contacts w/wrong names problem

I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts
"disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other peoples
names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice, and
john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it.

How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing"
several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue.

Please post a coherent question that includes accurate and specific details
others could understand. Include versions and precise steps to reproduce the
behavior you're seeing. These are fundamental requirements if you want to
impose on others to help you. If you need help, read this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375
--
Russ Valentine
"erf" <erf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a user whos contacts look really jumbled in spots. His contacts
> "disapear". Upon further investigation (he has 4000+ contacts) other
> peoples
> names are being put on other contacts. So bryan smith will appear twice,
> and
> john carpenter is missing, however, johns info just has brians name on it.
>
> How is this possible? Import gone wrong? Data corruption? He is "missing"
> several contacts, which I suspect are the same issue.

-1
Russ

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Data tags problem
I have an issue with a user I have just upgraded to Office 2003 and any help would be appreciated. The issue is with a spreadhseet containing a graph. The graph consists of 5 datapoints, the last of which is a total figure and does not have a colour bar i.e. only shows figures. However, on several of the graphs this figure is either hidden or blank and does not even print out. It appears to be totally random and occasionaly there is an additional problem whereby some of the bars just show the outline and not the colour infill. Any ideas please????? Tim Its ok,calm down everyone,i fix...

Organizational Forms Library Problem
Hi, Thank you fo taking the time to read this post. I have created an organisational form library on my Exchange 2003 server as per the KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=244591 As an admin, I can see and use the forms in the folder. Users get 'form load failed' and the forms folder is empty. They have rights to see and use the forms but not to change. Any ideas? Thanks Gordon Did you use Outlook to publish the new form files to the new forms folder? Nue "Gordon Lamb" <GordonLamb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ED7E211-EED4-44...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Variable Sheet Name in Formula
This is a continuation of a question from Ajay. Let's say we have 20 sheets named sheet1-sheet20 We have a column of data with each of the sheet names. A1=Sheet1 A2=Sheet2 and so on. In B1, I want to calculate the MIN of the values in column B on SHeet 1 In B2, I want the MIN of values in column B on Sheet2 In B3, I want the MIN of values in column B on Sheet3 How would I write the MIN statement to use a variable SHEET name? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt Hi Barb, Try this: =MIN(INDIRECT("'"&B1&"'!B:B")) Regards, KL "Barb R." <...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

change server name
I have a server called "server1" I want to connect it to a network that has a machine w/ that name. How/Can I change my server's name to something else. Server 2003 w/ SP1 Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 Thanks, On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:33:32 -0400, "Chris Pirillo" <chrisp516@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a server called "server1" I want to connect it to a network that has >a machine w/ that name. How/Can I change my server's name to something else. > >Server 2003 w/ SP1 >Exchange 2003 w/ SP2 > >Thanks, > Renaming an Exch Server is...

store emails according to domain name
Hello, I have created some folders (personal, no Exchange connection) to store my several partners' mail messages. I would like to let the mails be automaticly placed into an appropriate folder based on the sender's or receiver's (for sent items) domain name. The point here is I do not want specify exact email address, only the @domain.com format and I want also store there my replyies and emails sent to them. How? Many thanks Ondra. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created some folders (personal, no Exchange connection) to > sto...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Pivot table problem #12
While not an expert at pivot tables, I've done them a few times and never seen this problem... I'm using the piviot table wizrd and keep getting the error that my 'pivot table field name is not valid'. Is this referring to the column headings? They are simple names like date, product code, location. I can't get past this to set up my pivot table format. Please help...report due on Monday!! There's probably a hidden column that has a blank heading cell, or you've included a blank column at the end of the range. KikiMarie wrote: > While not an expert at...

Display name in Active Directory...
I have Exchange 2000 SP3 running Windows 2000 SP4 and using Outlook 2003. I used the ADSI tool to change the display name for my domain users to lastname, firstname. I used the ADModify tool to change all existing accounts Display name to have the new format so ALL my users display name now reads LastName, FirstName in the properites sheet. This gets reflected in GAL so things look good. I only have one problem, when I view the users name in active directory users and computers, the listings shows first name lastname. Is there any tool I can use instead of manually renaming all the existi...

Beginning scripting and have a problem
I'm trying to get into understanding scripting and I have a book "Microsoft Windows Scripting self-paced Learning Guide" by Ed Wilson. The second example in the book is the following: Option Explicit 'On Error Resume Next Dim objShell Dim regActiveComputerName, regComputerName, regHostName Dim ActiveComputerName, ComputerName, HostName regActiveComputerName = "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control \ComputerName\ActiveComputerName" 'Wscript.Echo regActiveComputerName regComputerName = "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\" & _ ...

Date problems
Using Excel 2003. I am using dates with the format .... yyyy/mm/dd in a Genealogy worksheet. When I input dates in the 1900 range I get all sorts of problems .... showing as ########### because they do not fit into the column width as 1899 does. When I widen the column the 1900 date offsets two spaces to the right. I can make it look right by playing with the width of the column. Sorting the column of dates puts the 1900 dates in various orders - top middle and bottom. Any ideas? Where can I access Excel FAQ's. Thanks Gerry Hi Gerry, Since you mention 1899 dates I assume you ...

user name and password 12-14-09
Help! can anyone tell me why recently I am asked for a user name amd password when opening windows mail, this started recently. I can't log on. Thanks -- scollins Having same problem only started today . I have trend anti virus never had any trouble before. Now every time i log onto mail i need to put in my acc and password? Bizzare any help would be appreciated! -- seanokil check your settings for it to remember your password and disable trend email scanner.. -- ashvin :D Just chill -pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

re named worksheets which were linked to other sheets
Hi how can I re-name a workbook/sheet that has already been named and linked to another workbook, what happens now is that the main data workbook cant find the link (coz I re-named it) Can the re-naming be updated automatically in the main data sheet after the sourse workbook/sheet has been renamed ? thanks Johnnyboy If sheets within a single workbook are linked and renamed, the linking formulas update to the new sheet name automatically. If you have links between two workbooks, re-naming the source workbook will cause loss of reference to that workbook. In that case...

Pst import access Problem
I am experiencing a problem reading outlook files saved from work(a pst) and imported to outlook at home. These files were loaded to my home HD and folder/file properties wer adjusted to not readonly. After importing the messages they appear in their appropriate folders When I attempt to open a message I receive this message in a pop-u box: Can't open this file. I am running outlook 98 on my laptop and Outlook from Office XP on m desktop. The Outlook98 version is 8.5.7806.0 Any help would be greatly appreciated as these files are important t me. Thank You Jac -- jskowa ---------------...

Location of Outlook name cache?
Using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 SP4 desktop and Exchange 2000 Server; trying to find the location of the Outlook name cache on the local harddrive. Auto-complete brings up names and addresses that are not listed in any address books or contacts; I would like to be able to access these addresses and add them to my contacts (I know how to add a result to contacts after auto-complete brings it up, but I would like to access the name cache directly). Any help appreciated! Thanks, Gary Swearengin You can find it by searching for *.NK2 But you can't access it. -- Russ Valentine ...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Publisher 2002: pictures on wrong places.
In Publisher 2002, working on a booklet and after inserting pictures in it, some pictures appears a 2nd time on other places in the publication. One can see it in print layout and also in the printed publication. Anyone has a explication, or, much better, a solution? Thanks, Hermanneke. Do you have pictures in the scratch area? If you do drag them to the scratch area below the publication. This article addresses your issue in 2003, but I suspect it will help you too Pictures print multiple times in a Publisher 2003 publication http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Problem due to Worker Threads?
Hi This is my first emcounter with multithreaded application. I have created 7-8 worker threads in my application. After running the application for some time my application gives me a run time error. The location where the error arises is not fixed.It can come any where. I dont understand y is this happening. I am facing such a problem for the first time. I think it has got something to do with multi threading. Waiting for suggestions Regards Davinder wrote: > This is my first emcounter with multithreaded application. > I have created 7-8 worker threads in my application. >...