Hello!

I have upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007, my contacts are stored in
pst. I used to be able to search for a name via check names and it displayed
me all the results from global address list and from my contacts, but now it
only does one. It does not matter which one I set in the checking order,
whichever is top will be the one that provides the result. I would like it to
show me both results, how would I go about to set that up?

Thank you

Deana

More accurate and complete information would be helpful. The Global Address
List is only available to those who connect to Exchange Server. And yet you
say you are using a PST file. No one using Exchange should be using a PST
file.
So you tell us that you upgraded from Outlook 2003 to 2007 while connected
to an Exchange Server? What did your Exchange Administrator have to say
about this? What steps did you use to reconfigure the settings for your
Outlook Address Book Service in your new Outlook profile after you performed
this upgrade? You appear to have missed those steps.
Please reconcile the many discrepancies in your post.
--
Russ Valentine
"Deana" <Deana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello!
>
> I have upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007, my contacts are stored
> in
> pst. I used to be able to search for a name via check names and it
> displayed
> me all the results from global address list and from my contacts, but now
> it
> only does one. It does not matter which one I set in the checking order,
> whichever is top will be the one that provides the result. I would like it
> show me both results, how would I go about to set that up?
>
> Thank you
>
> Deana

0
Russ

Outlook & Multiple SMTP
I'm trying to set up outlook 2000 to allow the user to select between different SMTP addresses when sending a mail. In 2002, I have it set so that when I write a new message, I can choose the account that's sending (and if I don't choose it uses the default account.) I have a friend using Outlook 2000 and she has 3-4 email accounts set up, but she has no choice in which account the outgoing mail is sent from. Does it have anything to do with Internet Only vs. Corporate installation? Thanks Yes - you want IMO mode for multiple smtp setup. "Jane" <noel_x...

Can I make spell check text larger in word
I would like to know if there is any way to enlarge the text in the spell checker Only by using the magnifier or by making changes at the system level. In Windows 7 (Vista, too, I think), see Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Make it easier to read what's on your screen. You can also make things bigger onscreen by changing the resolution to lower numbers (e.g., using 1024x768 instead of 1920x1080). -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word Bible Blog: http://word.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "itsmehb" <itsm...

Deleting sheet does not work
Hi, Deleting a sheet by code Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets("DHS Sheets").Delete Application.DisplayAlerts = True results in error message " Subscript out of range" Any idea what might be wrong here ? BTW. Does not matter whether or not the sheet exists. Maarten, works for me if you have a sheet called DSH Sheets, not just DSH -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Maarten" ...

Second SMTP Address Due To New Domain Name
Does anyone know how i can export our exsisting SMTP address modify it and import back in as a second SMTP addres for our new domain name? I recall reading something about exporting it to excel and changing it there, buti can't remember! Thnx Rob Rob wrote: > Does anyone know how i can export our exsisting SMTP > address modify it and import back in as a second SMTP > addres for our new domain name? > > I recall reading something about exporting it to excel > and changing it there, buti can't remember! > > Thnx > > Rob What version of Exchange, and...

Contacts are missing when I click To, CC, or BCC buttons
My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in Outlook and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I click To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. "Pyrate63" <Pyrate63@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:704AD8A0-D531-41ED-9FD8-9273F90E4F2D@microsoft.com... > My Outlook worked fine until I switched computers. My contacts are in > Outlook > and when I start to type the address, my choices come up. But when I > click > To, CC, or Bcc, it's blank. Version of Outlook? How did you transfer y...

Vlookup with Multiple Criteria
I have 2 spreadsheets that both contain store numbers and the accounts they belong to. I want to compare the two files to make sure that all of the store numbers in one (smaller) list are included in the other (master) list. I usually use the VLOOKUP formula to search for the store numbers in the small file and return the same values in the master file. In this instance, some of my store numbers are duplicated across accounts. For example, ABC retailer and XYZ retailer might both have a store #123. I want to do the same thing I have been doing with the previous VLOOKUPS, but restrict ...

Trying to sort data into multiple columns on the report.
Access 2007 I have 1 data column that I want to get on a report, but I want it to break into two/three columns like so and have some space inbetween the columns: 1 7 13 2 8 14 3 9 15 4 10 16 5 11 17 6 12 18 The reason is this is a single checklist for people to fill out and multiple pages is unacceptable. The list will be printed. Thank You. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201003/1 Hoardling1 via Ac...

GANTT chart
Anyone know if there's a way I can collapse multiple values onto the same line? For example, in my GANTT chart I have the following scenario. The horizontal category is multi-level, Brand + Promotion Name. I'd really like to be able to collapse scenarios where there's multiple records, with the same or different values, into single lines. For example, in the example below, I'd like to put the two brand = El Jimador, promotion = Paloma entries onto one line. Multi-level category label for both entries is El Jimador + Paloma Entry 1: Start Date = Jan1 , Dur...

SOLVER Reset command does not work in 2007Excel why???? Two Questi
Private Sub CommandButton4_Click() SolverReset SolverAdd CellRef:="$B$8:$E$8", Relation:=3, FormulaText:="$B$9:$E$9" SolverAdd CellRef:="$B$8:$E$8", Relation:=1, FormulaText:="$B$10:$E$10" SolverAdd CellRef:="$F$8", Relation:=2, FormulaText:="100%" SolverOk SetCell:="$J$6", MaxMinVal:=1, ByChange:="$B$8:$E$8" SolverSolve userFinish:=True SolverFinish KeepFinal:=1 End Sub Cann't Find Project or Library. IT IS CLEARLY SHOWN THAT Solver.xlam is referenced,which I have ensur...

Changing multiple identical text boxes at the same time in Publish
I am new to Publisher and am struggling badly with formatting. I am attempting to format a small book. I have played around and got to the point where I can now get the text into connected text boxes that are all automatically the same size as I add text. However, my concern is that whenever I do anything in Word I always land up tweaking the layout at the last moment prior to the final print, for example when I make the final decision on binding method and discover I really need to make the left margin a few mm wider or narrower. This is really easy in Word. I cannot find any al...

address book #42
I had outlook express and exported my address book, which was saved as a .WAB file. Now, I'd like to import it into my Outlook, but the import file offers so many choices, none specifically being .WAB files. How do I do this?? Thanks. Outlook cannot import a WAB. Import it into OE. From there you can import into Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Crystal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1395501c44425$c27baba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I had outlook express and exported my address book, which > was saved as a .WAB file. Now, I...

Edit Contact Command doesn't remmber the Name
1) Right click Sent items folder in Storage folder. 2) Click Find. Put a name in the To: field. Click Find Now. 3) Click on an email message found. 4) Right click on a name in the To: field, a name that includes the First Name and Last Name. 5) Click Edit Contact. If the person isn't already in your Contacts the First Name and last name fields are blank in spite of the fact that their name was clearly visible in step 4. 6) Why does Windows Live mail do this and is there a way around this other than typing in their name? Of course the whole point here is to add the...

CRM Account and Contacts
Hello All and Happy New Year With Love and Care In CRM it is normal that we can view all accounts at one time and also contacts(parent + child). My question is, how can we manage to hide all child acounts under the parent account for ex. Microsoft main parent account then Microsoft have two child account like Windows and Office and Windos has two more child like Server and Clint and Office have also one child like MSWorld. I want to see only Microsoft at top then when user click the Microsoft and enter it then he will able to see Windows and Office and when enter in Windows then able ...

Using contacts across Business Units
Hi CRM gurus, does anybody know how to setup the business unit structure for the following scenario in MS CRM 3.0: one parent organisation with two childs (business unit A and B). members of the parent should see all contacts members of business unit A should see only their records and NO records of business unit B members of business unit B should see only their records and NO records of business unit A so far no problem to set this up, but here comes the real problem. In addition to the contacts of business unit A and B there are around 10.000 contacts, which should be seen and used by ...

Concatenate and can grow do not work
I have a text box (txtLegalName) on an 800 page report that concatenates some information together. I am setting the value of the text box (which includes the concatenation) on the print event of the detail section. Originally, I had it in the underlying query of the report but the report took forever to run. It now runs much faster as the concatenation happens as each page prints instead of for each record of all 800 pages before the report opens. Here is the problem. The Can Grow property does not work on txtLegalName in this instance so the concatenated string gets cut off in some cases. I...

tab order not working
Hi, I've added about 5 custom fields in the Quote form and defined a tab order using the tabIndex property for all the fields in the form. However, while this order works for one section, its not working for the other section....i checked the source(through view source) on the crm form and realised that crm is enforcing its own tab order(which is quite haphazard!) despite the javascript code written on form load... Any solutions....please help!! Best option is to work within CRM's constraints. Use sections to set your tab order. For instance, if you want the tab order to go l...

Forwarding for entire domain name..
My problem is this...bellsouth recently changed there policy allowing the use of port 25 on residential accounts..... I have a mail server at the house that can no loger send or recive mail because incoming and outgoing SMTP is blocked... Bellsouth tells me the only way to over come the block is to upgrade to a Commecial account..... I refuse to send another 70 dollars a month..... I have another exchange server 2003 at my office...can I redirect the MX record to the exchange server at the office and then have it forward all mail for my my domain over port 26 to my mail server at th...

the name of windows xp support and help group
What is the name of windows xp support and help group? From: "nospam" <nospam@msn.com> | What is the name of windows xp support and help group? microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support -- Dave http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp ...

2 addresses showing under 1 account.
On a stand-alone Exchange 2003 server, with very basic install and config: I have 2 domains (abc.com and xyz.com). I have Exchange configured to handle both domains. So, e-mail sent to steve@abc.com and steve@xyz.com gets routed to the same Steve mailbox. However, when the messages hit Outlook, all the e-mail received looks like it was sent TO: steve@abc.com - - even if it was originally sent TO: steve@xyz.com. Some users like to sort mail in Outlook by account (which account the e-mail was sent to). But because Outlook is showing ALL the e-mail as coming to steve@abc.com, they cannot do tha...

long file names
Is there anyway to get Office X service release 1 on OS X to accept file names longer than 31 characters? In article <3d6e19fc.0311141108.4430e6e5@posting.google.com>, jeffdao@lucidintl.com (Jeff Dao) wrote: > Is there anyway to get Office X service release 1 on OS X to accept > file names longer than 31 characters? Not from Office v.X. However, you can save the files from Office, then rename them in the Finder. When you reopen the files in Office, the titlebar will list a hashed filename, but it won't affect saving to the long-named file. Using Save As will of course li...

How to change sent Entourage name from Microsoft Test Drive 2004 U
I used the 2004 Office test Drive for a few days before buying Office 2008 Student edition. When I send emails to other people my sent name is Office 2004 Test Drive User and then my email address. How do I remove the Office 2004 Test Drive User bit? Many thanks ...

Links and pictures stopped working in Outlook 2007
I'm running Outlook 2007 under Vista Home Premium. Browser in IE7. Today no pictures will download in my email, and none of the links in the messages work. Pictures that were in messages in my Inbox yesterday have been replaced by red Xs and links that worked no longer work. I've tried turning off firewalls, anti-virus etc. to no avail. Help!! All was fine when I switched off the PC last night, now all has gone pear-shaped! -- Christine cmoon@fojd.org.uk www.fojd.org.uk I should add that "Office Diagnostics" has also stopped working. Outlook seems to have no conn...

Outlook 07 Address book problem with Windows 7
I have a new laptop with Windows 7, and MS Outlook 2007. My contacts came in fine, but my address book is blank, and will not let me add contacts from the contacts folders (Greyed out). I've tried everything with Outlook, and suspect it is a Windows 7 problem because I created a new user in Windows, and it let me use the address book function. Previous versions of Windows allowed you to go into your User accounts, and cahnge the e-mail account settings, but I cannot find this in Windows 7. Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 7? Email setting? - th...

Sorting Contacts Question
I have changed the sorting of contacts from the CRM-Standard, First Name Last Name to the following; Last Name, First Name Question - Is there any way to automatically apply this type of change for all existing contacts? I know it states that it will apply the cahnge for all contacts moving forward, but that seems incredibly confusing for an end use to have to look at a combination of the two sortings... Thanks in advance, really the only viable way to do it is using a sql update, which is officially unsupported. So I am in no way recommending doing this. unofficially you could tr...

'Name box'--increase width
Hi all, Anyone know how to increase the width of the name box on the formula bar? Tools > Customize lets you resize all boxes except this one. It is too small to use while developing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! In MacXL, you can just use: CommandBars("Formula Bar").Controls("Name Box").Width = 250 For WinXL, see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NameBox.htm In article <_Madnd6Jic-ilpbcRVn-gw@comcast.com>, "JRocket02" <todd.randall@comcast.net> wrote: > Hi all, > > Anyone know how to increase the width of the ...