Hello!

I have upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007, my contacts are stored in
pst. I used to be able to search for a name via check names and it displayed
me all the results from global address list and from my contacts, but now it
only does one. It does not matter which one I set in the checking order,
whichever is top will be the one that provides the result. I would like it to
show me both results, how would I go about to set that up?

Thank you

Deana

More accurate and complete information would be helpful. The Global Address
List is only available to those who connect to Exchange Server. And yet you
say you are using a PST file. No one using Exchange should be using a PST
file.
So you tell us that you upgraded from Outlook 2003 to 2007 while connected
to an Exchange Server? What did your Exchange Administrator have to say
about this? What steps did you use to reconfigure the settings for your
Outlook Address Book Service in your new Outlook profile after you performed
this upgrade? You appear to have missed those steps.
Please reconcile the many discrepancies in your post.
--
Russ Valentine
"Deana" <Deana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007, my contacts are stored
> in
> pst. I used to be able to search for a name via check names and it
> displayed
> me all the results from global address list and from my contacts, but now
> it
> only does one. It does not matter which one I set in the checking order,
> whichever is top will be the one that provides the result. I would like it
> show me both results, how would I go about to set that up?
>
> Thank you
>
> Deana

0
Russ

address book #61
I had a problem sending mail from Outlook 2002. I installed the Office SP 3, but still had to reinstall Office with Outlook. I saved a backup of my outlook.pst file but I didnt save the address book, unless it is in the .pst file. At any rate the address book that outlook is using isnt mine. Did i replace my address book when i reinstalled? Anyway to get my old address book back, what is the file called? I may have it backed up on cd someplace....thanks for the help tom -- Please remove the no spam from my email address and replace with bellsouth to reply by email.....Thanks "Tom&qu...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Authorizing checks with RMS

Email Addresses #3
Hello: Quick question regarding addressing. We have several domains for which we receive mail. Not all of our users require email addresses for the 4 domains we handle. In the recipients default policy, I know you configure email addresses here, but does this not replicate this to all users, new and old? If so, what's an easy way around this. I think in 2000 Exchange, there was an option as to whether to make this site/server wide but I don;t see that option in 2003. Thanks The default recipient policy should appy to everyone you give a mailbox to. If you need to you can modi...

How do I create Check list

ShellExecute() multiple files to open to one instance
I am opening DWG files to AutoDesks TrueView. When i loop to open these files, a new instance is created for each file i open. Is there a way to create a process and send files to it only? Or a registry key in windows i can set to not allow multiple instances of this program? My goal is to open multiples files to one instance of this viewer, it can handle many files at once. Thanks! check if the program has any command line switch or automation interface to reuse an existing instance. -- Regards Sheng Jiang Microsoft Most Valuable Professional in Visual C++ http://www.jiangsheng.net ...

Printing Checks

Envelope Address Font using Microsoft Offic Word 2003
Using the Tools Envelopes Label menu, I highlight the address of a letter and choose Size 10 envelope. On preview screen everything looks great, when I print out the address is in a huge font. I checked all the defaults and it is set to a 10 font. The return address prints fine. Any ideas Thank ...

local named references in a sheet
Hello! (this may be a repitition of a message I think I succeeded in seding previously, but cant retrieve, so Im trying again. Appologize!) I am trying to copy a sheet with many named references into a new sheet (same workbook), but I want the new sheet to have the references local to it, so I can experiment with different data on the same calculations. The references hold intermediary values. When I try to copy the original sheet, the named references in the copy point to the original sheet. How do I copy it "correctly"? Thanks Hi Michael, > When I try to copy the orig...

Counting multiple values in a single cell
I have a cell which contains multiple values set out like this: 3; 4; 7 I would like to be able to count the number of values (3) in this cell. Does anybody know how I could do this???? -- ac8038 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ac8038's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6054 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553526 You could use =SEARCH("3",A1) where A1 is the cell with the data. Be aware however tha it will also match 31, 33 (twice) etc. Matt -- Mallyca...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

How to display a public folder address in Global address book?
Hi all, do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a email. and they can find the public folder name in GAL. Appreciate your help in advance!! Best RGS, Jennifer In All Address List\Public Folder... -- Jammy "yi yuhong" <yiyuhong@hotmail.com> ���g��l��s�D :OMH0xdkuEHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > do you know How to display a public folder address in Global address book? > > I want users can post an email to the public folder like sending a emai...

importing addresses
Hi, I want to import an address group from a list of e-mail addresses contained in an Access data base. Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if so, how??? Thanks in advance Hugh ...

refreshing the Global Address List
I have an Exchange 2003 server. Every time I add a new user it takes about 24 hours for it to appear in the Global Address List. I was wondering if there was a manual way to force it to update. I would appreciate any information as to how I might accomplish this. Thanks. -- Darius Sanders Darius: I'll bet you are using Outlook 2003 in local cached mode. The reason (I'm guessing) that you are seeing this is because you are looking at your "offline address book". The OAB is only regenerated once every 24 hours. Under the Recipients Container in Exchange System Ma...

File name list in the open dialog box.
In the open dialog box, how to delete the list of files appearing in the file name drag down menu in excel 2007? Not sure where you are finding this list. Do you mean the Recent Documents you see when you click on the Button? You can clear that by setting your MRU list to 0 under Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Display. If you mean the list you see when you go to Button>Open then you will have to set a new default file path to a folder that is empty. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:10:01 -0800, Acs <Acs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Check off boxes
Publisher 2003 in use. I am creating a questionnaire that will be included in a newsletter. I am using the publisher software to make this form. Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Any help along this line will be greatly appreciated. Thank you and enjoy your day. Mike Mike Reshetar wrote: > Somewhere, in the past, I saw a keyboard shortcut to inset checkoff boxes, > however, I cannot remember the key strokes. Use Wingdings and the � or q characters. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher h...

Returning Multiple list of Values
Hi, I am new to the use of Index function.I was trying to use this for solving a particular problem- I have sheet1 one with 2 columns,A & E, full of string values.Sheet2 has a column where values are restricted by lists.When the user selects a value , I should be able to search by this value in sheet1 in Column A and get a list of values from column E of sheet1.These columns have a value in Column A which equals the search value. for e.g. Sheet 1 Col A ColE AAA Pack1 AAA Pack2 AAX Pack3 AAE Pack4 Sheet2 :User Selects a value of AAA ...

Share a taks with multiple persons ?
At my small company we try to work projects using Outlook task. However, we can not seem to work with multiple people on one task. I'd like to have multiple people modifying the same task. Do you know this is possible ? "Rachid" <rachidheffels@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1137852152.118654.91170@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > At my small company we try to work projects using Outlook task. > However, we can not seem to work with multiple people on one task. > > I'd like to have multiple people modifying the same task. > > Do you know this...

Name Change
I did a search for this and found a couple of things but I couldn't seem to find anything definitive. We need to change a users name in AD and CRM. Is this possible? What is the procedure for doing this? Please help. Thanks Greg The way to do that in CRM would be to create a new CRM user with the changed ad account name. Than open the old users detail record and select Reassign Records in the action menu to move all the old records. Than you should be able to disable/delete the old user. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCSD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Web: aviva-it.nl "gstat" ...