change mail format for contacts

For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to
change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML.

Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the
email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only.

After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had
problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to
make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be
done.

It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=32&cmd=showitem

For running the example you also need to install the Redemption
(www.dimastr.com), which is free for your private use.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:24:16 -0800 schrieb Anne:

> For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is
> change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML.
>
> Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the
> email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only.
>
> After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had
> problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able
> make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this
be
> done.
0
Michael
3/10/2010 8:11:38 AM
"Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to
> change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML.
>
> Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the
> email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only.
>
> After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had
> problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able
> make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this
> be
> done.

For those contacts for which you change the Internet format to "Send Plain
Text only", you will not be able to send HTML messages.  That setting
overrides the setting in Tools>Options>Mail Format.  You want to choose "Let
Outlook decide the best sending format."
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/10/2010 2:26:12 PM
Unfortunately, I think this code is way over my head.

"Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here:
> http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=32&cmd=showitem
>
> For running the example you also need to install the Redemption
> (www.dimastr.com), which is free for your private use.
>
> --
> Best regards
> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>   Manage and share your categories:
>   <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>

> Am Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:24:16 -0800 schrieb Anne:
>
> > For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is
> > change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML.
> >
> > Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the
> > email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only.
> >
> > After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had
> > problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able
> > make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this
> be
> > done.
> .

That doesn't matter as the code is already written.

- Download and install the Redemption.
- Open the VBA editor (alt+f11)
- If the explorer isn't visible, open it with ctrl+r
- Double click "ThisOutlookSession" to ensure the module is open
- Copy the code into that window (ThisOutlookSession).
- Decide whether you want to set the format to AutoFormat or to
PlaintextOnly.
- The current setting is Send_Auto_Format. if that's fine you don't need to
change it.
- The code iterates your default contact folder, and changes the format for
every found Email1Address.
- Run the code by pressing f5. If you'll get prompt, choose the
ChangeSendingFormat function. (If the cursor is within the function, you
won't get a prompt, and the executions starts immediately).

Does it work for you?

--

Am Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:34:04 -0800 schrieb Anne:

> Unfortunately, I think this code is way over my head.
>
> "Michael Bauer [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>

>> It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here:
>> http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=32&cmd=showitem
>>
>> For running the example you also need to install the Redemption
>> (www.dimastr.com), which is free for your private use.
>>
>> --
>> Best regards
>> Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook
>>   Manage and share your categories:
>>   <http://www.vboffice.net/product.html?lang=en>
>>

>> Am Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:24:16 -0800 schrieb Anne:
>>
>>> For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is
>>> change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML.
>>>
>>> Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the
>>> email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only.
>>>
>>> After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had
>>> problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be
able
>>> make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can
this
>> be
>>> done.
>> .

0
Michael
3/11/2010 9:51:47 AM
What version of Outlook? Do you ever need TNEF support?  If you use Outlook
2007 SP2 and don't ever need TNEF, see "if all else fails... " at the bottom
of http://www.slipstick.com/problems/alwaysrtf.asp

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Anne" <Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is
> change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML.
>
> Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the
> email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only.
>
> After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had
> problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able
> make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this
> be
> done.

0
Diane

External data link change

e-mail notification
I cannot get outlook to notify me when I receive e-mail in a shared inbox. I get notification when I receive e- mail into personal inbox. Would prefer to receive notification for shared inbox if I can't get notification for both. Thanks Hi, I just posted a similar message about outlook 2003. What version are you using? >-----Original Message----- >I cannot get outlook to notify me when I receive e-mail >in a shared inbox. I get notification when I receive e- >mail into personal inbox. Would prefer to receive >notification for shared inbox if I can't get noti...

Why does the change change to a number?

Track Changes

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

more on VBA function name change

Updating Contacts via Email
Can anyone recommend software that will send info update requests to everyone in my contacts folder and integrate their replies automatically? I found a program called Contacts Clinic, but I can't find any sort of review of it. Does it work? Is there a better alternative? I'm not looking forward to the prospect of calling every number in there to update manually. ...

Duplicate contact folder
Using Outlook XP (2002). When creating a new email and I click on To:, I get two 'contact' folders. When viewing the Outlook folders list in 'normal' node, there is only one contact folder?! How do I remove the duplicate folder so that it doesn't appear when I click on To:? TIA Maurice Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:7HADb.1362$tQ6.19788@ward...

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

Count the cels with the same collor made with conditional formatting!
Hi all, Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my worksheet! I'm using conditional formating to collor them. I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a chart. Thanks! Greetz, Jan ;-)) Hi Jan have a look at this previous discussion http://tinyurl.com/3xr9b -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Freesurfer wrote: > Hi all, > > Who nows how i can count the collor cels (red-green-yellow) in my > worksheet! I'm using conditional formating to collor them. > I need the sum of all cels with the same color to put them in a ...

Mail Merge Publications as E-mails in Publishher 2003
I don't know what I'm missing but I'm sure someone can set me straight. 1) I want to send a Publisher e-mail template to people in my Outlook contacts. I'm familiar with mail merging in Word. 2) When I go through the mail merging process in Publisher, I see no option to actually send it as an e-mail. 3) I end up with a merge that has individual publications but no option to send these as e-mails. 4) If I do a similiar process in Word, at some point after I select that I want an e-mail, I get an option following through with the e-mail procedure. 5) I have read several post...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

Printing the contacts in Exchange OWA 2000 or 2003
Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contacts in OWA Exchange 2000 or 2003? You can print a mailbox's contacts from Outlook. As far as contact objects in the domain/enterprise, you'll probably need to script somethign to extract the data adn then you could format it with Word. -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "Srfrdrew" <Srfrdrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07829507-865A-4F36-89B9-163D5034208E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to cleanly print out all the contact...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

macro for repeat task and format interior
Hi All, I'm trying to check out repeated value on column Q and the hightlighted entire cell on the left.I put the code that found from Sample,and trying to modified it but I made a mistake.I can't select entire cell on the left, I just can highlight 2 cell ( offset(0.-3) and the cell on column A).Please help how to select entire cell to the left without interupted by blank cell. And also I want to put the copy of higlighted cell value to a new workbook. Thank's. Rgds, Shiro Sub Duplicate_Serial_Number() Dim eX As Integer Dim cell_in_loop As Range eX = ActiveSheet....

Save Changes? #2