and Exchange 2003. I have email tracking turned on. At the moment I am only using the web client to test the system. When I send mail it creates an activity and adds the tracking token just fine. However, when I reply, the emails do go to the users box and forward to the CRM mailbox, but no activities are created, eventhough the token is in tact. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening. It is important that I track incoming emails. Thanks. check event logs on the exchange server...it may be that the router is having a problem contacting the crm server ...

Selecting Contact Folder 4 'add to outlook contacts'
Hi, I am looking for a way of selecting a contacts folders when using the 'Add to Outlook Contacts' folder option off a eMail. When I receive a new eMail with contact information that I don't have, I would like to select a public or private contact folder depending on the eMail. Currently it adds to my personal contacts folder and then I have to move / copy it to the relavent folder. Thanks in advance Instead of Save and Close, choose File, Move to Folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, ...

Forward incoming emails for one account to an external email addre
I have an email account in my exchange 2000 domain that requires all incoming email to be forwarded to an external account. I have read through the threads on this site, but they do not explain fully how to do this. Can someone provide me with an 'idiots' guide? Setup a Contact in your AD forest with the email address of the foreign mail system. Under the advanced setting of the Exchange mailbox add an alternate recipient to the Contact object. Regards, PaulB "samdews" <samdews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A59A6E9-C1AE-4297-81AD-D10364847C7...

Outlook Error Notification
Hi, Would anyone know how to detect a email delivery failure programmatically? Thanks Yuen ...