Colour values of calendar categories

Hi

I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by
keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword,
and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I
can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named
colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc).

Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better
still, just let me know what they are?

Thanks in advance

Steve
0
Crankylemming

Years ago I had a tool that displayed the value for the color of where the
mouse cursor was placed over. But I don't remember its name.

Why don't you just use the indices of the colors? The figures are fixed, it
isn't possible to change the color. For instance, 15 is the value of the
black category.

You can see all the values in the object browser: Open the VBA editor, press
f2, then select OlCategoryColor left hand.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Tue, 12 Jan 2010 08:36:50 -0800 (PST) schrieb Crankylemming:

> Hi
>
> I'm trying to ensure appointments on our calendar are colour-coded by
> keywords. To keep track of which colour is assigned to which keyword,
> and so I can show others, I'm using Excel 2007. The problem is, I
> can't find anywhere that lists the rgb / hex value of the named
> colours (red, dark red, teal, maroon, etc).
>
> Please does anyone know where I can find these values, or better
> still, just let me know what they are?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Steve
0
Michael

Can I use commas in category names in OL 2007?
In Outlook 2003, I would assign categories like this: Smith, John MVA 1/3/2005 It does not appear I can do so in Outlook 2007. It won't accept the comma. ==> How can I get Outlook 2007 to accept a category name with a comma in the name? "CuriousGeorge" <CuriousGeorge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39312C88-536D-4FC8-A531-8CDB0A2B47F0@microsoft.com... > In Outlook 2003, I would assign categories like this: > > Smith, John MVA 1/3/2005 > > It does not appear I can do so in Outlook 2007. It won't accept the comma. > > ==>...

Q: hyperlink to value and not cell?
I have an Excel workbook (database) with three sheets. The first sheet is an index with hyperlinks to cells in the other two sheets. The hyperlinks are to alphabetical indexes ex: A 144 Snakes 145 T 146 Truffles 147 Turtles 'A' is the column and the numbers are the row numbers. I noticed that when I deleted a row on the second sheet, that the hyperlinks below that row stayed fixed to the cell to which I had assigned then and didn't shift up with the value to which I had intended the cell to link. Using the above example: If I had a hyperlink to A1...

cell value #2
I have a cell that will not accept a formula. I enter =B6 and the cell does not return the value in B6 but returns the text =B6. This is the only cell in a multi sheet w Help wiorkbook that does this. What's going on? Help will be appreciated. Thanks, Gulfman Hi The cell is formatted as text, delete the cell then go and format as General. Retype your formula. HTH John "Gulfman100" <Gulfman100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A3E3374-4D5A-4C1D-9CD8-E118C4E6143F@microsoft.com... >I have a cell that will not accept a formula. I enter =B6 and the cel...

How to read HTML "PARAM" value from Active X control
I am now writing VB6 Active X control that need to read back dynamic settings from HTML page PARAM like following: <OBJECT ID="UserControl1" classid="clsid:8D448F66-8D94-45FA-B31E-8096D82EE64F" <PARAM NAME="HOSTNAME" VALUE="www.hostname.com"> </OBJECT> How can I read back the HOSTNAME value from my vb6 code ? Thanks in advance. Rgds, Kenneth. ...

Message colour ?
Hi All Someone recently sent me a email that shows up red in my message window ( I don't use the preview pane ). I don't have any message rules that would change the colour of that message or anything like that and the priority of the message is normal. Anybody have any ideas as to how this is done ? OL 2002. Cas It's done with the default automatic formatting rules -- View | Current View | Customize Current View | Automatic Formatting -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Exchange Calendar Update Tool problems #2
Is their a way that i can test updating 1 user when i use the MsExTmzCfg. Also when i tried to update using the MsExTmz i recieve this error about reading the file? HrReadConfiguration:Failed to open input file with error 0x80070002. wmain:Failed to read configuration - error 0x80070002. ...

Returning values from mfc-dll to non-mfc dll
Hi, I am new to mfc and dll. I have a non-mfc dll that calls a mfc dll. The mfc dll opens a dialog box. I have done this by 1. writing another func (LaunchDialog()) that does not return mfc-resources or use mfc-rsources as parameteres in the mfc dll 2. CAll LaunchDialog() from the non-mfc dll by including all required header and lib files. extern "C" __declspec( dllexport ) int LaunchDialog() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); InputDialog indlg; return indlg.DoModal(); } The problem -------------- I actually need to pass the value of the text in...

Colour Rows in Datasheet based on three criteria
I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour rows in a datasheet (or continuous form) based on 3 criteria. Scenario is I have a series of jobs that can be either unassigned, assigned and finally "assigned and completed". I would like all rows that are "unassigned" to be one colour; all assigned jobs to be another colour and the final section to be a further different colour. thanking you in anticipation PMK On Mon, 17 Dec 2007 09:05:01 -0800, PMK <PMK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was wondering whether it would be possible to colour r...

changing a series 'value' label to 'none planned' ? #3
Thanks, that worked fine, now displays None Planned if the figure is 0. -- neowok ------------------------------------------------------------------------ neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5940 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274120 ...

range of value
I want to have a range of values for each data point - example: Item A I want the top of the bar to be at 115,000 and the bottom at 85,000, Item B I want the top of the bar to be 130,000 and the bottom to be 90,000 - etc. How do I do that? Deb - You want a floating column chart. Set up your data like this: A B Bottom 85000 90000 Top 30000 40000 The row 'Top' is really the difference between your top and bottom values. Make a stacked column chart (bar charts are horizontal in Excel lingo), and the bottom columns will support the top columns. Double ...

Colour changes
Greetings from Downunder One of my colleagues sent me this, something of a puzzle. She is using XP and Office 2003:- In My Documents I have a folder of PPTs of hymns and songs that we use in church. I file any new songs here making sure that they are a golden yellow text on a very dark blue background. This is the way it has been for about 4-5 years. This morning I went to use some of them in the presentation for this coming Sunday - and would you believe they are now ALL pale yellow on a black background. Every last one of them - and each song is is a separate PPT file. ...

Is it possible to get text values in a pivot table?
From this: ROW COL VAL A HD1 X B HD2 Y B HD1 Z C HD3 J A HD3 Z B HD3 R C HD1 S Get this? Var of VAL COL ROW HD1 HD2 HD3 A X Z B Z Y R C S J (If 2 rows go to same cell, would need to get maximum or first). Not with Pivot Table Let you A, B C data be A1:A7, the HDn data in B1:B7 and the other data in C1:C7 In some convenient place (I use A11) enter =A1&B1 and copy down the column (you could put this in another sheet or in a hidden column) Make the heading HD1, HD2 - I did this in F1:H1 and the row ...

can i match a colour to its wavelength in nm
I have no clue what nm means? http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "aquakem" <aquakem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5542A16-0420-47AC-A1F1-F7C4E6A11B80@microsoft.com... > Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have no clue what nm means? Nanometres. > http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html Won't do it. http://members.cox.net/astro7/color.html claims to have a FORTRAN program that will do it....

What VBA function returns cell 2 from which cell 1 gets its value?
This is a simple and possibly embarrassing question. In Excel 2002 SP3, cell 1 is on ProfitSheet and depends on cell 2, on a different sheet. Cell 1 has a UDF, so it looks like: "=MassageData(SalesSheet!$A$1)" Given that I know cell 1 at runtime, what VBA function returns cell 2? I have tried: Set Cel2 = Cel1.Precedents(1) Set Cel2 = Cel1.Precedents.Cells(1, 1) etc. but that only seems to return Cel1 itself (at least that's what the Debug Window shows). 1) Is my syntax wrong? 2) Is Excel's lack of external dependent/precedent functionality in my...

Consolidated Values for a Pie chart
I have a lot of data within a table. I am trying to create a pie chart, which I will need to update on a monthly basic, so really I don't want to have to create a separate table of data which then needs to be inserted in a chart. My information goes along the lines of: Supplier Value Supplier 1 =A310.00 Supplier 1 =A310.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 1 =A39.00 Supplier 2 =A39.00 Supplier 2 =A39.00 Supplier 2 =A39.00 Supplier 2 =A39.00 Supp...

find & replace value a cell
Hi I found a helpful code from Mr.Thomlinson about find last item (Q1 in row 5) ___A___B____C___ 1|Q1 aaa ZZ 2|Q1 bbb ZZ 3|Q1 ccc BB 4|Q1 ddd HH 5|Q1 eee GG 6|Q2 fff ZZ 7|Q2 ggg MM the code is: Public Sub FindLast() Dim rngFound As Range Dim rngToSearch As Range Set rngToSearch = Range("A2", Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)) Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:="Q1", _ LookIn:=xlFormulas, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, _ ...

Find a value in a worksheet
When I run the following code I get an error on the Cells.Find line of code: Open strFile1 For Input As #1 Open strFile2 For Output As #2 Workbooks.Open FileName:=strFile3 Do While Not EOF(1) Line Input #1, MyRecord MyFields = Split(MyRecord, ",") For FieldPointer = LBound(MyFields) To UBound(MyFields) strVar1 = MyFields(0): strVar2 = MyFields(1): strVar3 = MyFields(2) Range("D1").Activate Cells.Find(What:=strVar2, After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt _ :=...

change color of columns depending on value
Hi use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "van Velzen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3e9301c4ac69$44f2e890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > And just in case you meant chart columns have a look at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Frank's so prolific he may have missed the NG you posted in <vbg> Cheers Andy Frank Kabel wrote: > Hi > use 'Format - Conditional Format' for this. See: > ht...

Adding additional Public Contact & Calendar Features
Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? 2003 Mike Is there a better Exchange group to ask this? Mike "Michael Gregg" <mike@nospam.alyrica.net> wrote in message news:%23N1DuxJNEHA.556@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any quick guide to adding additional Contact lists and public features to > the public folders for separating to different clients/permissions? > > 2003 > > Mike > > ...

using constants as a propoerty value
lets say i want to set, on multiple forms, the header background color to #123456 (as shade of light blue) can i declare "const LtBlue = #123456" (where i would do this i do not know) and then set the property for the header background color to LtBlue (on each form) or do i need to add some code for the on-activate event of each form that sets the property to LtBlue? thanks in advance, -mark In a standard Module, near the top, under the Option Compare Database statement, declare your constant like this Public Const YourConstantName = YourConstantValue then in any cod...

Why is colour printouts not same colour as in word?
When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What could be the problem? Try importing the image rather than copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "DvdM" <DvdM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E59B7744-C2FA-4A06-9778-96690CFFFE86@microsoft.com... > When I print my logo from Word the colour is correct. When I copy it to > Publisher and print it from there the colour comes out wrong. What co...

excel: How can I color code rows based on a value in a cell?
Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. 1. Select row 2. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. Select "Formula Is" 3. Insert: =$J$2="P" 4. Click the "Format" button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Jexample: If the value in cell J2=P, then shade the entire row in yellow. >. > Parker Select the entire row to color. Doesn't have to be row 2. Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$J2="P" Pick a color from from the Format button. Note the ...

Auditing enable new and old values
Hello I have been able to enable Directory service access to a particular OU which I wanted to be audited however I cannot see what changes have been done, I mean the old and new values when I check the security logs, for example if an admin changes the telephone number of a user with a pc in the same OU. Am I missing some setting pls ... Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1279192.htm ...

outlook connector problem with calendar
Can anyone suggest fix for lastest outlook connector problems? My issue is: yesterday, my calendar ceased to exist as I know it. My Outlook would not respond and require task manager shut-down. Not being able to figure it out, I went ahead with uninstalling the outlook connector (it has been the most problematic). It worked - my calendar is back. BUT, of course, now my .live and .msn accounts are not coming into Outlook. So now, I print a daily calendar, then re-install connector to have ease of access to email, etc. etc. ANY SUGGESTIONS? ...