hotmail contacts in hotmail

I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and
they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to
contacts they are there.  Please advise

on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section
is broke.  for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times
the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't
locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool
is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older
computers and got the same result the older two computer had been purchased
at best buy and the upgrade vista and xp ultimate/pro editions purchased at
sams

thanks
josh

How did you import them? If you are using Outlook 2003/2007, you can use the
outlook connector to link the contacts to outlook.

If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when
you click on the To button, check these settings:

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book is checked?

If this is grayed out...

Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

If you are using Outlook 2007 and the the checkbox is grayed, you'll need to
make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book service due to
a bug.

I have no idea what the deal is with the keys - we're just volunteers here
and don't have anything to do with the key verification.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"what's up with MS" <what's up with MS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:74C47A53-E9FB-439D-B189-D402ADB541D7@microsoft.com...
> I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and
> they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to
> contacts they are there.  Please advise
>
> on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help
> section
> is broke.  for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4
> times
> the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't
> locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the
> tool
> is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older
> computers and got the same result the older two computer had been
> purchased
> at best buy and the upgrade vista and xp ultimate/pro editions purchased
> at
> sams
>
> thanks
> josh

0
Diane

hotmail contacts in hotmail
I've imported my contacts from hotmail to outlook,,,I go to do a email and they don't show up if I click the to or cc or bc buttons but if I move to contacts they are there. Please advise on a seperate note the ms tool for verifying product key in the help section is broke. for fun I ran it on 4 new computers i got thru hp and all 4 times the verify tool didn't find the key and when I imputed the key it couldn't locate it...so either MS is trying to make some additional money or the tool is broke....to take it one more step further I ran it on 2 other older c...

Outlook Connector (v12) -NOW- Hotmail Connector (v14) ?
It apears that the legacy OUTLOOK CONNECTOR "OC" has been superceded by HOTMAIL CONNECTOR "HC" (V14.0 4/20/2010) to incorporate Outlook 2010 integration etc. 32bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f 64bit ----- http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8a31fbf4-f4bf-4751-954b-5b36d80ec375 Microsoft did a dirty on users of this plugin by forcing us to a bugged upgrade process and at least one user of the new HC claimed that it is 'c...

"collecting data via email" when recipient uses Hotmail or Yahoo
I have used feature and it works great if recipeint submits via Outlook to my Outlook 2007, however I am not able to utilize the features with emails recieved back from Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Hotmail, even though "your recipients oneed only have an e-mail client program that accepts HTML" p. 304. I recieve the submitted form but it fails to update the table even if I try the button, unless of course the email is recieved from a Outlook based email recipient. Am I alone with this problem or does it actually work with Hotmail and Yahoo? Our school would benefit gre...

Task Pane Integration with CRM Contact Records
Hi, I am still new to CRM and recently saw the ability for an Office 2003 users, say in Word, to use the Shared Workspace Pane (I think) to connect to CRM and create merged documents using XML tags. The user would bring up the template which had the tags, then in the shared workspace pane choose a button (?) to access CRM then pick a contact record and it merged into the template, sort of DDE style I think? I think the system required SharePoint, BizTalk, Integration Framework and CRM with Office 2003, but this is where I am very fuzzy. We do not require Sharepoint in this installi...

Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager #2
Previous answer--thank you: :If you're talking about Business Contact Manager, it is not backwards compatible with previous versions of Outlook." So if we take on Outlook 2003 and the Business Contact Manager, we are not going to be able to import all the previous contact files, data, etc.? And if I need to send someone a calendar and they only have Outlook 2002, they are not going to be able to read it? ...

Users to Contacts in separate Exchange servers.
Hey all I have two exchange 2003 servers in separate domains that must remain separate. For the past year I've been using CSVDE to export and import AD users from one exchange server into a contacts OU on the other. All this so users of each domain can select contacts out of the GAL instead of using the SMTP address. Is there a better/easier/automated way this can be done without using a costly third party tool? Thanks for the help James I presume when you say "separate domains" you also mean "separate forests" (and organizations), otherwise yo...

Hotmail ID
Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before you can use WLM? TIA B.W. No. Not necessary. "B.W." <bbwaller@hotmail.comxxx> wrote in message news:6018CBE5-A24B-4E52-BCFA-D46E7C7E753F@microsoft.com... > Am I correct in thinking that you must have a Hotmail account (ID) before > you can use WLM? > > TIA > > B.W. Hi, B.W. No, you don't have to have a Hotmail Account. I don't have one. You don't have to have any email account at all to run WLM - but since email is WLM's prime purpos...

Hotmail account will not function within Outlook 2002
When I try to use my Hotmail account in Outlook 2002 I receive timeouts errors that state: There may be server or network problems or your timeout interval may be too short. also Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' My Pop3 accounts work just fine. Please help... are you using a firewall or proxy server? what about antivirus software with email scanning enabled? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://...

Outlook 2010 & Hotmail connector
I recently installed the 2010 RTM version of Office and was told I needed to update the Outlook Connector for my hotmail account. I noticed after the update (version 14) that I'm getting the new message ding and desktop alert preview window for messages that arrive in my hotmail account (with exchange being my primary). This was not how it used to be and I'm wondering if there is a way to turn it off? I'm guessing the majority of people will like this feature but I don't need to be notified all the time mail comes into my secondary hotmail account. Thanks ...

Outlook 2007 wont send emails when using contacts
If i select people in my contacts to send out an email, it wont send. It just gives me a parameter error. But, if i manually type the same email, it will work. I looked in the contacts, and the email addresses are correct. I did notice, however, that when i select a contact, outlook puts ' ' around the addresses. When i removed the ' ' it works. Could this be the issues? If so, how do i fix this? You didn't specify the method used for recipient selection. How were these Contacts created? Are their email addresses resolved? -- Russ Valentine "turbowrx...

Exchange to Hotmail
I have a Exchange 2003 box running, with appropriate IP addresses and Pointer Records out on the internet. When I send emails to a Hotmail account, say myaddress@hotmail.com, some of the emails go through, while some don't. For example: Message 1: (This message DOES NOT get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: 2212 Body: test Message 2: (This message DOES get through to the hotmail recipient) From: myaddress@exchangeserver.com To: myaddress@hotmail.com Subject: Test Message 3 Body: Test Message 3 -----Urspr´┐Żngliche N...

Preventing dupes created by hotmail sent items?
I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal Folder along with a copy in the sent items folder in the hotmail folders. How do i stop outlook from saving a copy in the personal sent items folder for hotmail ONLY. I still want sent messages from my pop3 accounts to be saved there. Regards, n Nibi <neebster@gmail.com> wrote: > I've noticed every time i send a message using my hotmail account via > outlook 2007, it saves a copy in the Sent Items folder under Personal > Folder al...

Syncronizing Outlook Contacts with Quick Books Pro
I am unable to get "home" addresses in Outlook Contacts to show up in Quick Books Pro. Only the "business" addresses show up. HELP!!!! ...

URGENT
Hi, I have outlook 2003. For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail account properly. it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and then nothing after that. Does any one know how to fix this? Thanks Gavin Gav wrote: > I have outlook 2003. For a while now it will not sync with my hotmail > account properly. it downloads all my emails up to about September 2009 and > then nothing after that. Does any one know how to fix this? A just how long is "awhile"? Half a year, maybe? Cutoff for DAV access to Hotmail ended on September 1, 20...

'Over-synchronising' CRM contacts to Outlook
I am the Administrator for around 130 users of CRM. Many of our users deal with the same contacts in CRM (eg; 1 contact record can have multiple contacts within our department). To show this in CRM, we have created a customized entity (linked to a contact) which allows multiple "owners/contacts" of a record. We have also modified the System View of My Contacts to show contact records which have a Business Contact of the current user. (eg; if you assign yourself via the customized entity which is linked to the contact, the contact details are listed on the My Contacts view)....

Picture with your Contacts
Is it possible to add pictures to a contact. When I use Windows Explorer to view a contact I can see the picture that I associated with that contact but when I'm in Windows Live Mail I can't. If it makes a difference I also use Windows 7. Don Hello Don, WLM's contacts are stored in a database and not viewable in Windows Explorer(only in WLM and WLMsgr). The contacts one sees in Windows 7 should be the contacts migrated(for backward compatibility) from an earlier o/s(upgrade from Vista) or copied or imported to that Contact folder. The current version of WLM a...

wlm hotmail
Hello From france, english not evident..... windows 7, windows live mail and hotmail with messenger I asked to my wlmail to use contacts from hotmail worked perfectly bur now every time I try to access hotmail through windows live messenger, I am redirected to windows live mail how to regain access to hotmail ? Thanks -- Asinus asinum fricat To access Hotmail via the webmail interface: Open your browser (probably Internet Explorer). Navigate to mail.live.com, and sign into your Hotmail account. "AlainPasDeSpam" <AlainPasDeSpam@mandarine.fr> wrote i...

Duplicate Contact List When you open a PAB fileOutlook 2002
I have duplicate contact list displayed in Personal Address Book (Outlook 2002) On knowlage base I found article # 282630 about this issue. When I fallow the instructions under "keep personal address in" I have just the option for Contacts and not for "Personal Address Book" Why ? I uninstall / reinstall PAB and I still don't have the option to chose Personal Address Book Outlook has not used a PAB for years. Any reason you are? Outlook stores all Contacts in the Contacts Folder and uses the Outlook Address Book Service to display them. Where do your Contacts current...

Updating ConversationTopic and DisplayName in a contact item
Hi, We use a contact database that has been corrupt for several reasons. I am trying to update different fields cause number of them have some spaces before and after like 'FullName' I see that the Conversation topic and the DisplayName field still have some spaces and I read somewhere that the ConversationTopic field is a read only field. This is a piece of my code : ----------------------- For Each folderitem In oFolder.Items ) If oFolder = "Account Profiles" Then Set MyItem = Objsession.getmessage(folderitem.EntryI...

Hotmail's server error: responded "redirect"
I have a Hotmail account that I configured with Outlook 2003 to synchronize/download, but almost everytime it gives me the following error: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'Outlook's request to the server failed. The server responded 'Redirect'. ' What can I do to solve the problem? JC Portillo ...

Retreiving hotmail with outlook
Does anyone knows how to fix this: When I receive an email that is about 250K or more in my Hotmail Inbox I cannot retreive it using Outlook. There is always an error "contacting the server" ...

Lost Contact and Notes
We have lost one contact and the associated notes. We have a full SQL Backup with the contact and notes within but how do I access this data on a test system in the quickest time frame. I really need the notes. I would just restore the SQL BU to a new DB (named anything BUT _MSCRM, of course). You should then be able to find the contactid {GUID} in the ContactBase table for the contact that was deleted. (Select contactid from ContactBase where firstname like "Dav%" and lastname like "Carr%" for example.) Then use that GUID in the where clause to select the notes, fo...

Contacts #23
I have a user on Outlook XP and in her contacts she has about 15 sub categories, such as attornies, friends, co-workers, etc. When she clicks on the global address book and under the field "show names for" which usually defaults to the GAL, and scrolls to the bottom to find her contacts the only contacts listed is her main one. None of the sub contact groups are listed. On my Outlook both my sub contact groups are listed plus my default contact list. Any ideas? Thanks. Anthony Sounds like she's using categories to organize all her contacts in one folder, and you'...

Hotmail
Did anybody notice slowness in delivering mails to Hotmail accounts in the last 48 hours? My server used to deliver mails to hotmail instantly now its taking some time (1-2 hours in some cases.) -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA Hi, YES, I also experienced some delays with HOTMAIL. I think they were having some trouble. Now it's fine again. regards, Jack "Nawar75" schreef: > > Did anybody notice slowness in delivering mails to Hotmail accounts in the > last 48 hours? > My server used to deliver mails to hotmail instantly now its takin...

No option to "send mail to contact" from OWA Public contact folder
We have a 2003 Exchange server and have a public folder which contains a shared contact list for our company. The option to "Send Mail to contact" is greyed out. The server has been in a couple of months and replaced a 2000 Exchange Server. I could have sworn we had the ability to send from the public contact folder in the earlier version. Do I need to make any configuration changes to get this to work? ...