Duplicate Account in Contacts

All of a sudden, I have duplicate accounts.  One says "Contacts" & the other
  says "Contacts in Personal Folders".  I'm not sure how this came about.
How can I delete the latter, without using the former.
--
Thank you in advance.
Phil

Depends on your Outlook version and in what view you see this. You provided
no information.
--
Russ Valentine
"Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden, I have duplicate accounts.  One says "Contacts" & the
> other says "Contacts in Personal Folders".  I'm not sure how this came
> about. How can I delete the latter, without using the former.
> --
> Thank you in advance.
> Phil

0
Russ
5/10/2010 10:35:57 AM
Sorry.  I have Outlook 2003 & this happens when I click on Contacts
regardless of the Current View.  Under My Contacts in the Navigation Pane,
there appears "Contacts" & "Contacts in Personal Folders".

I have just noticed that if I right click "Contacts in Personal Folders",
there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My Contacts".  Could
you tell me the difference between these two options?
Thanks again,
--
Phil

Russ Valentine wrote:
> Depends on your Outlook version and in what view you see this. You
> provided no information.

Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
 > All of a sudden, I have duplicate accounts.  One says "Contacts" & the
other says "Contacts in Personal Folders".  I'm not sure how this came
about. How can I delete the latter, without using the former.
 > --
 > Thank you in advance.
 > Phil
0
Phil
5/10/2010 1:27:55 PM

> I have just noticed that if I right click "Contacts in Personal Folders",
> there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My Contacts".  Could
> you tell me the difference between these two options?

Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove won't
attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane "My
Contacts".section.

If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets do you
see?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/10/2010 2:00:07 PM
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have just noticed that if I right click "Contacts in Personal
>> Folders", there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My
>> Contacts".  Could you tell me the difference between these two options?
>
> Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove
> won't attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane
> "My Contacts".section.
>
> If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets
> do you see?

If I choose Folder List (Ctrl+6) in the Navigation Pane, I see 4 sets of
folders:
1.  Personal Folders
2.  Archive Folders
3.  Personal Folders
4.  Personal Folders

However, I can't tell if all are duplicates.  e.g. in one personal folder,
Calendar appears with the correct background color that I picked.  In the
other 2, the background is yellow.

I'm not sure what to do.

--
Thanks again,
Phil
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
>
>> I have just noticed that if I right click "Contacts in Personal
>> Folders", there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My
>> Contacts".  Could you tell me the difference between these two options?
>
> Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove
> won't attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane
> "My Contacts".section.
>
> If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets
> do you see?

OK.  I may have found the answer.  I had copies of outlook.pst in the
application data folder for Outlook that I called "copy of outlook.pst",
"copy 2 of outlook.pst" & 3rd.  I thought Outlook only looked at the one
named Outlook.pst.

I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.

So I guess if I want copies of outlook.pst (in case I screw something up), I
should rename the extension.  Is that right?

--
Thanks again,
Phil
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I have just noticed that if I right click "Contacts in Personal
>>> Folders", there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My
>>> Contacts".  Could you tell me the difference between these two options?
>>
>> Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove won't
>> attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane "My
>> Contacts".section.
>>
>> If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets
>> do you see?
>
> OK.  I may have found the answer.  I had copies of outlook.pst in the
> application data folder for Outlook that I called "copy of outlook.pst",
> "copy 2 of outlook.pst" & 3rd.  I thought Outlook only looked at the one
> named Outlook.pst.
>
> I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
> find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.
>
> So I guess if I want copies of outlook.pst (in case I screw something up),
> I should rename the extension.  Is that right?
>
> --
> Thanks again,
> Phil

0
Russ
5/11/2010 1:19:44 AM
"Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message

> I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
> find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.

Bad move.  Next time, close them in Outlook first by right-clicking the root
and choosing Close.  Then close Outlook.  After that you can delete the actual
files.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
5/11/2010 12:21:20 PM
It appears to me if you want to make a "Copy of" your *.PST file just move
it to another directory then Outlook won't see it. I did this with my
Archive file and if I want Outlook to read it, I point OL to that directory.
--

Bob Eyster
Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit

"Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> I have just noticed that if I right click "Contacts in Personal
>>> Folders", there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My
>>> Contacts".  Could you tell me the difference between these two options?
>>
>> Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove won't
>> attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane "My
>> Contacts".section.
>>
>> If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets
>> do you see?
>
> OK.  I may have found the answer.  I had copies of outlook.pst in the
> application data folder for Outlook that I called "copy of outlook.pst",
> "copy 2 of outlook.pst" & 3rd.  I thought Outlook only looked at the one
> named Outlook.pst.
>
> I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
> find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.
>
> So I guess if I want copies of outlook.pst (in case I screw something up),
> I should rename the extension.  Is that right?
>
> --
> Thanks again,
> Phil

0
Bob
5/12/2010 2:08:18 PM
Bad advice. You never move an Outlook data file until you have disconnected
it from the profile. Read the thread before you post.
--
Russ Valentine
"Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> It appears to me if you want to make a "Copy of" your *.PST file just move
> it to another directory then Outlook won't see it. I did this with my
> Archive file and if I want Outlook to read it, I point OL to that
> directory.
> --
>
> Bob Eyster
> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>

> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>>> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message

>>> Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove
>>> won't attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane
>>> "My Contacts".section.
>>>
>>> If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets
>>> do you see?
>>
>> OK.  I may have found the answer.  I had copies of outlook.pst in the
>> application data folder for Outlook that I called "copy of outlook.pst",
>> "copy 2 of outlook.pst" & 3rd.  I thought Outlook only looked at the one
>> named Outlook.pst.
>>
>> I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
>> find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.
>>
>> So I guess if I want copies of outlook.pst (in case I screw something
>> up), I should rename the extension.  Is that right?
>>
>> --
>> Thanks again,
>> Phil

0
Russ
5/12/2010 8:20:29 PM
Sorry I didn't explain.  I made the copies while Outlook was closed...just
by going to the folder, selecting the file, & pressing Ctrl+C, then Ctrl+V.
  I did that as a backup when I was going to make changes that I might want
to reverse.  I just didn't realize that Outlook would open all *.pst files
in that folder; I had thought it only opened "outlook.pst".
--
Thanks again,
Phil

Russ Valentine wrote:
> No. You never rename, delete, or move a PST file that is connected to an
> Outlook profile.
> If you want to back up a PST file you make a copy of it. How you ended
> up with more than one PST file connected to your profile remains
> unexplained. It was end user error and the end user does not remember
> what he did.

Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
 > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
 >> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
 >>
 >>> I have just noticed that if I right click "Contacts in Personal
Folders", there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My
Contacts".  Could you tell me the difference between these two options?

 >> Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove
won't attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane "My
Contacts".section.

 >> If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets
do you see?

 > OK.  I may have found the answer.  I had copies of outlook.pst in the
application data folder for Outlook that I called "copy of outlook.pst",
"copy 2 of outlook.pst" & 3rd.  I thought Outlook only looked at the one
named Outlook.pst.

 > I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.

 > So I guess if I want copies of outlook.pst (in case I screw something
up), I should rename the extension.  Is that right?

--
Thank you in advance.
Phil
0
Phil
5/13/2010 3:09:28 AM
Got it.  Now I'll know for next time.
--
Thanks, Phil

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
>
>> I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it
>> couldn't find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.
>
> Bad move.  Next time, close them in Outlook first by right-clicking the
> root and choosing Close.  Then close Outlook.  After that you can delete
> the actual files.
0
Phil
5/13/2010 3:11:18 AM
Ah. That would explain it. Outlook will continue to open any PST file in the
profile until you deliberately disconnect it. That's why moving or renaming
a PST file before disconnecting it creates problems.
--
> Sorry I didn't explain.  I made the copies while Outlook was closed...just
> by going to the folder, selecting the file, & pressing Ctrl+C, then
> Ctrl+V. I did that as a backup when I was going to make changes that I
> might want to reverse.  I just didn't realize that Outlook would open all
> *.pst files in that folder; I had thought it only opened "outlook.pst".
> --
> Thanks again,
> Phil
>
> Russ Valentine wrote:
>> No. You never rename, delete, or move a PST file that is connected to an
>> Outlook profile.
>> If you want to back up a PST file you make a copy of it. How you ended up
>> with more than one PST file connected to your profile remains
>> unexplained. It was end user error and the end user does not remember
>> what he did.
>
> Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message
> > Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> >> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message

> Folders", there is an option to Delete it or to Remove it from "My
> Contacts".  Could you tell me the difference between these two options?
> >>
> >> Chosing Delete should attempt to delete the folder.  Chosing Remove
> won't attempt to delete the folder but will remove it from the Nav Pane
> "My Contacts".section.
> >>
> >> If you choose the Folder List vew of the Nav Pane, how many folder sets
> do you see?
> >
> > OK.  I may have found the answer.  I had copies of outlook.pst in the
> application data folder for Outlook that I called "copy of outlook.pst",
> "copy 2 of outlook.pst" & 3rd.  I thought Outlook only looked at the one
> named Outlook.pst.
> >
> > I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
> find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.
> >
> > So I guess if I want copies of outlook.pst (in case I screw something
> up), I should rename the extension.  Is that right?
>
> --
> Thank you in advance.
> Phil

0
Russ
5/13/2010 10:43:12 AM
I read the thread Russ. All I know is what works for me, it may not work for
others.

--

Bob Eyster
Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit

"Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Bad advice. You never move an Outlook data file until you have
> disconnected it from the profile. Read the thread before you post.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> It appears to me if you want to make a "Copy of" your *.PST file just
>> move it to another directory then Outlook won't see it. I did this with
>> my Archive file and if I want Outlook to read it, I point OL to that
>> directory.
>> --
>>
>> Bob Eyster
>> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>>

>> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message

>>> OK.  I may have found the answer.  I had copies of outlook.pst in the
>>> application data folder for Outlook that I called "copy of outlook.pst",
>>> "copy 2 of outlook.pst" & 3rd.  I thought Outlook only looked at the one
>>> named Outlook.pst.
>>>
>>> I deleted the copies & reopened Outlook.  It complained that it couldn't
>>> find the server for the copies & then went back to normal.
>>>
>>> So I guess if I want copies of outlook.pst (in case I screw something
>>> up), I should rename the extension.  Is that right?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Thanks again,
>>> Phil

0
Bob
5/13/2010 2:20:43 PM
Then its best not to post information that could be harmful. Your method can
corrupt an Outlook profile.
--
>I read the thread Russ. All I know is what works for me, it may not work
>for others.
>
> --
>
> Bob Eyster
> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>
> "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Bad advice. You never move an Outlook data file until you have
>> disconnected it from the profile. Read the thread before you post.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> It appears to me if you want to make a "Copy of" your *.PST file just
>>> move it to another directory then Outlook won't see it. I did this with
>>> my Archive file and if I want Outlook to read it, I point OL to that
>>> directory.
>>> --
>>>
>>> Bob Eyster
>>> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>>>

>>> "Phil Rabichow" <Phil@zz.com> wrote in message

0
Russ
5/13/2010 8:59:06 PM
I've been doing this way for about 4 years and it hasn't harmed anything
yet.

Well, I guess what you say is written in stone? Anything anyone says in
these NG's can harm someone's PC, everyone of them are different. What works
for one may not work for another.

--

> Then its best not to post information that could be harmful. Your method
> can corrupt an Outlook profile.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>I read the thread Russ. All I know is what works for me, it may not work
>>for others.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Bob Eyster
>> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>>
>> "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Bad advice. You never move an Outlook data file until you have
>>> disconnected it from the profile. Read the thread before you post.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> "Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Bob
5/15/2010 1:44:22 PM
The experience of one is anecdote.
The experience of many is evidence. It has become common knowledge that you
do not move, rename or delete a PST file until you have first disconnected
it from the Outlook profile.
--
> I've been doing this way for about 4 years and it hasn't harmed anything
> yet.
>
> Well, I guess what you say is written in stone? Anything anyone says in
> these NG's can harm someone's PC, everyone of them are different. What
> works for one may not work for another.
>
> --
>
> Bob Eyster
> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>
> "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Then its best not to post information that could be harmful. Your method
>> can corrupt an Outlook profile.
>> --
>> Russ Valentine
>> "Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>I read the thread Russ. All I know is what works for me, it may not work
>>>for others.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Bob Eyster
>>> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>>>
>>> "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message

0
Russ
5/15/2010 2:28:09 PM
I concede to u, because you consider yourself always right, and you can't
argue opinions. I agree with your common knowledge statement, that's why I
never mentioned it because it is common knowledge!

--

> The experience of one is anecdote.
> The experience of many is evidence. It has become common knowledge that
> you do not move, rename or delete a PST file until you have first
> disconnected it from the Outlook profile.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> "Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> I've been doing this way for about 4 years and it hasn't harmed anything
>> yet.
>>
>> Well, I guess what you say is written in stone? Anything anyone says in
>> these NG's can harm someone's PC, everyone of them are different. What
>> works for one may not work for another.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Bob Eyster
>> Windows 7 Pro 32 Bit
>>
>> "Russ Valentine" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Then its best not to post information that could be harmful. Your method
>>> can corrupt an Outlook profile.
>>> --
>>> Russ Valentine
>>> "Bob Eyster" <reyster1@comcast.net> wrote in message

0
Bob

Duplicates

Outlook email account, can't delete
I have Outlook 2002 hitting an Exchange 5.5 server on a laptop that I've given to a new user. The old user's mailbox remains in Outlook even though it doesn't exist in E-Mail Accounts\Exchange Server Settings under the Tools menu. Nor does it exist under the new user's account as an additional mailbox. How do I remove it? Additional info: my Exchange server died last week and I rebuilt Exchange on a differently named server. The mailbox that I want to remove attempts to connect to the old Exchange server. Also, I just upgraded the laptop from Win98 to XP Pro and ...

ad distribution group with non ad mail accounts
I need to set up an AD distribution group with members that are not in AD. Is this possible? yes...create the mail-enabled contacts first, then add them to the DL... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brandon Baker" <brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e8zY8Kp#FHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I need to set up an AD distribution group with members that are not in AD. > Is this possible? > > ...

Receiving duplicate emails

Workflow for Customer or Account in Service Activity (Partylist)
My Business Goal is to create a workflow that looks at the Service Type and other values in the Service Activity and calculate billing into a custom entity. This all seems quite straightforward except for my ability to get the Account or Contact that is in the Customer field of the Activity. This is a lookup field of entity type partylist. How would you grab the information in this field? I am using Workflow, passing the objectID of the activity into the .dll. From this I am able to grab just about everything I need for my calculations. Howerver, I cannot seem to get the Account...

No outside mail to new accounts
I have an exch 5.5 , we are moving off of, to an exch 2k3 server. All mailboxes were moved last sept. working fine. Now when we create a new account they cannot recieve mail from the outside. Any Ideas? Check the queues... and tell us what you see. Something in event viewer? Saludos, Pablo Vernocchi vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this Buenos Aires, Argentina On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:27:02 -0800, "Benningtonr" <Benningtonr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an exch 5.5 , we are moving off of, to an exch 2k3 server. All >mailboxes were moved last sept. worki...

Duplicate, Duplicate, dupli ...

Issues sending to Hotmail Accounts
Good Morning All: I have a new install of Exchange Server 2003 Standard in a Windows 2003 AD. I am having issuses with Hotmail. I can recieve from hotmail with no problems. I can send emailes to every other domain it seems like other than hotmail. When I go to the Outbound Queue the messages are not there, they seem to go out with out a problem, however they never seem to get to my or any other hotmail account. I can connect to mail.hotmail.com port 25 and do a tracert to there server and have no issues. It is frustration because I don't get a delay notification or anything....

How do I duplicate numbering on a raffle?
I am creating an event ticket but would like to number the tickets on both the left and right sides of the ticket. Create a data base with your numbers. Use mail merge for the tickets. You can insert a mail merge field on both sides of your ticket. When you merge have one ticket on your screen. What version Publisher are you using. Some early versions of Publisher shows all the merge items the same in print preview. This is a Publisher bug. Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Candi...

How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access table
How to delete "non-identical" duplicate records in an Access Table? Where "non-identical" duplicate record means a record in the table that has slightly different datum in one of the fields, but an identical duplicate datum in the field that I am concerned with. For example: SSN MRN CLIENT NAME 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane T 001-00-2222 11170419 Smith, Jane Thompson The data of these two records in the fields SSN and MRN are identical; but "non-identical" in the CLIENT NAME field (notice...

How do I get brackets in format cells accounting?
In Excel 2000, "format cells accounting" got me brackets around negative numbers. Excel 2003 gives me a negative sign. Is there any to change this? I know I can get the format I want in custom, but this seems to require formatting each cell. Highlight all the desired cells. Right click and select Format Cells. From the Number tab you can select the desired view. "allan" wrote: > In Excel 2000, "format cells accounting" got me brackets around negative > numbers. Excel 2003 gives me a negative sign. Is there any to change this? > I know I c...

Duplicate ItemLookupcode
Any clues on how I could get duplicate itemlookupcodes?? I found a few of them recently. No SQL queries have been run to generate them and if I try to create a duplicate itemLookupCodes I am stopped with a message telling me to use a unique name. How could they have gotten in the database? Any clues, boos or comments appreciated. Thanks for all the help! Jamie W This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001F_01C755DB.F64982C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As you mentioned, RMS Manager doesn't ...

Duplicates!
Why do the songs in my media player library often duplicate or tripulicate themselves, so i end up with a library three times the size it should be. I have on occassions gone through and deleted all the replicated songs, but over a period of time they seem to "grow again" filling my library again with unwanted duplicates, taking up more space and memory. Is there anyway i can stop this happening????? Thanks. What version of WMP/Windows? First, make sure that WMP isn't monitoring the same folder twice. Duplicate songs can appear when, for example, both C:\Music a...

Find duplicates in a column
Hi, I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any duplicates. How can I do this please. I have Excel 2002. rock Assuming your emails are in A1 to A6000, in B1 enter =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$6000,A1) copy down B1 all the way to B6000 Apply a conditional format of red pattern on cells B1 to B6000 where Cell is greater than 1 and all duplicates will be shown in red. "rock" wrote: > Hi, > > I have 6000 emails addresses in a col and wish to know if there are any > duplicates. > > How can I do this please. > > I have Excel 2002. > ...

Synchronising Accounts
Hi, I have Money 2006. I also have a PDA in which Money 2006 for Pocket Pc 2003 was loaded. When I see the accounts to be synchronised, I see only Credit card accounts, checking accounts, savings accounts and line of credit accounts. I cannot see the Asset accounts like Home or Loan Accounts like Home Mortgage Accounts in the list of accounts to be synchronised in active sync. By the way In transaction register I cannot see special categories like Transfers, Credit Card Payments, Loan Payments. I cannot edit or change the previous transaction, but I can only enter new transactions? M...

How to setup an account
Hello everyone, I recently wanted to try Microsoft Outlook 2003 on my computer, because I have heard it is easier to check mails with Outlook. So I tried to create a new account, and I am doing SOMETHING wrong but I don't know what it is. I want to be able to check my yahoo mail and I don't know if that goes under POP3 or the other three categories. Also, I tested the account and Outlook mananged to establihs a network connection, find outgoing/incoming server, but could NOT log in. It made no sense to me. I did this using the POP3 category. I set up the Incoming mail server (PO...

duplicate emails received
I've been receiving duplicate emails. This doesn't happen with all the emails I receive, only with some of them. "Leave a copy on the server" is not checked. I don't know the reason why this happens. Can somebody help me. Thanks in advance. ...

Backup and restore for Outlook Contacts
Is there any way I can backup and later restore my Outlook Contacts? I can export them, but it exports them to a MS Excel file, and then importing them loses all the group lists, and other information as well. >-----Original Message----- >Is there any way I can backup and later restore my >Outlook Contacts? I can export them, but it exports them >to a MS Excel file, and then importing them loses all the >group lists, and other information as well. >. >Click File/Import & Export/ in the box that appears, highlight "export to a file" then click nex...

Delete duplicate record
Hi, I have a table with 10,000 rows and 10 columns. Column 1 has text values, I want to delete the record if they have a duplicate, that is delete all the records. So if Column 1 has a two, three, four,... rows with the same value I would delete ALL the two, three, four... rows. I have a query that finds the duplicate, but how do you delete this? Thanks for your help on this Dear Jeff, You could create an exact same table structure without any records. In that new table make the column 1 the primary key. Then append the table. "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a t...

Looking for Followup response re: linking Contact Info. into Accounts
Good Afternoon, I recevied a response from someone named Dodd on Wed. April 28th in the evening. The email stated that they would post a response with a possible 'work around' solution on Thurs. April 28th. I am still waiting for that response. Thank you in advance. Kristina ...

Outlook 98 Contacts and PAB
As I haven't used O98 for YEARS(!) can someone tell me how to convert, import or otherwise use the data in the PAB in Contacts view instead of the PAB? Thanks File | Import and Export should do it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Gordon" <gordon@gbpcomputing.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message = news:%23f1p3fkhGHA.2...

RM00401 duplicated document numbers
Hi everyone, We are using version 10.00 There are some batches that don't post correctly. When the posting process begins, is getting stuck in some point in the progress and crashes. When we search in the tables, the documents appear in both WORK and HIST SOPs. This case has ocurred before, so, what we do is search and be sure that the GL accounts are ok, affecting the right amounts and then, delete the transaction of the WORK table. The problem we have now, is that every time the batch is trying to post, creates a docnumbr in the RM00401 with the same number and 0's added. For exam...