how do i turn off autodelete of past events in Outlook calendar

How do I turn off the automatic deletion of past events in Outlook calendar?
I am using Outlook 2007 12.0.6514.5000

Why is it that every iteration of Outlook gets more unusable?

Are you syncing with a smartphone or pda?
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/missing_appt.asp

if not, are you using autoarchive?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Poll: What version of Exchange server do you use?

"Disgusted Dennis" <Disgusted Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:4E8A7792-0820-4014-BDC5-7351CDBA20A4@microsoft.com...
> How do I turn off the automatic deletion of past events in Outlook
> calendar?
> I am using Outlook 2007 12.0.6514.5000
>
> Why is it that every iteration of Outlook gets more unusable?

0
Diane

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Sharing Calendars from the Server
Hello, We have a Windows 2003 Small Business Server with Exchange. The owner of the company would like to have access to all his employees calendars (which is less than 10 people). I know how to share out the calender by logging in as a user and sharing it via Outlook, but is there a way to make the same configuration changes from the server? I'd like to expodite the sharing process (and learn a new trick)! Many Thanks, Grant ...

How do I copy a website page and paste into powerpoint?
I don't remember how to 'copy & paste' a web page into a powerpoint presentation. I managed to paste it into MS Word, but all the graphics are lost when I insert it into powerpoint. I think there is also a way to copy a web page without all the tool bars on the top, but I can't figure it out. I would use a screen shot. You can open PPT and open the webpage, then, with the webpage showing, press Alt + Print Screen. Then in PPT, press Ctrl+V to paste the screenshot. Use the Crop tool on the Picture toolbar if you want to crop out the toolbars. -- Echo [...

Outlook 2003 Sorting Issues
I have a very important user that is having issues sorting in Outlook. Here are the notes that I have: 1. If you sort by "from", it will sort from A - Z, but in the middle of "C", you will see a name that starts with "J". If you expand that user that starts with "J", then you see a ton of emails that aren't even from that user. And when you open up an email that is from that user, thier name isn't specified in the from, to, or bcc fields. 2. He has an mailbox that is almost 7GB in size. His inbox has 75,297 emails, almost 18,000 of those a...

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

Error in outlook 2003
I installed W2K and Office 2003. After setting up an email account in outlook, I'm receiving the following error: "Task 'Mariano - sending' reported error (0x80040154) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040154'" Also, while setting my email account and when I select 'Test Account Settings.' I received a quick window where the Tasks 'Find outgoing mail server (SMTP)' and 'Find incoming mail server (POP3)' are being showed as 'Cancelled' so NO successfull test was made!! Any idea what could be the problem? Thank you! Mariano On the task side...

Forcing the OnDraw event function
Hi, I want ot call a drawing function in my code from a function that doesnt have direct access to a CDC object. Usually in my code i have a render function for each fothe objects that i draw where the CDC *pDC is passed as a parameter to each of these functions. And the original caller of all these render functions is the OnDraw event function that has a valid CDC objecct passed to it. My issue is that i have already rendered a spcific object and i have made some changes to this object wihtin a function and i then want to redraw this object based on the changes that i have made. If i...

The operation failed Outlook 2000
When I try to close my archive pst (folders) I get this message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I'm using Outlook 2000 thanks Plugster Have you run scanpst.exe against the file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Plugster asked: | When I try to close my archive pst (folders) I get this message | | "The operati...

Outlook 2000 Process
I have a user on a Win XP Pro PC who is using Outlook 2000. When he exits Outlook, the Outlook.exe process is still running. I've uninstalled McAfee, his Palm, and a Yahoo downloader, but have had no luck. I also turned off Word as his email editor. Any ideas on how to get Outlook.exe to quit? Thanks, John Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Cover Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail re...

PDF and Outlook Functionality
First off thank you for taking the time to look at my question and any answers you may have to assist. GP is accessed via terminal server from each client machine. On all machines, outlook is installed locally, but not on the terminal server (win2k3). In order for Outlook to populate the inbox information on the home screen area within GP and to use functions such as "send to" when printing to screen output, does Outlook need to be installed on the terminal server? -My second question is, would this have to work the same way with our Acrobat writer? Does Acrobat need to be installe...

Outlook XP runs in background??
My Outlook seems to have a tray icon show up every now and then - even though I don't have it open? How can I shut it down? JDS Something is keeping it open - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm for ideas. You'll want to install http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout so you can easily see if it's running and force it closed, until you identify the culprit. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickSta...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

create outlook email template?
does anyone know how to create a template for an email message in outlook? some people here want a general template that they can open and fill out the fields and just email it to whoever needs it, but they would like it to open from outlook? any idea how i should go about creating a template for this purpose? thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/forms.htm. All people getting that form would need to have a copy of it published in their Outlook or would need to have it in the Organizational Forms Library in an Exchange organization, plus the form would have to go out as RTF for this to ...

outlook 2000 #22
Hi, Everytime when I open up someone else calendar, it minimizes the display of the calendar to the taskbar? I have looked around for any help and no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks J ...

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Importing outlook.pst into Outlook.
My machine was running WinXp os with Office XP suite. I wanted to change my OS to Win2k Pro so I backed up my files including my outlook.pst file to a cd. I reinstalled my OS loaded the Office XP Suite. Now when I open Outlook and try to import my outlook.pst file I get the following message. File access denied. You do not have the permission required to acces the file c:\outlook.pst Using Windows Explorer locate the pst file and then right click on it and choose Properties > uncheck the Read Only checkbox > OK out "Steve Harthun" <steve_harthun@transfreight.com> w...

Event ID 2035
We are getting the following event error: "The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'SYSTEM' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. " The event id is 2035.This started happening after we created an account called postmaster and gave it a system administrator email address.We did this so that messages from the system attendant will have a sender's adress that says postmaster@ourdomain.com Does anyone know how to solve this ? ...

microsoft CRM error when outlook 07 is started
Hi, please help We currently have CRM 3.0 and the client installed on 9 other PC's all working fine with outlook 03 and 07 I have a Error message when opening Outlook 03 - ***There is a problem communication with Microst CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later ....*** I can log into CRM through the browser fine. the PC I'm using i have taken over from an old user who used CRM through Outlook fine. I have been asigned to the domain admins group. firstly I uninstalled The CRM client from the old users profile. then logged in and installed the client, In my ad...

Outlook blocking attachments
I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? Thanks, Dan Dan wrote: > I am running Outlook 2000 and when I recieve an email with > a .bat or .exe extension it blocks the attachment. How is > that turned off so the attachments can be delivered? > > Thanks, > Dan try here: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm ...

Pasting a range
I need to paste the range "WHrange" from sheet "WidthHeight" to R1C1 in sheet "Results" BUT I only want Values and Formats. Incidentally, what already exists in the Results" sheet has to be moved to the right to make space so seven columns must be inserted first - I can do that by selecting the first seven columns and "Insert Column" but can that be done indirectly too? Ok I can record but I should prefer to do it directly, rather than messy time wasting switching from one sheet to the other. I have tried but cannot get it right. Thanks. F...

MS Outlook 2007 #3
I have had the MS Office 2007 Professional for about a year now and really like it. It also has the SP2 installed. It has been kind of acting funny now for about 4 months abd today the computer locked up and shut down while my wife was reading her e-mail. When I rebooted all of Office programs work except the Outlook portion. It starts to come up but then I get an error that it cannot open up the Outlook window. I tried to run the repair from the disk. Doesn't work! Then I removed the entire Office 2007 package and reloaded it complete with the SP2. Everthing works but I still get ...

Rules in Outlook 2003 #7
Can anyone tell me where Outlook is storing rules ? Are they stored in pst file ? Best Regards Rafal Harrison-Staska Yes, in the inbox. You can see them if you use OutlookSpy. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/fix_junk.htm has instructions on using OutlookSpy to view the hidden contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:/...