How to force special layout of File-as, Full Name and Company

When I enter a new business contact, "Johnny Rockets" for example, I want the
Full Name, Company and File As to all show "Johnny Rockets" and not "Rockets,
Johnny." Is there a way to cause that to happen without having to go back and
adjust the items?

Outlook 2007. vista.

You can control it for new contacts - Tools, Options, Contact Options to set
the file as format and the default name order.

See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/contacts/contacts.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"SteadyJoy" <SteadyJoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I enter a new business contact, "Johnny Rockets" for example, I want
> the
> Full Name, Company and File As to all show "Johnny Rockets" and not
> "Rockets,
> Johnny." Is there a way to cause that to happen without having to go back
> and
> adjust the items?
>
> Outlook 2007. vista.

0
Diane
1/29/2010 2:54:57 PM
If you have a lot of existing contacts that you need to change -
ContactGenie Toolkit may be of interest (there are standardization
functions for 2 of the fields you noted)

http://www.contactgenie.com/toolkit_4_outlook.htm

As for company name (assuming that it wasn't a typo in your message) -
there is nothing that deals with reversing a personal name entered into the
CompanyName field.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"SteadyJoy" <SteadyJoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I enter a new business contact, "Johnny Rockets" for example, I want
> the
> Full Name, Company and File As to all show "Johnny Rockets" and not
> "Rockets,
> Johnny." Is there a way to cause that to happen without having to go back
> and
> adjust the items?
>
> Outlook 2007. vista.

0
Karl

I cannot find the file path for outlook inbox
My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond once I get the initial screen. I wanted to reinstall, but I need to backup my inbox. Since I cannot do anything in outlook, I cannot find out what the path is for the inbox. I have tried to search for various file names in file explorer, but have not been successful. Thanks for anyone who can help. On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:43:29 -0700, "O.S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >My outlook is having a problem as it does not respond >once I get the initial screen. I wanted to reinstall, >but I nee...

File::Open shows no error but file is not written
Hello After calling the following method: file.Open(sName, CFile::modeWrite | CFile::modeCreate, &ex); I see no error whatsoever (I event trace GetLastError and always get 'No errror occured.') but the file is not created and not written at all. It only happens if I earlier load some XML file using external library (the lib loads file using raw FILE handle and fopen, fclose functions). Is there some known problem with mixing FILE, CFile to load/save data which cause this behaviour ? thanks si si wrote: > Hello > > After calling the following method: > > fi...

Outlook 2000 Help Files
I am getting an error message when I try to open Outlook Help 0xc0000005-0x5d49328d Tech suppport doesn't recognise the 0x5d49328d part of the code Two other related facts Outlook slows my machine, almost, to a standstill when collecting mail from Exchange. PCdoc says I have missing help files Finally I have tried repairing Outlook according to Ms Kb article 260200 Any Ideas ? Thanks ...

Closing an Excel file generates a .txt file
This seems to happen with only a few (10) files that have Macros. When you close out of a locally stored excel file (not saving it) a .txt file is generated. I have duplicated this on Excel 97 and 2002. All the .txt file contains is "updating menu". Does anyone know why this is happening? Thanks, It sounds like there's a macro at work. If you open one of those files with macros disabled. You can set your security level to high in xl2002 by: Tools|Macro|security|Security level tab. then open the workbook. Then close it. Does it still get created? If no, then it sounds...

publisher cannot write to a file on a network drive
Publisher can not write to K:\...\...\newsletter.pub to the disk. Your hard disk may be full or hardware problems. The network drive is not full and the user has full control over the folder she is trying to save to. The user can write to the folder with other apps, i.e. word Dan Thannhauser wrote: > Publisher can not write to K:\...\...\newsletter.pub to the disk. > > Your hard disk may be full or hardware problems. > > The network drive is not full and the user has full control over the > folder she is trying to save to. > > The user can write to the folder with...

Force Uninstall
All, A coupla questions . . . Suppose I just want to forcefully uninstall Exchange 2000 from a server, and an org. Currently the uninstall fails because (as mentioned in a previous post) I have users that still show as being on that server, however the store that those users were on is no longer there (because of a disaster). Is there some way to force the uninstall? Another question. I have two healthy clustered machines running currently. Suppose I just remove the object for the old exchange server from the ESM? Assuming I have performed all of the other steps steps (like moving o...

Unnamed text file lost during shutdown
I had some observational notes in an unnamed text file before I carelessly shutdown my WinXP (SP3) Media Center computer. Does Windows name this file with some designation and then save it somewhere? If so, then where could I find this file? It varies by which application you were using. Word has a built-in AutoSave function that might provide a Recovery of the file. Other editors ( Notepad & Wordpad ) don't usually have any form of a recovery or temp file that can be restored. Any temp or workspace files would likely be in you profile temp folder @ Documents & ...

EXCEL FILE IN INTERNET
Hi, Help is this highly appreciated. I am sending the daily report almost across teh country on daily basis. Is it possible to keep my excel file in internet ? so that anyone can read my file (yes, probably we have to allow them, after enter the correct password). also, is it possible to update this file online? Awaiting for your help -Sivassou. ...

Free Download of File Conversion Software
Free 60-day trial download of ConvertMyFile, a Windows program that lets you convert your files into alternative formats. �ConvertMyFile will transform Word Documents (in RTF format) to PDF Files. �ConvertMyFile will convert Excel Spreadsheets into PDF format as well as into HTML pages. �ConvertMyFile will also take your pictures (BMP or JPG) and convert them into PDF files. Only $9.95 to license. Quantity discounts and site licenses available. www.geocities.com/conversionsoftware ...

recent file list & menu
I have created a MFC dialog box application, and I have troubles making recent file lists in menu work. My menu is displayed properly, the recent files are added correctly, I init everything as needed ( LoadStdProfileSettings ... ), but the recent list is not displayed in the menu. I think there is a "conflict" between the App, and the Dialog box. Does anyone hve an idea? ...

Can each Switchboard have a different layout?
The database im working on has more than 1 switchboards at the moment. The main switchboard The 2nd one takes you to an option to select A to L and another M to Z Selecting either takes you to another switchboard and you can select to view a report on certain subjects that are between those letters (theres a load, so it was easier to devide them up). Is it possible to have the switchboards designed differently? Mainly just moving the 'buttons' that you press on the switch board to a different place but i dont want it to affect the other switchboards. Thanks for any help. > Is ...

Help- Can't do full backup
Hi, this weekend i had problems makeing a backup from the Exchange IS. I am using NTBackup on a different maschine (windows xp with Exchange System Manager installed) to backup Exchange 2000 (from SBS) with Symantec Mail Security and GFI Faxmaker (recently upgraded from V9 to V12) Here are the errors i am getting: Info ESE 220 - Starting Backup pub2.stm Error ESE 481 - Systemfailure 87, Error -1003 Information Store (3096) An attempt to read from the file "D:\pub\pub2.stm" at offset 0 (0x0000000000000000) for 65536 (0x00010000) bytes failed with system error 87 (0x00000057): &q...

Not attaching files
Recently I have been sending emails with attachments where the attachment does not arrive with the email. Or rather sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. If I try to send again by forwarding this does not work. next action is try loading the attachments again, sometimes this works and sometimes it doesn't. I would like help to resolve the problem without having to ask people to confirm files arrival. Erica What version of Outlook are you using and what format are you using to send the mail (Plain Text, RTF or HTML)? "Erica" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

Outlook Files
I am rebuilding my PC and I have used another HardDrive to do so. It is all built but what I want is all of the info that was in outlook on the other Hard drive. I need to know what Files I ned to move over in order to have all of my Outlook info IE....Contacts, Personal Address Book, and all of my old e-mail. Thank you in advance for your resonses Sue Mosher's Slipstick... Outlook & Exchange/Windows Messaging Backup and Dual-Boot: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mike" <goff@mtaonline.net> wrote in message news:00...

Paste special
Word 2008, 12.2.4 I frequently need to paste unformatted text and have assigned a key combination to bring up the Paste Special dialog box. Is there a way of making the dialog box default to Unformated Text rather than HTML Format so all I need do is Enter instead of having to select the other option? (With 2007 I have a macro to do the job with the click of a button but 2008............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I am too old to try to start using AppleScript or Automator having grown up with VB.. camlad Nope, the only way of automating it in Word 2008 is with Apple Script, b...

excel file manipulation by MFC
Hi guys, I need to create excel file, add data, look up data from MFC application but have no clue. Automation is for this purpose? Please enlighten me. Thanks. Bob Have you seen MSDN article Q178749? "bbg" <bbg9507@quicksilver.net.nz> wrote in message news:WrxKe.1893$iM2.161114@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hi guys, I need to create excel file, add data, look up data from MFC > application but have no clue. > Automation is for this purpose? Please enlighten me. > Thanks. Bob > > Yes, you can use Automation. This will get you started: http://support.microsoft.c...

File w95inf32.dll
I have just installed Office Standard Edition upgrade on my computer. I have not been able to use Outlook 97 because of an error. I had hoped upgrading would solve my problem. When I try to load Outlook the message reads: Error loading W95INF32.dll I can't get past this point. Help!!!! Thank you!! Stephen ...

opening multiple files #4
Excel will not open multiple files. You need to describe the scenario as Excel ordinarily will open multiple files. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

forcing user input into cells
howdy all... i'm new to doing stuff with excel have a bit of a background in javascript programming what i'm trying to do is force a user to enter something, anything int a specific cell if the user tries to tab past the cell and leave it blank, i want a error to come up, telling them that they have to enter something befor they can continue on with entry into other cells any help would be much appreciated -Thank -- georgi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- georgio's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=164...

Importing a CSV file
I want to import a file into physical inventory. Here is what I do: 1) Run a Quantity report(I don't think the report really matters) 2) I put it in alphabetical order, then I export it using RMS Manager into a ..CSV file 3) I go into Inventory > Physical Inventory, and I click on New and Manuel Entry 4) I import the file...it works just fine!!! BUT If you in any way alter the .CSV file, and save it again, in the same format Steps 1 - 4 won't work...WHY WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING WRONG??? -- Thank You Vince :) The problem might be the Item Lookup Codes are being modified by ...

Sign-in name entered is not associated
I have been using Money 2004 with .net passport for many months now. Until twoday's back my Money 2004 app was working fine. Could login to my .net passport etc. Suddenly I started getting error: "The sign-in name you entered is not associated with this file. Please enter the correct sign-in name or open another file" .. I read that following command run via the command line may help 'regsvr32 MSXML3.DLL'. I got a message saying "DllRegisterServer in MSMXML3.DLL succeeded". Still the problem is not OK. Still get "The sign-in name you entered ...

Force quit
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Closing Word get error message &quot;A file error has occurred. Check your network connections or make sure the disk is properly inserted&quot; Am then required to use force quit. Anybody have solution? Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated. If they are & you still encounter the problem, crashing on Quit is usually the result of one of theses causes: Need to repair disk permissions Damaged preference files Corrupt Normal.dotm template See this page for the respective links in t...

Corrupted PST file
situation as follows; 1. from notebook, copied PST file to CD (using Nero) 2. open PST at home PC, using open PST file...; error msg "not valid PST file" 3. use scanpst.exe utility ... same msg "not valid PST valid" 4. tried import command in Outlook... same msg "not valid PST valid" what gives? TMT You either burned the data too fast (PST files don't like to be burned above 4x) and/or you didn't check the option to remove the ";1" from the file names in Nero's options dialog. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account w...

missing file
need to know where to get msstdfmt.dll file to download ...

data_seg has multiple special meanings
All previous comments were from guys, who do not know about one base and very important usa: the data_seg is used for Inter Process Communications in Win32 worl. And it is not recommended by Microsoft. Microsoft wants everybody to use slower things liek memory mapped files. I need speed - I do not care what microsoft wants. My simple guess all messages with whatever microsoft does not like - WILL NEVER SEE a day light . But if somebody manage to read this - look for samples in the internet of Win32-specific C or C++ code of 2 processes, using the same memory ( talking RAM )... May be you will ...