How to use Outlook as a phone book?

Is there any program that interfaces with the address book of Outlook
whereby I can bring up a name and have the option to email, IM
(MSN/Skype/Yahoo Messenger/Paltalk), phone or fax them?  I would need a
fax modem with full duplex of course for phoning and faxing.  And a mic or
headset.  It just seems redundant not to use the computer as a phone.  The
possibilities are endless for contact management, not to mention incoming
calls.  They could all be logged on the computer.  The downside is the
computer has to be on all the time.  But for many of us, it is anyway.
0
Gary

Gary Gary;116214 Wrote:
> Is there any program that interfaces with the address book of Outlook
> whereby I can bring up a name and have the option to email, IM
> (MSN/Skype/Yahoo Messenger/Paltalk), phone or fax them?  I would need
> fax modem with full duplex of course for phoning and faxing.  And a mic
> or
> headset.  It just seems redundant not to use the computer as a phone.
> The
> possibilities are endless for contact management, not to mention
> incoming
> calls.  They could all be logged on the computer.  The downside is the
> computer has to be on all the time.  But for many of us, it is anyway.

usually the Windows dialer controls the modem hardware on the PC.  The
Windows dialer has no ability to turn to call over to a handset once the
connection is made.  Some voice/fax modems come with dialer software
that supplants the Windows dialer and if yours is one, Outlook may be
able to use it.  There may be Skype add-ins that can integrate with
Outlook, but I don't know of any myself.  I'd be surprised if there were
add-ins that allow interfacing to messenger programs in the manner you
describe.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

using GP with Cognos
Is it possible to map GP to a reporting tool like Cognos? If so, what would be the easiest way to decipher to the data tables? Thanks for your help. The first thing is to install the SDK from the second CD. You need to explore the disc and look for the tools folder then the SDK folder. When you install the SDK, you will get a new item in your Dynamics program group. You will have access to documentation on data flow. Additionally, within GP you have the resource descriptions off the Tools menu. Richard Whaley has books that can help you, as well. Go to www.accoladespublications....

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Outlook 2003

outlook 2000 help file

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

Contact use?
I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below, company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below. create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, Bill@company.com "@company.com being organisation email address" and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to Bill@company.com will fir...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Outlook 2000 #147
Outlook 2000 Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open in safe mode and I can also open in express. I have tried renaming extend.dat file, removed checks from add-in tab and changed profiles. I have even tried re-installing. Can anyone help me. This is a long shot but have you tried using a fresh PST file? "Pam" wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > Everytime I open outlook I receive error: Outlook > generated error and will be closed by windows. I can open > in safe mode and I can also open in expre...

Phone # Format
Can somebody help me with applying a format to the phone field. the default format seems to be ######### and I am looking to use (###) ###-#### Thanks in advance Dennis, I think it isn't possible at the moment. You could use the sdk and try to use postcallouts which call a webservice which puts the data in a special format and sends it back. Steffen "Dennis" <dennis_ess@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uFrmFMGNEHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can somebody help me with applying a format to the phone field. the default > format seems to be ######### and...

Outlook 2007 Missing Mail

Outlook 2003
Just upgraded from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003. Everything seems to be working OK !! BUT ! On the Outlook Today screen no images are shown. If I go into the customise option, there are no images shown for the various styles. Also any changes I make in Outlook today options are not saved.. Any Ideas ??? ...

Outlook 2002
Can anyone tell me why in Outlook 2002, when I send a message it goes to the Outbox and sits there until I click another folder or wait for a long time. The Send Message Immediately is checked. I did apply SP2. Any suggestions will be greatky appreciated. Thanks Jim Stroyek jim.stroyek@na.omgi.com ...

Add New Record Using Combo Box
I am using 2 different tables: Employee Info and Trip Details. I need to have a blank form open to enter new information, but I would like a combo box to choose the employees name, as there are over 300 employees. Ideally, the first name, last name, and DOB would be populated, but the rest of the information would still be blank to add new data. I could then just hit a button to open the form again to add information about a different employee. I am having a problem doing this and would greatly appreciate if someone could let me know how to accomplish this. Thanks. On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:26:03...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Use Tax
Can someone tell me if Great Plains has the ability to add use tax to a invoice in payables management without adding it to the invoice amount. I have vendors who do not charge me sales tax and I want Great Plains to calculate that sales tax and not add it to the invoice amount. There is a simple workaround. Let GP calculate use tax using the Sales Tax field. Then put the amount of the sales tax in the trade discount field. This offsets the tax amount and doesn't change the voucher total. We do this for PO Invoices with use tax. The tax account is pointed to the appropriate expense...