Disable room add rooms button in Scheduling Assistant

We are implementing a third party application (Meeting Room Manager)
that uses Exchange Calendar data but maintains it's own database of
conference rooms and features with enhancements over Exchange..  There
is an Outlook plugin that installs, but users need to be forced to
follow new calendaring/scheduling procedure and not be allowed to click
on the Rooms or Add Rooms buttons in the Scheduling Assistant.  We know
we can hide the rooms in Exchange but are concerned this will generate
calls.  Have found documentation on Group Policy that willl block apps
based on command bar id.  Can't find the command bar id for the Rooms or
Add Rooms button.

--
kshuman
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
kshuman

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Add Sub to Button Bar
Is it possible to add a button to the bar at the top and have it run a SUB I wrote? I have several SUBs that I have to run on many different spreadsheets and I get tired of having to attach the module and then run it. It would be so much easier if I could add a button like Adobe does. Do you have your modules in personal.xls? If so, then it is easy to run them from a toolbar. Right click on the toolbar and choose Customize from the popup menu In the dialog, navigate to the Commands tab In the left panel select Tools In the right panel scroll to the bottom and choose one of the Custom ic...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

add to beginning of numbers in list
Hi Wondering if there is any easy way of adding some numbers in front of a whole list of numbers, thanks tim Tim, The following formula will put 123 in front of the number in A2. Copy down with the Fill Handle. =VALUE(123 & A2) For a permanent change, copy this column, then over the original column, do Edit - Paste special - Values. Now you don't need the formula column any more. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:42d5fabd@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi Wondering if there is any easy way of addi...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Add date range
I'd like to add a column to my spreadsheet that includes a range of dates by week, i.e. COLUMN A Week 16/02/09 - 22/02/09 09/02/09 - 15/02/09 02/02/09 - 08/02/09 26/01/09 - 01/01/09 etc COLUMN B Week Number 8 7 6 5 etc Is there a function to do this automatically? I'm using Excel 2007 SP3 Keep it simpler, list/fill down the startdates in col A, enddates in col B, from row2 down. Then in C2, copied down: =WEEKNUM(A2) -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:23,500 Files:370 Subscribers:66 xdemechanik --- "Jonas Trevellion" <jonas.trevellion@g...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Outlook 2003 Add-in: Personal Folders Back-Up
I have recently downloaded the above add-in from the Microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=8B081F3A-B7D0-4B16-B8AF-5A6322F4FD01&displaylang=en Although it seems to work OK, every time I start Outlook I now get a message that says: "Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SMS Add-in requires Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Service Pack 1 or later to run". What should I now be doing?! In news:OSf50LnKGHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Terry Bennett <terry.bennett1@virgin.net> typed: > I have recently downloaded the above add-in from the Mic...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

Add/Remove Programs not finding all programs
I am trying to remove Blackberry Messenger and Add/Remove programs doesn't find it. It is installed in the Program Files folder. I've looked around to see if there was a product unique file removal program but saw none I recognized. Anyone have any thoughts? "Berg" <Berg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5F99188-0851-4FC4-877E-346C499A5A0B@microsoft.com... > I am trying to remove Blackberry Messenger and Add/Remove programs doesn't > find it. It is installed in the Program Files folder. I've looked around to > see if ...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Scheduling service??
Hi everyone, I remember I was on MS web site and they had a service that allowed you to sign up and then access calendars of people who were also signed up on the site. So I could be on my work computer using outlook and add an appointment scheduling my friend who works someplace else but he also uses outlook. I can't find the service...can someone point me to it or even give some description of the service? Thanks! Manta JeffTopper@hotmail.com <JeffTopper@hotmail.com> wrote: > I remember I was on MS web site and they had a service that allowed > you to sign up and then a...

Disabling New Records on Forms in VB
Hi Everyone, I have designed a form which successfully supresses the ability to create new records by setting the AllowAdditions property to "No". The problem is that when I open the form using the code below the form once again allows additions and I can't figure out how to prevent this. I tagged the "Me.AllowAdditions = False" into the openargs section but to no avail. If anyone can spot the problem in my code I would be very grateful. Thanks, John ******* Start Code ******* Private Sub cmdView_Click() Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As ...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...

Disable page caching without disabling caching of jpegs and stylesheets etc
Hi, We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the pages as they contain real time data. I am currently using the following line in the page template on the PreInit event: Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) Will this prevent things like Jpegs and CSS stylesheets from being cached as well? If so is there another way of doing this? Cheers, James JimLad wrote: > We have a data based web app that basically must not cache any of the > pages as they contain real time data. > > I am currently using the following line...

disable F1
Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? Place these in a standard module: Sub DisableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}", "" End Sub Sub EnableF1() Application.OnKey "{F1}" End Sub HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to disable the F1 Hot Key so that the Help Menu doesn't pop up? >. > ...

How to Bulk Add Notes to Customer Master Records
We would like to add notes to customer records in bulk. We use a POS application that automatically pops up the customer master note attached to a customer record. We would like to add notes to customer accounts that will pop up and prompt salespeople to ask customers for various things missing from the customer account. For example, we want to make sure we collect the cell phone for all of our painting contractors. I would like to query the database to see which customer records are missing this information and then add a note to each of these accounts stating "please get the cell...

Disabling users from deleting item in their inbox
Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from doing so. Or is there a way to disable the empty deleted items? thanks Frank frank@interconnectnetworks.com <frank@interconnectnetworks.com> wrote: > Iam trying to figure out how to disallow certain users from deleting > email from their inbox. I have a few users that delete item they are > not supposed to and would like to know if i can disable them from > doing so. Or...

Nursing Scheduling workbook
Hi - not sure if this is the best place to post this, but here goes. I'm using Excel 2000. I have been asked by my wife, who has responsibility for this, to look at a pre-existing workbook whose object is to schedule nurses and technicians in a 70+ bed nursing facility, for specific shifts, for each day in a fortnightly period. Since the 70+ beds will soon become 220+ beds, I want to get this workbook working well, but am struggling at the moment. Each shift has a code associated (e.g. R, or TCA, or 4L etc.), corresponding to a particular shift in a particular area of the facility. Dif...

Add Sheets and rename
I have a workbook with one sheet named Sept. I want to add 11 more sheets, name them Oct - Aug and copy the contents of the original sheet to the new sheets. Then change the value in A3 of each sheet to the sheet name. The name of the initial sheet should be optional. If it was name Jan, the added sheets would be Feb - Dec. TIA Greg GregR wrote: > I have a workbook with one sheet named Sept. I want to add 11 more sheets, > name them Oct - Aug Now if you were using LOTUS, it would do that for you automatically when you created the new sheets! as it is, you'll have to do that bi...