All Day events cover 2 day

When I create an all day event or even an event that covers several days, it
looks fine in monthly view if you look at it in a list view it spans over to
two days.  So when you sync your calendar your pda shows the event as 2 days.
The default for an all day event is 12:00 am to 12:00 am is there a style
sheet that can be changed to reflect an all day event to be 23 hours and 59
mins.

Add the duration field to the view and you'll see they are only 1 day. If
they spread over 2 days on the pda, check the time zone settings on the pda.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I create an all day event or even an event that covers several days,
> it
> looks fine in monthly view if you look at it in a list view it spans over
> two days.  So when you sync your calendar your pda shows the event as 2
> days.
> The default for an all day event is 12:00 am to 12:00 am is there a style
> sheet that can be changed to reflect an all day event to be 23 hours and
> 59
> mins.

0
Diane
3/19/2010 9:05:45 PM
"Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I create an all day event or even an event that covers several days, it
> looks fine in monthly view if you look at it in a list view it spans over to
> two days.  So when you sync your calendar your pda shows the event as 2
> days.
> The default for an all day event is 12:00 am to 12:00 am is there a style
> sheet that can be changed to reflect an all day event to be 23 hours and 59
> mins

The device showing the events spanning two days is lacking a time zone update
patch for DST.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Help with macro code #2
I have a simple command button macro to hide a work sheet page. Is ther a way to keep the sheet from being hidden if there is a value in boxe e.g �g13,o13,g24,o24� then open a msgbox �sheet in use�. Thanks fo any help with this Private Sub CommandButton5_Click() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("Sun Misc Log").Visible = False Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Su -- Db171 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Db1712's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1591 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

Shortcuts #2
I have a PC running Windows 98 and Excel 2000. When I am in Excel and use File - Open and opint to a file it opent it as is should. But If I create a shortcut to the file or use Windows explorer to navigate to the file then double click on it, Excel opens, but then gives me an error message saying that it can't find the file and that the path must be wrong. Why is this happening? The file is fine, since I can open it from within Excel. Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this d...

30, 60, 90 days late and due within 14 days
I am working on a spreadsheet that will calculate late suspenses. Basically I have 3 different types of late suspenses and am looking to calculate between 0 and 30 days late, 30 - 60 days late, 60 - 90 days late and over 90 days and each of these time frames for the three categories. Here is what my spread sheet looks like: Name ID TYPE SUSP DAYS OVER DUE UNIT WOOD 6470 N/A 18-Mar-05 (234) A SMITH 7453 UNIT 22-APR-05 (199) B JONES 9741 CO 1-Nov-05 (6) C ...

Before Update event for Form
Why is it I cant use 'setfocus' in this event? I validate field contents here and would like to set the focus to fields that are invalid. Am I doing this wrong? Is there a better way? Thanks. mscertified wrote: >Why is it I cant use 'setfocus' in this event? I validate field contents here >and would like to set the focus to fields that are invalid. Can't tell what's wrong without seeing the event procedure, but what you are describing is the normal way to do it. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Changing dd/mm/yy to the day of the week
Hi, Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set of dates into the corresponding week day. Ie: I have a column of dates in this format: 01/01/03 thru to 16/10/03. I want to write a quick macro which will then drop into an adjacent cell, the day of the week that each day is, so in column 'A' we have the dates (01/01/03) and in column 'B' we have the day that that date was ie Wednesday. any help would be great. cheers On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 02:13:51 -0700, Gerald wrote: > Hi, > > Am looking for a macro or whatever which will change a set > of ...

send mail every days
Hello friends, Have a question about outlook 2007. I need to run a macro every days, this macro send a mail with information of a SQL. Have the macro created and run succesfull but how i can to do for run every days automatically ? is possible schedulle this macro ? Thanks in advnace and sorry by my english, Christian Wis. This might help you: http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=10&cmd=showitem -- Best regards Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook Category Manager - Manage and share your categories: SAM - The Sending Account Manager: &...

IF THEN #2
Hi all, Can an IF statement be written referencing a text value? My situation is this I have created a list with different text values. I would like the statement to check for these values in the list cell THEN once the criteria are met apply the rest of the formula. If somebody knows a different way to do this I will take any suggestions. Thanks, Eric H eric@innerlith.com Wrote: > Hi all, > > Can an IF statement be written referencing a text value? My situation > is this I have created a list with different text values. I woul > like > the statement to check for...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Dynamic Button with Event

2 Variable Graph
Hi all, I have a 2 variable graph, prices on left axis, interest rates on the right axis with years on the bottom. I would like to add 2 lines without having to draw them: 1) Average interst rate line. 2) Current interest rate line. How do i do this?? I've tried adding another series with the average entered into every year but then my actul interest rate line dissappears to sit at the bottom (i think it thinks it is a price) AHHHHHH Thanks Don't use one of Excel's built-in custom chart types. Make a new chart with all your data: prices, rates, average, and current. Dou...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Calendar day not days
I am trying to figure a way in which I can add a specified number of calendar days to a date (ex: 9/21/2006 + 14 days = Calendar date). I thought it would be an easy thing to do, but when I try what is on MS help, I get the total days from 1 Jan 1900 and can't figure out how to convert it to the calendar day. Can anyone help out in figuring this formula out. Dan (Still going in circles) Dan, All dates are actually a count of the number of days since 1 Jan 1900 but are just formatted to look like dates. Try re-formating the number you get as a date. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancie...

access to http://servername/help/default.aspx is denied: HTTP Error 401.2
On the productive CRM installation the help button on top right of each form, does not show the requested help, but an error message, that access is denied. http://servername/help/default.aspx HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied CRM Server is installed on 64-bit Windows server 2008 R2. For the rest there are no access denied errors on the crm itself. On our development installation on a 32-bit windows server 2003 there is no such problem. Who can give me a hint? Patrik Vogel Is the "Help" Virtual Directory under the CRM website using CRMAppPool? how about...

Launching outlook #2
why do I get a message box "Microsoft LDAP Directory" when I launch Outlook 2003? Email is a pop3 account. I can cancel out of it fine, but I would prefer that it not come up at all. Please tell me how to "disable" it. Remove the LDAP service from your profile; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> View or change existing directories or address books -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Years, Months, Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds Formula?
Hi Everyone, Could anyone PLEASE help me with a single cell formula that would take the difference between TWO cells containing Dates AND Times, and return the elapsed difference in the following format: "3 Years, 9 Months, 15 Days, 14 Hours, 8 Minutes, 16 Seconds" I've been trying all day to come up with it, but so far have only managed to do the date part! I would be extremely grateful for any help anyone can offer. Thank you. Hi Darrell, As long as you have date & time in each cell as entered by Excel you simply subtract the earlier timestamp from the later ti...

Timesheet Formula Problem #2
I am trying to set up a timesheet to cover staff working 24 hrs. Day an night hours are paid at a different rate (and staff members all hav different rate of pay). The day hours start at 7.00 and end at 19.00 Night hours are in between. It is the calculation of the hours I a having trouble with. The spreadsheet is laid out as follows: Cell R4 is Start Time S4 is Finish Time T4 is Day Hours U4 is Nigh Hours. I have entered hours for the first two staff in the followin cells: R5 contains 20.00 and S5 contains 9.00 R6 contains 6.00 and S6 contains 18.00. I have tried numerous formula but none of...

Calculating Time over days
I am trying to calculate hours since I last worked in a daily log. Th issue I have is if there is a day off in between, I need it to go t the previous day totaling the Hours Off. (File Attached) Any and all suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Ti Attachment filename: time calculation.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=61019 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out the NETWORKDAYS function in Help. On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 17:15:12 -0500, TimSmi <<TimSmi.18ztja@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >I am trying to ...

::: How To Display An All Day Event Into A Work Week or 5 Days Calendar :::
Hi, I am working with Outlook 2003. My calendar is setup to show the work week (5 days - Monday to Friday). This is my preference. When I enter an appointment of "x" hours I can see it on the related column (example: Tuesday from 10:00AM to 11:00AM). No problem, perfect. But when I enter an appointment using the tick box "All day Event" (for one or several days) it doesn't show into the column. It shows only on the top of the day columns. Would you know if there is a way to make it appear into the day column to clearly show that I am busy? In advance many thanks fo...

Event 448 Database Corruption
I have a exchange server which have this error. However, we dont discover it, it at error come at leaat 1 year before( we haven't a procedure to keep log,just let it delete,so we dont know the exactly time), because we can backup successful with backupExec, so we did't notice it. I search in google and microsoft. I found the follow article to solve it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810197 but the problem is that I have not enough harddisk space to do Give more information first Server A, install exchange, 1 store, around 30G, the partition is around 50G Server B, backup Server many...

1.5% on your investment every day 365 day`s a year!
For a short information, click: www.sap36@freeautobot.com ...

Summation of 3 biggest numbers... #2
hi all, is there any quick method to add up 3 biggest numbers in a se of number? e.g. I have the following data in a row: 100 20 90 30 And I want to add up 3 biggest numbers, i.e. 100 + 90 + 30 = 220 Thanks -- lau000 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lau0001's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3332 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53144 thanks all, I have solved the problem by "large" function.:) -- lau0001 -----------------------------------------------------...

creation of synchronization log messages #2
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! ...

Vertical Scroll Bar #2
Hi I was hoping someone could help me with this... sometimes when i have a lot of data running down my spreadsheet the vertical scroll bar block becomes very small to accomodate the amount of data i have. but then when i get rid of a lot of the data the length of the vertical scroll bar block stays very small despite me only having say 50 rows of data. what i would like to know is whether there is a way to make the vertical scroll bar block come back to bigger, so it's easier to grab than when it is very tiny??? Thanks Nick Nick Select the first blank row below your data, say...

event handler wizard
We have just migrated a very large project from VC++ 6.0 to .NET 2003. This project uses resource only DLLs with the resources in separate directories from the code. Class Wizard in VC++ 6 handled this very nicely and we were able to add new event handlers using the wizard. In .NET when we bring up the event handler wizard there are no classes or message types displayed. Does anyone have any ideas for how to get this to work? Just another example of how VS7 sucks. There were a LOT of things we could do easily in VS6 that VS7 either forgot about, or makes so hard to find that they are ...

Show actual days
I have two tables : CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT]( [ClientKey] [int] NOT NULL, [PgmKey] [int] NULL, [Date_Admit_Program] [datetime] NULL, [Date_Discharged_Program] [datetime] NULL, CONSTRAINT [PK_SYS_FD__PROGRAM_CLIENT] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED CREATE TABLE [dbo].[DateLookup]( [DateKey] [int] NOT NULL, [DateFull] [datetime] NULL, [CharacterDate] [varchar](10) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [FullYear] [char](4) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NULL, [QuarterNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekNumber] [tinyint] NULL, [WeekDayName] [varchar](10)...