have tried all kinds of formatting cells in Excel, I have also tried to save
the sheet. Txt,. Csv etc. but nothing help. It works seamlessly with Office
and Outlook 2007

#1 -When you saved the worksheet as a .CSV file - what was the actual
contents of the phone number fields that are only displaying the last three
digits of the phone number? (specifically - did the phone# field(s) contain
the full number?)

#2 - Is there any consistency in terms of what the "last 3 numbers" are?
(are the last 3 characters of the phone number field displayed <regardless>
of the phone number field format). Not at all concerned about the actual
phone format - focusing on the question of the <display consistency> in
Outlook based on the source phone number field data - please don't assume
anything and say yes "out-of-hand" - need to explicitly compare each problem
contact against the source file data for verification).

#3 - What is different between the O'2003 and O'2007 config (i.e. any
different addins?) Out of curiousity, are the O'2003 and O'2007 scenarios
running on the same machine (ergo - each run separately on the same machine
after install/re-installs) or are these 2 entirely separate systems each
running Outlook?

#4 - Are you saying this occurs on any of the phone number fields or just
some in particular?

For what it's worth - there is no functional difference between the
import/export process on O'2003 and O'2007 and the chances of the Outlook
import wizard manipulating just the phone number fields on an import are
basically <none> to <less than none>. From the description, the problem
would appear to be externally related given that you state the same issue is
present when importing via a CSV file which is a rock solid import format
choice (assuming of course that the phone number fields in the CSV file
contain the full phone number and not just the value being displayed by
Outlook).

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - Importer/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"Opatia" <Opatia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a list of contacts in Excel 2003 and import them into Outlook 2003.
> The list consists of names, telephone numbers, mobile numbers and email
> addresses. But in Outlook only displays the last 3 digits of phone
> numbers. I
> have tried all kinds of formatting cells in Excel, I have also tried to
> save
> the sheet. Txt,. Csv etc. but nothing help. It works seamlessly with
> Office
> and Outlook 2007

0
Karl
11/28/2009 3:33:32 PM
"Opatia" <Opatia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I have a list of contacts in Excel 2003 and import them into Outlook 2003.
> The list consists of names, telephone numbers, mobile numbers and email
> addresses. But in Outlook only displays the last 3 digits of phone numbers.
> have tried all kinds of formatting cells in Excel, I have also tried to save
> the sheet. Txt,. Csv etc. but nothing help. It works seamlessly with Office
> and Outlook 2007

Please don't multipost.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

categories in Outlook
There must be a way to set a default category for use in Outlook? But, I cannot find a method. Can anyone help? Eric ...

How Do I give Service Admin Rights to a user in Exchange 2003
I am using Ericsson Mobile Organisor Ver 5, after installing the push connector, i am not able to add a user in that, the client is using windows 2003 AD and exchange 2003, What rights are to be given to the user in push connector like we give in exchange 5.5 as service admin rights On exchange 5.5 it is running perfectly fine Kindly HElp !!! Rahul Rahul, Please read the following technet article, maybe this will help you. Technet article : 823018 -- With Kind regards, Erwin van Workum Alkum Solutions Email : Erwin@alkum.nl "Rahul" wrote: > I am using Ericsson Mob...

excel 97 xml import

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Export to Outlook 2010
I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You open the previous data file, but then you might mean your data is on one PC and you want to open it on a new PC? Not realy enough info "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5E4A4-1EA0-4361-A37A-ADACC890CBC0@microsoft.com... >I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook > "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You can connect to an existing pst-file via...

OutLook 2003 #38
Anyone out there using outlook 2003. I seem to have a problem and not sure why. In the Junkmail Options if you select Safe Lists Only it should only allow items in your lists or in contacts. Well, it lets all mail through even the just mail... Anyone else having this problem? -Mark ...

Importing Dynamic data

outlook attachment question
she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the body, as opposed to being an attachment Switch to HTML or Plain Text format; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "nat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2015401c45872$8ac3cba0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > she attaches a file, it automatically is inserted in the > body, as opposed to being an attachment ...

Importing a CSV file

Outlook 2003 send fine, but does not recieve
I have Outlook 2003 installed and at least twice a day, I get the following error message: Task 'Comcast Email - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I have tried ending all processes other than Outlook, with no change. I have tried rebooting with no change. Sometimes it is when I first open Outlook, and sometimes it happens after I have had it open a while. I have talked to Comcast and they do not have any resolution for th...

Import DB from CRM 1.2 to 3.0

Outlook Crashing!!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, My Outlook just started crashing whenever I click on the "Find a = Contact" drop down on the standard toolbar. This is very inconvenient, = since I use this quite often. Any reason and/or fix for this? --=20 Thanks for any help, Craig S. Force Design, Inc. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C3689E.34052620 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

importing email

Turning off the threaded message display in Outlook Express?
How can I force Outlook Express 6 to display incoming messages sorted by the date instead of displaying message threads sorted by the date of the first message in the thread? About two days ago my Outlook Express started displaying messages in the e-mail folders in threads although I never asked for it. I would not like to miss any message by letting Outlook Express bury it among the older stuff. Fortunately, the messages are mostly stored in IMAP4 folders, so if I would be unable to force Outlook Express 6 work normally, it would be easy to switch to Mozilla Mail. "totojepast" &l...

Diagnostics for broken Outlook 2002
A computer with Outlook has come our way, and outlook will sometimes send messages and sometimes it wont sent messages. I know with Linux, this kind of problem is very fixable. I would just take a look at the logs, find the problem and fix it. How do I do this with Outlook, as the owner of the computer has gotten himself attached to it? I am going to relay the outlook mail through a Debian server to get some kind of info on the problem, but this might not be enough. How do I get to the Outlook logs? Tom <TOM@spam.net> wrote: > A computer with Outlook has come our way, > an...

import pdf table