How to update large contact files

I have over 3,000 contacts in my Outlook database and cannot find any
software or service with which to verify/update the contacts. I am
looking for something like Plaxo, with which I could send out an email
to all my contacts to verify their information. The contact clicks on
the link and can update their information. Those that do not respond, I
can delete.  Plaxo has a 1,000 contact limit for its service. Any help?
Please email me at Thomas_Hartman@condenast.com. Thanks.

--
THHFR
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
THHFR

Clarify what you want to do. If you expect Outlook to update the email
addresses for all of your Contacts you have no clue what email software does
and can do.
--
Russ Valentine

"THHFR" <THHFR.46r63y@invalid> wrote in message news:THHFR.46r63y@invalid...

> I have over 3,000 contacts in my Outlook database and cannot find any
> software or service with which to verify/update the contacts. I am
> looking for something like Plaxo, with which I could send out an email
> to all my contacts to verify their information. The contact clicks on
> the link and can update their information. Those that do not respond, I
> can delete.  Plaxo has a 1,000 contact limit for its service. Any help?
> Please email me at Thomas_Hartman@condenast.com. Thanks.
>

> --
> THHFR
> http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Russ
2/21/2010 11:54:26 PM
Are you always so pleasant? I was very clear what I wanted the solution
to do: allow me to upload my contacts, have the contacts sent an email
to verify the contents of the contact information and give the addressee
the ability to update/change their information.

--
THHFR
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
THHFR
2/22/2010 1:54:35 AM
I see. No. That's not a function of email software. You'd need to look into
third party add-ins or web based services. Look here for some ideas:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.asp

--
Russ Valentine

"THHFR" <THHFR.46rily@invalid> wrote in message news:THHFR.46rily@invalid...

> Are you always so pleasant? I was very clear what I wanted the solution
> to do: allow me to upload my contacts, have the contacts sent an email
> to verify the contents of the contact information and give the addressee
> the ability to update/change their information.
>

> Russ Valentine;126358 Wrote:
>> Clarify what you want to do. If you expect Outlook to update the email
>> addresses for all of your Contacts you have no clue what email software
>> does
>> and can do.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>>
>> "THHFR" <THHFR.46r63y@invalid> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I have over 3,000 contacts in my Outlook database and cannot find
>> any
>> > software or service with which to verify/update the contacts. I am
>> > looking for something like Plaxo, with which I could send out an
>> email
>> > to all my contacts to verify their information. The contact clicks
>> on
>> > the link and can update their information. Those that do not respond,
>> > can delete.  Plaxo has a 1,000 contact limit for its service. Any
>> help?
>> > Please email me at Thomas_Hartman@condenast.com. Thanks.
>> >

>> > --
>> > THHFR
>> > http://forums.slipstick.com
>> >

> --
> THHFR
> http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Russ
2/22/2010 1:57:13 PM
Unless the "missing operative word" in your question is "free" then I
believe
the solution is provided by Plaxo itself

http://www.plaxo.com/premium

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

> I have over 3,000 contacts in my Outlook database and cannot find any
> software or service with which to verify/update the contacts. I am
> looking for something like Plaxo, with which I could send out an email
> to all my contacts to verify their information. The contact clicks on
> the link and can update their information. Those that do not respond, I
> can delete.  Plaxo has a 1,000 contact limit for its service. Any help?
> Please email me at Thomas_Hartman@condenast.com. Thanks.
>

> --
> THHFR
> http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Karl

"Find a contact box" problem
Hi. I�m having problems with the �Find a contact� box on the Standard toolbar. Previously, I would type in a name and the search would pull up name/s from the Outlook Contacts folder first then, if the name is not in the Contacts folder, it would pull up name/s from the Global Address List if any. Now, when I type in a name, the search only pulls up name/s from the Global Address List. The search does not include the Contacts folder although there are entries in the Contacts folder. The problem started after I transferred a couple of Contacts subfolders to another pst file. How do I fix the p...

Problem with Script Updating

Update for MS Money 2005?

External large mail message looping around back to the same addres
Help urgently required. Exchange 2000 outlook 2000.Have an email that was sent to a user and is very large 20mb at least. It keeps coming through our mailsweeper into the clients mailbox continually. When it comes through it stops all other external mail until it is received by the mailbox. This takes up to 1 hour. We have checked our mailsweeper system but cannot stop it there. Is there a way in exchange we can kill the email somehow to stop it from continually sending. Or do we have to get the sender at the other end to kill it. thanks -- Kath On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:20:02 -08...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Outlook data file check
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 on XPSP2. Quite often on startup I get a message the Outlook is doing a file check and performance may be slow. I also often get on computer startup a message requesting me to send an error report to Microsoft that includes a few episodes of Outlook not responding. Any idea what this could be about and how to prevent both? -- Thanks, Bob ...

Backing Up Money Files
Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, rather than floppy discs? All of them allow it in the sense that they don't prevent or preclude it. None of them allow it in the sense of enabling it by providing their own CD burning engine. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q51 for the FAQs treatment of this incredibly FAQ. "Wade" <wstarl@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:083201c38627$333d0770$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Do any versions of Money allow backing up data to cds, > rather than floppy discs? A good strategy would be to back up to second hard disk,...

Update question

Pasted image file property inspector???
Hi, In a process of answering a request for proposal, our team worked over night writing down the answer in Word, pasting images here and there. The .doc file is now so big that it is almost impossible to send it by mail. Of course we made a pdf but for archiving in our knowledge base (.doc format for latter use) I really need to get its file size down. I know that we pasted things with a not appropriate format/resolution. Do you know a way to simply display in a palette pasted image file property (size and type) This would help finding the ones needing optimization. Is there such plug-in...

Linking Workbooks and minimising file sizes
Spec: presently have a "user" workbook of about 70 worksheets. this will be sent to managers. Am trying to make a Rough Work worksheet which will contain all raw data needed for calculations in the "user" workbook. I dont want the managers to see/receive the "Rough Work" file. E.G. Monthly figs in rough work sheet are used to calculated "% of work acheived this year" in the user workbook. Problem: 1) how do i link the data AND keep file size down?? 2) how can i split up the "user" workbook into manageable chunks which can, for example...

How update entity in post update?

Contact lookup in Opportunity Entity
Often times we sell to one end-user within a large organization (Account). I consider the Accout our customer so use the Potential Customer field to lookup the Account. However, I would like to be able to quickly see that Joe Smith is the primary contact for a particular opportunity so that when I view 'My Opportunities' I can go to the one with Primary Contact Joe Smith. The way we do this now is by inputing the Topic of the Opportunity to be "Joe Smith - Software Sale". Then when we open that opportunity we can go to relationships and find that Joe Smith is the Business Dec...

file exist
hi, what is the command to check if file exist ? thanks. Lior Montia wrote: > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. Dir("path to file") It will return the name of the file if it exists and "" if it does not. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com "Lior Montia" <liorm@matrix.co.il> wrote in message news:f053kh$edi$1@news2.netvision.net.il... > hi, > > what is the command to check if file exist ? > > thanks. > > Dir() will...

latest update too MSCFV2

Getting path from the full path and file name
Hello again, This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the path info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that because I don't want to do it manually. Thanks, "msnews.microsoft.com" <fwr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:uzyJa$q1DHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... : Hello again, :=20 : This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the = path : info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am : looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that becaus...

Dynamic Menu update

How to call another file in your xml document.
Greetings. I have an app which calls "text.xml", which is stored on a network share. Each user has different text requirements. what I want is for "text.xml" which is stored on the network, to read a file locally on the user's macine (i.e. c:\localtext\text.txt) and populate it with the local contents and display it. So for each user the content would be customized to his liking. Please let me know if this is possible and if so, how. Thank You Hemang "Hemang Shah" <v-hshah@microsoft.com> wrote: > Please let me know if this is possible and if...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update