Unable to open calendar

Folks, i cannot open or view my calendar.

When I start Oultook a Pop Up appears saying "Could not read the Calendar"
On clicking Ok, the pop up vanishes and nothing happens.

If i then go over to my calendar, it says "Cannot display the folder"

I have run Oultook Diagnostics and nothing shows up as irregular. I ran the
repair function (off my setuo CD) and nothing happened. I also re-installed
Outlook and rebooted my comp  and nada.

When staring in safe mode i also get he same errors.

I am using Off 2007, Win 7

TIA, P

"phamiltonsmith" <phamiltonsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Folks, i cannot open or view my calendar.
>
> When I start Oultook a Pop Up appears saying "Could not read the Calendar"
> On clicking Ok, the pop up vanishes and nothing happens.
>
> If i then go over to my calendar, it says "Cannot display the folder"
>
> I have run Oultook Diagnostics and nothing shows up as irregular. I ran the
> repair function (off my setuo CD) and nothing happened. I also re-installed
> Outlook and rebooted my comp  and nada.
>
> When staring in safe mode i also get he same errors.

Try starting Outlook once with the /cleanviews command switch.
Start>Search>outlook.exe /cleanviews
Be sure to include the space.  Also, clear the forms cache.  See this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm .  It's for Outlook
2003, but it should still apply to Outlook 2007.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
3/23/2010 5:29:36 PM
Brian,

Thanks for your help... Before trying your suggestion, i ran SCANPST.EXE and
solved the issue!

Thks

> Thanks for your help... Before trying your suggestion, i ran SCANPST.EXE and
> solved the issue!

I'm glad you solved the problem.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Outlook XP SP2 hangs while opening
After reading through a number of postings, it is becoming very evident that Microsoft has a problem with MS Outlook XP SP2, but no solution. I have tried uninstalling Outlook using add/remove programs in the Control Panel and then re-installing it. No change. I tried using scanpst.exe on both my outlook1.pst and archive.pst or is it archive.ost. In any case, no changes to the archive. Minor changes to the outlook1.pst. Doesn't fix the problem. I have tried renaming outlook1.pst and outcmd.dat. No change. I have done safe restarts of Outlook. No change. I can't see my inbox,...

Background Color of Shared Calendar in Outlook 2007
I know how to change the color background of my own calendar. Is it possible to change the color background of a calendar I've been given access to through "Sharing." Thanks. ...

Keep Calendar entries, but remove attachments
How do I manage to keep my Calendar entries in Outlook but strip out attachments made in the Calendar entries? "Wiley" <Wiley @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83209A23-3448-492D-A411-3F6BD95873D7@microsoft.com... > How do I manage to keep my Calendar entries in Outlook but strip out > attachments made in the Calendar entries? No need to ask more than once. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Help Please
Hello, This has been quite an annoyance since we have upgraded to Office 2003 Pro. Here are the stpes to re-create. 1. Go to My Calendars 2. Add more than one calendar to the view. 3. Close Outlook 2003 4. Open Outlook 2003 5. Calendar view has reset to onle Calendar only. How can I fix this? Travis ...

How do I stop warning messages everytime i open a hyperlink?
Just a short description of your software and your problem might just help us try to help you. The actual text of the error message often gives the odd clue to the problem. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? ...

Opening Excel attachment
When I try to open an excel attachment I get a pop up error message that reads. "Can't create file: file.xls. Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder". What exactly is this telling me? I suggest you to get some idea from teh Knowledge Base article given below: from www.support.microsoft.com OLEXP: Unable to Open EML File Attachments in Outlook Express (312355) - When you attempt to open an .eml attachment in Outlook Express, either the file may not open or you may ...

Viewing Outlook Messages in a Larger Font (After you click to open
I have been able to change my views to a larger font in outlook, except when I click on the message to open it, the message itself does not appear in a larger font. Please advise if this is possible, and if so, how. Thank you ...

help! Excel 2003 opens every doc on machine!
as soon as I start it, it starts opening every single file (even non-Excel files) & recursing directories. I have to kill it in the taskMgr or it will crash the machine. I can only start Excel in safe mode (with /s). How do I stop this? I have no idea how it started. the machine has current corporate AV/anti-malware. thanks let me add when starting in. safe mode, i get this: "Excel has detected that you have recovered files. These files will be opened the next time you starft Excel in normal mode." Try this first Tools>Options On the General tab you see &quo...

How do i change what opens when i start Microsoft word?
when i open word one of my final exam papers from last semester automatically opens. I've tried changing my "normal" file, deleting macros, nothing works. How do i set the default document to open up to be blank? Take a look here: http://word.mvps.org/fAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm If editing Normal.dot/Normal.dotm doesn't fix the problem, make sure you're editing the correct one. Some people have multiple copies in different folders. -- Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.he...

Does the trial version of Outlook 2007 allow use of calendar?
I just downloaded a trial version of Outlook 2007 so I can find out if it's possible to learn and use in my job search. I have not been able to do much of anything with the calendar, however, and there seems to be next to no support for the trial version that I've found so far. It's a pretty lousy way to entice people to buy a product if you can't even realistically use a major function of it during the trial period! Thanks. what are you trying to do and what happens? The trial is a full version and AFAIK, nothing is disabled. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author...

unable to delete email
I have a user when selecting some email for deletion it simply does not delete but when the outlook client is closed and then reopened it is gone. Please help!thanks ...

IFD unable to write
Hello Last week I did a CRM installation and wanted to configure it for IFD with to tool afterwards. Strangely enough, to tool was unable to write any of the settings (creating rows in de database table, change IIS setting, add registry key, ...). When I added one of these manually, the tool was able to read the settings. After a lot a searching I managed to get the IFD working by setting everything manually. However I'm quite curious about the reason the tool did not work. One, perhaps important, detail: We had an working installation (with a working IFD and IFD tool) connected t...

how do I open an adobe illustrator image?
I've been given a logo in both Adobe Illustrator (ai) format and eps format. How can I open the file in publisher? thanks in advance. jeffrey You can place it, but you can't open it. "jeff mazza" wrote: > I've been given a logo in both Adobe Illustrator (ai) format and eps format. > How can I open the file in publisher? thanks in advance. jeffrey ...

On Open Event 03-18-08
I have a form called frmChangeControl. In this form is a series of tabs with different subforms. One subform is called sfrm_rom. In this subform there are multiple text boxes. The first one is called cc_number. This is what links frmChangeControl and sfrm_rom. The second one is rom_number. This is an autonumber that is created once data is entered in any of the other textboxes on sfrm_rom. I need this autonumber to calculate as soon as frmChangeControl is opened. Can someone help me with an On Open Event or any other suggestions? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.a...

opening excel attachment from e-mai
The last couple weeks I cannot open any excel attachments that are sent to me. It appears the path cannot be found. Word attachments open fine. Even old attachments that we used to open now do not open. Files that are saved in excel open fine. Any ideas on what got changed? two things to try with excel open, go to tools=>Options=>General tab and make sure Ignore Other Applications is not checked. with excel closed, go to Windows=>Run type in Excel.Exe /regserver and click OK. This will reregister the Excel settings in the registry. Hopefully one of them will fix your ...

Unable to move folders to personal folders
Users got out of Hand with Mail on Exchanger Server (V5.5). Set up Personal folders Under Outlook Client. When attempting to drag & Drop or Import/Export as a *.pst from server to local client get the following error: Some Items could not be copied. They were either moved or deleted, or access was denied. Have checked permissions on public folder to insure create/delete permissions. ALso attachments will not go in mass with Drag & drop, same error. Any Ideas? Thx. DB DB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Users got out of Hand with Mail on Exchanger Ser...

Unable to send from Outlook
Hi, Can anyone help with the following error message: Task 'sedao.co.uk - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 452 Space shortage, please try later' The system occassionally allows me to send emails. I don;t know whether it is a local problem (i.e. my inbox is too full) or a server problem with the company that is hosting our email server? I work remotely. No-one else in the company seems to have this problem Rob Hi Rob, Do you know how large of email...

trouble opening Outlook 2002
I have a new computer, and I just installed DSL 2 days ago. I had set up Outlook 2002, and it appeared to be running fine for the past couple of days. Now, when I try to open Outlook, I get the following: msmgs.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x68899a56" referenced memory at "0x018e0424." The memory could not be "read." Any clues as to what went wrong? Your help is much appreciated! Gene in Washington, DC Turn off instant messaging in Outlook - Tools->options->Other. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the g...

Inbox messages appear as unopened when they've already been opened.
Outlook 2000 / Windows 2000 user reports that messages in her inbox ar displaying as unopened even though they've already been read. Thes symptoms only display for recent messages. Older messages in her inbo are displaying correctly. When she clicks on a message or clicks o the vertical bar, the message icons fix themselves and change t "opened". According to the Microsoft Knowledge Base this can happen i the Outlook profile contains Microsoft Exchange Service and Interne Mail Service. I've checked her profile and she's only using Microsof Exchange Service. No othe...

Display DateTimePicker Calendar Through Code
I have a Date Time Picker control on my dialog (C++ 6.0) and a CDateTimeCtrl member variable mapped to that dialog item. I want to know how to make the calendar popup through code, say, if an invalid date was selected. I want to post a message box and then popup the calendar. Any ideas? MarcS SetFocus to the datetimepicker control, then call SendInput to send the key combination <Alt>+<downarrow> In article <1119470479.493281.64250@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, mscirri@osmose.com says... > I have a Date Time Picker control on my dialog (C++ 6.0) and a > CDateTim...

TSQL Challenge 18
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0592_01CA71E7.B20C8730 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable http://beyondrelational.com/blogs/tc/archive/2009/11/30/tsql-challenge-18= -generate-text-formatted-month-calendars.aspx I didn't think this was possible: TSQL Challenge 18 - Generate text formatted month calendars declare @t table (Mth int, Yr int) insert @t(Mth, Yr) select 8, 2009 insert @t(Mth, Yr) select 2, 1900 insert @t(Mth, Yr) select 10,1959 SELECT * FROM @t Your job...

Some users unable to open reports?
Hello, We have some users who are getting an report not found', when you click OK it pops up another one that says, 'problem starting up report'. The weird thing is though, if you log on as a different user sometimes it works. But then you go to another station, and both users can open the reports. We have version pro installed, and everything checks out...the machines that work seem to have the same dynamics.set file as the machines that will not work. Any ideas? Is is just some wierd third party software bug? Thanks. ...

Window Hook for Open File Dialog
Hi all: Using VC6, and after updating the SDK and setting _WIN32_WINNT to 0x0500, I encountered the OPENFILENAME size problem, and tried replacing CFileDialog with the CFileDialogST that I found on CodeProject. After slight modification, it works fine (shows the Places bar), but it always puts the file dialog top left on the screen. So I added a Window Hook procedure so I could center the file dialog on my application: static UINT __stdcall OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); implemented as UINT CFileDialogST::OfnHookProc(HWND hdlg, UINT uiMsg, WPARAM wP...

Calendar Invite goes to users group.
Hi All, Running Exchange 2003 Sp1 and Outlook 2003 Sp2. Sending a calendar invite to a single user somehow gets delivered to one of the groups he is a member of. When I trace the message, it appears as if I had sent two messages! The frst message looks great, gets delivered to his local mailbox, but the second message is crazy. It goes to a group that he belongs to, as if it was sent from me to that group directly. Any ideas? I have made sure that he has not delegated that group in anyway, but I do believe that was the case at some point in the past. Any leads would be helpful. TIA -Kevin ...