importing dates and tasks from excel to outlook

hi :) is it possible to import tasks from excel to outlooks calendar, so i
dont have to do it one by one in outlook, but all at once by importing from
excel?

Sure. What happens when you try?  Hint: export from Outlook so you can get
the field names to use, then you won't have to map fields before importing
and save the excel sheet as CSV so you don't have to name the range.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?

"hiki" <hiki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi :) is it possible to import tasks from excel to outlooks calendar, so i
> dont have to do it one by one in outlook, but all at once by importing
> from
> excel?

-1
Diane

Date conversion
I am trying to separate dates and times in a spreadsheet through right and left formulas. After using these two formulas, Im getting my date answer in the format of 40,104, etc., and the time format in a similar format. I have tried changing the format on this and all other methods I can come up with, but nothing seems to work for me. Anybody have a suggestion on how to make the dates and times show up in their original format/ -- pete Assume that you are having the below value in A1 cell. A1 40,104 B1 cell =TEXT(A1,"DD/MM/YYYY") It will return the resu...

Subtracting dates?? AGRRRRRRRRR!!!
I am subtracting 2 dates. To keep in simple, I am just subtracting th dates in 2 cells as I am having trouble with datedif. Anyways, when enter the formula, =sum(a1-a2), it does the trick, but, before I hav entered the dates I want the difference in, it put a number like -3820 in the cell. How can I get Excel to just leave the cell blank until enter a date? Once again, thanks in advance. Miles Ree -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http:/...

Importing messages #6

Import and export

Importing data

Run excel when logged off.
Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in. Is that possible? Thanks, Jasper What happens when you try? Of course if you try accessing "mapped drives", you will have to fix that issue too. Jaz wrote: > Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? > > I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to > have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in...

Can I export from Excel to ACT
I have a huge contact list on an Excel spreadsheet and I was hoping I would be able to export it straight into my Act contact manager. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Parm, Look at the ways Excel can save, and compare with what ACT can take as input. In Excel, do File - Save as, and go through the formats shown in the "Save as type" box. See which, if any, Act can open or import. The csv would seem a likely one. Or txt. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Parm" <Parm@discuss...

transfer data in excel between sheets
What I am looking to do is get a function button (or similar) on sheet 1 that can recognise the data put in a column and upon a click of a button transfer data held in a certain cell elsewhere and the date onto sheet 2. If this is not possible, what the whole purpose I am trying to do is on sheet one have a=50 fields per day, where 3 figures are entered per line, 50 lines (ie 150 pieces of data per day) which calculates the average of the 3 numbers per row, and then the average of all these numbers appears in a seperate field on the spreadsheet (this I have already achieved.) Then this...

categories in Outlook
There must be a way to set a default category for use in Outlook? But, I cannot find a method. Can anyone help? Eric ...

SumProduct using Date Range
I need to sum a values using multiple criteria and a date range. Example - I need to sum the total amount of all investors that have an "N" in the n/e column, are in a specified region, in a specified fund, and are between the dates of 2/1/2010 through 3/1/10. Can't seem to get this to work? Any help is greatly appreciated. n/e Inv Date Investors Amount Fund Region E 2/1/2010 Client 1 $250,000 1 Asia E 2/1/2010 Client 2 $20,000 2 North America N 2/1/2010 Client 3 $14,000 4 North America N 2/1/2...

How do i change the height and width of a single cell in Excel?
You change the height of the cell by changing the height of the entire row, and the width of the cell by changing the width of the entire column. The cell cannot be independently resized, because then all the other cells wouldn't fit. You can merge contiguous rectangular ranges together to create super-cells. Depending on your objective, merging cells may have undesired side-effects. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ lotus1107 wrote: ...

Opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel
Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 Release 9 for Windows) files "Jim Warren" <Jim Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote... >Is there a convertion filter for opening Lotus *.123 files in Excel. >I can convert *.wk? files, but I am unable to open *.123 (Lotus 1-2-3 >Release 9 for Windows) files The .wk? file formats predated Microsoft securing +90% market share, so way back then they had to compete in terms of interoperability. The .123 file format came after Mi...

OUTLOOK links & pictures
My outlook received e-mails have suddenly stopped displaying pictures and links. Can anyone please help ?? ...

excel 97 xml import

Investmnet transactions by tx date vs. settlement date?
When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes seems like more). Is there a way to set the default to record and track transactions by the trade date rather than the date the trade settles? In microsoft.public.money, spacebased wrote: >When I download broker transacitons, they appear to be recorded base dupon >the settlement date rather than the transaction date. This can confuse me as >the difference is up to 5 days (sometimes s...

Importing Dynamic data

recover damaged excel file
I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Hi, what message do you get?, ask your IT department usually they backup all the files, did you send the file to somebody? "Nora_Italy" wrote: > I have a workbook creater with Excel 2000 just a few days ago but there's no > way to open it. Coud anyone give me any suggestion? Thank you Eduardo. I don't get any error message, the file just doesn't open. Unfortunatately we backup files only once a month and I created...

syncing excel 2007...
hi all community members... I have excel 2007 and sync all my office 2007 files to a online backup. unfortunately for excel this is not done I have to restart my computer (windows ultimate) for it to be synced (the company is ‘humyo’ which I think is one of the best...) I phoned them up and was told I must have ‘some sort of lock’ on these workbooks. I have been through the settings and thought it was privacy/personal information but am lost. can someone please help and I look forward to a reply. very much appreciated. Paul. I can't think of anyth...

how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mm/dd/yyyy
how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) I want them displayed as regular dates (ie 01/31/2010) If it's a column of cells... Select the column Data|text to columns (in xl2003 menus) choose fixed width, but don't have any delimiter lines Choose Date (ymd) This will convert the data to dates. Now you can format the ranyge the way you like. Datahead wrote: > > how do I convert date format yyyymmdd to mmddyyy > > I have rows of dates displayed as yyyymmdd (ie 20100131) > > I wan...

how do I type over a pic on excel
Unless you put the picture in the Background (Format/Sheet/Background), in which case it will be tiled throughout the entire sheet, you can't directly type over a picture because pictures "live" in the Drawing layer above the cells. You can make the picture transparent (Format/Picture) to see text in the cells beneath. You can also use the Camera Tool to create a linked picture of a cell and position it on top of the other picture. Set the Fill to No fill, and the border to No Line. What I do is to put a text box over the picture and format it with n lines and no fill...

Importing JEs through the Table Import

Outlook Express 6 #51
On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now when I go to OE I can't open, send any e-mail or open my address book. An error message comes up that says Msimn This program has performed an illegal operation....and it closes OE. How do I fix this? -- Thanks, Cathy Cathy Wing wrote: > On April 16, I downloaded Window update. I run Windows 98. I was running > Outlook Express 5. I updated at the time of the Windows update to OE6. Now > when I go to OE I can't open, send ...

Export to Outlook 2010
I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You open the previous data file, but then you might mean your data is on one PC and you want to open it on a new PC? Not realy enough info "Jimmy" <Jimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92C5E4A4-1EA0-4361-A37A-ADACC890CBC0@microsoft.com... >I have the new BETA MS/office. All is good except how do I get my Outlook > "07" date into the new BETA Outlook 2010? You can connect to an existing pst-file via...

Excel power toy for media playlist...
Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list so that it could be opened in Excel. Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? Thanks. Frank Frank wrote: > Awhile back there was a power toy that would convert a media play list > so that it could be opened in Excel. > Anyone got a copy or know where I could download a copy? > Thanks. > Frank Never mind, I found it...the bonus pack! Frank ...