Searching across multiple calendars

We schedule patient appointments with sometimes as many as 3 different
therapists.  Is there any way to search for those appointments across all
three calendars at one time so we could print a list of them on one sheet for
the patient.  We use quotation marks around the name to make search retrieval
easier (e.g. "LAST,FIRST")

What version of Outlook and Exchange?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?

"kbk3448" <kbk3448@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We schedule patient appointments with sometimes as many as 3 different
> therapists.  Is there any way to search for those appointments across all
> three calendars at one time so we could print a list of them on one sheet
> for
> the patient.  We use quotation marks around the name to make search
> retrieval
> easier (e.g. "LAST,FIRST")

0
Diane
2/5/2010 2:39:10 AM
We run Office 2003 and Exchange 2003.  IT said we'll be going to Exchange
2010 sometime in the future, but wouldn't speculate on exactly when.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> What version of Outlook and Exchange?
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>
> "kbk3448" <kbk3448@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We schedule patient appointments with sometimes as many as 3 different
> > therapists.  Is there any way to search for those appointments across all
> > three calendars at one time so we could print a list of them on one sheet
> > for
> > the patient.  We use quotation marks around the name to make search
> > retrieval
> > easier (e.g. "LAST,FIRST")

Hi Diane-Were you able to find a solution to this?  We are holding off making
a full switch from our current scheduling software over to Outlook until we
find out if searching across multiple calendars for a patient's appt is
possible.  Thanks!

"kbk3448" wrote:

> We run Office 2003 and Exchange 2003.  IT said we'll be going to Exchange
> 2010 sometime in the future, but wouldn't speculate on exactly when.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > What version of Outlook and Exchange?
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >
> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> > mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >
> > How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
> > http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
> >
> > "kbk3448" <kbk3448@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We schedule patient appointments with sometimes as many as 3 different
> > > therapists.  Is there any way to search for those appointments across all
> > > three calendars at one time so we could print a list of them on one sheet
> > > for
> > > the patient.  We use quotation marks around the name to make search
> > > retrieval
> > > easier (e.g. "LAST,FIRST")

I thought I replied, I guess it got lost on the server farm. Outlook 2003
does not support this.  You could use a 3rd party search tool, but need to
have the calendars cached locally. (I forget if that was supported in 2003.)

--

> Hi Diane-Were you able to find a solution to this?  We are holding off
> making
> a full switch from our current scheduling software over to Outlook until
> we
> find out if searching across multiple calendars for a patient's appt is
> possible.  Thanks!
>
> "kbk3448" wrote:
>
>> We run Office 2003 and Exchange 2003.  IT said we'll be going to Exchange
>> 2010 sometime in the future, but wouldn't speculate on exactly when.
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > What version of Outlook and Exchange?
>> >
>> > --
>> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>> >
>> > Outlook Tips by email:
>> > mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>> >
>> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> > mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>> >
>> > How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile?
>> > http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602
>> >
>> > "kbk3448" <kbk3448@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Diane

*Keeping* multiple CToolbars docked in a single row during window resize
I have an MDI app with several toolbars docked in a single row (using DockControlBarLeftOf etc.) I am trying to prevent the rightmost toolbars from repositioning beneath the other toolbars in the same row as the main window frame is resized. Currently each toolbar is automatically repositioned on the left of the screen in order to prevent it going out of view as the window width shrinks. I would like to keep the toolbars as they are initially set; in a single row, during any window sizing operations. I still need to make the toolbars *manually* draggable, floatable and moveable by user mou...

Searching for Newsgroups

Search & replace in formulae

How to copy headers/footers across worksheets
Can I copy headers and footers from one worksheet to another in a workbook without copying the entire sheet? Bruce Select the sheet with the header/footer you wnat. Right-click and "Select all sheets". File>Page Setup>Headers/Footers and OK your way out. All sheets will have that setup. DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets after you're done. What is being done to one will be done to all. Could make for some interesting changes<g> Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:19:05 -0800, BruceD <BruceD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy ...

Creating multiple splits
Does anyone know how to create a spreadsheet with more than 1 vertical split? Cannot be done. Try Window>New Window then Window>Arrange. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 16 Apr 2007 09:28:37 -0700, Casmusse@gmail.com wrote: >Does anyone know how to create a spreadsheet with more than 1 vertical >split? Hey Gord, Is that a typo? <<<"Cannot be done">>> You THEN ... described how to do it!<bg> -- Regards, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all...

Creating customised calendars
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

attach multiple files to an email
I am trying to send multiple small pdf files from Access 2003 via Outlook to different districts. The problem is, that I don't know the number of attachments -- it varies by district and by date sent. It could be 1 or it could be up to 30. In my email code I tried to loop through a recordset and then keep attaching the files, but it's not working. My code is as follows: Dim cnnLocal as new adodb.recordset Dim rs As New ADODB.Recordset Set cnnLocal = CurrentProject.Connection rs.Open "select Path from tblTemp_ToDistrict where DistrictID = " & rsDistrict!OfficeID...

Search engine optimization

lookup over multiple ranges
I want something to the effect: =if(iserror(vlookup(a1,range1,2,false)),vlookup(a1,range2,2,false),vlookup(a1,range1,2,false)) but I want to do this without using an if iserror function. Is there a way to do this? An array formula perhaps? Thanks. it is possible, if both Range1 and Range2 contain same number of rows Step1 Define range name Range1 = $e$5:$f$10 Range2 = $k$5:$l$10 .. .. .. Lookup Value placed in H5 =vlookup(h5, indirect("Range"&sumproduct((e5:e10=h5)*1+(k5:k10=h5)*2)),2) <thedevilkaiser@gmail.com> ???????:1164072471.121573.61230@m73g2000cwd.googleg...

public calendar and private calendars
I was wondering if there was a way to link a users public and private calendars. For example, our company has a sales public folder. I would like to have all sales people have their own private calendars, but be able to make the "public" events show up on that shared public folder calendar. Is this possible? I am running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Jason ...

Adding Multiple Lines On A Secondary Axis?
I am working with a line-column on 2 axes chart . Columns are charted on the primary axis and a line is charted on the secondary axis. I am trying to add a second line to the secondary axis. Can anyone help? Thanks -- al Hi, One way is to use the Add button on the Series tab of the Source data dialog. Right click chart and pick Source Data from the context menu. If the new series is not automatically a line series simply select it, right click and choose Chart Type. Select required line chart. You can also use copy and Pate special to add data to a chart. Cheers Andy al wrote: ...

Outlook 2003 multiple issues. Does this thing work?
Had Outlook 2002. Worked fine. Upgraded to Outlook 2003. Now all kinds of problems. Uninstalled, reinstalled, ran updates, etc. still no help. Here are problems. 1. Crashed all the time with a ntdll.dll error 2. If I send in Rich Text or HTML format the messages arrive completely blank. 3. Cannot customize any view. The flag column is about the 5th column over and header status is the 1st. I have removed header status and moved flag about 2,000 times and they don't move or go anywhere. Seems they put customize view in there just to give you something to click on so they ...

How do I compare data across series and categories in the same gra
I have 2 categories of data - production & consumption of energy. within these categories, the data is further broken down into the energy source (eg. oil, gas etc). I want to graph the data in such a way that production and consumption totals are plotted as a time series, with each one showing the contribution from the specific energy sources. Is this possible with any of the default graph types? If yes, which one? If not, can I create a custom graph type? how? Thank you, in advance, for any inputs, advice, suggestions etc. ...

Images do not print when printing multiple messages
My Outlook 2003 started having a problem. I am using it under Windows 2000. I used to be able to select several messages and hit the print button to have them all print. This morning I tried doing that, but all the messages printed without the images, just the text instead of the pictures. Everything prints fine if I just select one message at a time. Anybody have this before? I was able to resolve this by setting Outlook to compose messages in HTML format. I guess when Outlook is set to write in Plain Text then printing Multiple HTML messages will print them in Plain Text mode. Paul Be...

Closing Multiple Activities 05-31-06
Is there an easy way to close multiple activities? In this case, a group of letters. No way to do this in the CRM interface ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "gwhite" <ghwhiteDELETE@pwco.com> wrote in message news:D7E04A8A-8193-4D1E-8E2D-F30DE2472EC7@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way to close multiple activities? In this case, a group > of > letters. Is there a direct SQL way to do this? ie, Select all activity records for a user and close them? "John O'Donnell" wrote: ...

Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet
Creating Multiple Pie Charts from Excel Sheet I have an Excel sheet with the following: -1 header row with the column names. -5 individual rows of unique numerical data underneath. How can I create 5 separate pie charts each using a separate row and the header row without going through the chart wizard for each separate row? Needless to say, I have about 75 rows in the actual example. Any suggestions? What version are you using? If 2007, suggest create one that looks how you want it, save as a template. Then select the next lot of data, click F11 to create a chart. When all are created go...

excel VBA

Multiple fields using to search
Hi, Something i've been batteling for weeks with and theres probably such a simple answer to it and i just cant see it: Riiiight, i have this form (lets call it frmClientSearch) On this form i have a 2 list box thinghys; One called lstEmployee which is populated with Employee names and the other lstCity which is populated with City Names. Then i have a command button (cmdSearch) which, once click and values selected in both the lst boxes, should return only the values that are equal to both the lst boxes in a new form called frmSearchResult. (Hope i make sense) So... I know how ...

how to delete the same columns across a workbook
how to delete the same columns across a workbook Hi, Hold down the CTRL key and click each sheet tab to group them. On the visible sheet delete the column abd it will be deleted on all grouped sheets. Click a sheet tab to un-group sheets. Mike On 5 Jan, 19:39, RPM <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to delete the same columns across a workbook ...

HMONITOR problems with multiple monitors
I need to determine if a window I am about to open is on a valid monitor. That is, the user may have positioned it on an external monitor that no longer exists (laptop w/ external monitor later opened on laptop only is typical scenario to cause this). According to MSDN, I should be able to ask for the HMONITOR of the rectangle of the window, and get a NULL value if the monitor does not exist. I tried: HMONITOR hMonitor = MonitorFromRect(frame, MONITOR_DEFAULTTONEAREST); where 'frame' is the window rect. I always get a valid HMONITOR value though, even if I have positioned the...

publisher calendar #4
I'm making a school year calendar with Publisher 2003 -- how do I highlight and shade or fill individual days or weeks? Right-click the cell, format table, color... More than one day, click the cell, move the cursor until it high-lights the cell, continue until all the cells you need are selected. Help is your best friend... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "braznell" <braznell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043C2438-CB0C-4DCD-BE21-EBDAC4DC5274@microsoft.com... > I'm makin...