How do I add Norwegian characters in Contacts?

I use the default character set for UK Outlook 2003. I have many friends in
Norway and can find how to add the special Norwegian characters in the
address and name details etc.

Can you help?

Learn the symbol codes?  Use windows Character map to learn the codes (or
copy the characters).
See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2003/20030908.htm

Outlook 2003 doesn't include the Word Symbol dialog (that I can see) but
Outlook 2007/2010 have it - it makes it easier to enter the symbols, at
least until you remember the codes.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"Alan Vincent" <AlanVincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use the default character set for UK Outlook 2003. I have many friends
> in
> Norway and can find how to add the special Norwegian characters in the
> address and name details etc.
>
> Can you help?

0
Diane

Add Lookup Fields to Entity

Excel Add Ins

Resolving addresses from contacts folder
Hi, How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up in the Address Book? These email addresses show as underlined in the contacts folder but yet dont appear in the address book. Thanks for any help Ramesh Your contacts folder is set to be viewed as an address book? It should be! Resolving addresses works differently. "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:%23p0C$jflIHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How can i resolve the addresses in the Contacts folder that do not show up > in the Address Book? These...

Add on

POS 2009 Add-In: Populating a Task Pad

Add-in cannot be loaded OL07

Select Names Listing for Sending Emails to Contacts
My Outlook 2002 Contacts list is set up to show last names first, and contacts are filed accordingly. However, when I compose an email and try to Select Name, the contacts are listed with first names first. How can I correct this so that contacts will be listed last name first there, also? Tools, e-mail accounts, view /modify address books - properties of outlook address book - choose 'file as' and close. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other viruses sent to you....see ht...

Format text to add character

Add File menu to custom toolbar

Auto-Numb. should allow numbers and more than 3 characters in pref
Many of our customers wants to set for quotes the following prefix for Auto-Numbering: AN05-.... It should be possible to add more than 3 characters in the prefix AND allow to insert numbers. I already know the TechKnowledge Document ID: 32467. But I do not consider it as a solution for the request. Kind regards Bernd see.. http://blogs.msdn.com/mikemill/archive/2005/09/19/471414.aspx All about Microsoft CRM 3.0- read http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com "Bernd" wrote: > Many of our customers wants to set for quotes the following prefix for > Auto-Numbering: > A...

add a DC in a LegSite

excel add-ons

Importing contacts and connecting them to the related customer
After several attempts I finally succeeded in importing my accounts from Outlook. Now, I'm trying to import the contacts from Outlook into CRM 3.0. Simply importing the contacts works fine, but I want to connect my contacts directly to the account. The bulk import offers this possibility but what data does it expect to make the connection? I've tried the account name but import fails for each line with error message 0x8004032d (Data in row does not match the import type) "Arthur Vuijk" <Arthur Vuijk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02FCC072-4603-...

Map Add-On?

How to edit Contact?
I have my address book open in Entourage. I select a contact I want to edit, but I can't edit! "Edit This Contact" brings up a window, but I can't edit it. There's no insertion point. I know I'm overlooking a route to the edit function, but it's not obvious. What am I missing? Ken Click on one of the panels. You can't edit the Summary, but all the other panels across the top of the Edit window are editable. On 10/10/05 9:59 AM, "Ken Spiker" wrote: > I have my address book open in Entourage. I select a contact I want to edit, > but I c...

Add ContractLine Entity in Menu
Hi, Is it possible to add a shortcut in the Service Menu to the ContractLine Entity? I really appreciate if someone could help. Regards, Alcides ...

Wide characters and Unicode
OK, so if I look at UTF8 specification and other Unicode documentation I see that a Unicode character may in fact take more than 2 bytes (WCHAR). See e.g.: http://www.flounder.com/utf8.htm (Joe Newcomer - thanks) for nice UTF8 table. So what happens in such a case? Does ::MultiByteToWideChar(CP_UTF8, ...) return anything useful if it encounters such characters? What languages... produce characters in that range? Cheers, Henryk Birecki First of all, WCHAR and UTF-8 are not the same thing. WCHAR is a character encoded in UTF-16. (Well, strictly speaking, not exactly a character. But this i...

Outlook 2007 Contacts, Activities tab
Hi, I just found the Activities button for Outlook contacts. It would be really cool, but for me it's incredibly slow, much slower than when I do a search for that person using Windows Search. Do you know if contacts-activities uses -- or can be configured to use -- Windows Search? Thanks, Doug -- hanhartd http://forums.slipstick.com No, it can't. Generally speaking, once it does the search its much faster for at least the next few days. Because you're searching in a window, you can go work on other things in Outlook while the search completes. -- D...

Allow Numeric Characters Only In A Cell
Hello! I am wanting to both limit a cell to numeric entry only and require 12-digits. Example of typical entry: 01-2005-12345. I have to ensure that the zero will show up at the start if that is what they need to enter and the dashes must fall in the string as shown. I do not want the user to have to key the dashes. I currently have been able to use "Format Cells" to ensure the zero shows up and the dashes automatically insert into the string by using custom format and 0#-####-##### , but I am not able to require 12-digits and limit to numeric entry only. Any help would be g...

Problem- add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection & Publis
I have a problem with Outlook 2007 and the add-in Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing. This add-in worked when I first installed Outlook 2007 when installing Office 2007 Enterprise. The add-in created a sub-folder in my Inbox named Data Collection Replies and worked well until about 6 weeks ago. Now I can’t get the add-in to work at all even though it appears in the list of COM.adds in Outlook 2007. More perplexing is the error message I now receive EVERY time I click on any email message to read it. The message is titled ‘Custom UI Runtime Error in...