Export to XLS error: A file error has occurred...

Running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate and Office 2003

When I try to export my contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet, the following
message appears:
Title Bar: Translation Error
Text: A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to save
a field map.
The file "C:\Documents and
Settings\ReleaseEngineer.MACROVISION\Application Data\Microsoft
Excel.ADR" was not found by the translator. Check the spelling of the
file name and path. If the file is on a network or an external device,
the volume must be mounted and registered with the system.

Huh? MACROVISION? Documents and Settings? What is going on here and how
can I fix this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
geistman
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
geistman

Do a google search on the term "ReleaseEngineer.MACROVISION"

First you'll find that you are not alone with this issue and second you'll
also find that this is nothing specific to Outlook but has everything to
do with your system. In fact, not one of the items I quickly scanned
related to RE.M referenced Outlook but all had identical kinds
of issues with other software. In short, you're going to have to go
back and review what has been installed on your system with one
certainty, whereever the issue emanates from - it's not from Outlook.

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPort/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2010"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"geistman" <geistman.46cj9a@invalid> wrote in message

> Running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate and Office 2003
>
> When I try to export my contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet, the following
> message appears:
> Title Bar: Translation Error
> Text: A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to save
> a field map.
> The file "C:\Documents and
> Settings\ReleaseEngineer.MACROVISION\Application Data\Microsoft
> Excel.ADR" was not found by the translator. Check the spelling of the
> file name and path. If the file is on a network or an external device,
> the volume must be mounted and registered with the system.
>
> Huh? MACROVISION? Documents and Settings? What is going on here and how
> can I fix this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> --
> geistman
> http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Karl
2/14/2010 1:57:53 AM
ReleaseEngineer.MACROVISION is the computer user account. Are you logging
into the macrovision domain?

Rerun set up and see if the export filters were installed.

"geistman" <geistman.46cj9a@invalid> wrote in message

> Running Win 7 64-bit Ultimate and Office 2003
>
> When I try to export my contacts to an Excel Spreadsheet, the following
> message appears:
> Title Bar: Translation Error
> Text: A file error has occurred in the translator while trying to save
> a field map.
> The file "C:\Documents and
> Settings\ReleaseEngineer.MACROVISION\Application Data\Microsoft
> Excel.ADR" was not found by the translator. Check the spelling of the
> file name and path. If the file is on a network or an external device,
> the volume must be mounted and registered with the system.
>
> Huh? MACROVISION? Documents and Settings? What is going on here and how
> can I fix this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> --
> geistman
> http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Diane

Contacts export display X400 not SMTP

Export to XML exports single row only

Export / Import Security

winmail.dat
When we send attachments to people they show up on their ends as winmail.dat files. We are using Outlook 2000 on the XP platform. I researched and can't seem to come up with a solution. We are not using RTF (rich text format) and that seems to be the only configuration associated with this problem that I can find. We are using plain text and it still happens when we forward an email w/ an attachment and reset it to send via plain text. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Use plain text or html format and disable Word as your e-mail editor. If it still occours, it could b...

Error Msg: Parameters values not valid
When I attempt to drag an e-mail message to the outlook bar task folder to create a task I get an error message: "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid". The denied funtionality is useful shortcut. Any ideas why I have lost this shortcut to create tasks? Thank you for any suggestions - Dee Can you create new, blank Task items in your Tasks folder? Try opening your Tasks folder and selecting Save Task Order from the Actions menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www....

Outlook error mesage
I just installed Outlook XP and I am getting a error message. ( Can not open default e-mail folder ETC.) need help. Thanks Create a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Scott asked: | I just installed Outlook XP and I am getting a error | message. ( Can not open default e-mail folder ETC.) need | help. Thanks how do i do that.Thanks ...

Error while merging accounts
I get an error stating that I do not have enough permissions to merge accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to merge contacts without any trouble. Also if I am the owner of the 2 accounts to be merged then I can merge them but if someone else is the owner then I get an error message. I have permission to assign accounts. Does anyone know what other permissions I need to be able to merge accounts?? Thank You in advance. ...

purchase requisition error: you are not set up in approval hierarc
We are on Great Plains 10. All of a sudden today, all users are getting this error when they create a new requisition. I validated that the approval hierarchy is defined with all employees. The company record in Business Portal has the approval hierarchy defined on it. I am getting this error across all companies in Business Portal. Kindly help. Hi There, Thank you for using Newsgroups! I understand you ahve some users that are receiving the message, "You are not setup in the approval hierarchy..." I have some things for you to check to make sure the system is set up correct...

Try to open table get this error
The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the input table or query <name>. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly. (Error 3078) This is the full error I get when I try to open a table. I tried compace repair and that did not work. thanks -- Bonni Bonni, How are you trying to open the Table? By double-clicking on it? By a query? Through Design Mode? Have you tried copying the Table to another name and openning the new table? Steve PS. Hope you have a good backup of the database? If not make one. If you can just highlight the database and do a contr...

Run-time error '3265':
The HQclient always report error 3265 as follow when it synchronizing data: Run-time error '3265': Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. anybody have this problem? how to resolve it? thanks. That usually means that HQ Server and HQ Client are different builds (a service pack or hotfix was applied at one location but not the other). All stores and HQ need to be on exactly the same build. All Registers and workstations in each location need to be on the same build as well. In any of the RMS programs (POS, SO Manager, HQ Manager,...

#REF! errors due to number of rows
Hello, I hope this problem description makes sense. If not, I can try again. I have a spreadsheet that imports data from a csv file. I've set up a button to refresh the data from the csv file. The spreadsheet uses columns A thru BS and then hides many of the columns to give an "Inventory Report". This report shows columns like Item, Description, Bin Location, On Hand, Cost, Last Sales, etc. The spreadsheet then creates a final column titled "Extension" which is Cost x On Hand. This final column, Extension, is a calculation and not imported from the csv file. At t...

#Error
I am creating database that will track issues for each day. Issues can be in 4 different statuses: Open, Assigned, Pending and Closed. At the end of the day I would like to create a report that will show me all issues opened for a specific day. I have fields called Time Open and Time closed (set in general date format) and Time difference where I am calculating time difference between opened and closed issue. I would like to show on my report all issues and since there is no closed time defined for Open, Assign and Pending status I am receiving an error message “#Error” in my repor...

How do I email a hyperlink to a program file with a website as a parameter
Hi all, We're trying to email a hyperlink to a program file on a persons C: drive which by itself works fine. But when we append a parameter in the form of http://website.com then it thinks the entire link is a website and chokes. What we're trying to do start a Citrix ICA file from an email and feed it a dynamic website. The full link is "C:\Program Files\Citrix\ICA Client\wfica32.exe" \\server\share\IE.ICA /param:"HTTP://website.com" I want the link to be just as is but Outlook changes the backslashes to forward slashes and generally mucks it up. ...

Error Message #16
A document with the same name is already open But it is not It open up with the word shared after the file name which i cannot get rid of I'm not positive, but you might have two problems: Maybe Debra Dalgleish has the answer to the alread open: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen And tools|Share Workbook|uncheck "allow changes by more than one..." Bryan wrote: > > A document with the same name is already open But it is not > It open up with the word shared after the file name which > i cannot get rid of -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com >...

Recovering Files
Is there any possible way where you can recover a file that has been lost, and when it appeared in the autorecover box wasn't saved? Thanks for your help. You could be lucky and it will be in your temp folder. Type %temp% in the address bar in Windows Explorer. Look for files that have a pub prefix, change the .tmp extension to .pub. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kate" <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B2E96A9-AED1-4524-B0CF-E4A2EDDF94CF@microsoft.com... > Is there an...

how can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer
How can I get Outlook (not Outlook Express) to be used to send files from my computer? I've just started using my new Compaq Presario 3000 laptop running XP Home. Each time that try to send a file by right clicking on it and selecting Mail Reciepient the mail is sent via Outlook Express and not Outlook. THis is a problem for me as I do niot use Outlook Express for anything but Newsgroup reading. The other problem is that I want a record of having sent the file in my Outlook Sent Mail folder. On my old computer the files went through Outlook and not Outlook Express I've checked th...

Export item ID?

Exporting email in Outlook Express

Exporting to Powerpoint

GP9 Error message
Hi While starting the particular company in GP9 we are getting this error message Unhandled user exception in Cash Flow Management. Failed to save CFM product version information. ExceptionClass:22000 ExceptionSubClass:0 Waiting for anyone's help Thanks in advance Nizham It sounds like the installation of Cash Flow Mgmt wasn't complete, or that rights were not granted on the tables. Take a look at the DYNAMICS database to see if the following tables are present: EBSKEYS POA40001 POA40002 If these tables are not present, please contact your VAR or Microsoft for further ass...

WMP Subtitles When Playing A File
When I Play an MPEG file is some of my other Media Players, sunch as BlazeDVD 5.1, subtitles are shown when I play the file. However, when I play the file in WMP 11.0, the subtitles are not shown. I know the subtitles are in the video stream because they show up in other players but why not WMP? Are you supposed to be able to turn the subtitles off and on? I have read on other forums that the subtitles are embedded in the video. But, how can that be? In one player they show up and another they don't. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:09:01 -0800, Ray <Ray@discussions.microsoft.c...

Missing Report Manager help file
Greetings: I run Windows XP home and Office XP Professional. Sometime last year I installed Report Manager add-in for Excel. In March 2005 I had to do a reinstall. Since then, when I click on View>Report>Manager>help I get a message stating that the XLMAIN8.HLP file cannot be found. The utility is checked in the Add-On dialog box. As I still have the download in the My Downloads folder I have even tried reinstalling the utility again but still the help file remains lost somewhere. Can someone offer some advice on what to do next? Where could the file have gone? How can I get it back...

Export Image Package
I have an access application that has stored .JPG images within the database as a "Package". How can I export the image back to a normal .jpg file so that it can be read by a normal (non ole server) imaging application? ...

Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed
Cashier Time Clock Report error ( -2147467259 )Conversion failed when converting datetime from character string. I am using RMS 2.0. I am trying to run the Cashier Time clock report for last two week pay periods 2/14/2008 to 2/17/2008. I read post from that you change couple of numbers in Active reports and you could fix a problem, but I was unable to find that post. ...