importing old address book from office 2003 to office 2007?

How do I import my old address book from my old computer with Office 2003 to
my new computer with Office 2007?

"Bevin" <Bevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I import my old address book from my old computer with Office 2003
> my new computer with Office 2007?

You don't.
You migrate your CONTACTS.

As posted at least daily:
How to backup and restore Outlook

http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx

There is out-dated information on some of these pages, specifically with
regard to Outlook 2003 and 2007.

The main points to note:
1. Do NOT use the import/export function to move Outlook data from one
version to another - all you need to do is to copy the pst file, with
Outlook closed.

2. Do NOT paste the copied pst file into the default location - paste into
(for example) your Documents folder and then do File-Open-Outlook Data File
within Outlook.

0
Gordon

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

excel 97 xml import

Off Topic First look Office 2010
Off Topic First look Office 2010 In a different list many people expressed that they have difficulties in down loading the ebook "Firstlook Office 2010" published by Microsoft. I was able to get it, of course with some difficulty. For the benefit of others....I have uploaded the same to yousendit. Here is the link. http://rcpt.yousendit.com/791702352/e1911e9fc6d8b04bca9f92ff5bebe5e4 Those who want it may download it. It will be there there for 7 more days only seena Althought labeled as off topic, I would be wary of anything that's offered as only ...

Bug in Money 2004 thru 2007
If you buy 2 lots of a mutual fund and then sell or transfer some of the shares (quantity greater than the original number of shares purchased in the first lot), the cost basis is incorrect. I demonstrated this to Microsoft and they agreed the results are wrong but they say "that is the way the program is designed", it is not a bug. To prove the bug for yourself, perform the following transactions. In investment account #1 6/1/2004 buy 422.9 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 19.00 and no commissions 2/1/2005 buy 795 shares of mutual fund FMIMX at a price of 22.00 and no ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

How to remove odd favorites listing on address bar?
On the far right of the address bar (Explorer 8), is a down-pointing arrow which when clicked, lists recent browsing history, and then (on my computer) a very incomplete list of my favorite sites. Is there a way to delete or edit this outdated and incomplete list of favorites? My computer automatically deletes the history when I sign out of Windows, but that darn favs list remains. Thanks for your assistance. OptionA: Menu--.tools-->InternetOptions-->Delete-->uncheck checkbox which says "Preserve favorites Data" OptionB: In your WindowsExplorer...

OutLook 2003 #38
Anyone out there using outlook 2003. I seem to have a problem and not sure why. In the Junkmail Options if you select Safe Lists Only it should only allow items in your lists or in contacts. Well, it lets all mail through even the just mail... Anyone else having this problem? -Mark ...

Unread count on "Deleted items" (2003)
Is there any way to prevent the display of unread item count next to the "Deleted Items" folder? I'm forever deleting stuff without reading it, only to have to go into "Deleted Items" in order to turn off the "unread" state. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.org.uk/swifty.html http://www.ringers.org.uk Not that I know of. Have you tried Right clicking the Deleted Items folder and using the Mark all as Read button? It's fast. -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook Trainer and Consultant www.pragmatix.com.au My suggested settings for Outlook 2003 ...

How to install Office 2008 for mac if there's "No default application to open the office installer"

Importing Dynamic data

Bad address error
Trying to send a message from our exchange server to my personal acct and I recieve a NDR notice " The recipient name is not recognized". I contacted my ISP and they state the problem is in house and not on there side. Need any help fixing this problem. This all started about 2 weeks ago. Thanks in advance, Ron T. What is the full text in the NDR? What changed about 2 weeks ago? What is the domain where the message is destined? Can you telnet to that domain's e-mail servers from your Exchange server on port 25? If so, can you manually send a message? -- Ben Winzen...

Importing a CSV file

Offline Address Book not updating #2
Hello, Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address book. We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server. "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote: >Our clients who used cached mode aren't getting an updated offline address >book. We tried a rebuild but that didn't work- any suggestions. > >We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 server. Check the Applications Log on the OAB server and make sure the OAB is being generated. There w...

Re: Office Mac 2008
Hi Neil - Our question could be interpreted in more than one way:-) Regardless of Edition, each *license* permits installation on one "fixed location" system & one "portable" system. The licensee of the software is entitled to be using it on *one or the other* of those two systems at a time. There is nothing to prevent additional installations on other systems other than one's own conscience but doing so is in violation of the EULA. From another interpretation of your question, there is no limit to the number of times you can reinstall Office - if you have to ref...

Outlook 2003 send fine, but does not recieve
I have Outlook 2003 installed and at least twice a day, I get the following error message: Task 'Comcast Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have tried ending all processes other than Outlook, with no change. I have tried rebooting with no change. Sometimes it is when I first open Outlook, and sometimes it happens after I have had it open a while. I have talked to Comcast and they do not have any resolution for th...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Publisher 2007 #11
Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. annephiliben@bendcable.com wrote: > Does anyone know how to make a postcard with 4 cards on one page? I > can do this with Publisher 2003 with no problem...but 2007 defies me. All of the same design, different designs, or mail merged? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org In page setup select an Avery template. Works every time. 3263 is good. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news...

importing email

import pdf table