How do I set default start time, File-New-Meeting "start time"

when we point on a date in the furture - and then click on "File", "New",
"Booking" - then thus form starts at 23:59 the day BEFORE ....
I would like to have to start on the same date - and mayby at 08:00 ...

Will it possible to change the start time?

What happens if you double click on the date or time period?

If you use month view, you'll get all day appointments, if you use a day
view with time periods, you'll get an appointment for the time period.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Manish" <Manish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when we point on a date in the furture - and then click on "File", "New",
> "Booking" - then thus form starts at 23:59 the day BEFORE ....
> I would like to have to start on the same date - and mayby at 08:00 ...
>
> Will it possible to change the start time?

0
Diane

Start Time and End time it maybe for 1 day or it maybe for 2 days
Here is my sheet. I go out Jan 1 @21:00 and get back Jan 2 @09:00 then the next day out @09:00 and back in @21:00. Is there a way to write a formula that will do nothing if C2 is empty then go to the next Day ( C3 ) and count the hours for D3? at the same time if i was to go out and back in like cell B4 on the same day. So i need to have a formula to work for both in one cell and have it choose which one to use. Not sure how i would put it. Should i use IF, OR, AND. this one has me thinking. Who knows it just might be simple. Any ideas???? A B C ...

template or formula for start time -finish time -total hours ple
please could I have a formula or function to enter start time-end time and show total hours/mins for excel =B1-A1 =B1-A1+(A1>B1) =MOD(B1-A1,1) with start time in A1 and end in B1 using excel time format hh:mm:ss the first 2 formulas work if start is before and end is after midnight -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "cc" <cc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD5F3A3B-7101-441C-A18A-93DE69C2D31C@microsoft.com... > please could I have a formula or function to enter start time-end time and > show total hours/mins for excel ...

All day event (Birthday) start time setting for a WORK day, not full day.
Hello, this problem is literally robbing my sleep. I was using Outlook 2003 and now updated to Vista and Outlook 2007. If I create a new contact and enter his/her birthday, Outlook will create a new all day event for this birthday. This is being synched to my Windows Mobile PDA. So far so good. In OL 2003 this birthday "all day event" would remind me 15 minutes before I start working at 8 am. After the Upgrade 2007 now starts an all day event at 0:00 am. This means, my PDA now reminds me at 11:45 in the night about a birthday. How can I set this back? Or how can I tell Outloo...

MS Project Task Start Times
Hello - I am fairly new to MS Project and am having some problems with a Project Plan created for a class I am in. All of the tasks that have the same predecessor automatically have the same start date (even with resources assigned). My instructor is saying that Project will automatically adjust task start times depending on resource availability. My tasks just won't do this. Is this true? She posted an example of her project plan and I noticed that she did not use a start date constraint for these tasks yet they were organized seemingly to resource availability. ...

different start time different days
How can I set different start times for different days? Outlook seems to assume I work every day for the same hours, not so. I was hoping to use its shading as a visual guide for different days, but it wants all days to have the same time schedule. -- qpackard http://forums.slipstick.com Outlook doesn't handle shift work. You could make tentative appointments for the work hours to highlight them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: ...

How do I set default start time, File-New-Meeting "start time"
when we point on a date in the furture - and then click on "File", "New", "Booking" - then thus form starts at 23:59 the day BEFORE .... I would like to have to start on the same date - and mayby at 08:00 ... Will it possible to change the start time? What happens if you double click on the date or time period? If you use month view, you'll get all day appointments, if you use a day view with time periods, you'll get an appointment for the time period. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

daylight saving start time in CDateTimeCtrl
it seems a bug of CDateTimeCtrl: when I set "2004/4/4 2:00" (which is daylight saving start time) to it, it always shows "2004/4/4 1:00". But when I set "2003/10/26 2:00" to it, it shows "2003/10/26 2:00". We've been using CEdit control for all the date/time fields in our project's GUI. one of the screen has a field for users to view/set the daylight saving start/end time. We're thinking of replace CEdit with CDateTimeCtrl to make it easier for users to edit date/time, and this "2004/4/4 1:00" just create confusion. ...

Print View or Print Paper No start time or end time
How come when i print view or print hard copy of my monthly calendar I dont see the start and end time? "dearcc" <dearcc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B8CACE7-6A38-4652-8010-B92713583CAE@microsoft.com... > How come when i print view or print hard copy of my monthly calendar I dont > see the start and end time? Outlook version? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] They only show if the cell is wide enough. Try Landscape format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solut...

Calculating Clock start time in Excel
Hi, I am trying to calculate when an inquiry comes in to our helpdesk outside working hours and when it was answered based on the follwing example. Example: Working hours are 08:00 - 17:00 Monday to Friday. If inquiry comes after 17:00, then the inquiry is attended the next working day and an answer is guaranteed by the close of following working day. If the inquiry comes during working hours, again the garantee is for the answer by close of next working day. I need to be able to measure how long an inquiry has missed the promised deadline by. Can anyone help please? -- Hani Muhtadi -...

I want the start time to move, based on duration and predecessor
This is so frustrating and happens every time I copy and paste from Excel into Project and everything has the same start and end dates. I then put in my links and durations. I would like the start dates to change based on the predecessor and the duration. For example, task 2 is a predecessor for task 3. Task 2 has a duration of 2 days, from May 3 to May 4. I would like Task 3 to start on the next day and last 2 days. I change the duration, but the start time remains the same as Task 2. I don't want to have to manually change all the start dates, but I don't see a way to m...

Auto-Start Timer when Opening Existing Journal Item? #2
Hi folks - I've been looking for a way to automatically start the "timer" feature on an existing journal item every time it is opened, so that the "duration" field in list view collects the aggregate total of how many minutes that journal item has been open since it was created. I have found lots of info on how to auto-start the timer when a NEW journal item is created, but setting starttimer on OPEN still escapes me. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it! michael Here's the VBA code to do start the timer on every journal item. Paste into the built-in T...

Journal Start Time doesn't carry
Using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro. Outlook Journal is set to Group by Categories (in this case my clients). I usually do not create Journal entries via Contacts -- most of the time I make them directly as new Journal entries. The problem: No matter what I put in the start time, my Journal entry is always appearing on the date I create the entry, not the Start Date. If I do a time slip from last week using last week's Start Date, I want the entry to show up under the Journal calendar date for last week, not today. Any tips (other than to do my time slips on the same day)? And many thank...

i need to calculate the total time from a start time to and end t.
-- bob =end_time - start_time and format as time -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78B8ECC1-531D-49B9-A423-DAB674C8AF51@microsoft.com... > > -- > bob ...

Sum values in a column depending on start time in another column
Hi there, My spreadsheet tracks and measures the performance of tasks. In Column B, I have a list of start times in the time format hh:mm in two other columns I have the total time for that work session (Column D) and the output in units in (Column M), I am after a formula that will show the average hourly output for work beginning in each of the 24 hours of a day, it doesn't matter how long the work sessions are. I want to compare the output in an hourly rate for people starting work at various times in the day, to gauge when the most productive time to start is. The results wou...

Calendar & Tasks default start times
Is there any way to set the Calendar and Tasks to default to 8:00 AM when you open them up instead of 12:00 AM? -Rick ...

Start Time and End Time in Business Portal
I am working with a client that must be able to put a start time and end time in Business Portal Time Keeping. This is the second client I have worked with that has this requirement for Business Portal. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.mic...

Auto-Start Timer when Opening Existing Journal Item?
Hi folks - I've been looking for a way to automatically start the "timer" feature on an existing journal item every time it is opened, so that the "duration" field in list view collects the aggregate total of how many minutes that journal item has been open since it was created. I have found lots of info on how to auto-start the timer when a NEW journal item is created, but setting starttimer on OPEN still escapes me. If anyone can help out I'd appreciate it! michael ...

Holiday start time
How do I adjust the default start time for national holidays? Every holiday in my calendar start 1 hour early (11:00 PM) the previous day "mikes5785" wrote: > How do I adjust the default start time for national holidays? Every holiday > in my calendar start 1 hour early (11:00 PM) the previous day Outlook/office 2007 Did you change your time zone after adding them? The easiest fix for holidays is to delete them (use the group by category view and delete the holiday category) then add them again. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http:...

Outlook calendar will not save appointment start times
Hi everyone. This is a new problem that I can't seem to find a solution to. I'm running Outlook 2003 on a Core II Duo Lenovo laptop with Win XP Pro. I've got Norton Antivirus and Internet Security running on the system, and I have also scanned the system with Avast! Antivirus from my U3 drive. I also have a Sony Ericsson bluetooth phone, with bluetooth syncronization to Outlook. Here's the problem: If you enter a new appointment into the Outlook calendar (from calendar view) and click 'Save and Close', the appointment will *not* appear on the calendar. If you switch ...

Print Assistant change Start time
I use the Calendar print assistant to print my calendar. I normally use Long Week 01 or Standard Week 02 templates. The calendar starts at 8am. Is there a way to change this to 7am. My Outlook calendar shows a start time of 7am. Is there any way to further customize these templates. Thanks Kristy You can edit the XML - See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/editcpao.asp for instructions. I have not looked into changing the start times so I don't know where to tell you to look. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

How do I print only event start times on a calendar?
When I upgraded to Office 2007 my calendar prints start and finish times on it, and doesn't leave enough room to print the whole event. I would like to know if there is a way to print only the start times. I print whole month calendars to post in my office, and it's frutrating to not be able to see the whole event. Turn off the option to show end times before printing - right click on the calendar and choose other settings - remove the check from Show end times. You might also want to try the calendar printing assistant or a Word template - they tend to make better pr...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Calculate a projected finish time from start time
Hopefully someone can help me please. Ok heres the problem I have a start date and time and need to add hours to this to display a projected finish time. I have done this with (start date + hours) and this works, but if i need to add hours over 24 it will not allow me. any ideas? Im using a general date field at the moment. Thanks got it working fine now. Ofer Cohen wrote: >Check help on the function DateAdd and the options you have in it > >e.g: for adding houres >DateAdd("h",24,[Start Date]) > >> Hopefully someone can help me please. >> >[quote...

Custom Field to display start time in Hours and Minutes
Hi I'm new to Microsoft Project and I'm just finding my way around but I'm struggling to find out how to display the start time field in hours and minutes, if I try a custom field I can display one or the other and if I try to concat both all I get is #error in the field where usually if I mess it up it'll tell me there's an error in my syntax. Could somebody help a noob out? Hi, For Project 2007: Tools, Options, View, select the Date Format on top of the list. All dates will now include time of day. -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Val...

How can I calculate duration times given a start time
I am trying to do some calculations in Excel given a known start time and a calculated duration time to get a result that is a time or date and time format? How can I do this? =startdate_time+duration =A1+B1 where A1 holds the start date/time and B1 the duration -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Kevin" <khunter@cornerstone.com> wrote in message news:01cf01c39286$a2ef98b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to do some calculations in Excel given a known > start time and a calculated duration time to get a result > that is a time or date and time format? How can I do this...