Public Calendars not in Calendars Group

RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007

I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in my
"Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook.

I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007.  Her
version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional.  Her copy is
an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install.

I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to
favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these methods
work.

Pleae help!  Thank you!!!

You need to add it to the public folder favorites then it should show up on
the calendar module.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"rziegler80" <rziegler80@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> RE: Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007
>
> I have Outlook 2007 and I have three of our company's public calendars in
> my
> "Calendar">"Other Calendars" group in outlook.
>
> I cannot get these calendars to display in a coworker's Outlook 2007.  Her
> version of outlook is the same, and we both have professional.  Her copy
> is
> an Upgrade from 2000, and mine was a full install.
>
> I can see the calendars in her outlook folder list, I've tried "add to
> favorites", and I've tried dragging and dropping, but none of these
> methods
> work.
>
> Pleae help!  Thank you!!!

0
Diane

How can I import Excel file to Calendar
I want to import excel file to calendar, which contain our company holiday, but after I import and select file, it shown " Has no named range in Microsolf 2003", what I'm wrong, and what it's meaning? This file saved as ..xls Please help "Hunsa" <Hunsa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FE25358-1BB9-4B68-AF92-4B3E490F22F2@microsoft.com... > I want to import excel file to calendar, which contain our company > holiday, > but after I import and select file, it shown " Has no named range in > Microsolf 2003", ...

Get Reminders for Calendar to go to several different email addres
Hi I am using Outlook 2007 and I would like a reminder to not just pop up when I open my outlook account but reminder emails to be sent to a different email address for appointments. Is this possible within Outlook or do I have to use 3rd party software? Thanks Ailish "Ailish" <Ailish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B9374BB-7F86-47BC-93CB-D39DF71018ED@microsoft.com... > I am using Outlook 2007 and I would like a reminder to not just pop up when > I open my outlook account but reminder emails to be sent to a different > email &...

Add a AD user to local group using directoryentry
During PC setup and before a computer is logged into the domain I want to add a AD user to a local group. Here is the logic I am trying: Dim deLocal As New DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("WinNT://" + Environment.MachineName + ",computer") Dim sUserDN As String = "CN=UserID,OU=Marketing,DC=MyDomain,DC=com" Dim deUser As New System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("LDAP://MyDomain.com/" & sUserDN, "ADadmin", "password", DirectoryServices.AuthenticationTypes.Secure) Dim deGroup As DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry ...

public folder auto reply #2
I have this strange issue- i have set an auto reply on a PF which works great. however when i put this PF into a Universal group, when sending email to the group, the autoreply breaks. There ae no restrictions on this group and i have "allow automatic forward" checked off in the default internet properties. I'm running exchange 2k3 sp2 i could swear this worked before for other folders. thanks a lot! ...

Monitored Discussion Groups
Anyone know where these are located???? As per our "enhancement" agreement??? Tami farrelly I assume they are at privatenews.Microsoft.com, but you will find that there is very little traffic in these newsgroups. This is the active one. Tami Farrelly wrote: > Anyone know where these are located???? > > As per our "enhancement" agreement??? > > Tami farrelly Hello Tami, If you're enrolled in the Standard A, Standard B, or Software Assurance service plans, you receive the Managed Newsgroups benefit. With this feature, you can access the Public Ne...

Public folder replication NDR
I've been trying to figure this out for some time now. All of a sudden, public folders are not replicating between the E2K and E2K3 servers. I get an NDR about not having permission to send to the recipient, it being the E2K server. I've looked at various articles from MS and cannot find the problem. This is of course also affecting free/busy, users on one server cannot see info for users on the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. .. ...

restoring public folder calendar events
is there a way to restore deleted events in a public folder calendar? Pearl <Pearl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to restore deleted events in a public folder calendar? Remember to include your version & SP levels of everything when you post in here as it can make a big difference. The answer is yes, if you've got deleted item retention enabled for the public store and it's within the time limit. Make sure to enable the DumpsterAlwaysOn reghack on a workstation and then try to use tools | recover deleted items to see the old data & ...

Calendar
I'm using Outlook 2007 and once in a great while I accidentally move a Calendar item to another day, a day I did not intend to. Is there a way to have a prompt - 'Are you sure you want to move this?' ... or something like that? Thanks, Dave Horne "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:%237GZFTIuJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007 and once in a great while I accidentally move a > Calendar item to another day, a day I did not intend to. > > Is there a way to have a prompt - 'Are you sure you want to m...

Divide into groups.
I have a list of 25 to 50 people and would like to divide them into 13 groups. How would I do this? Just to clarify. The names or in A1 – A52 and I would like to sort them in A1 – 52. If there are only 26 names then they would be in groups of 2 down A1 – A52. Thanks! Jeff "Jeff" wrote: > I have a list of 25 to 50 people and would like to divide them into 13 > groups. How would I do this? I assume you are looking to randomly assign the people to the groups. Is there any other restictions? Do you want to evenly divide these people among the groups so 25 pe...

List, Combo Box, and or Group Opitions
Is there a way to allow user to select mutliple choices like with a Look Up Field? This can be for either Form (data enter) or table. The data I am try in to collecte involves whether a client is currently using 1 or more applications. I do not want to have to dedicate a whole field to 1 data field. Thanks for your help You can have a multi-select list box. I do not understand what you mean by dedicating a whole field to 1 data field. What is supposed to happen after selecting the item(s)? majordave wrote: >Is there a way to allow user to select mutliple choices like w...

Group Policy for Registry Permissions yielding Red X Icon on RSOP
Greetings, I'm trying to include registry permissions in my policies to lock down certain keys. Every single key I select I get a "Red X Icon" on the registry key and the error message says the following: "The policy xxxxx resulted in the following error Unknown error. Ofr more information, see %windir%\security\logs\winlogon.log on the target machine." Well winlogon.log looks perfectly fine, it isn't complaining about anything. Further, the permissions on the key did apply successfully. What gives? Hello -, Which OS version, SP/patch...

Exchange Server Quota Message Service
Using QMS for Exchange 2003, can I make this add-on so that some storage groups do NOT get the QMS storage notifications? If so, can I still use the system attendant (built in) storage notification for those SG's (or stores), that are not part of QMS ? Bottom line, can I use both types of storage notification methods on the same E2k3 Box? SRP ...

Report Sorting/Grouping statement too long to edit
The too long to edit Statement is: =IIf([Rcd]<=36,(2*[Rcd]+5-((([Rcd]-1) Mod 12))), _ IIf([Rcd]>36,IIf(Int((([Rcd]-((([Rcd]-1) Mod _ 6)+1))/6)/2)= _ (([Rcd]-((([Rcd]-1) Mod 6)+1))/6)/2,(-2*[Rcd]+150)+ _ (((([Rcd]-37) Mod 6)*3)-9),((-2*[Rcd])+150)+ _ (((([Rcd]-37) Mod 6)*3)-15)),0)),"") The statement can be broken into two parts at the second IIf. But then I don't know how to take the output of the first statement and feed it into the second statement. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Chuck This looks like a "business rule" type expression. Create a sm...

Shared Calendars #2
I am using outlook 2003 and in my calendar portion I have an option to open shared calendar. When I browse to pick out names from contacts to share calendar with. I get an error "Unable to display the folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user". My question is how do I configure this option, also is there a better way to share 2003 outlook calendars without investing in Exchange or SBS 2003. Thank you. SM Calendar sharing is only available through Exchange. See this page for some alternatives: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm --�...

Public Folder Replication #20
Is it possible to replicate Public Folders from an exchange 5.5 server to a 2003 exchange server? The servers are in completely different domains (different companies) but there is a trust established between NT and 2003 Server. The 2003 exchange server is NOT in mixed mode. the InterOrg Replication tool can do this... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238573 "MJG" <MJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:711BD677-8107-4459-91B2-36DF3E920BCB@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to replicate Public Folders from an exchange 5.5 server t...

Calendar view problem
The calendar view seems corrupt for one of my outlook 2000 users. When I try to resolve the issue by right clicking on the calendar: under general \ when posting to this folder it should be appointment but it says post ,and it will not let me change it to appointment. Any ideas What version of Outlook and is this with an Exchange server? What version for Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After sear...

Recovery Group Question
Hi all, My boss asked me to figure out an interesting question and I didn't know the answer. Say we have an Exchange 2000 server and something happens and we need to move it to an Exchange 2003 box. Assume that there are no backups, but we have the Exchange database files, and logs, are we able to use the recovery groups in Exchange 2003 to mount an Exchange 2000 database? Before I get flamed here, no this hasn't happened and yes we backup ALL of our servers...so this is more of a functional question, will it work? Thanks! Michael Fairly certain this will work with Exch...

Public Holidays and Exchange
Hi Is there any quick method of adding all UK public holidays into everyones calendars in Exchange. Thanks B I think there was an article on this on the office.microsoft.com site....essentially, you create the calendar, export it to pst, and then import it into everyone's calendar. Or, you can create a .hol file, and have everyone import it... Here is one link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010750021033.aspx "Ben" <Ben@NoSpam.com> wrote in message news:OO4kG$wKFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > Is there any quick method of a...

Public folder replication from 5.5 to 2000
Hi, I'm in the midst of replicating almost 5000 public folders from a 5.5 server to a 2000 server. First question: I have to go into the properties of every single public folder on the 5.5 server and add the 2000 server to the list of servers to enable replication (replicas tab). This is taking forever and is rather tedious. Is there a utility out there, such as exchange 2003's pf migrate, that will do the replication en masse? Second question: Once replication is setup between the 2000 and 5.5 servers, and is in sync, for all the public folders, will I have to go back ...

How does the time interval work on a calendar view?
I'm trying to create a calendar view based on a custom list on a team services site. The list has a column to indicate if it should be displayed in the calendar view. The list also has a 'date' column which indicates the date that the item in the list is due. When I create a calendar view the only options I get for time interval are 'created' and 'modified'. So, when I create the calendar view all of the items that should be displayed show up on the same date (either the date I created or modified the item). I'd like the items to show up on th...

Outlook Public folders
Hi I have a request to Add a Number of Feilds to a Public Contact list within the public folders. When logged in as administartor i can create the "User-Defined Fields" and add the to the contact view, but when i log in as the end user the fields can not be viewed. Also the User can not create and any "User-Defined Fields" the "NEW" button is greyed out. I have given that user owner permission and admin rights over the Public Contacts which made no differance. The Fields can be added using create custom veiw and adding the field that way but i...

Usergroup on CRM
This one is not working out at all. I have had a question posted for over 24 hrs. this is about the third time I have tried to install CRM ove the past year. Looks like Vaporware to me. It can get frustrating beyond reason. I have a fresh install of smb 2003 R2 server premium editiion . Exchange server is working, sharepoint/companyweb is working. Documentation states a workable sql is automatically installed with R2. I tried to install SQL 2005 from the Microsoft Windows Small Business server 2003 R2 Premium Edition DVD Disc. The MSFT website says CRM 3.0 is made for this...

how do I mark several dates on a publisher yearly calendar
I need to mark several dates individualy on a yearly calendar,in office 2000 I was able to do this with the circle or rectangle tool but in 2003 this only inserts a text box which moves the figures not encircles them unless I am doing something wrong any suggestions would be helpful. You can still use the circle or rectangle tool (autoshapes) in 2003. Once you encircle the dates, send the circle/rectangle to the back. Be certain your calendar has no fill. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "walob" <wal...

Distribution groups #11
Can an existing distribution group (with a valid SMTP address) be converted into a mailbox? If yes, what's the best way to do this. If not can I just delete the distro group and add it as a mailbox? Thanks, Mike a group cannot be "converted" into a mailbox...what is it you're needing to do? group and mailbox are two distinct types of objects... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "md10" <mdiperi10@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161372884.704453.20000@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Can an existing distribution group (with a valid SMTP address) be > con...

Public Folder Stores
Hey there :) I finally added the MS news groups in hopes we could get some help. From the server (locally) when trying to access the ESM, I'm getting an odd error when i try to add or even VIEW anything in the public folder store. The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072afc Exchange System Manager I've tried about everything I can find, and searches dont even turn up someone with that same error HELP! *laugh* Thanks //warren Is Outlook installed on the server? On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:59:55 -0900, "warren bail...