contacts w/wrong names problem

I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts
"disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples
names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and
john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it.

How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing"
several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue.

Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details
others could understand. Include versions and precise steps to reproduce the
behavior you're seeing. These are fundamental requirements if you want to
impose on others to help you. If you need help, read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375
--
Russ Valentine
"erf" <erf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts
> "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other
> peoples
> names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice,
> and
> john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it.
>
> How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing"
> several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue.

-1
Russ

outlook2000- contacts info
I happened to synchronise from Qtec to my desktop pc with w2k outlook 2000, which happened to convert partially in english & the remaining in ????? q marks My DT pc is "ARABIC" enabled I HAD DONE THE FOLL 1.REGIONAL SETTINGS SET TO ARABIC AS DEFAULT 2.RE-INSTALLED MSOFFICE2K-XP W/OUTLOOK ALONG WITH LANGUAGE PK 3.STIMULATION DONE ON ANOTHER SETUP & OBTAINED THE SAME RESULT. KINDLY ADVICE MOSES-RIYADH ...

Sheet name in cell
Hi all, I know it is possible as I've seen it done before, but can't remembe how! I am looking to use the name of a worksheet (as it appears on th tab) as the contents of a cell? Any ideas? Thanks, Stev -- Stephen Pai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stephen Pain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31479 Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html "Stephen Pain" wrote: > > Hi all, > I know i...

Changing contacts currency crashes browser
Hello, by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashes the Internet Explorer. The IE-window hangs completely and does not give a response anymore. The funny thing about that is that it works sometimes. Sometimes, after waiting serverl minutes(!) an CRM-error report wants to be sent to microsoft. Othertimes nothing happens untill the browser is killed. What could this be? How could this be fixed? Thank you! Regards. Uwe Looks like a bug. Thanks for sharing this. "Uwe Braunholz" wrote: > Hello, > > by changing the currency of a existing contact CRM crashe...

changing name order
How do I change the name order in a mailing list so that the first name is first and the last name is last? Currently, cell contains last name first followed by a comma and the first name(s). Thanks, Liz With mailing list in Column A, try this in B: =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1) And drag down to copy, as needed. This should display the names in the order that you requested. However, the cells which display the names actually contain the formulas. If you wish to remove the formulas, and leave only the name data behind, ...

OMA Problem!
Goodmornig at all! I've a problem with OMA 2003... When I type http://serverip/oma the logon popup appear; I write domainname\username and password and appear this: (see the attach....screenshot.jpg) In the domain controller event viewer I've found this error: Tipo evento: Errore Origine evento: MSExchangeOMA Categoria evento: (1000) ID evento: 1507 Data: 28/07/2004 Ora: 10.16.07 Utente: N/D Computer: DOMAIN Descrizione: Errore sconosciuto durante l'elaborazione della richiesta corrente: Generata eccezione di tipo Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderExcepti...

Writing the Sheet Name to a Cell
Hello, Is there a formula that will display the Sheet name in a cell? Thanks Ruan "Ruan" <ruan@aegismed.com> wrote in message news:uc7oM0EnEHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Is there a formula that will display the Sheet name in a cell? > > Thanks > Ruan > Hi Ruan, Try this: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) HTH, Alan. Thanks Alan. That works great. Ruan "Alan" <alan@alan.alan> wrote in message news:uKw1K7EnEHA.4004@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > "...

Problems creating a PDF file from a report using autoexec macro
Hi, I am using the autoexec macro to run a report and print it out as a pdf file. My steps in the autoexec macro are 1. OpenReport 2. Print Out 3. RunCode 4. Quit. The RunCode is designed to delay the closing of the application by two minutes so that the pdf file can be created. Whenever I run this, I get a box that comes up and says "Print Macro Definitions" Include for Macro _Properties _Actions and Arguments _Permissions by User and Group. The application hangs on this without closing. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Is Print Out the right command? Tha...

Import into CRM 3.0 Contacts?
What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 Contacts? Per... use this way http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/configure/outlookimport.mspx -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Per Moeller-Olsen" wrote: > What's the easiest way to get Outlook Contacts imported into CRM 3.0 > Contacts? > > Per... > > > Thanks. Will try that. Per... "Imran-mscrmexpert" <mscrmexpert@gmail.com...

IE8 problem.
I keep getting the following message when I try to use IE8 on my desktop:- "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have used CCleaner to get rid of cookies, temporary files etc with no joy. I have also uninstalled IE8 and returned to IE7 and everything worked fine. I then reinstalled IE8 and and was able to use Internet Explorer until I rebooted the computer. Back to square one, no internet.. I know that I should now return to IE7 but would first like to know whether there is a fix for this problem. I can...

MSN messenger won't change my display name..
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel hey <br> when i sign into mac messenger, my display name is my real name i told windows live. i change it. but then when i sign out and sign in again my display name is my real name again and my personal message is gone. any ideas? Nup! This is the Word group. We don't know anything about Messenger here. Post your question in the Messenger group. Cheers On 27/11/09 9:39 AM, in article 59badac7.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "just_mickey@officeformac.com" <just_mickey@officefo...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

SMTP problem #2
Using Windows XP Pro SP1, and Outlook 2002 on 2 pc's we have the following problem: PC1 has email accounts A & B, connection by LAN, sends & receiev's OK PC2 also has the same email accounts A & B, connection by the same LAN to the same mail server, for Pop3 & smtp, as PC1 able to send OK by prompts for user name & password for both A&B smtp mail boxes. The obvious inital thought is that user names & passwords were incorrect but these have re-entered & double checked and are identical to settings on PC1. We are unable to identify any outlook ema...

Parsing Problem
I have table URLsamp with a column uri as follows: uri http://a829.ac-ges.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_f40bba6e8c040cee442b8fd57df5134.jpg http://photo.doulike.com/nphoto/SmallPhoto/0/4/4867.JPEG http://c5.zedo.com/bar/v14-100/c5/jsc/profile.js I would like to go delete everything in the "url" field except for the root domain name. That is everything after the third "/" So "http://c5.zedo.com/bar/v14-100/c5/jsc/profile.js" would become "http://c5.zedo.com/bar/" . I have a crazy solution, but it works! : SELECT UrlSAMP.uri, Mid([uri],1,InStr(1,[uri]...

Exchange 2000/2003 Routing Problems
I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our 1 server Exchange 2000 org. I am able to send mail from the new Exchange 2003 server to the 2000 server. But when I send to the 2003 server the mail does not go delivered. I am assuming this is a routing issue. How can I troubleshoot this? Should each server be in a seperate routing group and use a routing group connector? They are currently i n the same routing group. Thanks, Forest In case anyone has this problem my STMP connector was setup to use a smart relay. I had to check the box that said attempt local delivery before using...

faq CArray member function Add problem
Hi, Headcke! I define some classes as fellows: CMyPoint { .... CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); .... }; CSegment { .... CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint> m_PointList; .... CSegment& operator = (const CSegment& asssignsegmet); .... }; But when I use them CArray<CSegment,CSegment> tmpmyarray; CSegment tmpsegment; tmpsegment.m_PointList.RemoveAll(); tmpsegment.m_nIndex=0; tmp...

Problem w/email signature on scanned docs.
When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go with mail from that user. Does anyone know if there is a setting I'm missing somewhere? We use Outlook 2003 and an HP LaserJet 3015 printer/scanner/fax. Thank you Pearl King "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:e5tHJtuiJHA.956@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > When we use our printer to scan a document to email, the email that comes > up to send will not automatically add the signature that is set to go wi...

Separate first and last name in two columns
Greetings all. I need to create a last name column and a first name column from an existing column that contains lastname,firstname m, where the "m" denotes a middle initial. For example, the first row might me "Smith,Joe" and the second row might be "Doe,Jane M". The problem is that some of the names do not contain a middle initial. I got a solution to work, but it has a bunch of loops, and takes about 15 seconds to run on 3500 rows. I'm looking for a more efficient way of pulling out the last and first name, ignoring the first initial. I ...

OL2007/Vista send problem
I have a problem sending email from OL2007, it is intermittent and only seems to be to selected email addys, although I cannot figure out why it sends to some and not to others. When attempting to send to some addys the send/receive goes absolutely crazy, with the number of tasks constantly increasing. The email does not send, and I have to close outlook and wait for 30secs for it to close itself down without sending the emails. Any suggestions as to why this is happening/how to fix it will be gratefully received!! ...

Outlook 2002 Archive Problem
Hi, I was archiving a 4 GB mailbox using outlook 2002 by year so as not to exceed the 2 GB .pst limit and had a need to put all the mail back into the mailbox once I was completed. The first operation went perfectly! Then putting the mail back went perfectly. When I tried to re- archive the files that is where the problems began... It seems that if you archive files and try to archive them after you put them back into the mailbox they are no longer archivable... WHY? I need to archive this mailbox again because the original archive .pst files were lost. Thanks, Scott Archive...

outlook 2000, problem with outlook.pst file
I have problem receiving messages or deleting old ones although I can read them. I get a message with the path.../outlook.pst cannot be accessed. accessed denied. this message would come after a few minutes while the computer tries to operate. What should I do as I have a lot of messages in the file I would not like to loose. The file outlook.pst is there and I could not find any virus. Thank you M. Beraha On Thu, 13 May 2004 22:25:36 -0700, "Monis Beraha" <mberaha@biznetvigator.com> wrote: >I have problem receiving messages or deleting old ones >although I ...

Excel Macro Clipboard Problem
I am trying to copy data from a web page table to an Excel worksheet using a macro. I am doing this be opening the html file, copying the data, and closing the html file. When I close it, I am asked if I want to keep the clipboard contents (I do not). I have to select No manually while the macro runs. How can prevent this? Application.DisplayAlerts = false -- HTH - -Frank Isaacs Dolphin Technology Corp. http://vbapro.com "Glenn H" <hall_glenn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00c701c3c978$cc7a2000$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to copy data from a web page tabl...

Duration problem
Recently to avoid cd buying duplication i started to create a excel database of my audio cd collection , artist, track,cd name, duration of each track etc. I am now about half the way through my cd database and have just started using a little program that gets me the track info from gracenote which i then copy and paste into excel the problem is... The track duration isnt copying the same as it is being displayed for example this is how it should be M People - Moving On Up - Funky Divas cd 2 - 3:30 Is appearing in Excel as But this is how it is in excel M People - Moving On Up - Fu...

Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed.
Outlook 2003 "Full Name..." field in contact screen reversed. I am using XP, with Outlook 2003. For some reason, all my 800 contacts are having a problem. When I open the contact screen the "Full Name... " field is displaying names backwards. "Mr. John Smith" displays as "Mr. Smith John" I have checked my "Contacts Options" selection for default Full Name order and it correctly displays "First (Middle) Last"... I have noticed that if I delete the name and re-enter it, it displays correctly, however I cannot spend the time to d...

Change owner of Contact to Account's owner
I need to update >3600 contacts so that the contact owner is the same as the account owner and then make sure it stays updated. Any ideas on how to make sure this happens? you need to write code.. 1 - write a tool that will read your contacts and set the owner to be the same as the account owner. This could be done in an unsupported fashion using SQL or in a supported fashion using the SDK 2 - assuming each contact created is linked to an account you could write a callout that reassigns each contact to the accounts owner some coding required ============================== John O&...

The specified type was not recognized: name='new_entidad1'
Hello... I have 2 organization in the MSCRM the names of the organization is 'Organizacion1' and 'Organizacion2' also I have one customie entity , the name of the entity is 'new_entidad1'. I need to do a search in an entity that the 'Organizacion2' contains. i use QueryExpression ( this is code i use) CrmService objService = CrmServiceUtility.Helper.GetCrmService("192.168.1.130:5555", "Organizacion2"); QueryExpression query = new QueryExpression(); query.PageInfo = new PagingInfo(); query.PageInfo.Cou...