contacts list for Outlook 2007

I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book.
When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab.
The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked.  The
item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box.  I have multiple
folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007
ultimate.  How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this
setting.  I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the
repair function, neither option works.
--
Eddy Jr

You need to make a new profile.  You can start with step 3 here:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp

"If you are using Outlook 2007 and the the checkbox is grayed, you'll need
to make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book service due
to a bug. "

This bug is most often caused by using Windows Easy Transfer to move
profiles to a new machine.  See
http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp for the proper way to move
Outlook to a new computer.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"EddyJr3" <EddyJr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address
> book.
> When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab.
> The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked.
> The
> item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box.  I have multiple
> folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office
> 2007
> ultimate.  How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change
> this
> setting.  I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the
> repair function, neither option works.
> --
> Eddy Jr

0
Diane
1/28/2010 1:34:04 PM
What I had to do to get the entire process completed is delete the Outlook
profile reboot my system and add a new profile.  I then moved the contacts
lists and e-mails back into the program manaully.  I had actually made copies
of all files in my documents folder so nothing was lost as a first step.
Thanks for the advise.
--
Eddy Jr

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> You need to make a new profile.  You can start with step 3 here:
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp
>
> "If you are using Outlook 2007 and the the checkbox is grayed, you'll need
> to make a new profile as you can't add the Outlook Address Book service due
> to a bug. "
>
> This bug is most often caused by using Windows Easy Transfer to move
> profiles to a new machine.  See
> http://www.slipstick.com/config/move_outlook.asp for the proper way to move
> Outlook to a new computer.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=33803
>
> "EddyJr3" <EddyJr3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address
> > book.
> > When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab.
> > The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked.
> > The
> > item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box.  I have multiple
> > folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office
> > 2007
> > ultimate.  How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change
> > this
> > setting.  I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the
> > repair function, neither option works.
> > --
> > Eddy Jr

Exmerge Exchange 2007
Hello all I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange 2007. Can i use Exmerge to do this? Thanks Not until SP1 i'm afraid. Oliver Currently doesn't support Exmerge. Have a look at Exchange Management Shell Export-Mailbox cmdlet or the Move Mailbox wizard. "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFCC225A-9D13-4D4E-B2FA-501DA564ECBA@microsoft.com... > Hello all > > I need to import a bunch of .pst files into a server running Exchange > 2007. > Can i use Exmerge to do this? > > Thanks ...

Conditional Formating multiple cells in 1 row based on a list of d
Hi, I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a separate column. Look in help for conditional formatting or post a more concrete example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9631D926-8C85-47F3-8FAF-FA2321CA5B3F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a > separate column. In CF you'll need the "Formula Is", rather than "Cell Value Is" option. If the formula evaluates to TR...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

After closing, Outlook remains in task bar, How did get rid of it
I have 4 profiles on my outlook. two weeks ago, whenever the first person logged on after a shutdown, an icon appears in the task bar. When outlook is subsequently closed, the icon remains. Any further attempt to open outlook, opens to the profile that was last opened. It should open to a window that allows a different profile to open outlook. Now the only way to switch profiles is to shutdown and reopen outlook. That profile is then the only one that can be opened until shutdown. Can anyone help!! You have a 3rd party application installed that is keeping Outlook open at ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Outlook compatibility with older Office versions
Our environment consists of Lotus Notes, Office 2000, and Windows 2000 with some XP. We would like to move to Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. We don't want to tie the migration to workstation OS or Office upgrades. Will Outlook work on the same machine as Office 2000? WIndows 2000? It will work on the same machine as Office 2000 but it requires Windows XP SP2 or later for the OS. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com "GAZ" <gregzook@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1187417988.013915.126510@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

list.remove() crash.
Hi: I have a short code below which polulats a list with 3 strings and then try to remove them by calling list.remove(). but the program crashes at the 2nd run in the loop (as marked below). Could you see anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your input. Polaris ------------------------------------------------------------- #include <list> typedef std::list <char*>::iterator LI; int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { char* array[] = { { "Test1" }, { "Test2" }, { "Test3" } }; ...

Exporting Email out of Outlook Express 6.0
Hi, I used the export option in Outlook Express but it didn't give me the option to select where I wanted the exported file to go. Where did the exported file go? What's it's name? Thanks Damien "Damien" <no@email.com> wrote in message news:73CLc.1239556$ef4.146953@news.easynews.com... > Hi, > > I used the export option in Outlook Express but it didn't give me the option > to select where I wanted the exported file to go. > > Where did the exported file go? What's it's name? > > Thanks > > Damien > > Did you no...

outlook #137
I am not able to open a jpeg with outlook on one of my computers Please Help from Canada ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Control Z-Order of drop lines in an Excel 2007 chart?
Can anyone describe for me the procedure for changing/controlling the z-order of drop lines relative to the plotted data in an Excel 2007 chart? I would like for the chart's drop lines to remain active, but appear behind the plotted data. The default display for drop lines seems to be on top. Thanks! Joseph That is the default behaviour and AFAIK there is no way to change that. Regards, Peter T "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4496AFC2-105D-42C4-90D8-061C316618C7@microsoft.com... > Can anyone describe for ...

Printing out a list of emails
Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the standard view of outlook? I would hate to have to take a screen shot of each couple of hours to get the contents of the entire inbox (I actually only need a couple of days). File>print>table style. You can print either the whole list, or just selected messages. HTH Mark "Eugene Taylor" <ewtaylor2001@fake.com> wrote in message news:%23mD6sd92FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the > standard view of outlook? I would hate to have...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

How do I email an enitre outlook folder to someone?
I need to email to a friend one of my entire Outlook Folders that I created and can't figure out how to do it. There are so many emails in that it is impossible to email one email at a time from that folder. What can I do? can'tfigureitout wrote: > I need to email to a friend one of my entire Outlook Folders that I created > and can't figure out how to do it. There are so many emails in that it is > impossible to email one email at a time from that folder. > What can I do? So hit Ctrl+A to select all the e-mails in the folder and drag them into your...

Outlook Express for XP Question
Is there a way to have all responses from News servers be directed to a folder? Kind of like how inbox is? Or is not can Outlook do this? No, you will have to select them and move them manually into your Outlook Express folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, DanB asked: | Is there a way to have all responses from News servers be directed to | a fo...

how to filter list based on multiple criteria
Date S/No Name Dept R/No 26/07/09 01 ABC M1 M001 26/07/09 02 DEF S1 S001 26/07/09 03 GHI A1 A001 27/07/09 04 DEF S1 S001 27/07/09 05 ABC M1 M001 27/07/09 06 GHI A1 A002 I have a long list of records as shown above, how can I copy the list to another range with records for "Name", "Dept" and "R/No" not duplicated and showing the latest S/No. In other words, Record 1 and Record 2 should not appear as it is duplicat...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

How can I get Outlook to connect to Novell?
I have a old Novell NetWare server. Probably about 10 - 15 years old. I don't know much about Novell. I have the client installed on the network properties. I can get to the Novell shares. I just don't know how to get the email out. They use GroupWise and are moving to Outlook 2003. I don't know how to connect Outlook 2003 to the GroupWise mail server. It doesn't use IP Addresses does it? It has an IPX number, but I'm not sure what to do. Any guidance is appreciated. See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/enterprise.htm#groupwise &l...

Export Item List to Adjust
I have imported a large group of inventory incorrectly (the bar code numbers had spaces and shouldn't have). Is there a way to export a group of items out into excel, so I can correct my error and re-import? GE, How about creating a SQL statement to remove the spaces. Which field is the issue? ILC, Alias, Supplier Re-order # -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Outlook 2007 display scrambled
Ever since I switched over to Vista and Outlook 2007 if I leave Outlook up and running overnight 99.9% of the time the display gets scrambled and I have to <ATL> <F4> to close it. Most of the graphic elements disappear and the text elements get pushed up to the left of the window (i.e. the list of items in my inbox). It's like all of it's internal mechanisms for measurement go berzerk. After closing and reopening it is fine except for the fact that it complains that the data file was shut down dirty and thay it has to perform a check. I never have any problems with ...

Office 2007 Enterprise VLK
Hello Group, i am a ms certified member. i have downloaded the office 2007 enterprise vlk software on the partner portal and installed office. now my problem or question: when office is started the first time i will have to activate my office. is this a new feature? in office 2003 vlk there was no activation needed. Markus Yes you will need to Activate the VLK of Office 2007 Enterprise -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Markus Barter" <MarkusBarter@discussio...

How to edit Marketing List Members window/view?
I'd like to add columns to the Marketing List Members window/view, but I do not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the Markeritng List views, but the window that shows the marketing list members and related info). I can do it using a dynamic extract, but that doesn't meet my needs. Any help is appreciated. On 6 dec, 19:25, Greg R <Gr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to add columns to theMarketingListMemberswindow/view, but I do > not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the MarkeritngListviews, but > the window that shows themarketingl...

Outlook 2003: marking junk as read automatically?
When I get new email, legit email, it gets put in the Inbox, which then is presented in bold along with the number of new unread messages that are in it. This is fine and dandy, but when I get new junk mail, the junk mail folder also is presented in bold with the number of new messages. I find this highly distracting. I don't want the junk mail automatically erased, I just don't want the junk mail folder to be in bold, as I don't care how many messages there are in it. I only want to open it every few weeks to ensure there's nothing there that shouldn't be there and empty i...