Synchronizing and Read Only

I am trying to set up a one note notebook on a desktop that I can access from
a notebook computer as a synchronized one note notebook. I am using Windows 7
and have a Homegroup set up on the network. I have set up a Test notebook on
the desktop and when I attempt to open it from the notebook computer through
the Homegroup it always opens as read only. I have looked at the permissions
of the folder on the desktop and ensured that the folder is not read only but
everytime I attempt to open it it reverts back to read only (permissions show
as a blue square not a check). I have also tried to open it outside of the
Homegroup through the network and the same read only issue exists.
Any suggestions are appreciated!
onenote 551 articles. 0 followers. Follow

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> I am trying to set up a one note notebook on a desktop that I can access from
> a notebook computer as a synchronized one note notebook. I am using Windows 7
> and have a Homegroup set up on the network. I have set up a Test notebook on
> the desktop and when I attempt to open it from the notebook computer through
> the Homegroup it always opens as read only. I have looked at the permissions
> of the folder on the desktop and ensured that the folder is not read only but
> everytime I attempt to open it it reverts back to read only (permissions show
> as a blue square not a check). I have also tried to open it outside of the
> Homegroup through the network and the same read only issue exists.
> Any suggestions are appreciated!

1. Are you able to create/edit files on the share from the machine on
which the notebook opens as read-only (try creating a text file and
editing it with notepad)?
If not, it is likely that you need to configure the share
to allow write access. Once the share is configured for write access,
OneNote should work.

2. Are you using any other synch software on that share like Offline
Files or Groove ?

Bernd
0
Bernd

Where "regedit" read from..?
When I type "regedit" in the run command of the Start menu, what file Windows uses to get this information from..? I use Windows 2000, but I would like to know where this come from also from any other Windows version. Thanks; Hugo This is a windows, not an outlook question... but I think I can answer it anyway - it comes from the registry files which are stored in C:\WINDOWS\system32\config and ntuser.dat in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Goog...

Unable to open Excel 2002 files
I have 2 Excel 2002 files that won't open with the message they are read-only or encrypted. This is on WIN XP Pro. Prior to this happening I remember them showing a message that there was a sharing violation - I can't see how as this computer is not on a network and I am the only user anyway. I also deleted all files in my temp folders and did a re-boot. Anyway now I can't even open, delete, rename, email or move these 2 files. I have run a virus checker and carried out chkdsk. All other Excel worksheet files are fine. Anything else I can do to check the problem? It can&...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Read receipts not being sent or received
A few weeks ago my computer stopped receiving read receipts and is not sending them when requested. Yes, the box is checked. I am using XP Home and Outlook 2002. The only time I have got receipts is when I have forwarded a V-card to someone. I have confirmed with my ISP that it is nothing that they are doing. Do you know that the read-receipts that you expect to be receiving were actually sent? Recipients have a choice as to whether to send the receipts, so maybe the folks you're sending mail to decided to stop sending them. And while it may be cynical, as far as I can tell ISPs wi...

reading stdin
Hello. I have written a program using MFC and a second program using Qt. The Qt program launches the MFC program as a process and passes to it a bunch of command-line parameters for initializations. The MFC process (program) then runs continuously - taking measurements and dumping them to stdout. The Qt program then reads these measurements from stdout as they arrive. Conversely, I can have the Qt program write to stdin, to issue commands, and the MFC process reads stdin (this seems to work fine), but the process halts until there is actually something on stdin to read! This is bad. Is ...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

Combo Box: Database marked as Read Only
General Information Using Office 2003 in a corporate setting Users access templates from a network template folder via File Menu, New Problem The Word file containing the table that populates the Cascading Combo Boxes sits on a server that all users have read/write access to. One user accesses the template then a second person accesses the same template they get a Read Only message for the Word file. It is possible to stop this happening? I need to roll this out to 15 offices so need it to be seamless for them. If you are the same poster who asked a suspiciously similar questio...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

reading from excel into a webpage
I've been asked to create a webpage that reads certain cells from an excel spreadsheet. Is this possible? -- karambos ------------------------------------------------------------------------ karambos's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16262 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=392892 yes it is quite easy to do this via clientside vbs Public Sub CaptureExcelValues() Dim xlApp Dim wb Dim ws set xlApp = createobject("EXCEL.APPLICATION") set wb = xlApp.workbooks.open("c:\myspreadsheet.xls") s...

Can you tell when someone last accessed or read a contact?
Is there a search feature..or any way of finding out the last time the contact was viewed. ...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

Database opens as Read Only in Access 2003
Hi All, I'm currently in the process of upgrading my applications from Access 2000 to Access 2003. When I do so I can only run some processes if I'm logged on as an administrator on my local machine. If I log on as a normal user access opens my database as Read Only and thus cannot run some of the processes. My applications are located on a server and not my PC. The process which cannot be ran are those which require deleting data from temporary tables. However if I run the current application (Access 2000 version) in Access 2003 it all works fine, its only when I convert the appl...

New essay: The Best Synchronization is No Synchronization
In response to an earlier post saying that messages should not be used for synchronization and that primitives like mutexes, events, and semaphores were better suited, (note also that CRITICAL_SECTIONs had been omitted from the list, probably an oversight, and timers had been included, for reasons I cannot ascertain because timers have nothing to do with synchronization). I offer a counterargument: these primitives are the assembly code of synchronization, and mechanisms like messages and I/O Completion Ports provide much better alternatives most of the time. We should be searching for highe...

I can't read the excel an encrypted excel file
I had to reload Win XP from scratch and also Office 2003. Now I can't read my prior Excel files (which were encrypted by Excel) Is there a way? Thanks in advance Ken Take ...

Synchronization
I am running Money2003. I had to reinstall the program. I am unable to synchronize with MSMoney. Everything appears to be properly marked, but it kicks back an error and says unable to synchronize. What should I check Your post is too vague to try and diagnose exactly what's wrong. But, here are some starting points: Go here http://www.microsoft.com/money/partner/tools.asp#ofxdoc and: - look at OFX_Error_Messages.doc, see if the error you get is in that document. - Try the method on p. 4 of TroubleshootingOFX.doc, CTRL+SHIFT under the Logging Calls section. Then look in the lo...

Read Receipt 03-23-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop How do I get a read receipt on emails that I have sent? On 2010-03-23 07:13:04 -0400, hazelbag@officeformac.com said: > How do I get a read receipt on emails that I have sent? http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/return_receipt.html ����������Corentin ...

GPIB Synchronization and Threads
Hi, I'm currently using the GPIB-USB-HS interface from National Instrument. I'm trying to have several worker threads that will update various data live to the main form; I ran into the problem of "overflowing" my GPIB interface (and my Write command threw me a lot of exceptions). How exactly do you use *WAI, *OPC and *OPC or is there a better way of controlling the flow of data so that the threads don't send commands simultaneously or when the previous one is not yet finished? Thanks everyone! If anyone has written similiar API to control GPIB devices please let me ...

palm synchronization
My system runs outlook Express 6. I have a palm M505 and I can't get the palm to synch with outlook express. The palm will synch with my desktop, just not with outlook express 6 I don't know if there are any conduit programs that sync a Palm m505 with OE...I have an m505 and I use Chapura PocketMirror to sync with Outlook, but Outlook Express is a different program. You may have to do some research to see if there are any available conduits for OE. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgro...

Read the mail with System.Web.Mail
You can read the mail arrived and sent using the System.Web.Mail? Or you must use (telnet-style): tcpClient.Connect (txtServer.Text, Convert.ToInt32 (txtPort.Text)); and use the command "RETR" to read mail. In this case you know how you set the credentials for SSL? Why do I have problems with Google! Thank you. ...

how do I read the timestamp in DOS
I really want to see the time recorded on an old ms-word-for-DOS file, how do I do that? In Windows Explorer, change the View so the file Details are displayed or right click on the particular file and select Properties. You cannot rely on the dates however. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "azure" <kze@dr.com> wrote in message news:ca40a806-29a1-4fc8-95e4-4b472c7c6513@a39g2000pre.googlegroups.com... >I really want to see the time reco...

Problem with synchronizing
I have finished installing HQ Server, HQ Client, and Store Operations in our office. I have tried to connect HQ Client with HQ Server, it will communicate with no problem. But when I try to create global customers either in SO or Server, it won't synchronize. Same with all the items, receipts, etc... I have the HQ Server installed on a dedicated server with the SQL Database with the HQ Database and the Store Database. The HQ Client is installed on the POS system. Any help? I have made sure I am connecting to the right database. Thanks Gary Check Store Ops Manager - File - Co...