Why do some .ics go into Events Calendar not my main one?

When I use the "add to calendar" feature on some events I register for, it
opens up another calendar in my outlook called "Events" and posts the name of
the event at the top but I cannot open it, view it, move it, or anything.

I want it to just go into my main calendar. I don't want multiple calendars.

Also, ever since I moved ALL of "My Documents" off my hard drive onto an
external drive, I typically have to go get a meeting request from my download
folder, open it, then "save it" and it then ends up on my calendar.

Is there a change I can make so it will go directly to my calendar in that
instance also?

Thanks.

What version of Outlook? Are you using a Hotmail account? Or is the 'Events'
calendar created by the ics you open?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"CTabor" <CTabor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I use the "add to calendar" feature on some events I register for, it
> opens up another calendar in my outlook called "Events" and posts the name
> of
> the event at the top but I cannot open it, view it, move it, or anything.
>
> I want it to just go into my main calendar. I don't want multiple
> calendars.
>
> Also, ever since I moved ALL of "My Documents" off my hard drive onto an
> external drive, I typically have to go get a meeting request from my
> download
> folder, open it, then "save it" and it then ends up on my calendar.
>
> Is there a change I can make so it will go directly to my calendar in that
> instance also?
>
> Thanks.

0
Diane

How do I add menu item to menu which is user right click on main in outlook?
Hi all, I'm writing an exchange client extension application using visual c++, and I'm having trouble add to menu item when a user right mouse click on Message(mail ) in the Inbox of Outlook It is seem to go to the IExchExtMessageEvents::OnRead event I'd like to handle the above event. I need help on getting handle of the coming popup menu whenever user right mouse clik on mail in outlook and add menu item. Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com ...

out going mail
My out going mail will not leave the out box, I moved thewm to drafts but they still will not go, Outgoing mail only sends through the outbox, not drafts. What errors do you get when sending? "gripy grandma" <gripy grandma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC0B55D4-DA89-44AE-9A81-1F5826396AB8@microsoft.com... > My out going mail will not leave the out box, I moved thewm to drafts but > they still will not go, Hi, Grandma. HOW are you trying to get them to "leave the out box"? Please tell us, step by step, what you are do...

"Go Offline"
When I press the Go Offline button in the outlook client it performs different steps. All of them are successful except the last step "propagating customizations" doesn't succeed and it gives the error "Invalid argument" Could anyone please help me out with this? Regards, Ahmed ...

Label names in calendar
Can you change the label names? If so, how? "jrhendrix" <jrhendrix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA215AC1-09E0-486C-A8CF-A435669D319A@microsoft.com... > Can you change the label names? If so, how? Pretty simple. While viewing your calendar, click Edit>Label>Edit Labels. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Iexplorer closes but does not go away
XP Pro on a Toshiba laptop. Internet Explorer Version 8. I was having a lot of trouble with the computer. It would freeze up, the quick launch bar wouldn't work, it would take something like 15 minutes to shut down. Looking at the processes, I suddenly noticed that the iexplore process was running when the browser had been closed and was no longer running. In fact, it was even there multiple times at least once. When I stopped the iexplore process, suddenly the computer started acting normal again. So it seems that after opening Iexplorer and then eventually closing i...

Vlookup multiple items under one ID
Is there a way to use one function to lookup two values under the same unique ID. EX: Account Value 55 20 55 50 I was hoping to find a way to write a vlookup for this that would pull in the 20, and then also be able to pull in the 50 as well in the same function. Is this possible? Use data>filter>autofilter or look in the help index for MATCH to find the first and last match -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "klh84" <klh84@discussions.microsoft.com...

Internal recipient does not receive mail from one spesific user
Have anyone excperienced this problem: We have one user which is having problem sending mail to one recipient in the same exchange organisation. When this user sends mail to this recipient, the message is not received. When sending message the other way, everything is ok. Does anyone have tips to what we can try to solve this problem? Where should i try to look for problems? Message tracking in ESM. Figure out where the message ended up. Have you looked in the recipient's junk mail folder by any chance? Send an email with delivery receipt and see what the delivery receipt says... -...

I cant get News reader to appear on Go menu
Hi I am trying to fire up my Newsreader (Outlook Express 6 from memory - whatever comes with Microsoft Office 2003...! But I cant find the News option. If I go to Standard Toolbar, => then click on the add new button => then Customise => then Commands tab => then Go in "Categries:" there simply isnt anything there on the right for Commands called "News"! I thus dont know how to fire up my Newsreader :( - Any suggestions? With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe You'll find this answer posted several times a day here. To get the News command back, go back ...

Open InBox and go to date/message with VBA?
I have an Access 2003 mdb that searches the Outlook Inbox for specific email messages and displays the results in a datasheet. The datasheet contains the Date_Received and Subject. What I'm trying to do is this: When the user clicks on the field in the datasheet that contains the Date_Received, I want to open Outlook, go to the Inbox and move to the first occurrence of the Date_Received. I've tried this, but no luck. How do I move to a message and/or date in the Outlook Inbox? Private Sub Date_Received_Click() On Error GoTo HandleErr Dim ol As Outlook.Application Dim olns...

Client can not receive invitation (appointment) inbox, but show calendar appointment.
Hi, I have few people are complainting that they did not recieve the invitation from inviter. Therefore, I did test by sending invitation (calendare appointment)to user_A whom has the problem and my tester user. My test user did recieve the invitation email but not user_A. However, if I go to user_A calendar then it will show the invitation name and time I book; when I went to appointment and it offered accept, decline and etc action items. This is puzzle to me, why the user did not receive the invitation and book the time frame of the appointment? Is this Exchange or Outlook. I d...

Extracting Calendar appointments from Exchange DB
Where do I start?! vb script? odbc? SQL Server Query Analyzer? Thanks Jimbo wrote: > Where do I start?! > > vb script? odbc? SQL Server Query Analyzer? > > Thanks Exchange SDK, CDO Once you understand the different methods for getting to what you are looking for, then you can decide what method (vbscript, C++, etc.) "Douglas Buchanan [MVP]" <dbuchanan@d2removethisltd.com> wrote in news:uANXB5z6DHA.2712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > Jimbo wrote: > >> Where do I start?! >> >> vb script? odbc? SQL Server Query Analyzer? >> &g...

Generate a Calendar Reminder
Is it possible for Microsoft Access to Generate a Calendar Reminder in Microsoft Outlook? I have a database that the users put a date into a form for a process to return to the standard. I would like to have a calendar reminder in Microsoft Outlook be generated from that date. Is this possible? Thanks Sure, have a look at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/OutlookForms2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "patientgrow" <patientgrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C77CA52-928C-4F...

Event 2116 Windows 2000 DCs and Exchange 2007
Hi, We have a single domain with a Windows 2003 SP1 running as DC with all FSMOs and Global Catalog. However, there are some Windows 2000 DCs, and the Exchange 2007 Beta 2 box is logging the following: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeADAccess Event Category: (3) Event ID: 2116 Date: 12/11/2006 Time: 5:39:43 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE2007 Description: Process IISIPMD5274F6F-E3FC-4A10-A855-21244E592820 -AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=2708). The Domain Controller w2kdc.mydom.local is running Windows 5.0 (2195) (Unknown Service Pack). Exchange Active Directory Pr...

Go to new record on a new day
I know that when you open or load a form you can put the following: DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec to create a new record so that the bound form does not retrieve the 1st record in the table . But here is my dilemma. I have a bound form where data is updated by several users at different times in the day. I do not want the form to open on a blank record but rather bring up the day's record. However, on the next day, I want a blank record to start off the day. I have a text box (txtDate) that has a default value of "=Date(). How can I write a statement that tells the form 'O...

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

Junk Email Enigma
Junk emails are no longer going into my Junk Email folder and they are filling up my Inbox. I've checked all the settings and they are all set OK. I have even gone as far as deleting my profile and creating a new one but it still doesn't work. I then decided to set up a profile on a different machine and left Outlook running on it. Sure enough emails ARE going into the Junk Mail folder. So the question is - what could be different on my machine to the other one? How can get Junk Mail working again on my machine. TIA The Outlook Junk Filter requires that you be in cached mo...

Inserting calendars into Publisher
I want to insert a monthly calendar into a church newsletter that I have created using Publisher 2002. The calendar will be on a page by itself. The calendar will have entries for activities throughout the month. If I can insert the calendar with the rest of the newsletter, then I will be able to send it directly from my computer to a high quality printer, resulting in a better looking publication. Is there a Microsoft product that I can use to accomplish this? If not, is there a product on the market that I can use with Publisher to achieve this objective? The "Design Gallery&quo...

IC Verify
Has anyone purchased the new version of IC Verify and have had success? On the Tech Knowledge, MS says they do not support versions above 2.6 and for obvious reasons, I would like to purchase the latest version. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! We are using V3.1.0 very successfully with RMS 1.2. In fact, we just changed processors to one that allows internet approvals - and response is great. Only thing I question is along a ? I currently have out there about using a PIN pad. What do you tell RMS, what do you tell ICVerify, etc. -- John M. "JT" <JackT@...

Pack and Go: Publisher could not save this file.
Publisher could not save this file. You may be out of disk space. Try freeing up disk space and then using Pack and Go again. Version 2003. SP w/ SP2. all updates, patches, etc. Any ideas? Should i just convert to PDF? ...

XP/Outlook2003 Problem: Deselect Name in 'Other Calendars' does not work properly (keeps 'Selected Items'-font)
Hi, and first of all, sorry for the excessive crosspost - but I think although the issue only seems like an Outlook problem, it might have something to do with the Display -> Appearance Settings in XP. The following thing happens within my Outlook (and is quite annoying): Calendar -> 'Other Calendars' pane. Select a calendar by clicking on a name or the checkbox -> the calendar is displayed correctly. Deselect the calendar by clicking the name or the checkbox again -> the calendar is not displayed anymore. But now, also the name is not displayed anymore - only the checkbo...

SMTP Error 7010 in Event Viewer
I continue to receive the following error in Event Viewer. Running Exchange 2003 and is the only exchange server in the organization: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 Date: 2/14/2006 Time: 1:36:29 PM User: N/A Computer: ZNSSERV1 Description: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #8238. The client at "<mymailserver_ip>" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "503 5.5.2 Need Mail From: first ". The full command sent was "rcpt TO: <my...

Outlook2003. How to ask for Read Receipt for one email, not all.
I am using Outlook 2003 and Widows 7. I don't want a read receipt for every email I send but I want to be able to ask for one occasionally as I could in Outlook Express. Please tell me how to set this up. Thanks I would ask in an Outlook newsgroup/forum, this one is for MS Word. But as this is simple to deal with here you go: To turn on/off Receipts as a default, Tools, Options, Preferences, Email Options, Tracking Options, check/uncheck the Rewad and Delivery receipt options. To add as an option for an individual email, with the email open, View, Options, check the requ...

IC Beg Bal
Hi, I have entred Inventory beginning balances for the year 2005(ending blances as of 31/12/2004) and closed the year 2004. now i want to delete only the beginning balances.. what's the best way to do that. your help is much appreciated. You're saying you want to effectively reverse what you have done? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Michael" wrote: > Hi, > > I have entred Inventory beginning balances for the year 2005(ending blances > as of 31/12/2004) > and closed the year 2004. > now i want to delete only the beginning balances.. > what's the...

CRM 3.0
Hi all, I have 1 client which is getting an error attempting to go offline. Below is the event logged in Windows Event viewer. The system in question is Vista SP2, CRM 3.0 V3C with Rollup 3, SQL 2005 express SP3, I have attempted to unselect ALL local data entries and attempted going offline and still i get the error. It appears it fails when it trys to sync 1108 appoinements to outlook, but checking the user account appoinements in CRM the user does not have this many. I have recreated the users profile, I have uninstalled SQL and CRM client but still get the same error. I am now st...

IC Beginning Balances