default appointment times problems - span 2 days???? help??

When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times
have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant to
finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days.
How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment
which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will stay
as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook?

All day events are 12 -12, not 9-5. If you want it 9-5, you need to make it
for 9-5.

All day appointment change to 1 -1 if you change the time zone or DST
settings after making the appointment. See the time zone changer to fix
these for permanent moves -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&displaylang=en

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Yacht Captain" <Yacht Captain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i re-open outlook and go to the calender, all the appointments times
> have changed to 1am on the start day - 1am on the day after it waqs meant
> finish. So a 12 day appointment is now shown as over 2 days.
> How do you change the default appointment time settings so an appointment
> which is just typed into the day is from 9am - 5pm for example and will
> stay
> as a 1 day event when opening and closing outlook?

0
Diane

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

AutoNumber Problems
Hi, dear all, In CRM 1.2, I use a trigger on database to create AutoNumber. For example, when a new Order record is inserted to the database, a number for this Record will be auto-created by the SQL-Trigger. In IE-CRM, everything seems OK, and I can get the right number. But in outlook-CRM, the number is not created. Why? Is it because that: when we use outlook-crm, the record is inserted to local-database and then merged to the Server (So the trigger will not work for this case)? Thanks. if outlook is in online mode I would expect this to work. When you say it doesnot is outlook on o...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

Help
Hi, can anyone help me please. I had to reload my computer from scratch (XP-home, MS Office 2000). WhenI went to open some of my databases under Access 2000 I find that DAO 3.5 is Missing - re-installation of Access then the entire Office suite has not helped. Although the Available references show DAO 3.5 as "MISSING: Microsoft DAO 3.5 Object Library" there is a bunch of DAO 3.5 DLL, GID, AW and TLB files under "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO". Anyone got any idea how to persuade Access to register these files in order to get my database working again? ...

My category heirarchy got messed up
I just noticed today that my category database seems to be messed up. I'm using Money2003 Deluxe. I started to describe this using generic names, but it was too confusing. So, I'll try it with actual names: The problem: I used to have an Expense category called Personal Care with two subcategories, Fitness and Haircuts. Today, I noticed that these two categories seem to have disappeared from my Money file. They do not show up under Personal Care on the "Set up your Categories" screen. Transactions which formerly had these categories assigned are now mostly showin...

problem with a formula
I need some help with a formula. It seem to be quite simple but I got so confused already that I gave up and need some help. Let me explain: I have 2 columns, say A, B. I enter the date that something is due on in A In column B I enter the date that I receive it If B is equal or less then A it's OK but if B is blank and today is passed A, then I need to put some formula somewhere to flag it out "OVERDUE". Keep in mind that not all rows in A contain dates, yet. I enter them progressively as I receive documentation on the item. So if a week ago I entered in A1 that something is du...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Outlook 2000 Printing problem
Hi I'm running windows 98 SE, Outlook 2000, Explorer V6 and having problems printing mail messages. When I click the print button, nothing happens and I get an error message saying "Internet Explorer Script Error Line 1344 Char:1 Unspecified Error Code:0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SHDOCLC.DLL/preview.dlg I've tried reinstalling Outlook but dosent solve problem. Please help Thx Russell See if this KB article applies to you; http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303486 Note that printing an HTML message is basically the same as printing a webpage and therfor use Internet Exp...

[ANN] Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac Service Pack 2 (12.2.0) available for download
The Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.0 SP2(SP2) Update is a combo updater. It includes all the updaters since 12.1.0 (SP1). You can download the combo from Mactopia or via the AutoUpdater (under Help in the Menu bar). This updater does not include Exchange Web Services (EWS). Users that have the EWS beta installed should not use this updater. EWS and Office for Mac SP2 are independent development efforts and their release dates are not linked. Expect more announcements in the coming weeks. Continue reading for more info: <http://tinyurl.com/mma5ux> -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage...

Borders #2
Hello to all, I have a range of cells C34:N35 I need VBA code in order to have borders for this range or clearing the borders depending on the checkbox if it is cliked or not. ie. The code will be part of CheckBox2 button with condition to show the border or hide them.The sheet is protected. Homework? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu> wrote in message news:eqUJGJOuHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello to all, > I have a range of cells C34:N35 > I need VBA code in order to have borders for this ra...

I need help on explaining this excel formula in simple language?!!
IF(sVdate>G23,0,act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates)) I'm looking for an explaination along the lines of: sVdate is less than G23, then, O is returned, and then ............ ? If sVdate is greater than G23, return zero, otherwise return "act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates" -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "BW" <BW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26D7AF98-869B-498E-AA3A-AF1FF83BE6DA@microsoft.com... > IF(sVdate>G23,0,act365_fwd(sVdate,G23,Curve1_Dates,Curve1_Rates)) > > > I'...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Problem starting Money 2004; Module mscofd.dll
Hi, Will appreciate any help with this problem. For months now, I can't start Money 2004, I had been using it successfully for a long time before it suddenly started giving this problem. When starting, even before the logon page, i get an error: Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mscofd.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0001163d Is this an issue with Windows 2000, Internet Explorer or Money ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have sent the error reports to microsoft umpteen number of times in the...

OL 2003 MAPI problem
Is there a way to reinstall the MAPI components of OL 2003 ? I remember with previous versions I used to change to Corporate/Workgroup mode which would then install the MAPI components but I cant find any methods in this version. Thanks. Dave. The FixMapi.exe tool will usually resolve these type of issues for you. For details please see: 813602 Problems If There Is a File Conflict with the MAPI File on Your Computer http://support.microsoft.com/?id=813602 820865 You Receive an Error Message When You Start Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820865 -- Hope that helps!! Thank...

Trying to convert mm/yy in text to Dec-07, it adds day & current y
I have a cell that has mm/yy = 07/09 , I want it converted to display Jul-2009 or Jul-09. But when I use DATEVALUE or format cell, it displays 09/07/2010 and does not let me display just MM:YY. Thanks hi, ! > I have a cell that has mm/yy = 07/09 , I want it converted to display Jul-2009 or Jul-09. > But when I use DATEVALUE or format cell, it displays 09/07/2010 and does not let me display just MM:YY. try: =text(datevalue(a1),"mmm-yy") or (for international issues): =text(datevalue(a1),"mmm-")&year(datevalue(a1)) hth, hector. Why don...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Outgoing E-mail #2
I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who also uses Verizon dsl, but I cannot send e-mails using his connection. I have tried setting up a new account, but that hasnt worked either. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Check your SMTP server settings - are you set to authenticate to the Verizon SMTP server? anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > I use verizon dsl, and have no problem sending out emails > from home. Recently I have taken it to a friends office who > also uses Verizon dsl, but I...

Customizing CRM 1.2 Home Page
I'm a C#/VB.NET developer that's been put in charge of the CRM system for our company. One of the requests that has been made is to change the "Home" page to allow the sorting of activities based on different fields, etc. How can I do this? I've familiarized myself with the basics of modifying the CRM (the stuff that's documented), but I don't see anything that supports what I need to do with the "My Home" page interface. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! David You need to add your modification into the isv.config file and also turn...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

can't re-call or re-schedule outlook meeting, appointment
Why can't I re-call appointment or meeting, I sent out? I can't even re-schedule it, reschedule button is greyed out. What settings I need to look at to enable re-schedule option, if not what is the purpose of reschedule button in Outlook 2003? MC ...

I have an append query that I want to run several times
I have an append query that I want to run until there are not more records to append. Any idea how can I write a procedure or a macro. I used the RunMacro command but the exprression is not correct; please help me. this is the expression in the RunMacro command, DCount("*","Ste2-Append Weeks in Capacity Data")=0. Ste2-Append Weeks in Capacity Data this is the name of my append query. Thanks a lot In Access, it all starts with the data. If you'll describe your data (both the data structure you want to append to and what you are appending from) a bit more specifica...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

Outlook has encountered a problem #2
I get a message reading Windows Error. Then Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. It asks if you want to send Microsoft a report of the problem which I have done. Then it asks if you want to reopen Outlook. Anybody have a solution? ...

Outlook Synchronization Error #2
Has anyone ever encountered the following issue when sychronizing the Outlook Client (Online) with CRM. A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues... Then in an SQL trace I get an exception that states: Invalid object name 'SubscriptionManuallyTrackedObject'. I'm not sure what this object is. I don't think it's a table or view. ...