sync, again

I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart
phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run
Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1 How do
I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else?

Thanks.

Sorry, I should have said are NOT in sync.

"DH" wrote:

> I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart
> phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run
> Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1 How do
> I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else?
>
> Thanks.
Any idea what's missing?

See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recur12yrs.asp for one known issue.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows
> smart
> phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run
> Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1 How
> do
> I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else?
>
> Thanks.

0
Diane
2/14/2010 8:09:33 PM
I can't seem to find a pattern of what they have in common other than they
wont sync.
Sorry, I don't understand the reference to your links...

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Any idea what's missing?
>
> See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recur12yrs.asp for one known issue.
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>
> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows
> > smart
> > phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run
> > Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1 How
> > do
> > I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else?
> >
> > Thanks.

There are known problems with recurring events.  Because outlook is just the
data source, check with the windows mobile guys -
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync

--

> I can't seem to find a pattern of what they have in common other than they
> wont sync.
> Sorry, I don't understand the reference to your links...
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Any idea what's missing?
>>
>> See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recur12yrs.asp for one known issue.
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>>
>> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows
>> > smart
>> > phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I
>> > run
>> > Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1
>> > How
>> > do
>> > I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

0
Diane
2/14/2010 10:36:33 PM
I also figured out that these same appointments wont sync with my Google
calendar.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> There are known problems with recurring events.  Because outlook is just the
> data source, check with the windows mobile guys -
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>
> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I can't seem to find a pattern of what they have in common other than they
> > wont sync.
> > Sorry, I don't understand the reference to your links...
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Any idea what's missing?
> >>
> >> See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recur12yrs.asp for one known issue.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
> >>
> >> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hmmm. That could mean something is corrupt.  Move the 'bad' appointments to
a new calendar folder and try recreating some (one or two to start) - do the
new ones sync?

> I also figured out that these same appointments wont sync with my Google
> calendar.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There are known problems with recurring events.  Because outlook is just
>> the
>> data source, check with the windows mobile guys -
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>>
>> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I can't seem to find a pattern of what they have in common other than
>> > they
>> > wont sync.
>> > Sorry, I don't understand the reference to your links...

0
Diane
2/16/2010 6:18:03 AM
I hate to ask a Google question, but... One thing I don't understand about
the Google calendar is how it knows what to sync with. So, if I follow your
advice, how will Google know to look at the newly created folder and sync
with it?
Thanks much!

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Hmmm. That could mean something is corrupt.  Move the 'bad' appointments to
> a new calendar folder and try recreating some (one or two to start) - do the
> new ones sync?
>

> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I also figured out that these same appointments wont sync with my Google
> > calendar.
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> There are known problems with recurring events.  Because outlook is just
> >> the
> >> data source, check with the windows mobile guys -
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync
> >>

> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
> >> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
> >>
> >> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

It won't - you need to find the bad appointment and then move the
appointments back.

--

> I hate to ask a Google question, but... One thing I don't understand about
> the Google calendar is how it knows what to sync with. So, if I follow
> your
> advice, how will Google know to look at the newly created folder and sync
> with it?
> Thanks much!
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hmmm. That could mean something is corrupt.  Move the 'bad' appointments
>> a new calendar folder and try recreating some (one or two to start) - do
>> the
>> new ones sync?
>>

>> "DH" <DH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I also figured out that these same appointments wont sync with my
>> > Google
>> > calendar.

0
Diane

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

sync
I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew calendar. Can some body guide me? Thanks AN AN wrote: > I have the hebrew calendar enabled as the alternate calendar in my > outlook2003. I have the latest version of Active Sync. I am able to > sync the normal english calendar but i cannot sync the hebrew > calendar. Can some body guide me? > > Thanks > > AN Hi - might want to post in a PocketPC / Activesync group f...

Bills Summary out of Sync with MSN Bill Pay
I am currently using Money 2006 Deluxe. I am currently using MSN Bill Pay as my online bill pay service. I have noticed over the last few months of using Money 2006 (and this happened with 2005, though not as frequently) that the Bills Summary gets out of sync with my MSN Bill Pay. Basically, it will show bills due in February of 2006 when they are due in October 2005. It throws off the cash flow since the cash flow uses the data from the Bills Summary. I can check the settings in MSN Bill Pay and the payment dates are correct. The only way to "fix" this problem is to re-...

Automate sync deactivating
We've got about 40,000 contacts in our CRM 3.0 implementation with about 30 owners. We would like to disable the syncing of contacts and the removal of the CRM-sourced contacts in Outlook in an automated fashion. Is there a way to do this? We could go around to all of the workstations, but would prefer a script or something to handle it. I tried playing around with the SyncContact registry setting in the HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient key, but it didn't seem to have an effect. Also, to prevent these from happening in the future, can the installs be set to default with ...

Sync to Iphone
Anyone know of any apps that enable one to sync tasks to my iphone / ipod touch. Do you recommend it? "les" <lester12345@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f0661183-36c5-4381-8caa-18bf4a0a6e30@z10g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone know of any apps that enable one to sync tasks to my iphone / > ipod touch. Do you recommend it? The world would be a better place if Microsoft and Apple just got along. In article <f0661183-36c5-4381-8caa-18bf4a0a6e30 @z10g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, lester12345@gmail.com says... > > Anyone know of any apps that...

MS Money Project Leader needs FIRED- NO SYNC?
What in the heck was the idiot project leader for MS Money thinking when it was determined that Money 2007 shouldn't sync with a Pocket PC? And what is MS thinking when it determined that Windows Mobile 2005 wouldn't sync with ANY version of Money? People, I thought software and PDA's were supposed to HELP with productivity. What idiot is running the show at MS for their Mobile and productivity product lines? These two decisions have immediately kept me from buying MS Money 2007 (a product line I've used for YEARS) as well as upgrading to a newer Pocket PC. Way to go MS! ...

sync, again
I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home. My smart phone has windows 6.1 How do I tell if this is a Outlook poroblem or something else? Thanks. Sorry, I should have said are NOT in sync. "DH" wrote: > I'm noticing that all of my calendar items are in sync with my Windows smart > phone. Some are there, some arent. Any ideas as to what's going on? I run > Windows XP Pro and Office 2007 at home....

Bank Of America Credit Card
Damn it! Microsoft, whats going on here!!!! If I add my Bank Of America credit card account via MS it synchronizes the account and all is well. If I then sync Money 2005 it sees the acocunt and adds it. If I try to sync money 2005, it says that there is no provider available for my BoafA credit card. But! If I go back online I can do it via money. Now for the really annoying part.. Eventually, Money 2005 disables the online sync and the next time I sign on MSN its disabled here as well. This is clearly a problem with 2005 because I had no problems with 2004. Brian, here's the possi...

Sync to Outlook privilege problem
If i remove the Sync to Outlook privilege for a role. The syncronize menu items will be removed from the CRM outlook menu, but when i select the options menu item i get a Insufficient Permission dialog, why? For some users we like to disable sync to outlook but able to change options like rows per page... // Mats ...

System folder Sync Issues and Sync Issues1
We recently upgraded our server to Exchange 2003 and now Outlook has created both a "Sync Issues" and "Sync Issues1" folder. I have tried deleting one but when I try to empty my Deleted Items folder it gives me this message: "Outlook has not finished synchronizing local changes made to items in this folder. You cannot delete this folder until the synchronization with the server is complete" My guess is that synchronization will never complete therefore I will never be able to get rid of the extra folder. Can anyone help me get rid of the duplicate folder? Th...

Sync Sent Items by default
Hello. I manage a number of Windows mobile (6.1 and 6.5) devices through Exchange 2007 and a Device Management application (Afaria). In this way I can remotely configure a lot of items on the device, including changing registry settings and xml provisioing. I would like to have the "Sent Items" folder automatically (by dwfault) checked for syncing. Is there a way to select this as checked either via xml provisioning or by changing registry settings? Or is it somewhere else? I can't seem to find it in the registry or via xml provisioning. Any help would be appre...

Sync button doesn't do anything....
Hi, I've recently switched from OE on XP to Windows Live Mail on Windows 7, and am struggling a lot with configuring WLM to work the same way the OE did. I've imported all my accounts and settings, however, the one thing that I just can't seem to get to work properly is the Sync button functionality. All my accounts are IMAP accounts, and I have disabled the "Send messages immediately" feature. When I compose a new email, I see it in the Outbox. However, when I click on the Sync button in the toolbar, nothing happens. The activity window shows no Ta...

How do I sync calendar with treo 650?
I keep getting error message Outlook Calendar OLERR:03-0023 OLERR:0D-000E OLERR:0D-0004 OLERR:0D-0001 - Recovery Sync Outlook Calendar synchronization failed OLERR:15-0002 OLERR:06-0001 Are you using synch software, such as Chapura? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "djtrower" wrote: > I keep getting error message > Outlook Calendar > OLERR:03-0023 > OLERR:0D-000E > OLERR:0D-0004 > OLERR:0D-0001 > - Recovery Sync > Outlook Calendar s...

Syncing
can you sync custom fields in Outlook to a palm? ...

PDA
I have a PDA with a full Calender of information, I am about to put Outlook on my PC and start to sync between the two, will the blank data on Outlook erase the Calender entries on my PDA or will Outlook be updated to reflect my PDA -- Many Thanks Check with the sync software you're using to see if it allows you to define what happens for the initial sync. "Wisty" <Wisty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80AD4EB9-CFAA-47A4-863B-25A235416B09@microsoft.com... > I have a PDA with a full Calender of information, I am about to put > Outlook > on...

syncing to exchange
I just bought a new pocket pc. I am trying to sync my outlook 2002 on my laptop running Windows XP to my new Dell Axim X30. I have my outlook talking to the exchange server. I am not using a proxy server. I am recieving a CONMGR_36 error. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong. That sounds like an Activesync error - best to post to m.p.pocketpc or ....pocketpc.activesync for more help. Craig Chang wrote: > I just bought a new pocket pc. I am trying to sync my > outlook 2002 on my laptop running Windows XP to my new > Dell Axim X30. I have my outlook talking to the exchange > ...

Will Exchange 2003 SP2 allow for EAS to sync public folders?
I haven't seen a definite "yes" and was hoping I wouldn't have to go to a 3rd party tool to sync a public folder calendar to a mailbox calendar ...

Sync of .OST to server does not match?
We have multiple users that have this issue: Exchange 5.5 sp4 with Outlook 2002 SP2. When the user select to sync, it completes without errors but then if you compare the messages count for the online folder and the offline folder - they do not match. This is true for folders such as inbox/sent. I have started outlook in offline mode and forced a synchronization - this did not fix it. Also verified that there are no filters set on the sync setup. In one instance, I have deleted the .ost and created a new one. After a while, the message count again does not match. Any suggestions on wher...

Nuture Marketing sync
Does anyone know if there is a way, besides writing a custom code, to sync nuture marketing with Outlook? What I'm trying to do is have the Next Step date from Action Plans in Nuture Marketing show up in some sort of form on the user's calendar in Outlook. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated. Erin ...

my iphones calendar won't sync with outlook
is there an easy way to get the info on my iPhone calendar backed up on my Outlook calendar (2003 version). I can sync fm Outlook to iPhone, but not the other way around. How can I back up all the data in my iPhone? "Livinlady" <Livinlady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC0D8BC8-D1AB-41E3-9936-80CB33FEB7AF@microsoft.com... > is there an easy way to get the info on my iPhone calendar backed up on my > Outlook calendar (2003 version). I can sync fm Outlook to iPhone, but not > the other way around. How can I back up all the data in my iP...

sync