How do I keep a contact's birthday from appearing on my calendar?

Every time I edit something on a contact, his birthday will appear on my
calendar (even if I already have that person's birthday on my calendar).  So
I am ending up with duplicates of the birthdays.  I am using Outlook 2003 on
XP.

Don't put the birthday in the birthday field or delete all the birthdays
from the calendar and let them be recreated. If the link is broken between
the birthday and the contact it will create a new birthday event the next
time its edited.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"hgood" <hgood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Every time I edit something on a contact, his birthday will appear on my
> calendar (even if I already have that person's birthday on my calendar).
> So
> I am ending up with duplicates of the birthdays.  I am using Outlook 2003
> on
> XP.

0
Diane

Migrating Lotus Domino contacts to Exchange 2003
Using the Lotus to Exchange migration tool worked as needed for moving user information and mail from the old Lotus machine to the new SBS2003 Exchange server. The tool does not do anything with the public contacts, however. What is the best method of migrating the contacts on the Lotus Domino server? I am not too familiar with Domino but I expect there is a way to export the database into a file, but how would I import that same file into Exchange? On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 13:48:05 -0800, A51 <A51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using the Lotus to Exchange migration tool worked ...

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Sharing common Outlook contacts across a workgroup
Is there a way to deny access to personal contact lists withing Outlook and have everyone working from a common contacts listing? "Gary Hill" <ghill@acmsi.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:01b301c35220$b3439e10$a601280a@phx.gbl > Is there a way to deny access to personal contact lists > withing Outlook and have everyone working from a common > contacts listing? Hello Gary, have a look on this site for outlook sharing solutions: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share your Outlook pst file with several users: Public OutLook review on ZDN...

Add contacts to Global
I am a parent trying to get our elementary school up to date. I want to add all the students in the school's CONTACTS (address, phone, email address, etc). They do use Exchange as I saw GLOBAL as an option at one of the teacher's pc. The principal would like me to do this. They outsource their computer technical work, so I am thinking I would need administrative access to add contacts to the global contacts, correct? Since I'm not a network person, but I do know a lot about Outlook, I need to know EXACTLY how to accomplish this and what info I need to find out from the...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Contact list limitation
Is there a limit to the number of contacts you can have in a contact list? We are currently running Exchange 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007. If there is a limit, is it an Outlook limit or an Exchange limit? TIA, Jim P.S. Is there a difference between a contact list and a distribution list? On Thu, 27 May 2010 17:05:02 -0700, Jim in Cleveland <JiminCleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a limit to the number of contacts you can have in a contact list? >We are currently running Exchange 2003 and just upgraded to Outlook 2007. If >...

Customizing the contacts order in the Address Book
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My address book has always had my business partner's email at the top, both in the main Address Book view and when I select a name from the Address Book in New Message (her first and last name start with letters in the middle of the alphabet). If I click on the Name field in either view, the names are not in alphabetical order either by first name or last name. It &quot;appears&quot; to be in the order I last updated the person's info in the Address Book. Essentially I want to keep ...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

Access and Outlook Calendar
I've searched thru this forum and thru the Outlook forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? I tried creating a linked table with Outlook ...

capture sender's contact to 'Contacts Folder'
I would like to find way to automate the task: capture sender's Email Address and From and put into Contacts Folder. Ultimately, I would like to export it as a csv file. Any good suggestion? -- giantimpact http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Modify COntact Form in 2003
I read in the knowledge base that the 2003 contact form layout is from 2002, not 2003. Is there any way to modify the 2003 version of the form? Thanks. The Outlook 2003 contact form can be customized in the exact same way as in any other version of Outlook. The only thing missing when you go into design mode is the new picture control in the contact form. That you manipulate with the ContactItem.AddPicture, .RemovePicture and ..HasPicture properties. The picture is stored as an attachment in the ContactItem. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Begin...

Outlook 2003 with Business contact management synchro or export
I am using Outlook 2003 with Business contact management. I try to synchronize with my PocketPC; it seems to be impossible even with the latest 3.8 ActivSync. So I tried to export manually my business contacts to a csv file and then import it in outlook 2003 standard contact; the import does not work (bad format !) Any advice, Thanks ...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

In a jam. I send contact info to work but they don't get what I se
Hi everyone, I'm in a real jam here & could use some help. I have various Outlook 2007 contacts that I need to send back to my workplace. These contacts have information entered in the "Notes" section. When I attach the contacts in an email no notes are included with any of the contacts. Some Googling led me to go into each contact, then Save As > Export to vCard file, where I saved them all on my Desktop. I thought I was home free because opening a couple vCard files I noticed the "Notes" had been included. However, after opening more vCards I ...

Actual income does not appear in budget
I'm using: - Microsoft Money Plus Deluxe - Version 17.0.120.1415 - Savings & Spending Budget My actual "Wages & Salary Net Income" does not appear when looking at my budget. Thus, I look like I am receiving far less income than expected. The entries do show up in Reports. I've tried adding a recurring bill and that did not show up either. I also tried calling it "Other Income" as well as making up my own category, "Garbage Income". That didn't work either. I'm new to Money so your help is much appreciated. ...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Delete Multiple duplicated Contacts
How do I delete multiple contacts in 1 go from my contacts list in Live Mail? And no the check boxes alongside dont work? Ken Use the normal Windows selection techniques... Ctrl-A to select all hold Ctrl and click on individual contacts click on a contact, hold the Shift key, and click on the end of a block of contacts -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "whatlink" wrote in message news:8D71D267-F43D-4BC8-A570-FADE039E9A1A@microsoft.com... How do I delete multiple co...

free/busy info for public folder calendars?
Is there any way to have public folder calendars publish their free/busy data so that you can book them as a resource and see their availability? Thanks. Outlook 2000 clients with Exchange 2003 SP1 server on W2K3 Nope. Public Folders do not maintain F/B data. If you are wanting to set up a resource that can be booked and see availability, you would need to set up a user account/mailbox for each resource, then I'd recommend downloading the autoaccept agent (available on Microsoft's website for free) and use that to configure the resources. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP Messa...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

>> Calendar Control drag to select range
Hi, using MS Access 2003, is it possible to allow a user to drag to select a range of dates and, if 'yes', how do you store the selected date range? Many thanks, Jonathan Not that I know of. Storing a range of dates is quite simple though. You store the start date and the end date and use a calculation to show all the dates between. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Jonathan" <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F22299F-3765-40D2-AA03-67FB42FFC07A@microsoft.com... > ...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Contacts forwarded or attached from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 are blank
Sending individual contacts from Outlook 2003, either forwarded from the contacts folder or attached as an item in an email, appear on Outlook 2007 as an attached message (msg) instead of a contact item and when opened are blank. How do we fix this? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote in message news:OLBVl1siJHA.2384@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Sending individual contacts from Outlook 2003, eit...