shared NoteBook on an ISP server

Hi

Can I share a noteBook so that me and another person in a remote
location "different city" can work on it at the same time? if so, what
is needed and how?

many thx

--
samjesse
0

Hi there.

this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application and all
your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your dropbox in the
cloud. you can then have another user install the dropbox too and sync to
his/her account. this way both people are using the same file and changes are
automatically sync'ed.

hope this helps.
arturelis

-------- Original-Nachricht --------

> Hi there.
>
> this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application and all
> your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your dropbox in the
> cloud. you can then have another user install the dropbox too and sync to
> his/her account. this way both people are using the same file and changes are
> automatically sync'ed.
>
> hope this helps.
> arturelis

As I said many times before: using another synching mechanism on top of
the Onenote synching mechanism is just like calling for trouble, because
it circumvents the lock protocol of ON.

Until today (ON 2007) there is no reliable solution with dedicated
server SW like Sharepoint.
Look here, especially the comments:

http://blogs.msdn.com/descapa/archive/2009/11/18/co-authoring-in-microsoft-office-2010.aspx

If you really want to synch a notebook over the internet I suggest
standard filesharing using a VPN connection, build up from time to time.

Bernd
0
Bernd
4/6/2010 2:52:09 PM
arturelis wrote:
> this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application
> and all your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your
> dropbox in the cloud. you can then have another user install the
> dropbox too and sync to his/her account. this way both people are
> using the same file and changes are automatically sync'ed.

I can only underline what Bernd said.
Dropbox' synching features is nit compatible with ON's automatic
synching.

Rainald

0
Rainald
4/6/2010 8:33:32 PM
I concur with Bernd and Rainald.

"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

> arturelis wrote:
> > this is fairly easy to do with DROPBOX. Just install the application
> > and all your data in the designated folder will be replicated to your
> > dropbox in the cloud. you can then have another user install the
> > dropbox too and sync to his/her account. this way both people are
> > using the same file and changes are automatically sync'ed.
>
> I can only underline what Bernd said.
> Dropbox' synching features is nit compatible with ON's automatic
> synching.
>
> Rainald
>
> .

Moving Exchange 5.5 on NT4 to new Windows 2000 Server.
This is my first post and I'm hoping to get a little advise. Hi. I need to move Exchange 5.5 running on NT4 Server(BDC) onto a new machine running Windows 2000 Server. The new server must have the same name as the NT4 server. There is no AD in the network as yet. Just a PDC and a BDC(current NT4 Exchange box), plus several member NT and 2000 boxes. The new hardware is not compatible with NT4, so I am forced to load Windows 2000 Server onto it. I'm familiar with the process of backup, restore, mailbox moving etc, but I do not know the consequence of doing a backup of Exchange on ...

error connecting to the server while send/receeive in progress
My AOL account was correctly added to Outlook, however I am trying to subscribe to other folders in my email and I am reveiving an error (0x800CCC0E) connecting to the server. How do I correct this? ...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

how to open port in windows server 2003
hi , i have an exchange server 2003(sp1) with windows server 2003 (sp1) the scenarion is like that my mails are going out side through SMTP filter which is installed on another machine in this software the only port 25 is open, internaly my mails are working fine and i can also receive mails from another domain like hotmail and yahoo , but problem i am facing is that from out side of my network means if i want to check my mails from my home i am facing the problem is that i can send mail but can not receivce mail this happend because i am using smtp protocol for sending mails and pop3 ...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

Permission messed up after moving mailboxes between servers
All of our mailboxes were on an Exchange 2000 server built on a Windows 2000 server, which was also a DC before. Recently we setup a new server (Windows 2003 + Exchange 2003) and move all mailboxes to the new server. Except adding this Win2K3 server into our Win2K domain as member server, there is no other change on the domain. After the big move, almost everything worked as before except that I no longer have permission to open other user's mailboxes. Nothing about my security has been changed, I was a member of the following security groups and it was like that for a long time: - A...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe stops downloading from citi cards server.
From early Dec, my MOney 2007 deluxe stop downloading from Citi Card Server afte rciti upgrade their website. NOw it shows OFXIE12152 messge The error code is OFXIE12152. It is server error according to MS articles. #define ERROR_HTTP_INVALID_SERVER_RESPONSE 12152 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263672&Product=mny I contact Money and it told me it is citi problem and of course citi is saying it is not their problem either. The weird thing is that my wife's citi account works on the same computer and in the same money file. The only difference is that...

Secure OWA front end and Secure OWA Server issue
Im migrating my old exch2k sp3 with secure OWA installed on it to a new enviroment with a mailbox store server and a secure OWA front end. I have around 3500 users. Users both in external and internal network access OWA by typing http://mail.company.com and this link redirects to https://mail.company.com/exchange in the same server. Im doing this implementation as well in the new owa server by means of an asp which redirects from de original request to the secure page. I have a certificate from verisign. New OWA server seems to function well with users which i already moved to the ...

Prolems with Exchange Server
We have Outlook 2003 on client computers connected to Small Business Server 2003. We originally had the email configured on Outlook for our ISP's POP server. Now, however, on one computer it tries to connect to Exchange Server. It cannot log on to Exchange Server, and it cannot open the default mail files, so Outlook shuts down. So we can't get into Outlook on that machine. We can configure email accounts in Control Panel/users/email settings, but all attempts to get back to the POP email configuration don't change the behavior of not being able to enter Outlook because i...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

Will SBS 2008 work with HP Proliant DL380 G4 server
We are currently running sbs 2003 on an HP Proliant DL380 g4 we want install a fresh copy of SBS 2008 onto the DL380 G4, but HP does not list the DL380 G4 as a server platform that supports sbs 2008. (This is the PDF http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01479108/c01479108.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN ) It only lists the DL380 G5. According to Microsoft, it appears the DL380 G4 meets all the recommended requirements. We do not have a budget that will allow the purchase of a newer server. Will we be ok with the DL380 G4 or are we going to be missing some fun...

Event ID 7010 between EX2003 servers
Hello. I have noticed this event in my log file: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 Date: 12-05-2004 Time: 01:00:07 User: N/A Computer: EXGW Description: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #122. The client at "10.192.0.11" sent a "xexch50" command, and the SMTP server responded with "504 Need to authenticate first ". The full command sent was "xexch50 2132 2". This will probably cause the connection to fail. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

Sharing the Entourage calendar
Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there a way to automate it so that it saves and uploads to my website? On 7/6/04 11:03 pm, in article fc11fd4e.0406071403.192a07bf@posting.google.com, "Michel" <michel@neray.com> wrote: > Do you know how to share the calendar so my team can view it and my > assistant can post items to it? I know there's a save for web > function, and if that's the best way to do it, is there...

SOLUTION: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all correct.
If you are receiving the following error from Exchange Server Migration Wizard I a the solution that worked for me after digging and digging and not able to find the problem. ERROR: Verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all correct. I was hung up this problem.... Go to the Exchange 5.5 server Exchange Administrator, go to Protocols / LDAP and check the port number. Mine had been changed from 389 (default) to 390. I probably did it but missed this completely looking through the problem, certainly didn't know the solution of specifying LDAP server port in the wizar...

shared workbook
I have a shared workbook. Once in a while, I cannot uncheck the allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This option in the shared workbook under the tools menu is grayed out. Other times this option is available. Can someone please tell me why this option becomes unavailable. ...

RemoteApp is the solution to share .pst files
RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst files over in local network or the internet! At last, no need for Exchange. ss. Alas, still not supported for .psts on a network share. Use at your own = risk. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Synapse Syndrome" <synapse@NOSPAMsyndrome.me.uk> wrote in message = news:%23sexHtIuIHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... RemoteApp in Server 2008 is the solution to share .pst fi...

Windows Server 2003 Logo?
Is it still possible to submit for Windows Server 2003 Logo? If not is there WS2K3 signability available under Windows Server 2008 Logo? Thanks, Steve WLK 1.5 is the latest logo kit available. It does allow for testing and receiving a logo for specific Windows Server 2003 devices (see http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/categories.mspx). John Garcia [MSFT] "S. Heck" wrote in message news:40F84979-5F92-4E04-8A8B-8A482D6A0EAA@microsoft.com... Is it still possible to submit for Windows Server 2003 Logo? If not is there WS2K3 signability available under ...

"File could not be found" server error with Office 2004
I've seen a number of posts here concerning the inability of some users to save Mac Office 2004 files to a network file server with Mac OS 10.4-10.4.2. We're having that problem currently with our Novell server. I was wondering if anyone had an available solution at this time (some of the original posts were from nearly a year ago!), or at least some advice on a work-around. I haven't been able to find any definitive information. Thanks! In article <1121713885.643511.102120@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>, jack.c.solner@walgreens.com wrote: > I've seen a number of p...

The server response was: 452 4.5.3 No more transactions allowed
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C5EF6E.1385E430 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to send email programatically to a list of clients using = cdosys from a .net console application. =20 From what I can gather the mailserver I am using is limiting the number = of recipients. Is the limit based on the number of recipients per mail = message (there is only one recipient per mail message) or number of = recipients per mail session (there could be serveral hundred mail = m...

IS MY SERVER A RELAY?
Hello, I recently came to know something unsettling. Our internal servers can send mail via our exchange smtp protocol without the ip address being in the relay list. I have been using the relay list exclusively, so I'm not sure how this is possible. Below are the settings we have. If you can think of any way this is possible and how to fix it, please let me know. mailserver.ourdomain.com is the smtp address people are supposed to put into programs for the smtp server. it is a dns cname for one of our exchange servers. in the exchange system manager, we have the smtp protocol with...