go to date from appointment dialog

many times when i have an appointment open, i would like to jump to the
calendar and view the whole day.  is there a way to jump directly to the date
of the open appointment without having to type in the date i want to jump to
(as with using the "go to" dialog)? thanks.

justme;114868 Wrote:
> many times when i have an appointment open, i would like to jump to the
> calendar and view the whole day.  is there a way to jump directly to
> the date
> of the open appointment without having to type in the date i want to
> jump to
> (as with using the "go to" dialog)? thanks.

Click View>Calendar

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian

Archiving broke
Outlook is not archiving most of my deleted and sent items. Yes, I've read about making sure the modification date is within range as well as making sure these folders are set to archive. THE SETTINGS ARE CORRECT. I heard somewhere that if the msgs modification date is "none", then Outlook interprets this a 1/1/4501 (and empty date) and therefore things don't get archived (my deleted and sent items). Anyone heard if this is true...and if so, is there a workaround?????? Amil Why are you keeping deleted items? If you need to keep them they should be in a specific Folder...

Update table with data from rows with previous dates from specifie
I need to update a table where if a row contains a specified stat value I need to change a date value to the date value of a row with the same subID but a different stat value. My primary question would be if I need a cursor to perform this operation or if it can be done without a cursor (Sql Server 2000 Tsql please). In the sample data below if a stat value is in ('A', 'E', 'U') I need to update that row - I need to update the date2 column with a date1 value from the closest row with the same subID but the stat is in ('N', 'R') and ...

losing date format when referencing date cell on another sheet and
I need to reference a date cell in another sheet in my workbook. I select the cell that needs to display the referenced content. Then in the formula bar I type = . Then I move to the sheet containing the cell I want to reference. I select this cell and then click the green checkmark next to the formula bar. The desired date value now shows up in my display cell in the correct format. But I need to add text to this cell. Now my display date loses its format and becomes a plane number. Here is my reference =Sheet1!B15 Here is what I want to do = "(" & She...

Dates #13
How do you use uppercase format in a Date? Hi AFAIK you can't -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "denise" <denise@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:476F8AB7-59DC-4B4C-8A90-F2345E7179CB@microsoft.com... > How do you use uppercase format in a Date? If you need to later do arithmetic on these cells, or refer the to them in formulas, you should probably be content with Excel's built-in formats. Otherwise you could use something like =UPPER(TEXT(A1,"mmm dd, yyyy")) but be aware that the result is text, not a number and no lon...

Is there a Date Time Conversion from text?
I have DateTime stored as text in an Access db field. Ex: 1/22/2008 10:34:29 AM I want to convert this data form text to a real DateTime value all inclusive. I am able to pull the date DateValue and time TimeValue, but is there a way to get them both together. Thanks Try using CDate or DateAdd DateAdd("D",0,[Your Text Date Time]) CDate([Your text date time]) If your string field could be null, or a zero-length string, or invalid, then I suggest you test it first IIF(IsDate([Your Text Date Time]),CDate([Your Text Date Time]),Null) -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2...

find a date on sheet 2 and count text in that column
I'm lookung for the formula to use that if I was under one date on one page, to look what date im under go to the 2nd page, find that date then count the text specified under that date. My pages are set up as follows: sheet 1 A B C D E 1| 1-oct 2-oct 3-oct 4-oct 2| john text 1 text 1 text 2 text 1 3| jack text 1 text 2 text 1 text ...

when i go into mailings return add always double spaced
I use vista and when typing a letter and i fo into mailings the return address are always double spaced even thought it is not in the letter The operating system is not the issue. The return address on an envelope is formatted with the envelope return paragraph style. - http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> >...

Ensure dates imported into Excel 2003 are shown in DD/MM/YYY form.
Have recently upgraded to a new XP Pro PC with Office 2003 However when exportng accounting reports from MYOB Premier 8, I now find that Excel treats the MYOB dd/mm/yyyy format dates (Australian format) as mm/dd/yyyy (US format) My Win XP Region setting is Australia and my Language setting is English (Australian) How can I adjust the Excel Options to ensure the defualt date format for new Excel sheets is dd/mm/yyyy ? (there's nothing on this in the International tab) Kym Yeoward Alice Springs NT Australia Kym In your WinXP Regional Settings - try having a quick look into the set...

Date Value Error
Hi, I am trying to calculate the number of days between 2 dates, I am sure in the past I have simply just did a formula to say date in cell 1 - date in cell 2, however I get a value error. The dates are formatted i nthe following way 18/11/2009 for example and I just need to calculate the number of days between 2 dates. Many thanks Paula Hi Paula, check if you don't have any spaces, simple formula should work =B1-A1 "Paula" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to calculate the number of days between 2 dates, I am sure in > the past I have simpl...

resizable dialog window
Hello! I would like to create resizable dialog window, but i can't set needed parameters in layout designer. I added WM_SIZE in code, but user is not allowed to resize window. How can i change it? Greetings. "Retrospection" <retro@spection.po> wrote in message news:dsq2j1$l4s$2@atlantis.news.tpi.pl... > > I would like to create resizable dialog window, but i can't set needed > parameters in layout designer. I added WM_SIZE in code, but user is not > allowed to resize window. How can i change it? Bit of a black art, particularly if you want to do it wit...

Setting a cell to not go below an X value, or above a Y value
Hey, This may be very easy to do, but I just don't have a clue, I've look a most excel variables and they just seem to choose MIN and MAX fro columns or tables. What I want to do is I've got the sum adding up say cells A2 and A3 i cell A4. I want cell A4 to never go below 80, or above 200. (Formula in cell A would be =SUM(A2:A3)) Anyone think they can help -- Snake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Snakey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2785 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Date format on checks
How do you change the date format on checks? Money 2005 is using a day/month/year format and several payees have complained that 1/5/05 means 1 May 2005 and their banks are objecting. Have you tried messing with Region Settings for the operating system? "ROBERT L GUTHRIE" <rlguthrie@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:tcXHd.2206$cZ1.904@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > How do you change the date format on checks? Money 2005 is using a > day/month/year format and several payees have complained that 1/5/05 means 1 > May 2005 and their banks are objecting....

Common Dialog Problem
Awesome! Application.GetOpenFilename seems to have taken care of the problems and I won't even have to change too much of my code. Thank you, Jim!!! Nny :) PS I was only using the Common Dialog control because I didn't know of Application.GetOpenFilename <smile> ...

Date field
I have a date field which has a range of dates from 1850 - 1930 Each entry has dd mm yyyy how do I 1) format all fields to read e.g. dd Mmm yyyy 2) sort successfully on all records Bob M Select the range you want to format. Right click. In the Number Tab you will find the field "date" and on the right side you will find the format you need. Hope it helps. "Bob Matthews" wrote: > I have a date field which has a range of dates from 1850 - 1930 > Each entry has dd mm yyyy > how do I > 1) format all fields to read e.g. dd Mmm yyyy > 2) sort successfully ...

Expired dates
So I want to build a view that will show me all records that a date field is before today. This will be used to show records that the end date is before today and need immediate action. I do not want to have to update this view everyday to reflect the most current data. Any ideas or suggestions You can use advanced fine and do it . It can be like expiredate ..........equals .....yesterday ..... OR expiredate .-----------equals -------------xnumber of days /Aamir "Aamir" wrote: > You can use advanced fine and do it . It can be like > > expiredate ........

child dialog #2
hi all, I have a main dialog and in that i have created a put a child dialog. in the main dialog's on paint i fill the rect with black color.. now i want the child dialog also to be painted in the same color as the parent... i tried it make the child dialog transparent but it does not work.. do i really have to handle in child dialogs onpaint or is there any way to make this automatic ie can a child dialog take the background as its parent.. is there any other way.. thank you > I have a main dialog and in that i have created a put a chi...

Flicker problem while creating and destroying child dialog control....
Hi i am facing a flickering problem while creating and destroying child dialogs on a parent dialog. basically its a dialog based applicationb with child dialogs, those appear & destroy on different buttons click. I am placing dialogs on static control rect area. Child dialog create and destroy well but there is flickering problem. Child Dilogs have the following properties set: Style: Child Border: Dailog Frame More Style: visible, control (tick means enable) Extended Style: transparent (tick) Could anybody please help me out Thanks in advance... Mujtaba Set the WS_CLIPCHILDERE...

Calender Dates 20, 28
I have a calender on my work PC that someone previously formatted. I must continue this calender of work events, but have noticed that when I type the numeric dates 20 or 28 and click off of it, the 20 or 28 changes to #. However, when I print the calender the 20 and 28 are visible, not the #. Can anyone solve this puzzle please. Thanks from a Senior Citizen. l.etheridge Excel is not quite WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get). It sounds like you could widen the column(s) just a hair to see the numbers on the screen. (I've experienced the opposite, too. You can see the numbers, ...

What's going on with the trick to copy Sent Items to IMAP folder?
Hi, my name is Santiago. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP2 in Spanish and now I change management of my mail accounts. Now I manage them as IMAP accounts in the Outlook although I knew in advance that Outlook 2003 "doesn't like IMAP accounts very much" ;-) I read about the trick to move a copy of sent messages using a rule. I'm not stupid with computers and configurations at all... and I set the rule and it didn't work. No message is copied to the selected IMAP folder in the rule after I hit the Send button, although the rule works when I apply manually in the local Sent I...

Counting dates
I am trying to count the number of dates in a column that appear b month and year. For instance, I some that are 11/23/2003 and 11/24/200 and 11/21/2002. How can I makew a formula that will count the instance of 11/2003 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =SUMPRODUCT((YEAR(A1:A100)=2004)*(MONTH(A1:A100)=11)) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "jdavis3874 >" <<jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jdavis3874.14770b@excelforum-nos...

Applying DS_MODALFRAME dynamically causes repaint problems in my dialog
I have a dialog whose style I change back and forth if the user calls a function. Specifically I add or remove the DS_MODALFRAME style. The dialog is created WITHOUT this style enabled. My problem is that whenever I add the DS_MODALFRAME style to the dialog, if I switch away from it and then back to it, I get a one pixel-width line of gobbledygook at the top of the dialog. The line at the top shows the contents of whatever window was there when I switched away. In other words, the window is not repainting this line whenever I apply the DS_MODALFRAME style. Can anyone tell me what I need ...

I want to set up a repeating contact for an appointment.
I want to have a specific contact automatically be added to my "Meeting"/Appointment list without having to type it out every time. ...

Restoring to a certain date
Reading about someone's backup procedure made me think of this: When you restore, I assume that you can't restore to a certain date, so in case I needed to ( tax audit etc) I've always backed up every month to a new filename. Not being too anal, but disk space / blank CD's are not an issue for me so it's just as easy... Big picture: on my backup drive I have a Money Folder: in there I have M2001 , M2004 , M2006 folders ( for the different versions) in each of those folders... as I backup each new month I create a new folder. so in M2004 I have a 2006 folder in the...

Listing Dates #2
Hi! I have a spreadsheet with the following info: Date Time Profit 03/10/2003 0132 65 03/11/2003 0358 -22 03/12/2003 2135 120 ..... ..... 10/29/2004 1826 -18 So there are hundreds of rows of data. 1-How can I generate a list of all the MONDAYS to the side of this list? 2-How can I get the average value of PROFIT when Time is <= 14:00) Thank you Maxime 1-How can I generate a list of all the MONDAYS to the side of thi list? you can show Mondays with :- =IF(WEEKDAY(A2)=2,"Monday","") 2-How can I get the average va...

Auto Increment the ToolBar date
Does anyone have an idea on how I can auto increment the date on the ToolBar each night at the stroke of midnight? I'v'e tried to use vba code to do this but I've not been successfull. The real problem I seem to have is that the "BeforeModalDialog" is not executing. I don't see my msgbox text ever... Any tips greatly appreciated! Kevin ===== Private Sub Window_BeforeModalDialog(ByVal DlgType As Long, PromptString As String, Control1String As String, Control2String As String, Control3String As String, Answer As Long) msgbox "Selected" If Left(PromptSt...