Contact additions from e-mail addresses

Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a
recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all of
these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous
sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts?

That is correct - the autocomplete list contains names you previously sent
messages to. You need to use a utility to save the names not in your address
book - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp for a list.

Note that Outlook 2010's Suggested Contacts will create contacts for people
you send mail to that are not in your address book.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"Ted Southam" <Ted Southam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Its become apparent to me that when I type in the first few letters of a
> recipient that the full contact appears in the Send To space but not all
> of
> these appearances are from Contacts. Some seem to be stored from previous
> sent e-mails. how an I identify or merge or add these items to Contacts?

0
Diane

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Trouble After Moving Mail Boxes
Okay I'm not the best exchange guy so this one has me stumped. Last week I had an exchange computer fail. I was able to get a second computer up and running and install exchange on it. I got all the information transferred over to this new computer and reinstalled the old one. Now when I try to move the mail boxes to the newly installed computer I can't use web mail or view attachments. If I copy them back to the other server everything works fine. And if I move an e-mail form the servers store to a personal store I can view attachments. If any one has an idea as to what might cau...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Sync Calender Via Mail item
Hi all, In Outlook 97 there was a way of sync'ing calender items as emails between two or more people. I have tried to find this function is Office XP and cannot find where to do it at all. Basically we do not want to use exchange server as there are only three people working from a home based business. Any help greatfully received. Thanks in advance Not sure what 97 used, as I didn't think NetFolders worked on that version, but I could be wrong. Regardless, NetFolders support has been removed from OL2002 and onwards as it was very buggy and unreliable. Although there's a &...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

Send e-mail using authentication
to In exchange5.5 we can authorize only users send mail using smtp only with authentication by configuring IMC. In exchange2003 didn't find the way to accept relay only with authetication, excluding my inbound relay server. ...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

E-Connect Error
Hi Everyone, While installing E-connect iam getting this error , can anybody help me out in this issue Error Message: Error 1720 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Thanks & Regards, Ansar Ansar, it's possible that the Windows Script 5.6 update is not installed on the computer. Therefore use the below link to obtain the update. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c717d943-7e4b-4622-86eb-95a22b832caa&DisplayLang=en Hope ...

Mail merge error message
When I try to open data source, edit publication, etc. in Mail merge, I keep getting this message: Mail merge cannot continue. I have removed and reloaded Office 2000 (I have Publisher 2000), and that doesn't help. What can I do? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Bob <jbramsey@bellsouth.net>... > When I try to open data source, edit publication, etc. in > Mail merge, I keep getting this message: Mail merge cannot > continue. > I have removed and reloaded Office 2000 (I have Publisher > 2000), and that doesn't help. Try...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

address book #22
is it possible to set up outlook express 6 so that the only emails I receive are from addresses in my address book? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;n...

Schedule+ free/busy trouble after additional Exchange in another s
Hi, Let me tell you about the situation.Recently we added an additional site to our 2000 based Domain and installed an additional Exchange 2000 Server there.There s no problem with the mail exchange.Trouble is with the calendar info of the users.We noticed a while ago that the availibility info of users in the remote site when trying to schedule a meeting from the main site was absent.Today we had the same problem with our users in the main site.Some of the users availability info is missing and the number of problematic user accounts is rising.As the screenshot in http://img293.images...

Take long time to check new mails
When I click 'Sync', the 'Checking Mail...' takes a long time (about 1 minute) to complete even when I don't have any new messages. And when I close the program while syncing, a dialog box remains for about 1 minute displaying 'Downloading all messages from..' for every IMAP folder. I usually click 'Sync' to check for new messages. And because auto syncing on start up is enabled, when i just open the program to have a quick look at an older e-mail, the program cannot be closed instantly. Every other client I have used doesn't take more...

setting for sent mail
Hi, I am using Outlook 2003 with two e-mail accounts (1) a hotmail (HTTP) account and (2) a fastmail (IMAP) account. When I use Outlook to send an e-mail from the IMAP account, it places a copy of the sent message in the MSN Hotmail Sent folder rather than the fastmail folder. I want Outlook to file sent items in the sent folder of the account from wich I sent it. I am pretty sure that I'm missing an obvious setting but just can't find it. Any help would be really appreciated! Michael friedman_michael AT nospam.hotmail.com Hi, Apologies if my previous post was not clear. D...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Forward e-mails from work to my home computer
How do I forward my e-mails from work to my home computer using the "Out of Office Assistant"? (or is that possible??) Within the Out Of Office Assistant you can configure a rule to forward the messages when the OOF is enabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Rena Bell" <Rena Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352D9534-C3F6-4A2A-9B5E-D595AEED63C7@microsoft.com... > How do I forward my...

Body of e-mail dissapears when replying to E-mail
When the user replies to e-mail, the body of e-mail arrives blank. office 2000. Any idea? >-----Original Message----- >When the user replies to e-mail, the body of e-mail >arrives blank. office 2000. Any idea? >. >tools/options/preferences tab/email options/on replies and forwards? select what you want to do ...

Time mail was opened
Is is possible to tell on exchange server 2000 or through outlook what time an email was first opened? The client is using outlook 2003. I've been searching for several hours and haven't come up with any mention if this is even possible. Can anyone answer this or point me in the right direction? tia, Kevin Here is a close resemblance. First go to the message tracking tool in Exchange System Manager and checked when it was delivered into the (local) user's mailbox. Second go to the Information Store where that user's mail box is and see when was the last time the user lo...