Check Recipient Names in Outlook 2007

I just imported a Contact List in Outlook 2007.  Is there a way to check the
email addresses for errors before sending a email to the contacts?  My
problem is that
when I send out the emails, some emails are not correct and sening the email
fails.  Can anyone help me?
--
RES

Outlook will tell when it encounters any email  address that is not valid.
If the email address is incorrect, how could Outlook know that?
Exactly what "errors" did your import produce? What file type did you
import?
--
Russ Valentine
"RES" <RES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just imported a Contact List in Outlook 2007.  Is there a way to check
>the
> email addresses for errors before sending a email to the contacts?  My
> problem is that
> when I send out the emails, some emails are not correct and sening the
> email
> fails.  Can anyone help me?
> --
> RES

0
Russ
12/18/2009 6:44:36 PM
Assuming you mean you want to verify that an email address that "looks
correct" is still actually valid (i.e. exists etc)

Do a google search on "verifying email address" and you will have a plethora
of options to choose from. Just be aware that it is impossible for <any>
program to be 100% accurate just by virtue of the way the SMTP world works
(unless the verifying program actually sends a test email message - not
something you want to do or how any of the verification programs that I'm
aware of work)

Karl
Karl Timmermans - The Claxton Group
ContactGenie - QuickPort/DataPorter/Exporter/Toolkit/Duplicate Contact Mgr
"Contact import/export/data management tools for Outlook '2000/2007"
http://www.contactgenie.com

"RES" <RES@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just imported a Contact List in Outlook 2007.  Is there a way to check
>the
> email addresses for errors before sending a email to the contacts?  My
> problem is that
> when I send out the emails, some emails are not correct and sening the
> email
> fails.  Can anyone help me?
> --
> RES

0
Karl

setting up outlook 2003 connection to exchange server 2003
Hi my desktop disks crashed 7 months ago and I have been using my laptop (win 2k pro sp4 and outlook 2003 with vpn) for this time SUCCESSFULLY. I built a new desktop using win 2k SERVER (for the raid-mirror function). I am using the SAME settings to configure the outlook 2003 client in BOTH cases (hosts file in same location as in win2k pro, email account name, server name and vpn settings, authentication). in the article Q155048 the suggestion is made to ping the server, oddly enough I CANNOT ping microsoft.com nor the outsourced exchange server (time out), when the vpn is runni...

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Macro must return the name of the button
Hi there, I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? thanks, Derek What sort of button (userform, worksheet forms, worksheet control toolbox)? -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Derek Brussels" <Derek Brussels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8441F83B-89DC-4515-A643-CE8F258DFC1F@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I want to a macro to display the name of the button (or object) from where I > am calling that macro. Anyone an idea? > &...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

allowing or disallowing changing the state of check box
Hi, what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I've tried with "before update" event procedure. It seems to work but after, when I press anything else on the form event procedure is repeating? Any help? thanx alekmil One addition: The problem occurs (repeating) when Cancel = True was applied previosly. "alekm" wrote: > Hi, > what's the best moment to check if the user has right to change the state of > check box and then to allow it or cancel it. I'...

outlook 2000 help file

Check Printing #6
I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance Did you use msmoney -s (which is different than salv.exe)? "Kris" <kris@team19motorsports.com> wrote in message news:1682801c4177c$bd1ceeb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I get the error " no accounts with checks to be printed" > I used the salvage utility from microsoft and that didn't > seen to help, any suggestions? Thanks in advance ...

Recognition of crylic test in work sheet names, VB version 9108
I have named some worksheets using russian langauge text, which is not recognised by VB in computers running less than Excel 2003. Is there a patch or an upgrade for VB to read this text? ie VB=Sheets(Array("àðàõèñ", "peanuts")).Select and refers to the worksheet арахис (russian for peanuts) (the text is readable in excel, is not legible as worksheet names in VB) Cheers Ben ...

Outlook 2003

Exchange 2007 Evaluation version #2

Invoice Still Named as Quote
Anytime that we convert a quote to a sale in RMS, the receipt still says Quote on it. This was not previously happening. Is this a 1.3 bug? ...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

Office 2007 Compatibility Pack 12-10-09
My new Windows 7 laptop came with a trial version of Office 2007 (Student), which I uninstalled prior to first use. However, I have the PowerPoint Viewer installed, which I use. Question: There's a huge 173 MB Office Compatibility Pack in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, which can be uninstalled. Can I uninstall this without any effect on the PowerPoint Viewer or Microsoft Works (or Windows Live Mail) programs? Thanks. EW Hi, Lone Star, The compatibility pack is actually quite useful if you are running a previous version of Office. Are you only using W...

Contact not importing names of csv lists
Whenever I import a csv file into outlook 2007 it imports only the email addresses, nothing else. I've titled the csv columns with the exact same headings as the outlook contact headings. Still, it imports only the email addresses. What do I need to do to get it to import the full names as well? Is it correct to assume that because you stated that you "titled the csv columns the same as the Outlook contact headings" - that you used "auto-map" to import your data? There is absolutely no reason, benefit or value whatsoever (under any circumstances) in ...