Why are my calendar entries deleting automatically after 6 mos.

I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my
calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening?

It's caused by either your Auto Archive settings or your PDA settings.

Marbeck wrote:
> I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my
> calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening?

0
Bob
3/11/2010 8:10:09 PM
Are you syncing with a PDA or smartphone? That is the typical cause...
otherwise, check your autoarchive settings - tools, options, other,
autoarchive and also on the folder properties. See
http://www.slipstick.com/tutorials/auto/archive.htm for screenshots.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Marbeck" <Marbeck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I noticed that the appointments in my calendar are disappearing from my
> calendar after 6 mos. How can I stop this from happening?

0
Diane

VLOOKUP question #6
I have a 10 year discounted cash flow schedule where the discount factor is a variable chosen by the workbook user. I have also set up a discount factor table so that the appropriate discounting factors can be inserted under each column. The formula for year 1 (=Column 1) of the cash flow schedule is: =VLOOKUP($C$27,$C$63:$N$82,2) I copied the formula across the row and then manually changed the 3rd argument of the formula to 3, 4, 5 and so on. This was not a huge editing job but, in anticipation of future schedules with 20 columns, I'm wondering if there is a better way to write th...

How do I add holidays to my calendar in Publisher?
I am making a calendar in Publisher and the holidays did not automatically fill in when the dates did. Is there any way I can make a calendar with holidays included? Inserting holidays is a manual operation in Publisher. I have a no frill calendar on my web site. The calendar is on the Master Page and the holidays are on the publication page. There is a URL for other holidays that you may celebrate. http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Heather" <Heather@disc...

Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy #2
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hello CJ Using ldifde and the following article should work just fine ;-) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=318072 Greetz "CJ" wrote: > Hello, > Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically > update e-mail ...

Automatic tender
Hello all, I just started working at a liquor store, and we just got setup on the RMS. We got the system up and running just fine but there is one last thing that we would like to customize. After an items barcode is scaned you have to press "enter" so that the item will be added to the list for a given transaction. We were wondering if there is anyway that we can skip this step so that the item will just be added automatically instead of having to press the "enter" button for each item scanned for any one transaction. -- Sincerely, Andrew DeFever Any ideas on...

delete names or rename
hai i want to delete tne name ranges in a work sheet. or give a code to delete all the names or to replace them auto. try these sub deleteshtnames() For Each Name In Sheets("Data").Names Name.Delete Next Name end sub Sub DeleteAllNames() For Each Name In Names Name.Delete Next Name End Sub Sub AddName2() ActiveSheet.Names.Add Name:="MyRange2", RefersTo:="=" & Selection.Address() End Sub ' To add a range name based on a selection using a variable. Note: This is a shorter version Sub AddName3() Dim rngSelect As String rngSelect = Selection.Address Act...

more than 1 outlook calendar
hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my blackberry and outlook when syncronising. i now have noticed there are more than 1 calendars, and one has the missing appointments, so obviously i have been syncing with both. when i open up the calendar in the folder list, i can not see where it is stored, and would like to know how it was formed, and how to stop it happening again. thanks tim Tim <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote: > hi i have problems recently with losing appointments from my > blackberry and outlook when syncronising. > > i now have notice...

deleting emails as a delegate
Hi All, I have an issue with some outlook 2003 clients. We have some senior people who have PAs who can't delete certain mails from their mailfiles. I have checked the delegate permissions and they are all set at editor. I have checked their AD permissions to the mailfiles and increased them up to full access. I can delete the emails but I'm a full exchange administrator. If I create a profile on the PAs machine and they go into outlook as their manager they can delete the mail. They get the standard type error message about not having sufficient permissions to carry out the ...

report showing calender entries
Does anyone know of a report that's available that shows the entries in the calender function? Or possibly what I would need to do to create such a report. We use the calender for appointments, and it would be useful to have such a report. On the same note it would be nice if MS would make the calender more integrated with customers and POS. Craig Anyone? I did see that there is a table called calender entry, but have know idea how to get it on a report. Craig "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message news:Oq%23j5wmCHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Calendar Locked
I am trying to make a new appointment in my Outlook and it wont allow me to do anything ie changes, new appointments etc. Everything else in Outlook is working can you help me. ...

1099-DIV should allow entries in both box 1a and 1b
Great Plains SQL version 8. Currently 1099-DIV will allow an entry in EITHER box 1a OR 1b. According to IRS rules, the total of all dividends should be entered in box 1a and only qualified dividends entered in box 1b ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. ht...

Automatically Add Record to table
Hello, I have created a weekly service database, and I am trying to automatically add a record to a table. Main Table: JobID - Service End - Job is no longer on service. Service Table - Links to JobID ServiceID Date Completed y/n I want my technician to open a form that shows all service items that are not completed. as they update what has been completed and that service end is null, i would like a button that they press to add a new service record and auto fill in service date (adding 1 week) doing this manually is time consuming as we may have 100 or more services at one time tha...

Automatically updating charts
I use spreadsheets to track monitoring data over time for sampling sites. The left part of the sheet is used for the parameter name + min, max, and avg. I have a dummy column (filled w/ asterisks) to separate the calcs from the data. My formulas include the ast column in order to anchor the range as I insert columns of new data. I am trying to graph the data and am wondering if I can use the ast column as an anchor. It shows up as a zero value. Is there any way to make the chart ignore that point? ...

Printing Daily Calendar
Good morning! I'm using Entourage for OS X, version 10.1.0. When printing the daily calendar, is there a way to show the entries scheduled in the evening hours? Currently the print format lumps them together so that they are unreadable. Thank you! A. ...

Automatic Log on
I am having a problem logging on without putting my password in every time. I have checked the remember pass word box but I am still promted the first time each day for my password. Does anyome know how I can set my computer to remember my password. ...

Reoove items from "My Calendar"
Hello, In Outlook 2003 it was easy to customize which calendars appear in "My Calendars" If different .pst files are open then also multiple calendars are present in the "My Calendars" pane. A right mouse click and "Remove from my Calendars" removes a calendar from this pane... easy. Unfortunately with Outlook 2007 this menu item is not available and I cannot find another workaround how to remove unnecessary calendars from that pane. Has anyone a solution for this? I have searched in Outlook help, but I cannot find the solution. There's a right click "De...

How do I sync two blackberry's to the same Outlook Calendar?
My husband and I need to have all our families 10 zillion activities in hand so I'd like to be able to sync both blackberry's to my Outlook Calendar from my desktop, but the desktop manager doesn't recognize my husbands blackberry. Can/how do I do that? If the DM is not recognizing his BB, try the forums at blackberry.net - its not an outlook problem. AFAIK, it should work, but I only have 1 BB, so I can't verify how it works. http://supportforums.blackberry.com/ -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Ex...

all day calendar event and alert question
Hello, in Sharepoint 2007, when I or any user create an all day event on the calendar, the email alert that goes out has the incorrect time. If I modify the event the the correct time is displayed in the alert. The calendar item itself shows the correct information. Ive read several posts on different sites that state this is a known issue. Please advise if you have experienced this behavior and know of a fix. Thank you. ...

retain hyperlink target when adding/deleting rows
How can I retain the hyperlink target cell when adding or deleting rows in the target sheet? Please describe what it is that you want to happen, or what is happening that you don't want to happen with an exact description of how to reproduce you problem. There are object hyperlinks, and there is HYPERLINK Worksheet Function. If you delete the row that hyperlink pointed to you are going to get an error, so what would you want to happen instead. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm...

Virtual IMAP is not Starting Automatically
Every time I reboot my server or if the power is out virtual IMAP4 will not start automatically? This has caused a big issue when I'm not around and my Treo users cannot get their mail. Any ideas on how to make this work. I've seen posts on dependencies but can't imagine why this will not start. Thanks In news:uM8VZvYAGHA.2156@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl, Barkster <bdog4@hotmail.com> typed: > Every time I reboot my server or if the power is out virtual IMAP4 > will not start automatically? This has caused a big issue when I'm > not around and my Treo users cann...

Calendars #5
Hi, have come across this problem with calendars - in Oz our week starts on Sunday and all calendars are this way - but Publisher seems to only do Monday to Sunday weeks. Regional settings are set correctly. Can you guys help? TIA Bill I have the exact opposite problem, our week starts on a Monday but my version of Publisher only starts on a Sunday ! I have tried all the settings but cannot change it, I am using Publisher 2002 (XP) and I would also love to know how to change this. "OldBill" <oziebillNO@SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:OrQvRfp8EHA.2608@TK2MSF...

CRM Calendar
With the calendar in CRM are you able to link that with the users exchange calendar so events appear in both? ...

Inventory Assembly Entry-Automatically picks lot number
When ever you enter an assembly entry document, dynamics automaticallly picks lot numbers of inventory available. Is there anyway to stop Dynamics from automatically pick lot numbers? The problem comes when we release a document with a large quantity, and it picks lot numbers one at a time. This can take a long time and we end up removing most of the lot numbers anyway. thanks -- Doug ...

public or shared calendar with automated appointment feed from users (Exch 2007)
Hi all, is it possible to set up a public calendar in Exch that does the following: Every time that a user (who belongs to a specified A.D. user group) posts a meeting/appointment to his\her personal calendar (the one one on the individual mailbox) if the appointment is public (vs. private) that appointment is automatically copied/replicated to a shared/public calendar that all the users of the AD group can see. Is it possible to set up something in Exchange or/and Sharepoint that does this? Would this entail writing some specific. thanks You would need a custom script....

Video Conference WinCE 6.0 R2
Hi, We're working on WINCE 6.0 R2 (x86) and have developed a DirectShow Transform Filter which supports the H.263+ CODEC specification. This filter is specifically build for use in the RTC environment to support Video Conference. The filter is fully operational, and configuring all DirectShow settings correctly. This is tested in various ways, please see the following post for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsce.platbuilder&p=1&tid=3d4163...

Public Calendars not in Calendars Group
RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook. I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007. Her version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional. Her copy is an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install. I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods work. Pleae help! Thank...