Importing a CSV file

Follow
Email
Hi,

When I try to import a CSV file into Outlook, it says I have to first
install the DATA1.MSI file from my windows XP installation disk.  I looked at
my installation disk and here doesn't seem to be such a file.  How can I
import?

Thanks,

Randy

0
Reply Utf 5/25/2010 1:07:01 AM

If you have the correct installation disk, then all you need do is run the
Office setup - Add/Remove options and add the Outlook import filters.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Rashba9" <Rashba9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When I try to import a CSV file into Outlook, it says I have to first
> install the DATA1.MSI file from my windows XP installation disk.  I
> looked at
> my installation disk and here doesn't seem to be such a file.  How can I
> import?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Randy

0
Reply Karl 5/25/2010 1:57:53 AM
"Rashba9" <Rashba9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I try to import a CSV file into Outlook, it says I have to first
> install the DATA1.MSI file from my windows XP installation disk.

It says you need the Office installation disk, not the Windows installaiton
disk.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Reply Brian 5/25/2010 4:09:06 PM
Follow
Email

Import and export

Importing messages #6

Importing data

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

excel 97 xml import

Importing JEs through the Table Import

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

Importing Dynamic data

Importing a CSV file

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Back up file function no longer works
Although we have previously had no problem with running a backup of our Money 2002 file on file close, we now get an error message saying that "The operation cannot be performed." The filename is the same it always was. Any ideas? ...

import pdf table

log files in folder MDBDATA
is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? fanman36 wrote: > is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? This files will be deleted automatically after performing a full backup with NTBackup. They are used for recovery. -- Dana http://www.woodcontour.com Solid wood and stone PC Peripherals On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 22:15:01 -0700, "fanman36" <fanman36@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it safe to delete the log files that's in the folder MDBDATA? No, you should not manually delete those files. Use an Exchange awar...

importing email

File Size
Please note that this is not your typical file size question. I have a macro-enabled Excel 2007 file that varies in size from 15-100Mb depending on how much data I populate it with. Every day, in order to email this file out, I alter it by doing the following: Select all tabs (11 in all). Select all cells Copy/Paste Values Delete 5 of the tabs Save as a new Excel Workbook (not macro enabled) The new file size is now roughly 600Kb. However, all of a sudden, the changed file is about 2Mb. I made sure to delete all the excess rows/columns. I deleted the one macro that I h...

Field missing upon XML import

Excel 2003

Import / date questions
Hi I have imported a lot of email (15,000) from Thunderbird > converted from mbox > .eml - dragged the email into Outlook express and then imported into Outlook2003. All has worked fine ish- but a lot of messages have the "received" field set as todays date / time. If I select the "sent" field that is correct. Is there anyway to reset the date on an email message in outlook (ideally on mass) - what is the difference between the Sent field and the received field ? Thanks Hi Just did a check, and the data in outlook express is correct. Its when I did the impor...

Insert File
I currently have a macro(written for MS Word) which inserts a selected file from a directory. Sub GeneralUsertextClauses() With Dialogs(wdDialogInsertFile) ..name = varUSERTEXT ..Show End With End Sub varusertext is referenced as follows: Global Const varUSERTEXT As String = "w:\zzword97\usertext\" How can I ensure that the selected file isn't an attachment when used with Outlook but is just inserted into the body of the text (word is my editor)? JayM You can't. You'd need to be using the Outlook object model and adding an attachment using Outloo...

office 2007 and old office 2003 excel files
I have a desktop pc with Office 2003 and Vista Home premium system. I am getting a new laptop and am purchasing office 2007 home student to install on it. With the laptop I can access shared files from the desktop. However, all my old files were generated by office 2003. Will the office 2007 be able to access and process these old files? Also, can I uninstall office 2003 from my desktop and install the office 2007 on it and use the old files created by office 2003? Thanks. Carl Yes, Excel 2007 can read 2003 files... You can either convert them to the new version by savi...

Small Publication, Huge File Size
Win98SE, Pub2000, HP LJ2100. Some publications suddenly increase in size for no apparent reason. For example, a two page brochure created with the wizard starts out at about 310kb, but then suddenly becomes 56mb. Then it takes a couple hours (or more) for the printer to print it. Nothing fancy - just plain old wizard pubs. Anyone seen/heard this? Thx, Scott Part of the problem is the way that Publisher 2000 handles pictures. Pub 2002 keeps your file size down a bit. I'm sure one fo the otherc would be able to explain it clearer but that's the easy to understand version. (I...