Unable to open calendar

Folks, i cannot open or view my calendar.

When I start Oultook a Pop Up appears saying "Could not read the Calendar"
On clicking Ok, the pop up vanishes and nothing happens.

If i then go over to my calendar, it says "Cannot display the folder"

I have run Oultook Diagnostics and nothing shows up as irregular. I ran the
repair function (off my setuo CD) and nothing happened. I also re-installed
Outlook and rebooted my comp  and nada.

When staring in safe mode i also get he same errors.

I am using Off 2007, Win 7

TIA, P

"phamiltonsmith" <phamiltonsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Folks, i cannot open or view my calendar.
>
> When I start Oultook a Pop Up appears saying "Could not read the Calendar"
> On clicking Ok, the pop up vanishes and nothing happens.
>
> If i then go over to my calendar, it says "Cannot display the folder"
>
> I have run Oultook Diagnostics and nothing shows up as irregular. I ran the
> repair function (off my setuo CD) and nothing happened. I also re-installed
> Outlook and rebooted my comp  and nada.
>
> When staring in safe mode i also get he same errors.

Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews command switch.
Start>Search>outlook.exe /cleanviews
Be sure to include the space.  Also, clear the forms cache.  See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm .  It's for Outlook
2003, but it should still apply to Outlook 2007.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/23/2010 5:29:36 PM
Brian,

Thanks for your help... Before trying your suggestion, i ran SCANPST.EXE and
solved the issue!

Thks

> Thanks for your help... Before trying your suggestion, i ran SCANPST.EXE and
> solved the issue!

I'm glad you solved the problem.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

First Time Opening Outlook
I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message is, "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable." and a second popup says, "Configuring Outlook Accounts". The configuation process never does complete. I can even open outlook. Help! Thanks Ross Ross <Ross@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just installed Outlook and when I try to open it, I get a popup > message titled "Connecting to Microsoft Exhange Server". The message > is, "You...

Unable to open calendar

unable to scroll the page

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Why can't I open any email jokes that friends send me with excel
I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I can't open them why? 1. Do you have Microsoft Excel installed on your computer? 2. What is the extension of the attachments with the jokes? Is it somejoke.XLS ? I never heard of Excel being a joke transporter but who knows? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:54:00 -0700, Leona <Leona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get email from friends that send me jokes to open with micro excel and I >can't open them why? Its because Excel is only for serious work except, of c...

Unable to conect

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'

Unable to display the folder (have I lost my mail?)
I've just transferred all my mail from my mac via IMAP, and rather laboriously set up all my rules to get all my mailing lists in separate folders etc. Outlook has just decided that it can't display the two biggest folders because e:\documents and settings\administrator\local settings \application data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. The file does not exist. I assume my mail is gone and I have to go and throw it at the IMAP server again, but could anyone tell me why this has happened and how to stop it from happening again? Is this all on a Mac?...

Unable to display
Hello Background: I using Ex2k. when i connect another mailbox in existing admin mailbox, it give error while i click on that particular mailbox. Error is Unable to display the folder. The information store could not br opened: Can anyone tell what exectally the problem, is this a permision or any thing else. Sudhir /Thanks Hello Sudhir In Exchange 2000 an Exchange Full administrator does not have te right to open an other mailbox by default , you need to add these accounts (or groups) to the Information Store object and give the appropriate permissions (send as + read as Greet Dirk ...

File is saved on opening #4
Dave Peterson Wrote: > I don't have another guess. I've never seen excel do anything lik > this. > > You are sure you opened in Safe mode so that all macros were disabled? > (You do see "safe mode" in excel's title bar, right?)Yes, the title bar says 'Microsoft Excel - Safe Mode'. And all m personal settings are gone so I have to fill in my username and I ge that annoying paperclip that welcomes me to Excel and asks me if I wan to start using Excel etc. :( Dave Peterson Wrote: > One more thing to try (that may not help)... > > Open...

I can't open a word document from outlook
I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - it just started today. I click on the attachment and a pop comes up saying if I want to make changes to the program, if I say yes it goes to the word program but is just grey without the document there. There are no problems with excel or PowerPoint. "Steven Dear" <StevenDear@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0775470C-BB6A-4236-BAF7-4D8C65C14120@microsoft.com... >I have office 2007 and cannot open word documents I have received or sent - > it just started today. I cl...

Unable to close/delete Opporotunities
Running CRM 1.2 on W2k3 std. server and SQL2000 on a different w2k3 std. server. The owner of an opportunity is trying to close it. The following message appear on the screen: "There are are still active or draft quotes associated with this opportunity. These must be closed before the opportunity can be closed" We have not configured the Fiscal Year for our CRM system, and thereby not enabled Quotes. This has worked before, and I can't recall that we have made any changes to the system since. Another odd thing is: If an owner of an opportunity or the Administrator is ...

cannot open default email folders. information store cannot be ope
i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will not open. I can access my mail online through Cox but it does not contain my personal folders or all of my emails. I am using Vista and Outlook 2007. thank you. Have you inadvertently configured your mail account to connect to an Exchange server? "jnormandin" <jnormandin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8E95224-8BAD-4B79-9CED-B673D68D16DF@microsoft.com... > i have deleted and reconfigured my profile more than once but Outlook will > not open. I can access my mail onl...

"Publisher Cannot open the file!!"
hello, lasty year i created a 52page catolouge for work in pub, i need to update this but unfortunatly it has told me that "Publisher Cannot open the file" i have tried all the help options i could find online and i have had no luck, there is about 2 weeks work re doing the file so i would be really happy if somone could help!! thanks russ keegan What version Publisher? Description of the Publisher 2007 hotfix package (Publisher-x-none.msp): October 27, 2009 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/976177/en-us If you have other versions of Publisher: ...

unable to send mail
This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I configured Ex2k3 correctly. I seem to get no errors running smtpdiag. However, when I try to send an e-mail from my internal admin account to an external account, Outlook Express complains: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server... Server Response: '550 5.7.1 Unable to relay... I'd appreciate your help. In news:8E5CEE3F-2B99-41A8-ABA7-B0F90EA7099F@microsoft.com, bill tie <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > This is my first Ex2k3 installation. I believe I conf...

unable to add email account to microsoft outlook 2003
i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add email account .... i really am a noob at this . any hints? peter morris <peter morris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i installed office 2003 some 3 months ago and now wish to use the > office outlook but i do not get the option from the tools menu to add > email account ... i really am a noob at this . any hints? Try it from Control Panel's Mail applet. -- Brian Tillman cheers ... i ahve added it ... someone told me that as it is...

Workbook.open function
Hi everyone. Our archives are stored in a rather interesting format, in that the "aba" for 07/29/2003 is stored as aba.csv.2003_07_29 This presents a problem for me when trying to open archived data manually, because the workbooks.open function ALWAYS adds an .xls to the end of the statement below, which does not exist. I am using: Workbooks.Open Filename:="aba.csv." & Year (Range("P2").Value) & "_" & Month(Range("P2").Value) & "_" & Day(Range("P2").Value) Can anyone assist me in forcing EXCEL n...

Unable to send E-Mails #3
I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I get the following message. 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied Any help would be gratefully appreciated On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 13:27:03 -0800, LarryM wrote: > I have recently installed broadband and when I attempt to send an E-Mail I > get the following message. > 554 <E-Mail Adress>: Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied > > Any help would be gratefully appreciated You probably need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Set that up on the &...

Outlook 2002
I have an issue with the time it takes to preview or to open a msg (5-10 seconds). I am working with an offline OST file. I have tried turning off Word as the editor, and the remove blank line features (and experimented with most other options). I have also run the detect and repair and even reinstalled the complete office suite. Help please anyone! Go to Tools -> Options -> Other and disable Instant Messaging. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Rob" <raking2000@hotmail....